On The Show Today
Dec 06 2013
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Obamacare: Obama gives interview to Chris Matthews and says it's not management problem at White House—it's fault of bureaucracy and the GOP, says GOP should be embarrassed of how little they do, youth is abandoning ACA and believe it will be repealed, California urges giving Obamacare as Christmas gift, 9 times more people signed up for Medicaid than insurance in Washingotn state, Rob Ford says US isn't understanding the cost
- Frisco, TX bans red/green colors and trees for schools
- Obama actually lived with the uncle the White House said he'd never met
- Boehner says GOP needs "sensitivity" training
REP. RON DESANTIS (FL) - DeSantis.House.Gov
On January 3, 2013, Ron DeSantis was sworn in as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives as the federal representative for Florida’s sixth congressional district, which encompasses St. Johns and Flagler counties, as well as large portions of Volusia and Putnam counties. He serves on the House Judiciary Committee, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.While at Harvard, Ron earned a commission in the United States Navy as a JAG officer. During his active duty service, he served as a military prosecutor, supported operations at the terrorist detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and deployed to Iraq during the 2007 troop surge as an advisor to a U.S. Navy SEAL commander in support of the SEAL mission in Iraq. His military awards include the Bronze Star Medal (meritorious service) and the Iraq Campaign Medal. He is currently an officer in the U.S. Navy reserve.
WILLIE NELSON AND TURK PIPKIN - AngelsSingMovie.com
"Angels Sing" is out now in theaters and On Demand.
Willie Nelson: The iconic Texan is the creative genius behind historic recordings like “Crazy,” “Hello Walls,” “Red Headed Stranger” and “Stardust.” His career has spanned six decades. His catalog boasts more than 200 albums. He’s earned every conceivable award and honor to be bestowed a person in his profession. He has also amassed reputable credentials as an author, actor and activist. In many ways, however, the weighty distinction “living legend” does Nelson a disservice, for it discounts the extent to which he is a thriving, relevant and progressive musical and cultural force. In the last five years alone he delivered 10 new releases, two of which received Grammy nominations, and a career-spanning box set, released his debut novel and again headlined Farm Aid, an event he co-founded in 1985, all the while continuing to lobby against horse slaughter and produce his own blend of biodiesel fuel.
- Turk Pipkin: Turk Pipkin is the co-founder of The Nobelity Project, an education and action non-profit which seeks to find solutions to many pressing global problems, and which advocates for basic rights for children everywhere. He is also known for his work as an author, actor, comedian, and director.
JONATHAN BERMAN - JonathanBerman.net
Remembering Nelson Mandela
Jonathan Berman is currently a senior fellow at Columbia University's Vale Center and senior advisor to Dalberg, a strategy firm focused on frontier markets with ten offices worldwide. He previously served as partner and director of Dalberg's corporate practice. He has advised numerous global Fortune 500 companies and investors on entry and operations in emerging and frontier markets, focusing on the political and economic dynamics that drive shareholder value.
Lisa reviews "Inside Llewyn Davis," "Out of the Furnace," "American Hustle," and "Saving Mr. Banks."
Lisa is the Yahoo! Movies Film Critic, and is the Hollywood Insider for HGTV’s FrontDoor.com.
Dec 05 2013
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC
- Obamacare: Texas requires background checks for Navigators, Obama and Kathleen Sebelius had private meeting in 3 1/2 years leading up to launch, Harry Reid staff gets exempted, website should have cost $5-10 million tops according to experts, Administration turned down an offer to have it done for free, Medicare cuts to kick in during 2014
- NRSC runs ad against Mark Pryor in Arkansas that even opponent Tom Cotton thought was over the line
- Senate Budget Chair Patty Murray and House Budget Chair Paul Ryan may be close to a budget deal
- Chris Matthews to interview Obama tonight at a venue that will force out a children's ballet company
- Obama dog jumps on kid
BRAD SAFT - LearnOurHistory.com
The new Learn Our History video “Christmas in America” is out now
Brad Saft is the Co-Founder and CEO of Learn Our History, a unique company that makes learning American history fun for children of all ages through a series of animated films.
REP. DIANE BLACK - Black.House.Gov
Rep. Diane Black, a Tennessee Republican, serves on the House Ways and Means Committee and its Subcommittee on Oversight. She has been a registered nurse for more than 40 years.
REP. TOM PRICE (GA) - TomPrice.House.Gov
Congressman Price currently serves as Vice Chairman of the House Committee on the Budget. He also sits on the House Committee on Ways and Means, as well as the House Committee on Education and the Workforce. For nearly twenty years, Rep. Price worked in private practice as an orthopedic surgeon.
Dec 04 2013
- Obama doubles down on Obamacare, still no security measures in place, polls show trust in him plummeted, continues to say GOP wants to keep people from having insurance, people who need insurance by Jan 1 have until Dec 23 to get it, people signed up find out their info never transferred to insurance companies, federal government wil have to pay companies because the website hasn't been made functional to make the transfers, surge to fix it was all of 6 people
- Drone hunting in CO may be new sport
- 11 year old in Portland selling mistletoe to pay for braces is shut down by merchants group
- Post Office sued for using Vegas version of Lady Liberty for the Lady Liberty stamp
- Taco Bell Dos Locos taco shell creator dead at 41
“The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious” was released yesterday
John Dodson went straight into the army after high school, where he worked in intelligence for three years. He was given an honorable discharge and became a deputy. After a long, successful law enforcement career, making detective and working in the vice-narcotics unit, he was recruited in 2005 by the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). In late 2009 he was transferred to Phoenix to help start a new group that would specifically target firearms trafficking, where he became aware of the Fast and Furious program. After blowing the whistle in early 2011, he was transferred to Tucson, Arizona, where he currently resides.
FEATURED GUEST: MIKE ROGERS - MikeRogers.House.Gov
Mike has served Michigan’s Eighth Congressional District in Congress since 2001. In 2011, Mike was appointed as Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and is a national leader on national security policy. He also serves on the Energy and Commerce Committee.
RAY STEVENS - RayStevens.com
Gospel Album “Onward Christian Soldiers” releasing in January
Ray Stevens just thinks funny. His humor is keenly observant and rich in nuance. His style is unaffected and unpretentious which for the past fifty years has allowed for entertainment that is both witty and guileless. From his multi-million selling comedy hit, “The Streak” to the socially aware “Mr. Businessman” to his Grammy award winning pop standard “Everything Is Beautiful” his talent has touched so many. Not only a singer and composer, Ray has also produced, arranged and played on the recordings of some of Nashville’s most legendary performers.
SEN. RAND PAUL (KY) - Paul.Senate.Gov
Detroit Bail-Out/Economic Freedoms Act of 2013
Senator Rand Paul, M.D. is the junior senator from Kentucky. The son of congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul, he sits on the Energy and Natural Resources/Health, Education, Labor and Pensions/Homeland Security and Government Affairs/Small Business and Entrepreneurship committees.
Dec 03 2013
Serving his fourth term in the United States House of Representatives, Congressman Louie Gohmert was first sworn in January 4, 2005. He proudly represents the First District of Texas which encompasses over 12 counties stretching nearly 120 miles down the state's eastern border.
JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO - JudgeNap.com
Judge Andrew P. Napolitano joined Fox News Channel in January 1998, and currently serves as the Senior Judicial Analyst. He provides on air legal analysis every weekday throughout the day on Fox News and on its sister network, Fox Business Network.
THERESA PAYTON - FortaliceSolutions.com
Protecting your digital privacy under ObamaCare
Theresa Payton is one of America's most respected authorities on Internet security, net crime, fraud mitigation, and technology implementation. As White House Chief Information Officer from 2006 to 2008 -- the first woman ever to hold that position -- she administered the information technology enterprise for the President and 3,000 staff members. Prior to working in federal government, Payton held executive roles in banking technology at Bank of America and Wells Fargo. She currently heads Fortalice LLC, a security, risk, and fraud consulting company which she founded.
TONY PERKINS - FRC.org
Meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu
Tony Perkins is President of the Washington, D.C.-based Family Research Council. He is a former member of the Louisiana legislature where he served for eight years, and he is recognized as a legislative pioneer for authoring measures like the nation's first Covenant Marriage law. Although he had no opposition for re-election, he kept his pledge to serve only two terms and left office at the completion of his term in 2004. He was a Republican candidate for the United States Senate in 2002. Since joining FRC in the fall of 2003 he has launched new initiatives to affirm and defend the Judeo-Christian values that this nation is founded upon.
Dec 02 2013
- ObamaCare: Website still not working right, Obama celebrates it getting "better.," New York Times exposes the administration as much more concerned how it effects them and their political lives than how it effects American Citizens, Ezekiel Emmanuel says it's like Facebook or Google launch, Charlie Rangel defends Obama
- Iran: Former NSA director Michael Hayden says "we have accepted uranium enrichment," unnamed US official calls Netanyahu desperate and weak
- Black Friday recap
- McCain junior aide says forget Reagan and lectures GOP on how to win
- NFL rejects ad from firearms company, but takes video games and violent movies
REP. RENEE ELLMERS (NC) - ellmers.house.gov
Renee Ellmers was elected to Congress in 2010. She serves on the House Energy and Commerce committee.
BILLY GOODWIN - NewSongOnline.com
Proceeds from NewSong's single “White as Snow” will benefit Samaritan’s Purse’s Operation Christmas Child on Wednesday and Thursday at NewSongOnline.com
Billy Goodwin is the guitarist and a lead singer for the band NewSong.
DR. JAMES SCUDDER - FinishStrongBook.com
Dr. Scudder's book “Finish Strong" is out now
Dr. James A. Scudder trusted Christ as Savior while a senior at the University of Kentucky. Soon after, he was called to preach the gospel and he attended Florida Bible College. In 1971, he, his wife, Linda, and two children Jim and Julie, arrived in Chicago where they started a congregation that would later become the Quentin Road Bible Baptist Church. In 1992, Dr. Scudder realized his vision of reaching beyond the Chicago-land area when the Quentin Road Bible Hour was launched. Dr. Scudder featured his trademark verse-by-verse preaching and kept the Gospel simple by giving his wallet illustration at the end of every sermon. In 1997, Victory In Grace aired its first radio broadcast. Today, Victory In Grace Ministries continues to reach souls around the world for God’s Kingdom. Whether it’s through a radio or television broadcast in the United States, an orphanage and child-care facility in India, or literature in the dark of prisons, they desire first and foremost to fulfill God’s call to share His love with the world.
Nov 29 2013
GUEST HOST JD HAYWORTH!
BETH ALLEN - FH.org/storm
Food for the Hungry is providing Typhoon relief in the Philippines
Beth Allen has served with Food for the Hungry since 1995, and now serves with as the communications and marketing Resource Manager in FH’s Phoenix Global Service Center. Beth previously served in FH’s Mobilization program, managing the application process for Hunger Corps, the GoED study abroad program, and FH’s internship program. Beth began her FH service with four years in Bolivia, based in the La Paz central office, where she helped orient and train incoming Hunger Corps staff. She also served in positions with the Child Development Program, USAID sustainable development projects, and FH/Bolivia’s church planting/strengthening program. Beth returned to the U.S. in 1999 and ministered for the next six years from an office at her sending church in San Antonio, supporting FH’s worldwide relief efforts. With FH’s relief team, Beth worked most major wars and disasters from 1999 to 2005, including the conflicts in the Congo, Afghanistan and Iraq; India’s Gujarat earthquake; and FH’s tsunami relief efforts in Thailand and Indonesia.
DAVID FREEDMAN - JustSeenIt.com
David reviews "Homefront," "OldBoy," "Mandela," "Black Nativity," and "Mob City"
David Freedman is the show runner for "Just Seen It" and obtained his Masters in Film and TV Production at USC and attended Brandeis University as an undergraduate in Film Production and Computer Science.
Nov 28 2013
JIM BRICKMAN - BrickmanMedia.com
“The Magic of Christmas” is available now exclusively at Target
Jim Brickman is the most commercially successful instrumental pop pianist of the last two decades. Four of his albums have been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America – 1995’s By Heart, 1997’s Picture This and The Gift, and 1999’s Destiny – for sales of more than 500,000 copies. Overall, he’s sold more than 7 million albums. He’s amassed 27 Top 40 singles on the adult contemporary charts, including 14 Top 10 smashes. His collaboration with soaring country songstress Martina McBride, the beautiful paean to love titled “Valentine,” scored at mainstream country radio in1998, peaking at No. 9. Other Brickman staples include “Simple Things” with Rebecca Lynn Howard, “Peace” and “The Gift,” both with Collin Raye and Susan Ashton, “Never Alone” with Lady Antebellum, and “Love of My Life” with Michael W. Smith. Along the way he’s been rewarded for his melodically sublime style with two Grammy Award nominations, a couple of SESAC “Songwriter of the Year” Awards, a Canadian Country Music Award and a Dove Award presented by the Gospel Music Association. Brickman is also the host of a syndicated radio show, Your Weekend With Jim Brickman, which premiered in 1997 and can now be heard on 80 radio stations across North America.
JOHN MCMILLIAN - GSU.edu
“Beatles vs. Stones” is out now
John McMillian is an assistant professor of history at Georgia State University, and author of “Beatles vs. Stones”
MATTHEW BARNETT - MatthewBarnett.com
“God's Dream for You: Finding Lasting Change in Jesus” is out now
Matthew Barnett is pastor of Angelus Temple and the Dream Center in Los Angeles, CA, the first of 150 Dream Centers launched around the world. He is also the bestselling author of The Church That Never Sleeps and The Cause Within You. Barnett is married with two children.
PAUL O'NEILL - Trans-Siberian.com
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is on tour now
Paul O’Neill is the founder of Trans-Siberian Orchestra
LARRY STEWART - RestlessHeartBand.com
“A Restless Heart Christmas” is out now
Larry Stewart is the lead singer of the band Restless Heart
JOHN HAGEE - JHM.org
“Christmas: The Hagees” and “Four Blood Moons: Something Is About To Change!” are out now
Pastor John C. Hagee is the founder and Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church with more than 20,000 active members. Pastor Hagee is founder and President of John Hagee Ministries, which telecasts his national radio and television teachings throughout America and in 249 nations worldwide.
Nov 27 2013
- Obama goes to Hollywood and blames GOP for failure of Obamacare and anything else that has gone wrong
- Senate Dems worried about their elections in 2014, Dems now losing in CNN generic poll
- ObamaCare: Supreme Court to hear challenge to Obamacare's birth control mandate, Sebellius says "give us another chance"
- Iran says it will never stop enriching and claims US is lying about the deal
- Media moves: Lara Logan and producer from 60 Minutes "On Leave," Alec Baldwin dumped by MSNBC, Martin Bashir stays and gets a vacation
- IRS set to attack organizations that it's already been dealing with in a criminal way
- Congressman Trey Radel says he's being harassed in rehab, FL GOP Chair and FL Governor call for his resignation
CHARMAINE YOEST - AUL.org
Supreme Court to hear a challenge to ObamaCare's birth control mandate
Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D. is President & CEO of Americans United for Life (AUL), the first national pro-life organization in the nation, whose legal strategists have been involved in every pro-life case before the United States Supreme Court since Roe v. Wade.
ANTHONY KEARNS - AnthonyKearnsTenor.com
Tenor Anthony Kearns is the original founding member of the popular musical group, The Irish Tenors, with whom he has 5 PBS Specials and 10 CDs. When Kearns and the Irish Tenors first burst onto the scene, he was hailed by American critics as the "most likely... to achieve the level of tenor superstardom of Pavarotti."
CHUCK LOGAN - ChuckLogan.org
“Homefront” is out today
Chuck Logan is the author of "Homefront" from which the movie, which releases in theaters today, is based.
Nov 26 2013
- Iran: Democrats join GOP in Congress to express disapproval, comparisons to Nixon/China way off mark
-ObamaCare: White House admits website won't be fully working by Dec 1, Call center to be closed on Thanksgiving, Vermont has serious security breech, Kaiser says premiums are up $3000 - not down $2500 as Obama promised
- Bloomberg wants people to discuss gun control at Thanksgiving
- Atheists taking to ad campaign in California
- TSA spends $900 million for SPOT program to catch terrorists and haven't caught any yet
SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER (TN) - Alexander.Senate.Gov
Lamar Alexander is s Senator and former Governor from Tennessee. He his the ranking member that the Health/Education/Labor/and Pensions committee, and also serves on the Senate Appropriations, Energy and Natural Resources, and Rules and Administration committees.BRUCE BOXLEITNER - facebook.com/BoxleitnerBruce
"Silver Bells" airs Sunday at 7:00pm ET on the UP Network.
Bruce Boxleitner is best known for the Tron film franchise, TV's Babylon 5 and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. He currently stars on Hallmark's Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove. His long and varied acting career includes the films Gods and Generals with Robert Duvall, The Babe with John Goodman and The Baltimore Bullet with James Coburn. His numerous TV credits include NCIS, Heroes, How the West Was Won, Gunsmoke, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and several The Gambler films with Kenny Rogers. Boxleitner has also performed on Broadway, served as a producer and written two science fiction novels (“Frontier Earth” and “Frontier Earth: Searcher”). A skilled horseman, he was inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City last year.
JOHN TANTILLO - MarketingDoctor.TV
John Tantillo is a marketing and branding expert who markets his own services as The Marketing Doctor. He writes frequently for Fox News Opinion and is author of "People Buy Brands, Not Companies."
Nov 25 2013
- Iran deal: Kerry says Israel "safer," even Democrats are skeptical of the deal, including Chuck Schumer
- Obamacare: More video released of Enroll America officials admitting they are using the effort for pure political purposes, web creator responsible for HealthCare.gov also built faulty site for Canadian gun registration
- New York Times praises Senate action on the Nuclear Option
ALSO:SEN. JOHN HOEVEN (ND) - Hoeven.Senate.Gov
On January 5, 2011, John Hoeven was sworn in as North Dakota's 22nd U.S. Senator, after serving 10 years as Governor for the state of North Dakota. He serves on the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Energy and Natural Resources, Agriculture Nutrition and Forestry, and Indian Affairs.
REP. DIANE BLACK - Black.House.Gov
Rep. Diane Black, a Tennessee Republican, serves on the House Ways and Means Committee and its Subcommittee on Oversight. She has been a registered nurse for more than 40 years.
DR. M ZHUDI JASSER - AIFDemocracy.org
Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser is the founder and president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD). Dr. Jasser is a first generation American Muslim whose parents fled the oppressive Assad regime of Syria in the mid-1960s for American freedom. A devout Muslim, Dr. Jasser founded AIFD in the wake of the 9/11 attacks as an effort to provide an American Muslim voice advocating for the preservation of the foundation principles of the United States Constitution, liberty and freedom, and the separation of mosque and state.
KT MCFARLAND - KTMcFarland.com
Kathleen Troia “KT” McFarland is a national security commentator and columnist who appears weekly on a number of TV, online and national radio programs. Ms. McFarland held national security posts in the Nixon, Ford and Reagan Administrations, and received the Defense Department’s highest civilian award. She ran as a Republican candidate for the US Senate from New York in 2006.