At a time when gun control activists take to the streets to demand “common-sense” gun laws or even the repeal of the Second Amendment --- their ultimate goal, whether stated or not --- one man in Greensboro, North Carolina, has let fly a blast of ACTUAL common sense that has caught fire on the internet.

Last week, the city of Greensboro held a public debate on whether to cancel the Greensboro Gun & Knife Show. People on both sides of the gun debate showed up, to argue for and against a point that was probably moot, as the city attorney had said they were legally obligated to hold the show. But one man who believes in the principle of the Second Amendment but reportedly doesn’t even own a gun decided he’d had enough of the minority getting to speak for the majority of law-abiding people who have the right to defend themselves, and he decided to go to the meeting. Once there, he heard some of the comments (you can just guess) coming from the floor –- one helpful person suggested turning the gun & knife show into a jobs fair –- and decided to speak from the podium himself.

What happened was electric.

He took the truth of that well-known bumper sticker --- “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns” --- and fleshed out in unmistakable detail what that would be like in the real world. He described the scenario that would happen if gun rights really were taken away: Law-abiding people would obey the law and turn in their guns, but the Bloods and the Crips and other criminals would hold onto theirs. The majority who just want to live by the law and go about their lives and keep their families safe would be at the mercy of those criminals. The police are so overburdened as it is, he said, that they would never be able to go after all the illegally-owned guns, let alone keep the law-abiding people safe. As the saying goes, “When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.” (I’d add that in many of the rougher neighborhoods, they’re just hours away.)

He’s tired of the majority view being ignored, and he said he wouldn’t lose his rights without a fight --- not with guns, but he’d be raising his voice loud in protest, just like those on the “loony left.”

We’ve been hearing so much politically-correct blather on this and other issues for so long, we can hardly believe our ears when someone stands up and articulates what we know to be true. What he said was so realistic, so wise and powerful, that the video of his appearance has gone viral, and on Friday he was interviewed by satellite on FOX & Friends, where he expressed his concern that if the Second Amendment can be taken away, the First isn’t far behind. It’s so refreshing to hear from someone who understands reality and actually makes sense. Though he’s thought about running for office and even talked with his wife about it (and, man, we need more people like him doing that), he’s studying to be a history professor (well, we need more people like him doing that, too) and has about a year to go on his degree.

Can this man be cloned?

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW. I READ THEM!

• Dolores

04/16/2018 07:24 AM

I am 67 years old and never felt the need to own a gun. But when I saw the hijinks in Congress as the democratic lunatic fringe staged a raucous sit-in, I suddenly realized that this country is on the brink of anarchy. I purchased a shotgun. Congress made me do it!!! Then when the Florida students allowed themselves to be manipulated by these same lunatics to blame the NRA for all the school shootings, I joined the NRA. The lunatics made me do it!!!! I think I see a pattern here. The more they talk, the further away I walk! Get out and vote, America, your survival is depending on it!

• Deborah Lemons

04/12/2018 12:22 PM

Mike, You need to share Lori Stuckey's story and comments out in the public; we need people (Liberals) to hear home truths like this.

• Deborah Lemons

04/12/2018 12:15 PM

Well this is absolutely great; I loved his speech and his passion. I have seen this several time and even shared. Hope we see and hear more from him, for himself, his family, his community, his state and his nation. Great job.

My question is: can we have him speak to Congress??? We need people like him, making his and our feelings and thoughts known to Congress.

• Grant Carpenter

04/10/2018 07:17 PM

Good article. I agree, for hand guns. Average citizens don't need automatic weapons. Agree? Is the Lord pleased if we have semi-automatic weapons?
    Grant-Cedar Rapids

• Dr. Michon Hawkins

04/10/2018 10:38 AM

I really appreciate him.

• James Spallinger

04/10/2018 08:49 AM

Cars kill many times more people. Some intentional, some accidental: cell phone activity while driving kills many also. Take them away! Will never happen!!!! Just guns- makes no sense to intelligent people. Makes great sense to liberals who live in cities/populated areas. Get out in the real world, forget your political correctness! Use your head God gave you!

• Mike Smith

04/09/2018 11:51 PM

If guns are outlawed, there will be MILLIONS more outlaws. The common American will NOT give up the constitution because some crazies in Washington or elsewhere say so.

• Scott Fischer

04/09/2018 10:37 PM

I'm a "life" NRA member who's never done more than shoot targets and put a little wild meat on the table and now all of the sudden im some sort of convicted criminal! We don't have a gun problem we have a HEART problem! I have pro 2nd amendment friends and family who keep trying to sit on the sidelines...this Is it! We all need to stand up and chip in to protect our freedoms! If the 2nd falls the rest will fall like dominos! Thanks Mike and God Bless!

• Brian Sherman

04/09/2018 09:26 PM

The future history is right in his comments; however, we must continue to remember why the 2nd Amendment was created in the first place.

• Cherise Miller

04/09/2018 09:07 PM

This man is a hero in my book. He is speaking out for the majority when the majority won't speak out for themselves. We need more like him to speak out. The majority has been asleep for too long; it's time they woke up. Only problem is, they will wake up when it's too late.

• Samuel Smith

04/09/2018 08:41 PM

This is a good piece of news, we all need to here! Just think what kind of country (or world) we would be living in if Christians would make a stand like this gentleman did ( and does), in stand of hiding their heads in the sand! After hearing this gentlemen, Theses saying came to mind. "I want to raise a generation of young people devoted of a conscience imperious, relentless, and cruel." Adolf Hitler (give thanks to our government school system this is just what they are doing)! "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln This is what will happen if Christians do not get a back bone and start making a stand for the very principles this country was built on. God bless you Mr. Huckbee and my God over flow you cup with joy due to the truth you teach on this news letter.

• Janette Garner

04/09/2018 06:34 PM

Has no one heard of Prohibition? Or the War on Drugs? We know how successful those were. Wake up, people(steeple). Learn some history.

• David Morrison

04/09/2018 06:14 PM

Those who think they can disarm the American people have not taken into account that the fear of government oppression and of armed criminals will result in a few citizen living out the message on that bumper sticker from about 20 years ago - "The only way y0u will get my gun is to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!" Gun owners outnumber all law-enforcement, local, county, state and federal, by about 150 to 1. If just one percent will shoot rather than being disarmed by a government they distrust (I am not advocating that they do so) all our police would be gone and there would be no one to arrest the shooters. The left needs to think twice before taking action that some gun owners would see as the government declaring war on its citizens.

• Karen Hooks

04/09/2018 05:50 PM

Oh yeah! I watched this on FB the other day. SO excellent! I don't think I realized at the time where the meeting was happening, though not critical to the value of his speech. Praise God for his willingness to stand up with boldness & speak out. The fix for what ails society does indeed start at the local level - with informed citizens taking back control of too-often compromised or weak-willed local governing bodies.

• Elaine Woodford

04/09/2018 04:54 PM

I saw his speech last week on FB. I was so excited that someone, as you said, with common sense had spoken so eloquently in support of gun laws. I shared his speech on FB and wrote he should be sheriff or president of the City Council. But, now, knowing his education, I realize he can go MUCH further than my suggestion and I hope he does!!!

• Mittie M Smith

04/09/2018 04:30 PM

Gov Huckabee, thank you for sharing the common sense article about the 2nd Amendment. Our nation needs more rational people to speak out with true facts. Thank you for all you do for the USA!!

• Kathy Nogle

04/09/2018 04:26 PM

When the civil war starts I'll be standing with man. He's a breath of fresh air. (I like your daily reports.)

• Betty Kavanagh

04/09/2018 04:21 PM

I am not a gun owner but I believe in the right to own a gun. My mother always kept a hand gun in the house. Thankfully she never had to use it. I believe in some sensible restrictions for what kind of guns can be sold & background checks. I don't believe mentally unstable people should have them in their possession but not sure how you would determine that. In regard to schools, rather than have every teacher armed with a gun, I'm wondering if they could have a metal detector & 1 or 2 armed security at each entrance. They have done that at our court house & it seems to work well;

• Jeanette Pynes

04/09/2018 04:16 PM

God bless that man for courageously speaking the truth. May we be blessed with 1000's of other individuals who are willing to speak up--because it matters.

• Tim Tucker

04/09/2018 03:53 PM

The basic principal of the Bill of Rights is getting lost in this argument. The Constitution outlines the responsibilities of our government when a majority of US citizens have decided on an issue. The Bill of Rights is a list of freedoms of the individual citizen, NO MATTER WHAT THE MAJORITY DECIDES! Even if the majority of Americans decided that Congress should interfere with or limit gun ownership, their voice is silenced by the Second Amendment. The Bill of Rights protects "One" from "Millions".

• Vicki Newman

04/09/2018 03:45 PM

Well said... and thank you Mr. Huckabee for helping people to hear the truth. My husband and I watch your weekly show on TBN and so do alot of our Christian friends... it is refreshing to hear the truth and to know that we are not the only ones thinking these thoughts. Keep up the excellent work you are doing, to help us all to stay informed about our nation, our leaders and the world.
    Sincerely
    Vicki Newman

• Firewagon

04/09/2018 03:32 PM

He was spot on with nearly all of his comments. One little nit-pick about being "law abiding" and turning in his guns. I'm NOT that law abiding, as in sheep being led to the slaughter! My "personal credo" reads: I will obey no man-made law that would deny me my "God Given Right to Self-defense," of myself or mine, by ANY appropriate means, ANYWHERE. Your conscience be your guide! How does that little diddie go(?), First they came for the baker, and I did nothing....The actual quote by Edmond Burke is far more sagacious than the later revision having to do with Evil succeeding by good men doing nothing: "No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united Cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." If that doesn't tell you NOT to meekly surrender your "weapons," you should review your penchant for naïveté!

• Sheila Fletcher

04/09/2018 03:30 PM

You asked if this man could be cloned. Even though we are close to that, it really isn't necessary to clone him. There are many good men and women who feel the why he does. They just don't want the public ridicule they would undergo if they spoke up. Or even if they desired to seek a public office. If it's put to a public vote. I'm sure we will turn out in numbers again to show how we feel. The 2nd won't go down without a fight. And guns really aren't necessary to insure that. We have pitchforks. Oh and rocks. Rocks can hurt, kill.

• Mary Beadles

04/09/2018 03:18 PM

Hitler demanded all the guns too...if we just remember history.

• Eileen Barayasarra

04/09/2018 03:06 PM

In 2005 when I was 66 years old and home alone, a young man ran in my back door. He was 24, resembled Mike Tyson, except he was Mexican. He was high on meth, a member of the violent MS-13 gang. Fortunately I had a small pistol handy and it sufficed to get him back out the door. BUT! If he had brought 6 of his little GANG PUKES with him, I would have needed a rifle that SPRAYS bullets and KEEPS shooting until the danger is over! All is well that ends well- - -I ended up with 17 WONDERFUL cops in my yard, and after a 15 minute battle with them, HE left in the ambulance and I DID NOT! Do you wonder why I am a LIFE MEMBER of NRA?

• Robert McFate

04/09/2018 02:59 PM

There are many out here that hold that opinion but we have very hard time cutting through all the Libturd Communist static!

• Bob

04/09/2018 02:02 PM

I totally agree, the bad guys will keep their guns and get more illegally !!
    We need to stop the guns and everything coming across our borders illegally !!

• Carol Peters

04/09/2018 01:58 PM

No cloning!!! lol Indeed more of us " deplorables" need to go viral with that message. The more rights we give up, the more government can control our lives.

• Lori Stucky

04/09/2018 01:54 PM

I am an ex-pat living in northeast Brazil. The general populous in this country is not allowed to own a fire arm, but that doesn't keep the bandits from having them. People I know EVERY DAY are held up at gun point and demanded to hand over their cellphones, wedding rings, wallets, etc. I personally know people who have been held hostage in their own bathroom while their home was being looted and ransacked. I know people who have been killed in front of their own family.

We are not, by law, allowed to carry tasers or even pepper spray to deter an assault. Every time I head out of the house, I consider very carefully what items I take with me. I may not return with them. I have personally be held up by a 12-14 year old kid along with two other adult males. We didn't know if the gun he was holding was real, loaded or just a fake.

It is a privilege to be able to protect oneself. It is a responsibility to actually own a fire arm. America needs to think very carefully before repealing any kind of gun ownership laws. America needs to get out and see what the rest of the world is like.

• Hugh Thomas

04/09/2018 01:50 PM

Bro. Huckabee, I thank you for your comments . We all need to get the message he has. Thanks for your stand also. GOD'S blessing to you

• Janice Hamman

04/09/2018 01:31 PM

If guns are outlawed, there should be no guns protecting anyone in the government. The police shouldn't have guns because they have been know to shoot innocent bystanders. That would leave only the outlaws with guns. Don't these idiots see what is happening in the UK? The criminals are running rampant. And, surprise, surprise, the ones that want to kill are now doing it with knives, I someone wants to kill they don't need guns or knives. They can kill with their bare hands, suffocate with a pillow, use poison, a bomb, their car, or a rock. Let's cut off everyone's hands, burn all the pillows, eradicate the earth of all poisons and anything to build a bomb, then, get rid of all vehicles, and be sure to get rid of all those rocks. All that is stupid, and so is getting rid of guns. The only reason for getting rid of guns is to those in power can control or do away with the rest of us.

• Ruth Lilley

04/09/2018 01:28 PM

I was in awe of this man,to speak for most Americans the way WE think

• Rosemarie O'Neil

04/09/2018 01:18 PM

So good to hear!!!!

• Stephen Russell

04/09/2018 01:11 PM

Run video on FNC, Hannity & Laura alone.
    NRA Online, etc alone.

• Fred Bryn

04/09/2018 01:11 PM

I think this man was courageous to stand up and speak what is truth. And in a manner which really should not offend even the left, though I'm sure many were sputtering. Common sense tends to baffle many. Good job sir.

• Brian Hagedorn

04/09/2018 01:08 PM

What is this man’s name. I want to give him credit and praise for his courage , bravery and wisdom in these times of lies and deceit made out to be truth when the looney left and most of society denies any truth. Thank you for this bright light of hope shining in the chaos and darkness.

• Suzanne E Wall

04/09/2018 12:13 PM

Thank you, Mike for publishing this little heard piece. I saw this guy on F&F. I applaud his bravery.