Mike Huckabee News
Feb 17 2014
Today is Presidents Day, a day to recognize the greatest Presidents of our nation. As I reflect on the Presidency of Barack Obama, I find myself, as so many of you do, wishing that we had a leader in the White House - one like Ronald Reagan, whose birthday we celebrated earlier this month.
I've heard President Obama on many occasions attempt to compare himself to President Reagan. Mr. President, unfortunately, you are no Ronald Reagan! You can try to spin your time in office any way you want, President Obama, but the facts tell a different story.
• President Reagan reduced government regulations and tax rates.
• Under your “leadership” we’ve seen unprecedented growth in federal regulations and higher taxes across the board
• President Reagan understood that small business owners were the key to an economic turnaround and by working with them, delivered a precipitous drop in unemployment – from 10.8% when he took office to 5.9 when he left.
• Under your “leadership,” unemployment continues at an unacceptable rate, with hundreds of thousands of Americans dropping out of the work force altogether.
• President Reagan believed in the American people. Unfortunately, you believe in big government.
• Five years after Ronald Reagan entered the White House the GDP was 8.0%
• Five years after Barack Obama entered the White House the GDP is at 2.4%
I think most Americans would agree that despite President Obama's numerous attempts to compare himself to Ronald Reagan, he is no Ronald Reagan. And that's a sad fact.