Most people agree that we need the following - How do we get it done?
Balanced Budget Act of 2012Develop a comprehensive Amendment, using the Balanced Budget Amendments that have been enacted in most of the individual states as a guideline.
Congressional Reform Act of 2012 (Recommended by Warren Buffett)1. If the deficit is greater than 3%, sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election
2. No Tenure/No Pension: A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
3. Congress (past, present, and future) participates in Social Security: All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. Social Security Funds cannot be used for any other purpose.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress cannot vote themselves a pay raise – Pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress will participate in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12.
9. No Congressman/woman can serve more than 12 years (Term Limits have been added to Mr. Buffet’s recommendations)
Yay for the Governor of Michigan for having Kahonees. I SUPPORT Right to Work States an wish Oregon was one. I resented that money was taken out of my check to pay union fees whether I belonged or not. Its called fair share. I call it extortion. I joined because they were taking my money anyway. I no longer work for a union (government ) job.