On The Show Today
Nov 28 2013
JIM BRICKMAN - BrickmanMedia.com
“The Magic of Christmas” is available now exclusively at Target
Jim Brickman is the most commercially successful instrumental pop pianist of the last two decades. Four of his albums have been certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America – 1995’s By Heart, 1997’s Picture This and The Gift, and 1999’s Destiny – for sales of more than 500,000 copies. Overall, he’s sold more than 7 million albums. He’s amassed 27 Top 40 singles on the adult contemporary charts, including 14 Top 10 smashes. His collaboration with soaring country songstress Martina McBride, the beautiful paean to love titled “Valentine,” scored at mainstream country radio in1998, peaking at No. 9. Other Brickman staples include “Simple Things” with Rebecca Lynn Howard, “Peace” and “The Gift,” both with Collin Raye and Susan Ashton, “Never Alone” with Lady Antebellum, and “Love of My Life” with Michael W. Smith. Along the way he’s been rewarded for his melodically sublime style with two Grammy Award nominations, a couple of SESAC “Songwriter of the Year” Awards, a Canadian Country Music Award and a Dove Award presented by the Gospel Music Association. Brickman is also the host of a syndicated radio show, Your Weekend With Jim Brickman, which premiered in 1997 and can now be heard on 80 radio stations across North America.
JOHN MCMILLIAN - GSU.edu
“Beatles vs. Stones” is out now
John McMillian is an assistant professor of history at Georgia State University, and author of “Beatles vs. Stones”
MATTHEW BARNETT - MatthewBarnett.com
“God's Dream for You: Finding Lasting Change in Jesus” is out now
Matthew Barnett is pastor of Angelus Temple and the Dream Center in Los Angeles, CA, the first of 150 Dream Centers launched around the world. He is also the bestselling author of The Church That Never Sleeps and The Cause Within You. Barnett is married with two children.
PAUL O'NEILL - Trans-Siberian.com
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is on tour now
Paul O’Neill is the founder of Trans-Siberian Orchestra
LARRY STEWART - RestlessHeartBand.com
“A Restless Heart Christmas” is out now
Larry Stewart is the lead singer of the band Restless Heart
JOHN HAGEE - JHM.org
“Christmas: The Hagees” and “Four Blood Moons: Something Is About To Change!” are out now
Pastor John C. Hagee is the founder and Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church with more than 20,000 active members. Pastor Hagee is founder and President of John Hagee Ministries, which telecasts his national radio and television teachings throughout America and in 249 nations worldwide.
Nov 27 2013
- Obama goes to Hollywood and blames GOP for failure of Obamacare and anything else that has gone wrong
- Senate Dems worried about their elections in 2014, Dems now losing in CNN generic poll
- ObamaCare: Supreme Court to hear challenge to Obamacare's birth control mandate, Sebellius says "give us another chance"
- Iran says it will never stop enriching and claims US is lying about the deal
- Media moves: Lara Logan and producer from 60 Minutes "On Leave," Alec Baldwin dumped by MSNBC, Martin Bashir stays and gets a vacation
- IRS set to attack organizations that it's already been dealing with in a criminal way
- Congressman Trey Radel says he's being harassed in rehab, FL GOP Chair and FL Governor call for his resignation
CHARMAINE YOEST - AUL.org
Supreme Court to hear a challenge to ObamaCare's birth control mandate
Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D. is President & CEO of Americans United for Life (AUL), the first national pro-life organization in the nation, whose legal strategists have been involved in every pro-life case before the United States Supreme Court since Roe v. Wade.
ANTHONY KEARNS - AnthonyKearnsTenor.com
Tenor Anthony Kearns is the original founding member of the popular musical group, The Irish Tenors, with whom he has 5 PBS Specials and 10 CDs. When Kearns and the Irish Tenors first burst onto the scene, he was hailed by American critics as the "most likely... to achieve the level of tenor superstardom of Pavarotti."
CHUCK LOGAN - ChuckLogan.org
“Homefront” is out today
Chuck Logan is the author of "Homefront" from which the movie, which releases in theaters today, is based.
Nov 26 2013
- Iran: Democrats join GOP in Congress to express disapproval, comparisons to Nixon/China way off mark
-ObamaCare: White House admits website won't be fully working by Dec 1, Call center to be closed on Thanksgiving, Vermont has serious security breech, Kaiser says premiums are up $3000 - not down $2500 as Obama promised
- Bloomberg wants people to discuss gun control at Thanksgiving
- Atheists taking to ad campaign in California
- TSA spends $900 million for SPOT program to catch terrorists and haven't caught any yet
SENATOR LAMAR ALEXANDER (TN) - Alexander.Senate.Gov
Lamar Alexander is s Senator and former Governor from Tennessee. He his the ranking member that the Health/Education/Labor/and Pensions committee, and also serves on the Senate Appropriations, Energy and Natural Resources, and Rules and Administration committees.BRUCE BOXLEITNER - facebook.com/BoxleitnerBruce
"Silver Bells" airs Sunday at 7:00pm ET on the UP Network.
Bruce Boxleitner is best known for the Tron film franchise, TV's Babylon 5 and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. He currently stars on Hallmark's Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove. His long and varied acting career includes the films Gods and Generals with Robert Duvall, The Babe with John Goodman and The Baltimore Bullet with James Coburn. His numerous TV credits include NCIS, Heroes, How the West Was Won, Gunsmoke, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and several The Gambler films with Kenny Rogers. Boxleitner has also performed on Broadway, served as a producer and written two science fiction novels (“Frontier Earth” and “Frontier Earth: Searcher”). A skilled horseman, he was inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City last year.
JOHN TANTILLO - MarketingDoctor.TV
John Tantillo is a marketing and branding expert who markets his own services as The Marketing Doctor. He writes frequently for Fox News Opinion and is author of "People Buy Brands, Not Companies."
Nov 25 2013
- Iran deal: Kerry says Israel "safer," even Democrats are skeptical of the deal, including Chuck Schumer
- Obamacare: More video released of Enroll America officials admitting they are using the effort for pure political purposes, web creator responsible for HealthCare.gov also built faulty site for Canadian gun registration
- New York Times praises Senate action on the Nuclear Option
ALSO:SEN. JOHN HOEVEN (ND) - Hoeven.Senate.Gov
On January 5, 2011, John Hoeven was sworn in as North Dakota's 22nd U.S. Senator, after serving 10 years as Governor for the state of North Dakota. He serves on the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Energy and Natural Resources, Agriculture Nutrition and Forestry, and Indian Affairs.
REP. DIANE BLACK - Black.House.Gov
Rep. Diane Black, a Tennessee Republican, serves on the House Ways and Means Committee and its Subcommittee on Oversight. She has been a registered nurse for more than 40 years.
DR. M ZHUDI JASSER - AIFDemocracy.org
Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser is the founder and president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD). Dr. Jasser is a first generation American Muslim whose parents fled the oppressive Assad regime of Syria in the mid-1960s for American freedom. A devout Muslim, Dr. Jasser founded AIFD in the wake of the 9/11 attacks as an effort to provide an American Muslim voice advocating for the preservation of the foundation principles of the United States Constitution, liberty and freedom, and the separation of mosque and state.
KT MCFARLAND - KTMcFarland.com
Kathleen Troia “KT” McFarland is a national security commentator and columnist who appears weekly on a number of TV, online and national radio programs. Ms. McFarland held national security posts in the Nixon, Ford and Reagan Administrations, and received the Defense Department’s highest civilian award. She ran as a Republican candidate for the US Senate from New York in 2006.
Nov 22 2013
- JFK assassination 50 years ago today
- Nuclear option sends mushroom cloud over political climate in DC - the Senate as an institution essentially died yesterday as it no longer will be what Madison described as the "Saucer for the hot cup of the House"
- Obamacare: Obama now wants to delay the 2nd year enrollment period so prices won't be known until just after the 2014 elections
- Do Americans want doctors to keep trying to do medical care even when the outcome of death is imminent?
GROVER NORQUIST - ATR.Org
Grover Norquist is the President of Americans for Tax Reform
John Lott is a gun Rights Expert and Former chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission. His op-eds have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, New York Daily News, and FoxNews.com. John's latest book: “Dumbing Down the Courts: How Politics Keeps the Smartest Judges off the Bench” is out now
SEN. RICK SANTORUM - PatriotVoices.com
A native of Pennsylvania, Rick Santorum was a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2012 and became known as a voice for conservatives who didn’t feel their voice was being represented. His grassroots approach to campaigning – including visiting every one of Iowa’s 99 counties and his stunning victory in the Iowa caucuses – catapulted him to frontrunner status where he ultimately won 11 states and 3 million votes during the Republican primary process. In June, 2012 Rick Santorum launched Patriot Voices, a grassroots and online community of Americans committed to promoting faith, family, freedom and opportunity. With a goal of recruiting one million members, Patriot Voices will transform the political landscape of our country.
Lisa reviews "Catching Fire," "Delivery Man," "Philomena," "Frozen," and "The Christmas Candle"
Lisa is the Yahoo! Movies Film Critic, and is the Hollywood Insider for HGTV’s FrontDoor.com.
Nov 21 2013
- Obamacare: 64% want it changed, White House knew about website problems before launch, James O'Keefe video shows Navigators willing to give info to PAC, Sebellius photo op goes wrong, prostitutes like Obamacare, fewer people than ever think feds ought to run health care, networks for hospitals, docs are shrinking as companies begin limiting the choices for consumers
- Obama's view of power of President very different than in 2008
- Tea Party caucus debates another shutdown
- Union case involving CA teacher heading to SCOTUS, and the outcome could reform the union's power
FEATURED GUEST: MIKE ROGERS - MikeRogers.House.Gov
Mike has served Michigan’s Eighth Congressional District in Congress since 2001. In 2011, Mike was appointed as Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and is a national leader on national security policy. He also serves on the Energy and Commerce Committee.
REP. RENEE ELLMERS (NC) - ellmers.house.gov
Renee Ellmers was elected to Congress in 2010. She serves on the House Energy and Commerce committee.
TONY PERKINS - FRC.org
Pastors being Culturally Bold from the Pulpit
Tony Perkins is President of the Washington, D.C.-based Family Research Council. He is a former member of the Louisiana legislature where he served for eight years, and he is recognized as a legislative pioneer for authoring measures like the nation's first Covenant Marriage law. Although he had no opposition for re-election, he kept his pledge to serve only two terms and left office at the completion of his term in 2004. He was a Republican candidate for the United States Senate in 2002. Since joining FRC in the fall of 2003 he has launched new initiatives to affirm and defend the Judeo-Christian values that this nation is founded upon.
JAMES ROBISON - LifeToday.org
Pastors being Culturally Bold from the Pulpit
Since 1962, James Robison has delivered the Gospel to the masses – first, through crusade evangelism and for more than 40 years, via television. God led James into the ministry when he was only 18. James began speaking in churches, and doors quickly opened for him to hold crusades in stadiums and indoor arenas nationwide. More than 20 million people attended those meetings, with more than 2 million decisions for Christ. The ministry James founded – LIFE Outreach International – now focuses on television and mission outreaches, and more people are coming to Christ in a single year than in his first 20 years of ministry.
Nov 20 2013
- Obamacare update: Website security risks deemed "limitless," 30-40% of infrastructure not even built yet, Leno jokes about how hackers are signing up more than officials, in OR, not a single person signed up on the website - all applications were done by hand, Carney blames insurance companies for the broken promise of "you can keep your doctor," Obama blames GOP during WSJ conference;
- GOP Congressman busted for cocaine; Pelosi ties to testing food stamp recipients for drugs
- Fake unemployment numbers result in subpoena and investigation of Congress
- Senate weighs the rule change of "nuclear option"
GOV. SCOTT WALKER - walker.wi.gov
“Unintimidated: A Governor’s Story and a Nation’s Challenge" is out now
Scott Walker is the Governor of Wisconsin
ASHLEY CLEVELAND - AshleyCleveland.com
Ashley's memoir “Little Black Sheep” is out now
Since her debut on Atlantic Records in 1991, Ashley Cleveland has released nine critically acclaimed albums and received two Dove Awards and three Grammy Awards. She was the first woman to be nominated for a Grammy in the Best Rock Gospel Album and the only person to ever win the award three times. Ashley is also a writer and essayist who has contributed to books including The Dance of Heaven and The Art of Being. She lives in Nashville with her husband, Kenny Greenberg, and their three children, Rebecca, Henry, and Lily.
TODD STARNES - Radio.FoxNews.com/ToddStarnes
USAF drops "Under God" from oath
Todd Starnes is the host of FOX News & Commentary — heard daily on hundreds of radio stations. He is a regular contributor to FOX & Friends and FoxNews.com. He also writes a weekly column for Human Events and TownHall.com. Todd is the author of two books. “Dispatches From Bitter America” and “They Popped My Hood and Found Gravy on the Dipstick.”
Nov 19 2013
- Common Core: Arne Duncan's dumb remark, program has become toxi
- Martin Bashir apologized to Sarah Palin
- Obamacare: Obama urges people to talk up ACA at holiday parties, website problems were well known back in spring, Gibbs and Plouffe indicate heads will roll, Biden says it will work "God willing," college students losing coverage in droves
- Obama says Congress not doing duty by opposing his judicial nominess
- Palestinians get to vote for first time at UN
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford stripped of powers
- IRS staff in Cincinnati called "low level" by Lois Lerner
REP. JIM BRIDENSTINE (OK) - Bridenstine.House.Gov
Repealing the 16th amendment (Repeal16.org)
Freshman congressman Jim Bridenstine of Oklahoma is a Navy pilot and combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. He serves on the house Armed Services Committee and the House Science, Space, and Technology subcommittee.
“Civilian Warriors: The Inside Story of Blackwater and the Unsung Heroes of the War on Terror” is out today
Erik Prince, a former Navy SEAL, founded Blackwater in 1997. He served as its CEO until 2009 and its Chairman until 2010, when the company was sold. A native of Michigan, he now lives in Abu Dhabi, where he pursues a variety of business ventures.
JOHN HEILEMANN - nymag.com
“Double Down: Game Change 2012” is out now
John Heilemann is the National Affairs Editor for New York Magazine, an MSNBC Political Analyst, and the co-author of “Double Down: Game Change 2012”
Nov 18 2013
- Obamacare update: Insurance commissioner in DC fired for telling truth, More people applied for moose hunting permits than for Obamacare in New Hampshire, Michigan program tests people getting dental care in exchange for community service.
- CIA forces Benghazi survivors and witnesses to sign gag agreements
- Media news: Alec Baldwin might quit show biz, Bill Maher goes stupid again by ridiculing Boston for honoring the victims of Marathon bombing
- Impeachment articles drawn against Eric Holder
GOV. BOB EHRLICH - kslaw.com
“America: Hope for Change” is out tomorrow
The Honorable Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr. is senior counsel in the Government Advocacy and Public Policy practice group at King & Spalding. He advises clients on a broad array of policy matters and their interactions with the federal government. Having served as Maryland’s first Republican Governor in 36 years when elected in 2002, U.S. Congressman, state legislator, and civil litigator, he counsels clients on an array of government matters, with particular expertise in health care, finance and economic development.
REV. KEV ANNAS - ChurchHoppers.org
Church Rescue” airs Mondays at 10 pm ET on NatGeo
Kevin is the founder of “Church Hoppers,” featured on NatGeo’s Church Rescue
HEATHER HIGGINS - iwf.org
Heather Higgins is the President and CEO of the Independent Women’s Forum