On The Show Today
Aug 29 2013
- Syria update: Official says Obama will be "muscular enough to not be mocked," Obama aides will brief SOME members of Congress; Syria prepares to be attacked - Israel seems business as usual, but is calling up some reserves.
- Ft. Hood shooter sentenced to death, but will likely die in prison
- Conservatives seem to be destroying each other
- MLK ceremony turns into long political rally; Bill Clinton says it's "harder to vote than get an assault weapon," Obama speech runs 12 minutes longer than MLK, many speakers used the platform to argue for policy changes, Tom Scott of SC - the only black Senator - wasn't invited to attend.
- New term for Obamacare tax: "Shared Responsibility Payments"
SCOTT RIGELL - Rigell.House.Gov
Urging President Obama to slow down on Syria
Scott Rigell was elected to represent Virginia’s Second Congressional District in the United States House of Representatives in November 2010 and is currently serving in his second term. He serves on the House Armed Services Committee and the House Committee on the Budget.
SEN. RAND PAUL (KY) - Paul.Senate.Gov
Senator Rand Paul, M.D. is the junior senator from Kentucky. The son of congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul, he sits on the Energy and Natural Resources/Health, Education, Labor and Pensions/Homeland Security and Government Affairs/Small Business and Entrepreneurship committees.
FEATURED GUEST: GOV. GARY JOHNSON (NM) - OurAmericaInitiative.com
The Republican Party seems to be attacking itself
Governor Johnson, who has been referred to as the ‘most fiscally conservative Governor’ in the country, was the Republican Governor of New Mexico from 1995-2003. A successful businessman before running for office in 1994, he had grown his firm into one of the largest construction companies in New Mexico with over 1,000 employees. Johnson is best known for his veto record, which includes over 750 vetoes during his time in office, more than all other governors combined and his use of the veto pen has since earned him the nickname “Governor Veto.” He cut taxes 14 times while never raising them when he left office, New Mexico was one of only four states in the country with a balanced budget. Term-limited, Johnson retired from public office in 2003. An avid skier, adventurer, and bicyclist, he has reached the highest peak on four of the seven continents, including Mt. Everest.
Governor Johnson is the Honorary Chairman of the Our America Initiative - Based on a belief that a majority of Americans believe that Government and its cost should be limited, and that civil liberties and individual freedom must be protected, not threatened, by Government. Through their “Live Free Projects,” Our America Initiative is working to protect and promote personal freedom and opportunity.
CHARMAINE YOEST - AUL.org
California is trying to make it legal for non-physicians to perform first-trimester abortions
Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D. is President & CEO of Americans United for Life (AUL), the first national pro-life organization in the nation, whose legal strategists have been involved in every pro-life case before the United States Supreme Court since Roe v. Wade.
GRACE-MARIE TURNER - Galen.org
ObamaCare is turning America into a part-time nation
Grace-Marie Turner is president of the Galen Institute, a public policy research organization that she founded in 1995 to promote an informed debate over free-market ideas for health reform.