Democrats embrace infanticide

January 31, 2019

Once again proving that today’s satire is tomorrow’s headline, last week, I quoted a prominent media figure who accused President Trump of being an inhuman monster for allegedly wanting to “rip children from their mothers’ arms and throw them in cages,” and noted that he was fine with ripping children from their mothers’ wombs and throwing them in Dumpsters.

And shortly afterward, here came Senator (and, of course, Democratic Presidential hopeless…sorry, “hopeful”) Sherrod Brown to turn my criticism into an actual talking point. Brown told a (surprise!) small crowd of supporters that Trump is a “phony populist” because real populists “don’t rip babies from families at the border.”

Yet Brown is one of the strongest supporters of abortion rights, and he made this speech on the very day that the Democratic Party came under fire from every American with a functioning heart for its shocking embrace of outright infanticide.

First came the passage of a law in New York by the newly-empowered Democratic state government that (despite claims to the contrary) legalizes abortion up to the moment of birth.  Democrats are promoting similar laws in Rhode Island and Virginia.  Virginia’s REPEAL Act, proposed by major Planned Parenthood donation recipient Kathy Tran, would not only remove restrictions on abortion in the last three months of pregnancy (and even while the mother in in labor), it would also eliminate informed consent, clinic safety standards (sounds like this would really improve “women’s health care”), ultrasound requirements (because studies show that up to 80% of women change their minds about getting an abortion if they see their baby and hear its heartbeat) and more.

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northram upped the horror quotient in seeming to endorse the REPEAL Act in this way:

"When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of — obviously — the mother, with the consent of the physicians — more than one physician, by the way. And it's done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that's non-viable..."

"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and mother."

To be clear:  He’s saying that an “infant” (not a fetus or “clump of cells,” but a baby) that’s in medical distress after it’s been delivered and is alive outside its mother’s body (so the rationale for abortion being about the mother controlling her own body is irrelevant) should be allowed to just lie there while the mother and doctors debate whether to give it CPR or not. I’m curious: have any of these doctors ever heard of the Hippocratic Oath?  Here are a couple of quotes from the version used by most modern US medical schools:

“I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required”…“Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.”

Northram now claims his comments were misconstrued.  I cut politicians more slack on slips of the tongue than most people do, but how can anyone possibly suggest that doctors and parents should stand around jawboning about whether to help a live-born baby while it’s struggling for its life and not realize how unconscionable that is?

Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, author of the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, is calling on Northram to resign. Sasse called Northram’s comments “morally repugnant,” and said, “In just a few years, pro-abortion zealots went from ‘safe, legal, and rare’ to ‘keep the newborns comfortable while the doctor debates infanticide. I don’t care what party you’re from — if you can’t say that it’s wrong to leave babies to die after birth, get the hell out of public office.”

Then again, considering bills like the one in New York that allows people who aren’t even doctors to perform abortions, maybe the people who would be present in such a situation wouldn’t ever have heard of the Hippocratic Oath or have any idea what to do to save a baby born alive during a “botched” abortion (abortions are the only surgical procedure that’s considered “botched” if the patient lives.)

Between the Indy 500-like race to the far left among Democratic Congress members and Presidential candidates (“Socialism! Medicare for All! 90% tax rates!”) and their embrace of infanticide, today’s modern Democratic Party seems intent on proving that entrusting them with any power at all is a worse mistake than entrusting a junkie with a bag of crack.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

SPLC problems

"Seattle Is Dying": AN IMPORTANT POSTSCRIPT

• Edward Mitchell Jr

02/04/2019 06:11 PM

Very sad state of affairs for our country not just for Demoncrats, but for America as a whole, that America has come to the point of killing babies and trying to justify it. The idea of anyone thinking this is about women's right to health care is or the right to make birth control decisions after the fact is sickening. This murdering babies has no place in a civilized society and yet the states think of it as a woman's right to kill a baby because of defects or because I changed my mind. For me this has been about the woman getting all the rights while the men have no rights or say at all. There has not been any woman in the last 2000 or so years that has gotten pregnant on their own! Men must pay child support if they do not take care of the child, but yet they are not included in the decision whether to have the baby or not. I have made my own mistakes, being victimized twice by not being able to be included in any discussion. I was never asked and in one case I wasn't told about the abortion until after it had occurred! The whole system is wrong and I pray that women that have gone so far as to be in labor will never make that decision. The Demoncrats have done so much damage in other areas of moral beliefs that this will bring our country to a fast demise if not reversed. Last Days!

• Janice Short

02/02/2019 11:30 AM

I am SO mad at the Democrats for the new assault on unborn babies, now on babies that are born & then the parent or parents can decide to have the baby murdered!!! There is absolutely no reason for anyone to become pregnant with all the free birth control available. I have always been against abortion but even more so now. What about the babies who are put through HELL by being murdered while in the mothers' wombs. How long will our Heavenly Father allow this awful act to continue? I was once a Democrat but thankfully am no longer. The Democratic Party in America is composed of evil people!!!

• Melinda Lucas

02/01/2019 09:39 PM

Dear Governor Huckabee,
    I will never forget being at a doctor's appointment when my husband and I lived in Maryland in 1978. The fact that I was indeed expecting a baby had just been confirmed and I'll never forget the "doctor's" question: "Would you like an abortion?" My response was "Why?" and "Why would you ask me that?" Her response was "Well, you already have four children and I thought you wouldn't want another one." Hmmmmm, well she would be wrong and 7 1/2 months later I delivered a beautiful baby girl named Suzanne who is now 40 years old and an lovely, accomplished woman who has a family of her own and has a degree in elementary education. Suzanne is beautiful with dark hair and blue eyes like sapphires; plus, she is beautiful both inside and outside. Suzanne has four older siblings and three who are younger so I guess you could say we thought we were on to a good thing. Each of our children is college educated and are responsible, dedicated, faithful, and true. All for now, but thank you for your good works! Melinda Lucas

• Ann Bouchard

02/01/2019 06:16 PM

Yeah I know you are are fighting the monster yourself. Seems that there is no end to the hypocracy. I often wonder what I am doing here. There isn’t any integrity. It was bad 10 years ago but it is getting worse all the time. They are out to get people and if the child makes it past the birth into a family they are expected to be vaccinated which is deadly. Can’t win for losing. This reminds me of a quote by D. H. Lawrence 1923. ‘“Democracy in America was never the same as Liberty in Europe. In Europe Liberty was a great life throb. But in America Democrat was always something anti life. The greatest democrats , like Abraham Lincoln, had always a sacrificial, self murdering note in their voices. American Democracy was a form of self murder, always. Or of murdering somebody else...All the other stuff, the love, the democracy, the floundering into lust is sort of by-play. The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never melted.”

• Pam Utheim

02/01/2019 01:15 PM

Mike, this is disgusting. I can't believe that people are cheering making infanticide legal. Can't these laws be challenged in court?

• Floyd Kimmel

02/01/2019 01:09 PM

Satans sure working overtime on destroying the human race as we know it.

• Francis Callahan

02/01/2019 12:48 PM

The only difference between a just conceived human being and a centenarian is time and nourishment. A developing person is not put together piece by piece in the womb, as would be a Frankenstein creation, when at birth the doctor cries out "It's (not he or she) alive!"
    NO! Nothing in added to the conception, but love and the aforementioned time and nourishment. This is a clinically proven fact.

• Elliott Brown

02/01/2019 09:40 AM

Of course it makes it easy for the new infanticide groups to push for killing babies at birth and after when they only have to follow Barrack Obama's lead. In about 2007, in the Illinois senate, je pushed for no palliative or any other care for a baby born of a botched abortion. Nurses groups also defied that to the extent they could: to at least rock the babies until they died instead of "putting them on a shelf in a dark corner" until they died of malnutrition, lack of air through their passages. etc.
    Thanks, mike, for continuing to inform the public the way you do about the abortion issues: how the PPH founder Margaret Sanger used eugenics to control those she felt were inferior--to eradicate the Negro population, as she phrased it. How the girls/women who have had abortions have been devastated by that (and how the love of Jesus covers that situation). Keep up the good work.

• THERESA CARVER

02/01/2019 04:15 AM

Maybe what need to remind the Dems is every abortion (jeez it makes me sick just typing that) is a lost voter/donation. Maybe then they would get it.

• Kevin Davis

01/31/2019 08:48 PM

Please sign this petition! And promote it!

• Mike Spears

01/31/2019 08:27 PM

Alduous Huxley's "Brave New World" is being brought to America courtesy of the Democrats. When I read of New York's law, I thought, what's next -- killing babies after birth? Lo and behold , a few days later, we hear the comments of Virginia's governor. Again, I say, what's next????? and cringe!!!!!

• Anne Turner

01/31/2019 08:06 PM

Let the Progressive Democrats have their fun. Continue speaking about what they are doing. They are beginning to go so far out that most humans will simply reject them. They may not like Republicans, or concervativism but it showed when Donald won. He not so much won as there were so many who could not possibly vote for HRC. Let the silly child newly elected to Congress talk all she wants. People are not as stupid as the Dems think they are. Once the see it, they know was is right and what is wrong. The GOP must do a better job in getting put the word and explaining things. GOP marketing strategy is not very good. I used to think that we had simply an evil side to people, but with the things happening, and decisions made in the world, Satan is alive, well and powerful. But we must all remember that God is more powerful. We are cruisin’ for a bruisin’. I think many women have abortions because they do not really know about fetal development and are talked into it by counselors, friends, and even parents and relatives. There is a vast difference in aborting an early fetus because mom got German Measles in the first trimester and the baby would be be born very impaired, and killing a full term baby because they are not perfect or mom changed her mind about being a mother. That being said it is perfectly moral not to take extraordinary measures to save a life in cases of EXTREME deformity, such as no brain or lack of a major organ, when death would be imminent. But that is rare. So a child is born without a leg or an arm, or has Downs. These are babies that can live a very good life. Women of Ameruca, think about what you are doing. Good Men of America start standing up for yourselves.

• Martha Maurer

01/31/2019 07:07 PM

Hasn't anyone ever heard of the word "ADOPTION"? We were Foster Parents taking care of babies that were newborns until adopted. I can't believe the news that we are hearing. We ended up adopting one of these children because she had brain damage from her birth. She has been a wonderful daughter. And one mother who had been raped decided to take her baby back after he was a few weeks old. They don't have to be raised by their biological mother. There are many that will raise their unwanted babies.

• Pat Dannheim

01/31/2019 07:05 PM

do the Demo c rats know the leading cause of death in the United States??

It is ABORTION

• Nina McMillan

01/31/2019 06:45 PM

Praying voters think that entrusting them with power is a bad idea!

• Laila Johnson

01/31/2019 06:24 PM

The Democrats say the immigrant children are being treated inhumanely-but-they want to kill American babies in the womb, not right...
    Am I the only one who thinks AOC is just like Eva Peron?

• Patricia Driscoll

01/31/2019 05:58 PM

If the pro-abortion mindset centers around women's health, then it absolutely boggles my mind that the New York law "cares" so much about a woman's abortion that it will allow a non-doctor to perform the abortion. Isn't this a step backwards when abortions were performed by anybody that simply wanted to make a buck? I don't get it. Someone really needs to explain that one simple fact to me - ANYONE - or, at least a non-doctor - can perform an abortion in New York. Really? The word "barbaric" doesn't seem to come close to all that has transpired. And the very people who think they are protecting a "right," well, they have no awareness of the gift. Who legislates for a baby? Sad. New York shamed America.

• Paulette W. Taylor

01/31/2019 05:46 PM

Governor Huckabee:
    I live in Virginia and heartbroken that a pediatrician (Dr. Ralph Northam, Governor of Virginia, Democrat) would even entertain such an idea.
    Parents cannot spank their children, but if one of hem is expecting a baby, it could be killed once outside the womb. A drunk driver who kills a pregnant mother faces charges for killing both mother and child. I hope the people who put these people in office are having second thoughts. I think I remember hearing on the news that in order to be elected the Democrats would tellus what tney wanted us to hear and then once elected, watch out! Thank you for all you do to keep this in front of us. Unfortunately the people who need to see and hear the truth watch those other channels.

• Ron Besse

01/31/2019 05:44 PM

If supporters of Planned Parenthood believe it is O.K. to provide late term abortion because it is a woman's right to decide about her body and her health, I would ask the following: (1) Is the father never a consideration in making the decision? (2) Why can't I decide if I have a severe medical condition or have a terminal illness diagnosis to have my life medically terminated to avoid additional pain and suffering by me or my family?

• Linda Fenimore

01/31/2019 05:35 PM

What about the father’s rights? What if the father wants the baby whether he is married to the mother or not? Does he have no rights over the life of his child?

• Paula Blair

01/31/2019 05:19 PM

Even though I read in the Bible that mankind will accept more and more evil as good, I was still shocked to my core when Gov. Cuomo signed the bill to murder babies. Countries that travel this path do not survive. America will become a battleground.
    I am 61 years old and I can see this happening in my lifetime. My son and his wife are 37 with an 8 month old son. It is heartbreaking to think about what they will have to endure.

• Norman R Able

01/31/2019 05:01 PM

There's more misinformation than truth about late term abortions! Crying out against efforts to mislead & misinform the American public, the Virginia Governor set about to lay to rest the myths circulated as fact about late-term abortions. And because our elected officials won't listen to doctors, babies are being murdered all over America today, with the mind-numbing violence of a lunatic with an assault rifle. People need to remember that when they go to polls to vote.

• Joseph

01/31/2019 04:48 PM

God Bless you MR. Huckabee as you are the first person I've seen to agree with the FACT that we have Doctors who work for and perform Abortions on demand and can still justify their actions above their Oath to save lives. All doctors who work for Planned Parenthood who take part in preforming these acts of murder should have their licenses pulled for life. Also anyone not licensed as a Doctor caught doing that should be incarcerated up to life in prison for premeditated murder. It is time to stop the Democrats wanton lust for killing defenseless babies.

• Harold Levi

01/31/2019 04:35 PM

Abortionist are Murderers, pure and simple, NO discussion. All of these people should remember a phrase from a song from years ago: "God's going to get you for that." However, they may have an argument. Just think how much nicer the U.S. would be if Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, and the rest of these fine people had been aborted.

• Harold Carter

01/31/2019 04:06 PM

I wouldn’t want to be them people when they come before the Lord and answer for there deeds. And the people that vote for these law makers knowing that they are going to vote like that are just as guilty.