Former FBI Director James Comey is scheduled to come back and testify before Congress in a second closed-door session on Monday.  In the first hearing, he showed stunningly little knowledge or recollection of what was happening at the FBI under his watch in 2016 and 2017 –- such as the origin of the Steele dossier, for one thing –- so maybe after this break, he’ll recall a little more.  Somehow I doubt it, though.

As I told FOX News’ Judge Jeanine Pirro over the weekend, what’s happening within our justice system should scare the daylights out of every American citizen.  If the power of the U.S. government can be used against us for political purposes, then what we have is more like a third-world dictatorship than a republic.  So it’s very important how we go forward now, given what we know.

I like to imagine myself in the same room with Devin Nunes, Darrell Issa, and others who are similarly fed-up with the bureaucratic swamp, taking my turn asking questions of smug government officials like Comey.  I’ve suggested questions for him before –- some serious, some for fun –- and here’s what I would ask him this time…

1.  Before we proceed, Mr. Comey, would you like water, or perhaps some coffee?  You don’t know?  Okay, moving on...

2.  The last time you testified before House committees, you answered questions with some version of “I don’t know” or “I don’t remember” a total of 245 times.  Just wondering, have you either 1) been subjected to repeated electroshock treatments since leaving the FBI, or 2) spent years partying with David Crosby?  We don’t know how else to account for such serious memory gaps, particularly since you previously claimed to have habitually made notes of everything important so you wouldn’t forget and certainly not just so that you could leak the notes to the New York Times.

3.   Mr. Comey, you complained before the first hearing about having to testify behind closed doors rather than in an open session.  Given that you seemed to remember very, very little of what happened while you were FBI director, what difference would it have made where you testified?  Is it that having reporters there and a TV audience help your memory?

4.  You sent investigators to talk to Gen. Flynn because of a concern that he, as incoming national security advisor, might have violated the Logan Act, correct?  (We know that was then-acting AG Sally Yates’ concern.)  Please tell us who you have indicted on a possible violation of the Logan Act.  We will all understand this time if you don’t recall, because there aren’t any.

5.  The Logan Act applies to private citizens.  So how, exactly, does an incoming national security advisor for a President-elect during the transition violate the Logan Act?  Take all the time you need.

6.  We don’t know why Gen. Flynn was not forthcoming with you about speaking to the Russian ambassador about sanctions.  But in what Andy McCabe (at your direction) characterized to him as a “casual” conversation, why should he have thought he had to be?

7.  Someone with the national security experience of Gen. Flynn would have known you recorded the Russian ambassador’s conversations, as a matter of routine.  So wouldn’t it have been really stupid for him to try to lie to you about them?

8. In other words, he didn’t deliberately lie to you, did he?

9.  Mr. Comey, what do you know about Donald Trump working with Russians to affect the outcome of the 2016 election? Let’s have it –- right here, right now.

10.  Flynn was consistent in what he said to different people (including Vice President Pence) about his conversation with the Russian ambassador.  Wouldn’t that suggest he was not lying, but really remembering it that way?  And can’t you, of all people, acknowledge that memory can fail a person?

11. Given that you already had the transcript of exactly what Gen. Flynn had said to the Russian ambassador during the transition, what “loose ends” did you really need to “tie up”?  Seems like all you tied up was Gen. Flynn himself, in court.

12.  And since he was doing his job and answerable to the President-elect, what business was it of yours in the first place?

13.  Have you ever heard of someone pleading guilty NOT because they actually WERE guilty but because they had lost everything and couldn’t afford more legal expenses?  Oh...you don’t recall?

14.  The Senate Intelligence Committee has been trying for months to get the original “302” notes taken right after that conservation with Gen. Flynn.  FBI officials are supposed to complete those within about five days, and Strzok and Page texted in reference to them, so we know they existed at some point.  U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan, the presiding judge in Flynn’s case, has called for them, but Mueller has reportedly not turned them over to him in full (!).  My question:  have those 302s entered the fourth dimension, along with Hillary’s 33,000 deleted emails and 19,000 additional texts scrubbed from the Strzok and Page phones, which have since been recycled and assigned to other FBI staffers?

15.  You bragged publicly that in a “more organized” administration, you would never have tried to conduct an interview the way you did Gen. Flynn’s and “probably wouldn’t have gotten away with” it.  How organized do you expect any Administration to be after FOUR DAYS?  (When I started my job as Arkansas Lt. Governor, it took 59 days just to get my office door open after it had been nailed shut by the Democrats.)

16.  You say there’s a “process” that is normally followed before having a meeting like the one with Gen. Flynn.  Has it occurred to you that maybe there’s a reason for that?  And has it also occurred to you that if you had WAITED at least a few weeks for the new administration to settle in and then followed the proper process to interview Gen. Flynn, we might not be sitting here right now and you might not have to keep coming up with new ways to say you don’t remember?

17.  Whether the new administration was “disorganized” or not, what about Gen. Flynn’s rights as an individual?  If you were investigating Flynn, shouldn’t you have conducted a formal interview and informed him of his Miranda rights instead of having McCabe call him and trick him into having a conversation with no lawyer present?

18.  By the way, how much did you care about “process” when you took it upon yourself to declare that “no reasonable prosecutor” would take on the Hillary email case?  Oh, don’t you remember doing that?

19.  You’re going around saying that Democrats must win the next election.  How can you and other members of your 2016-2017 FBI team say that your personal political views didn’t affect your work, when you’re so adamant that the other side MUST WIN?

20.  From the lectures you give the rest of us about morality and ethics after lying and leaking and violating rules left and right, you come across as what many would describe as “a real piece of work.”  Not sure what question I have for you here; just really wanted to say that.

21.  (Bonus question!)  Rudy Giuliani says that the tactics used against Gen. Flynn “should result in discipline.”  He also says “good luck” and “over my dead body” to anyone trying to get Trump to testify now after what was done to Flynn.  Mr. Comey, do you really think it was smart lawyering to treat Flynn the way you did?

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Alex Hagemann

12/20/2018 02:32 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee.
    Too bad you weren't able to question Mr. Comey with these questions. Right on Gov!
    Alex. H.

• Dorothy Carole Betler

12/19/2018 04:26 PM

Those questions are ones that should be asked and answered, maybe some form of truth serum should be administered upon Comey entering the room.
    It is time the people who have their brains left in tact, ( certainly not any liberals) STAND UP FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP AND ALL THE PEOPLE THEY ARE TRYING TO DESTROY.
    God Bless you Mike for your patriotism,

• Mike Brannick

12/18/2018 08:27 PM

I believe you recently said you like Noir movies. If so you might be interested to know my Mother-in-law is the daughter of Joseph T. "Cap" Shaw. Shaw was the editor of "Black Mask Magazine." He is, thus, largely responsible for the development of the "Hard Boiled" detective genre of fiction, which is the basis of noir films.

• Kathy Stieren

12/18/2018 01:48 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I saw you speak at the NPR dinner inL Las Vegas. Very impressed with your knowledge and common sense, and also your lovely daughter Sarah! Here’s a thought about President Trump’s situation: “When you are up to your a - - in alligators, it is sometimes difficult to remind yourself that that your initial objective was to drain the swamp!” My heart aches for the President, and I am terrified because of the very real corruption in our government and the direction our country seems to be taking. Thanks for listening! Hey, do you think we could start a “Go Fund Me” page for the Wall? Maybe that would shame Pelosi and Schumer into acting responsibly!

• Elizabeth Honaker

12/18/2018 11:22 AM

In the run-up to Christmas, loved ones tend to ask you, "What do you want for Christmas?" My heartfelt, deepest-longing, bottom-of-my-soul wish is this: That Michael Flynn will be rescued from the nightmare that Mueller has inflicted on him, and that there is a public recognition of what dastardly politics has done to this good and honorable man. Lord God in Heaven, create a Christmas miracle in honor of the Birth of Your Son, our loving Savior, Jesus Christ!

• Alpha Shelton

12/18/2018 10:19 AM

My only comment is that the questions asked are priceless.

• Don Chenault

12/18/2018 07:36 AM

BOMBSHELL news from theHEARTLAND.... comey will NEVER be held accountable by the weak repub party or biased
    legal system... example clintons and all their associates , which several in fbi and doj are part of... repubs have more desire to fight and destroy each other

• Kevin Cook

12/18/2018 01:45 AM

This is funny but a dictatorial deep state is damn frightening! I pray someone is going to indict Hussein Hellary Comey Yates McCabe et el!!

• Frank Melick

12/17/2018 11:40 PM

I still can't believe their not all in prison. including Muller and his group of terrorist

• Dusty Hickey

12/17/2018 11:19 PM

Comey is a liar ! He does not like what Fox is doing telling the true story of what was going on not the set up per his own FBI group who tried to mess over this Pres and the election even now to this whole Mueller fiasco and so far nothing on Russians influencing. Scary that this group of people that we all trust in this country and do the things that we have seen recently per the Dossier and other things . So he wants to cover up his mis deeds and sit there and try to bypass the events with an attack instead on Fox. No Comey no one made me bypass that woman Hillary never have voted for her never ever in my old life. Go home enjoy the holidays and get ready when it is time to show what happened per this Dossier and this whole Mueller garbage and not anything on anything for Pres Trump and a love fest with the Russians. All a set up. Now to this fantastic soldiers and what is our military doing and WHY? This makes no sense that all he has giving to his military career and the killing of this scum bag before he killed more of our soldiers. This is not right and WHY is this even going on. Yes, if anything Pres Trump pardon the soldier today.

• Lewis W.Blankenship

12/17/2018 10:48 PM

I am just a simple man any veteran, also family veterans. I’m surprise no one picked up James Comey‘s first words before he changed it to an un-organized administration.
    The first few words were truth before he changed it. He said this was it an un-organized investigation. Then slid in real fast sn un-organized administration

• Laurie Jones

12/17/2018 10:32 PM

Wow you nailed it. Thank you for your dedication! I pray every day for our country, our safety. I really pray for common sense to make a come back. Please keep up your work to helping us see things clearly since we can't trust the media. God bless

• Shirley Eckhardt

12/17/2018 08:13 PM

I, too, wish you could pose these pertinent questions to Mr. Comey...the answers (if there are any other than “I don’t know”) would be interesting enough to bring in the popcorn and make a night of it! I have added Mr. Comey to my list (which includes the likes of Schumer, Schiff and Obama) that I would like to have the opportunity and impunity to slap the smirk off their respective faces. At 83, I think I should be given that pleasure as a reward for enduring too many years of democrat arrogance and duplicity!

• Andrew Humes

12/17/2018 06:56 PM

Good piece, Governor! That's some of what I would ask him. Apparently he was about as forthcoming in today's hearing as he was before. You were 100% right about that. Thanks for all you do, God bless you, Sarah and the rest of your family, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!????????????

• susan perry

12/17/2018 04:20 PM

Flynn is a very smart man and for the life of me, I cannot believe that he went into a meeting without a lawyer being present with him.Rudy Giuliani is right on not to have President Trump testify. They are all trying to hang the President. I only wish that the President would let up on his tweeting because he is causing problems for himself. As far as Hillary goes, we all know she should be in prison for what she has done. Any normal person. like me, although I have been told that I am not normal, would be sitting in jail and the key thrown away. Money talks and BS walks. I believe that you do the crime, you do the time. Apparently the Clintons and Obamas do not count. Mr. Comey has done wrong and he should be behind bars, but then we know that will never happen because he is a big shot in Washington. I am starting to believe that Washington is nothing but a big crime, corrupt place where all of the Elite Politicians meet and none of them care about the little people or I should say the "Deplorables". All I can do is trust in God Almighty and it is all in His Hands. He will take care of all the problems and the outcome is not going to be very nice. Merry Christmas Mr. Huckabee and God Bless Your Family.

• Rose Howell

12/17/2018 04:09 PM

Your site is malfunctioning. Observe the pre filled in name and email above. This is bill kohl. [email protected] Get your IT folks to fix this. I have emergency info to get to your daughter for our President that will save lives.

Saudi Prince 100% innocent! I can prove it, or define his innocence for the world to know. President Trump is correct! Peace vital!

• Jane Canfield

12/17/2018 03:36 PM

Very good, Governor! Tongue in Cheek at it's best!!

• Beth Mulvihill

12/17/2018 03:31 PM

Yes your questions should asked cannot guarantee correct answers or no answers,but they are reasonable questions. They deserve a answer,but with Co eye's se for moments well good luck.

• AnneTurner

12/17/2018 03:23 PM

I could not personally shoot an animal unless it was attacking me or someone else however, ?I understand those that hunt as long as the animal is used for food,
    Or clothing, as the Natve .Americans did. I wouldn’t t want to be the one killing a cow, Pig, or chicken either since I prefer to my meat neatly packaged. Nevertheless, I eat meat. Remember the big todo about abolishing the use of DDT in countries with malaria? Now look at the malarial rate in those countries. This, and other insect carried diseases, has killed far more people than DDT. No one seems to care about unintended consequences. The important thing is to show you are doing something. If something doesn’t work, them do moreof it. I strongly believe that the proliferation of gun violence is not due to responsible gun ownership, but to the loss of faith in our culture. Secular humanism just doesn’t cut it. Children used to be raised with the admonition that lying, stealing, bullying, killing other people, adultery, envy, not honoring your parents, and not believing in God were wrong, wrong, wrong, no excuses. Oh, those have been been taken off the Courthouse lawn and out of the schools. Hats important is how I FEEL,who cares about you.

• Tom Larson

12/17/2018 03:13 PM

Will any of these questions be asked? If so, will the public be made aware of his answers?

• Cal Schans

12/17/2018 02:33 PM

Something must be done , the deep state is out of control.

• Linda L Rath

12/17/2018 02:32 PM

Always love the "questions" you pose, Governor! Sure wish the would ask these in the hearings!
    I am absolutely sick over what has happened to our country. But thank God for President Trump, and the exposure of the deep state and the swamp in which they live. Otherwise, "we the people" would have never known. Now, to continue praying for our country, and the return to our foundational values...

• Janice Dickerson

12/17/2018 02:07 PM

My husband and I look forward to your TBN show each week; congratulations! I am going to regularly read your newsletter, etc., too. You are one of the few that I truly trust your opinion. Keep up the good work!

• Alice A Hogan

12/17/2018 02:04 PM

Regarding Comey.
    Your questions were perfect AND witty.
    His behavior is always petulent and obstructive. We are all completely sick of him. All he has done is waste everyone’s time and money dinging around with him. I pray everyday that God will see fit to heap a lot of “justice” on him. Our country has priorities and he is a slug/thug who will never rebound from his shenanigans. Clearly, he all but destroyed the reputation of the FBI, loyal patriotic agents deserve also to see him unemployed and paying for their embarrassments and his lies.

• Mike Grayson

12/17/2018 01:42 PM

The Obama Admin has been the most corrupt in my lifetime. Lying about Benghazi, Obamacare premiums and keep your own doctor, a fake dossier, Uranium One, unsupported FISA, and the list goes on and on and on. Yet not one single person has been held accountable. Are the Republican representatives in Congress that inept? Or are they just corrupt too? The investigations go nowhere.

The Democrats use strong arm tactics, even to the point to raiding attorney's offices violating the client-attorney privilege and knocking down doors in the wee hours of the morning. So, my question is, why do Republican Reps have such weak backbones? Is it stupidity, laziness or corruption?