I hear from more people every day who are so sick of the vicious, impeachment-minded news coverage of Trump that they have simply turned off the TV and done whatever they could to get away from it, just for their own mental health.

Honestly, it’s hard to blame anyone for that.  And the coverage from mainstream media is only going to get worse as Democrats take control of the House and probably start "trumped-up" impeachment proceedings on Day 1.  So repeat as needed:  “This is a complete farce.”  We are being lied to, and with the 24-hour news cycle, that’s a lot of lying.  So trust your instincts and protect your brain cells.  If you hear someone say that Trump has broken the law and should be indicted, that alone tells you that the person is either pig-ignorant or deliberately lying to you.

Alan Dershowitz had a particularly strong appearance with Tucker Carlson on Monday evening to talk about how twisted this all is.  (If you recall, he wrote a book quite a while back called THE CASE AGAINST IMPEACHING TRUMP, which since that time has kept him from being invited to any cocktail parties held by any of his former friends.)  He presented what he calls the “shoe on the other foot” test, which I’ll paraphrase.

Imagine a scenario in which, during Bill Clinton’s run for President, Paula Jones comes up to him and demands money to keep quiet about what he did.  Bill and Hillary pay her out of their own funds --- doing exactly what has been alleged about Trump and Cohen with Stormy Daniels and Karen McPherson.  Because Bill is running for President, he and Hillary are accused of breaking campaign finance law and threatened with prosecution.  “I guarantee you,” Dershowitz said, that the New York Times, NBC, MSNBC, all the rest, would be screaming about any attempt to expand the criteria for impeachment and/or prosecute this non-crime as a violation of campaign finance law.  “Everybody would be on the other side of this issue,” he said.  Republicans would be calling for his impeachment, to be sure, as both parties can be guilty of overreach, and every Democrat would be calling it a witch hunt.  WE NEED A SINGLE STANDARD.  And we need to stop using hypotheticals and maybe’s.

Dershowitz called Democrats “fair-weather civil libertarians,” noting that they don’t care one bit about constitutional protections that impede them from going after Trump.  “That’s the most important consideration –- get him by any means possible.”

“This is such a danger to our constitutional system,” he said, “that I would hope that true civil libertarians would rebel against it as I am.”  (I would add that true civil libertarians still in the Democratic Party could have their strategy meetings in a phone booth, with room to spare.)

Dershowitz made it clear that demands for money to keep quiet absolutely are extortion and that there should be a prosecution of any person, male or female, who approaches anyone (candidate or not) demanding money under those circumstances.  He called this “absolute, classic extortion” and added that it’s “shocking” the special counsel isn’t looking into it.  (It does seem like the kind of “related matter” that Mueller has a mandate to investigate.)  He also noted that Trump had other reasons besides the election for wanting to keep them quiet:  to protect his family, to guard his “brand,” etc.  According to the law, this is why the payments are not considered campaign contributions.

Dershowitz also went into detail about the timing of reporting the payments –- which would have been after the election –-- and said, “So the absurd notion that he won the presidency by fraud and should be stripped of the presidency reflects incredible ignorance of the timing here and how these statues operate.”

This is all going to boil down to pure politics.  Trump didn’t break laws, but the Democrats don’t care.  They’re already saying he did, and will say it over and over again until this lie is “true” in people’s minds.  They’ll say or do ANYTHING to get him out of office (Plan A), or, failing that, to keep him from winning re-election in 2020 (Plan B).  James Comey, in a public appearance shortly after his closed-door hearing with House committees on Friday, actually said that “Democrats HAVE to win in 2020.”  He meant by any means necessary.

So, this is going to a fight.  Take care of yourself and keep a clear head, and if that means getting away from the news and other sources of shrill anti-Trump vitriol, by all means, follow your intuition on that.  But try to stay informed; turn to reasoned and trusted sources.  The next couple of years are going to be difficult, politically speaking, but critically important, so pray for our constitution and our justice system, which are under siege, and for the Senate, where the real fact-finding will take place in the coming year.  We’ll get through this together.

………………………

Redstate.com has a piece that concludes Trump WILL be impeached (which isn’t exactly going out on a limb at this point).  I won’t link to it because it goes over so much of what we’ve already covered, but it does go on to list the reasons why Dems basically have to impeach him.  Boiling it down, they are:

1.  To even the score for Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

2.  To put an asterisk by Trump’s election, to delegitimize him and actions taken by him.

3.  To avoid being punished by the Democratic base, who will demand it.

4.  To have wall-to-wall news coverage of the attack on Trump, plus gavel-to-gavel coverage of the House Judiciary Committee hearings to serve as one long campaign commercial for Dems leading into the next election.

I have to admit, I hadn’t thought of #4.  Seems to me that this could just as easily backfire.  But they’re set on doing it, and do it they will.

…………………………

Speaking of reasoned and trusted sources, Victor Davis Hanson has an excellent piece at American Greatness that puts the allegations against Trump into perspective by looking at what others in office have done.  It thoughtfully explains what the FBI investigation was really all about, back when it was assumed that Hillary would win, and what the Mueller investigation is about now.  This is the kind of solid information, as opposed to the distorted attacks from mainstream media, that can help us deal with the months ahead.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

• Jo Baskerville

12/13/2018 10:11 PM

Another book that is anti-Trump/Republican is "Blood Feud" written by Mike Lupica. He is writing the Sunny Randall novels previously written by Robert B. Parker. I quit reading after 4 Chapters. First it was President Trumps hair.. then a comment about the white RNC. Glad it was a library book and we could just return it.

• Patricia Turley

12/12/2018 03:20 PM

Mike, is it only me who can see a greater agenda for the leftists through the constant Trump attacks? Everything, from the racist accusations to the refusal to build a wall, to not requiring ID's to vote, is geared toward the common goal if globalism, the New World Order, and a one world government. When Trump unexpectedly won the presidency, the effect was similar to kicking a hornet's nest. Their long-range plans were thrown into disarray and they immediately went on the attack. Maybe God has granted us a few years more to enjoy our great country and its freedoms, for which I am grateful but at some point prophecy will be fulfilled. I just pray that Jesus returns for us before then! God Bless!

• STEPHEN CITRON

12/12/2018 01:06 PM

I must rein in my anger, and my disgust, at the current slime pit called the Congress. All seem to be looking to CYA, and not rock the boat to get the evil, and corrupt ones brought to justice. UNfortunately, I also see the 2nd Amendment being put to use by the America loving patriots, to protect both our borders, and the Constitutional Republic, and Constitution. I truly fear we ARE on the road to another Civil War, and the "Globalist" traitors, like Obama, Lynch, Comey, and yes, the Hildabeast, and foreign subversives are going to suffer a stunning, and violent end !

• Bettye Armour

12/12/2018 12:22 PM

Thank you for your daily and weekly updates. I have concluded that your writings are the only source of information I can trust. I have almost stopped reading any other.
    What I don’t understand Is why those instigators in the Democratic Party have not been convicted of treason. Trump is our president and any attacks on him or attacks on our nation. Can’t they understand they only trying to destroy America and I don’t think God will allow that to happen. But it’s a fight!!
    Again thank you for all that you do and thank you Sarah for doing such a wonderful job of standing up for president and America!

• Melissa Macleod

12/12/2018 12:13 PM

I can no longer watch the news. Even Shaun Hannity has become a one subject reporter and that is so disappointing to me. When I want to know what is going on in the world I use European based news feeds or watch OAN. I am sick to my soul of politics , crybabies , snowflakes , and “tittle babies “ ( sorry ). I am mercifully raising a granddaughter who is wise enough to now fall for all of this !! I live in the Dirty Deep South ( Mississippi) and I see , on a day to day basis, the dark and very very real side of entitlement. There is nothing pretty about it. I work construction as industrial Safety , as in refineries and chemical plants. I work 84 hours a week, 7 days a week until the job is complete. Yes , I make good money and I am proud of what I do. I get so discouraged to come home to the blighted area where food stamps are exchanged for cash or drugs. That is MY money and I resent the hell out of a government that gives more to them and takes more from me. ????????

• Tetiana

12/12/2018 09:31 AM

I am not a big fan of Trump as s person, but as a believer I see that God put him in the office for many reasons. I think he does a great job as a president. No matter how hard dems and libs trying to demolish him, God will have him in office until his mission is complete.Thank you for good news every day! God bless you!

• Joan Brown

12/12/2018 09:19 AM

We the people must have some way to protect our duly elected President Trump and insist Congress release funds to build the wall. Each community needs to unite and resisit
    All this impeachment nonsense. God Bless America!

• Marion Lovell

12/11/2018 11:47 PM

I would like to sign the Christmas card for Trump, but it requires a mobile phone number and since I don't have one that can receive text
    it won't go thru. do you know why?
    thanks for all your info, I always enjoy reading it!

• Victoria Walker

12/11/2018 07:49 PM

All this serves, I believe, a bigger and higher purpose -- to keep our country divided. One thing I've found people on both sides seem to agree with is about people spending too long in Congress...for we were given the power of our votes, which in a severely broken and easily comprised system isn't saying much, but to keep our republic of the people, by the people, for the people, and were urged by founding fathers never to allow govt to get too big and all powerful. IF. IF we weren't kept so divided, we could unite in this bipartisan subject, and not only start voting out everyone on both sides who have been up there over 2 terms, 3 at most, but also stop allowing anyone to stay up there over a couple of terms --enforce the term limits that they'll never vote in for themselves. Raises, retirement benefits -yes, to an extreme for public servant positions that were not created to be long term, high paying or have such retirement benefits. And, another consensus--stop voting in career politicians when presented with other viable, vetted options. This would cut into their greed for power and more power and the $ , but big time into their corrupt ways! Less time up there, less time for corruption. We, the people, united, could take back our power to the people, where it's supposed to be. But not divided like we are. So many have forgotten it's not supposed to even be this way. No one should be up there 20, 30+ yrs... and it's usually those that are the loudest and most corrupt. I dread these next 2 yrs. I'm glad president Trump got done what he has in the past 2, bcuz I'm afraid we'll not see anything but grid lock the next 2 yrs. And, I believe a lot of cheating goes on during voting. We all know it does, thanks to Veritas undercover videos, which I might add, the Republican majority Congress and AG/DOJ failed the American people by failing to investigate, as well as fix our broken voting system. Just requiring valid photo id, valid proof of residence and citizenship, and linking it nationwide, would go far in cutting out cheating and fraud. With our advanced technology, I know an almost tamper proof voting system could and should be implemented, esp by 2020! If only by executive order for any federal elections. We're losing our country I'm afraid, and president Trump has only been a welcome delay of the inevitable bcuz mid term showed the silent majority must have went back to being silent bcuz we could've and should've kept the House for our potus and for our country. Hopefully the next AG will be more of a bulldog like Gowdy and truly go after all the dems have done, go after Feinstein and Ford and anyone else involved for the unforgivable they did to judge Kavanaugh! What we've obviously needed is republicans with more balls of steel instead of a bunch who have acted castrated and not at all like they had the majority. To them, it's all politics. But to us, this is our lives and our country. I wish we could vote them all out, both parties, and start over with ones more willing to work together for we, the people, instead of for themselves, their lobbyists and highest payers, including Soros, and don't get me started on that evil man! Again, another area DOJ has obviously failed in!

• Betty A. Huett

12/11/2018 06:52 PM

This is all to make we Christians & Trump supporters to fear but God said, "Do not fear, but put our trust in Jesus"! Just remember God gave him favor to win in 2016 against all odds of almost everyone on all sides coming against him in fear of losing their plush GOV jobs & of losing as the godless DEM party did & now are fighting with all the evil they can to win in 2020 but I tell you weak in Spirit & faith PPL that we have a Mighty God & He is still in control & as long as HE WANTS Trump to be Pres he will be, no matter how discouraging it looks we have the VICTORY over all evil & lies by the trickery serpent, satan, & those serving him! Another miracle will happen with Trump winning huge as the DEMS show their true black colors again as they did in 2016--and by their evilness of murdering babies, stealing & lying God will force their hands & open eyes to what they really are, SOCIALISTS-LEFT_WINGS leading the USA down the path to disaster unless we pray & believe & give God praise in all things; especially His reign over all evil that is an abomination to Him, the lying, torturing & murdering of the innocent babies & adults! Remember Trump & the USA (WE THE PPL) are in God's hands Who hates Sin, Wickedness & Evil!! PTL & Thank You, Jesus! Amen!

• Mark Wright

12/11/2018 06:38 PM

Its apparent, the socialist regime have taken over the democrat party. If our Constitutional Party don't do something about it real soon, well we can see what kind of future our America will become. Our Congress needs to grow a backbone and declare that any socialist minded party, like the communist party in the 50's, be stripped of their citizenship and banned from voting and/or running for any political office.

• Gene Veltkamp

12/11/2018 06:35 PM

Mike,
    This is so spot on. I remember another time in our history, back on 1980, when the progressives lost. It set that tometable back 30 years. My sense is that in 2016, the progressives thought that it was theirs by default. Now, they are saying, they will be damned of they will see a repeat of 1980. Hence, the opposition.

• Aline Oary

12/11/2018 06:15 PM

Most of these leaders have committed TREASON and need to be in prison for what they have done. WHY aren't they. Time is running out to save our nation!!!!!

• Vicki L Kuhl

12/11/2018 05:47 PM

I am one of " those people" who cannot continue on as I have in the past with keeping up with the politics of the day. I feel my head spin, my heart race, my anger rise and I want to punch someone right between the eyes. Worse yet a couple of my best friends are democrats and I am beginning to dislike THEM! This is ridiculous! I'm done. I'm through. If Trump tweets again (which I dont partake) then he needs to eat his tweets. The U S is going to hell in a hand basket and I cant wait for Jesus. Enough said.

• Rebecca Letson

12/11/2018 04:57 PM

I wish there was a way to keep the Dems from anymore investigations until they bring Obama and Hillary to trial for the stage they set with their decisions to not act to protect the 4 Benghazi deaths that I attribute to them. But I take heart in the fact that there is one who is keeping score and He, Jesus Christ, knows the real truth about Benghazi.

• Nichola McKay

12/11/2018 04:51 PM

I am a Christian and strong believer in the prophetic. I have recently seen 2 separate prophecies from trusted sources that say 2019 is the year of things which were hidden in plain sight will have the light shone on it in President Trump’s favor for the whole world to see. It’s time for the corruption to be exposed. I also heard it said that there is one single shiny stone that President Trump has that will knock down all the giants in 1 fell swoop. Not sure what that is exactly, but I am thinking it could very well be his power to declassify every last piece of “evidence”, maybe even done we haven’t seen yet. Wikileaks, the emails, Comey, Clapper, Strozck and all the rest. I believe ALL will come to light and the truth finally revealed. God is about to pour out a tsunami of His Spirit to restore righteousness and order again. Amen! Thank you Jesus! You are still on the throne no matter what happens. Brace yourself, we’re in for a bumpy ride and it will likely get worse before it gets better.

• Pam Acres

12/11/2018 03:47 PM

Isnt there something we can do as citizens to take back control from these abuses of our constitution? I dont understand why these Democrats are not being arrested and why hasnt hilary and Obama been brought to justice. These are the things most Americans want answers to before we the people act according to our 2nd amendment rights!

• Cathryn Petrie

12/11/2018 03:12 PM

First in foremost, all of this is a spiritual battle

• Ruby Howell

12/11/2018 03:04 PM

President Trump has been persecuted from the beginning. He has done more for our country in the past 2 years than Obama did in 8 years. The democrats need to be held accountable for the things they have done. If there ever was a time to pray hard for our country & our President it is NOW! Evil has raised it's head to destroy religious freedom & our nation. It has already started & it is up to us to stop it.

• Susan Durham

12/11/2018 02:56 PM

Thank you so much for your encouragement. We are finding it harder and harder to watch the news, even Fox sometimes. We are so proud of everything that President Trump has been able to do for our country. I'm 69 years old and have seen corruption in Washington over the years. Maybe it has always been this bad, it just took someone to bring it all to light. I think it will take the Lord to intervene. I know there are many believers praying so hopefully it will.

Susan in Georgia
    PS: Tell Sarah "Thank You" for hanging in there with President Trump

• Doug Morgan

12/11/2018 02:52 PM

Bravo to Timothy Ward and his comment today! I am what is commonly called a "senior citizen" but am still capable and willing to exercise the 2nd Amendment. Our country is being destroyed by communists AKA democrats and liberals and it isn't totally their doing. As Mr. Ward pointed out, it is because conservatives are not taking charge of the insane asylum and allowing the mentally disturbed patients to run the institution. Sure wish I knew how to effectively organize a few million of us old senior citizens to go to Washington and show those mentally disturbed Ocasio Cortez, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi and Chuckee Shoe-meres what common people of the nation really thinks of their insanity plus their rotten-to-the-core corruption. There are millions of us who can see through their dung of spending George Soros' billions of dollars to rig and steal elections and then get the corrupt media to spin it as though the conservatives are the crooked ones.

• Tamara McElroy

12/11/2018 01:54 PM

Thank you for being the steadfast voice of reason. It is so very difficult to hear all the hypocritical arguments of the liberal media and politicians. It is truly disgusting.

• Georgeanna Freeman

12/11/2018 01:47 PM

Keep doing articles with people like Derschowitz. I turned off the TV news months ago. Only listen to and read a few sources such as Huckabee.
    Praying for the President every day. This is gonna get real ugly. Thank you Mr.Huckabee God bless.

• Carol Wadley

12/11/2018 01:34 PM

At least President Trump used his own funds to pay his mistresses. Congress continues to use TAXPAYER MONEY to pay theirs. I, and other Americans, have the right to know who used TAXPAYER MONEY to pay off their mistresses, how much and how many times. How much money do we the people put into this “slush fund,” how often, and is there an accounting of where that money is going? This funding needs to be shut down! I find it OFFENSIVE that our Congress cannot keep their you know whats in their pants! (I was just an elementary school student, but I remember well the disgrace of Wilbur D Mills!) Do these people have no moral compass at all??

• ROBERT MCFATE

12/11/2018 01:28 PM

It seems we are getting very close to the point our forefathers armed us for with the 2nd Amendment!