On The Show Today
Dec 06 2013
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Obamacare: Obama gives interview to Chris Matthews and says it's not management problem at White House—it's fault of bureaucracy and the GOP, says GOP should be embarrassed of how little they do, youth is abandoning ACA and believe it will be repealed, California urges giving Obamacare as Christmas gift, 9 times more people signed up for Medicaid than insurance in Washingotn state, Rob Ford says US isn't understanding the cost
- Frisco, TX bans red/green colors and trees for schools
- Obama actually lived with the uncle the White House said he'd never met
- Boehner says GOP needs "sensitivity" training
REP. RON DESANTIS (FL) - DeSantis.House.Gov
On January 3, 2013, Ron DeSantis was sworn in as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives as the federal representative for Florida’s sixth congressional district, which encompasses St. Johns and Flagler counties, as well as large portions of Volusia and Putnam counties. He serves on the House Judiciary Committee, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs.While at Harvard, Ron earned a commission in the United States Navy as a JAG officer. During his active duty service, he served as a military prosecutor, supported operations at the terrorist detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and deployed to Iraq during the 2007 troop surge as an advisor to a U.S. Navy SEAL commander in support of the SEAL mission in Iraq. His military awards include the Bronze Star Medal (meritorious service) and the Iraq Campaign Medal. He is currently an officer in the U.S. Navy reserve.
WILLIE NELSON AND TURK PIPKIN - AngelsSingMovie.com
"Angels Sing" is out now in theaters and On Demand.
Willie Nelson: The iconic Texan is the creative genius behind historic recordings like “Crazy,” “Hello Walls,” “Red Headed Stranger” and “Stardust.” His career has spanned six decades. His catalog boasts more than 200 albums. He’s earned every conceivable award and honor to be bestowed a person in his profession. He has also amassed reputable credentials as an author, actor and activist. In many ways, however, the weighty distinction “living legend” does Nelson a disservice, for it discounts the extent to which he is a thriving, relevant and progressive musical and cultural force. In the last five years alone he delivered 10 new releases, two of which received Grammy nominations, and a career-spanning box set, released his debut novel and again headlined Farm Aid, an event he co-founded in 1985, all the while continuing to lobby against horse slaughter and produce his own blend of biodiesel fuel.
- Turk Pipkin: Turk Pipkin is the co-founder of The Nobelity Project, an education and action non-profit which seeks to find solutions to many pressing global problems, and which advocates for basic rights for children everywhere. He is also known for his work as an author, actor, comedian, and director.
JONATHAN BERMAN - JonathanBerman.net
Remembering Nelson Mandela
Jonathan Berman is currently a senior fellow at Columbia University's Vale Center and senior advisor to Dalberg, a strategy firm focused on frontier markets with ten offices worldwide. He previously served as partner and director of Dalberg's corporate practice. He has advised numerous global Fortune 500 companies and investors on entry and operations in emerging and frontier markets, focusing on the political and economic dynamics that drive shareholder value.
Lisa reviews "Inside Llewyn Davis," "Out of the Furnace," "American Hustle," and "Saving Mr. Banks."
Lisa is the Yahoo! Movies Film Critic, and is the Hollywood Insider for HGTV’s FrontDoor.com.