Nobody knows you as well as the folks back home

Less than 2 minute read

September 19, 2019

Nobody knows you as well as the folks back home.  If that’s true, then Democratic primary voters should pay heed to what those who know Kamala Harris and Bill DeBlasio best think of them.  I already told you about a new poll showing Harris is trailing even “Free money” political neophyte Andrew Yang in California.  Now comes a new poll that suggests New Yorkers know DeBlasio much too well to want him within 100 miles of the White House.

A poll of New York State Democrats by Siena College Research Institute found that support for DeBlasio to be the Party’s Presidential nominee is statistically zero. Technically, he has 0.278% support, since out of 359 people surveyed, only one picked him (did his wife somehow get into the sample group?) This same polling outfit made news back in June by announcing that President Trump had only a 34% approval rating in New York…but that was still five points higher than DeBlasio.

I must admit I’m surprised more New Yorkers don’t want DeBlasio to get the nomination, since it would force him to resign as New York City Mayor and make his current blessed absence from that office permanent. I’m not being snarky; some New Yorkers told reporters that they didn’t mind him campaigning in Iowa because it got him out of town so he couldn’t keep doing more damage. And while it might be easy for outsiders like me to make jokes about the way DeBlasio is letting the Big Apple slide back into its ‘70s worm-infested era, it’s heartbreaking to the man who saved it from that, former Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani says he and his successor Mike Bloomberg handed off “the best-run city in America” to DeBlasio, and “If you are handed a great business, I don’t care how dumb you are, how stupid you are, how lazy you are, it’s going to work on its own for a while.”

But DeBlasio is breaking down everything they did, and it’s going to get worse over time.

For instance, Rudy said that under DeBlasio, the homeless problem is back, and mayors of other leftist cities who think they’re being kind by letting homeless people camp anywhere they want won’t like Rudy’s blunt assessment of them:  “When I see a city with homeless people, I see a city with a mayor who doesn’t give a d**n about people, because if you give a d**n about people, you don’t let them lay on the street.”

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

• Joe

09/19/2019 08:13 PM

From what I see on Fox and OANN it seems like all Dem. cities are now trash bins and for some cities that is a shame. I think all of these cities that are harboring criminals should be fined or something. They are a danger to law abiding citizens. I would cut off federal funds from them until they got right.For your question, the people who vote for this trash should be made to live in it and even camp out in their front yards.

• Michael

09/19/2019 07:43 PM

Governor: One of your readers commented about "where are the Republican representatives in
    Minnesota" and why are they remaining silent. But this isn't just a Minnesota concern, this is a concern nationwide. We have very few Republicans who are speaking out against the socialist agenda of the Democrats. We only get a brief news bite from Lindsey Graham or Mark Meadows and that is about it. I realize that the left liberal America hating mainstream media has no problem showing the American people what the Democrats are saying. But there are other avenues. As much as I sometimes cringe with some of the President's tweets and think he should be more selective and diplomatic, I think that many other Republican representatives, if they still care about our nation and republic, may consider sending more tweets, going on FOX TV for interviews and of course the Huckabee show. Republicans sadly have become the party that is getting used as a doormat for Democrats and remaining mostly silent. Most have failed to support and back our President who is under attack daily. Shame on the silent Republicans and of course shame on the traitor Republicans who should just switch parties and join the evil, American hating political party- the Democrats.

• Helen Corey

09/19/2019 05:56 PM

Being from Chicago, I have no confidence in surveys. Unless Voter ID is instituted nationwide, elections will be dirty and people like DeBlasio will win.

• Norman Scott

09/19/2019 05:10 PM

I think it might be interesting to comment on the leader of Canada apologizing for dressing up as an Arabian night with a brown face and the left assessment that this is somehow racist. I have seen the left picture Trump as a bottom feeder fish or a devil with horns in a cartoon and this is oK. Doesn’t racism occur when we demean another race as Hitler did? When southners used to put signs out that certain water fountains or restaurants were for whites only or blacks were to sit in the back of the bus that is racism.

• rodney burke

09/19/2019 04:18 PM

lib failures on publish display. De Blaz should be in jail for who he is. Kamala, it worthless and her record proves it. Yeah she deleted some stuff, Gee I wonder why? Dem = corruption? Valid equation. We see it EVERYwhere. Dems cannot point to ONE success in the time since 1964. Oh! Barry helped Iran to build a nuke. I ask for an additional two years for DT for the time the halfwits spent on his destruction with the Mueller debacle

• JOYCE F BIRCH

09/19/2019 04:15 PM

I can't stand to look at or hear Kamala Harris. Every time I've her, it's seems everything is a joke. She only shows her true colors when she attacks President Trump. As for Mayor Bill of NY, he's a waste. Then there's Congresswomen Omar, I can't seem to wrap my head around all of husbands, brothers, fraud, etc. It's taken 3 years of investigating her by a reporter in MN to follow her past; and he's continuing. Some how she was able to get involved in politics from her state & now DC. I hope she is found to be a fraud & discharged from Congress!! I don't see a viable opponent in the dems. I feel the President will have a harder time this time around, but I pray he wins!

• loisshaffer

09/19/2019 04:03 PM

We know the truth about busing. It was to take kids out of the better schools where people paid taxes to support them. She and her school mates weren't the only "Poor little kids" getting on a bus before sunrise The truth is our kids weren't given a choice. The lesser kids did have a choice. They had to be replaced the number of kids so their school could still get their federal money. The street we lived on had Italian, Mex, Jewish, English, Native American, Senior Citizens, Newly Weds, Gays, single Moms, and Dads. It caused what they called "White Flight". We moved from L.A. county to Orange County.

• Anne Amato

09/19/2019 01:46 PM

Dear Governor,
    I too share your worries regarding Israel....and...in that context, your Bible verse today is really appropriate! Thankyou....yes...we should be praying non-stop for the best for Israel - always...but particularly at this very critical time.

On a different issue, I wonder WHY people such as Omar receive so much coverage in the news.....anything she does and says. But...I have a question for the other SEVEN Representatives from the State of MN....(3 of whom are Republican)....and that is.....WHY ARE YOU ALL SO SILENT? WHy do we NEVER hear about YOUR proposed policies? Even....what ARE your policies? And...for the Republican Reps....what are YOU doing to help this President? (who has been under seige since the moment he won the election)! You should ALL remember that he lost the ENTIRE state by only 44,635 votes! Better speak up in support of hom now....speak out in support of Israel....or YOU (no matter which party you represent) may not be elected next time!

• Kay N French

09/19/2019 01:25 PM

Right on! I'm sick and tired of libs having so much clout! The Bible did tell us these times would be here before Jesus takes us out!! Maranatha

• lewis floyd

09/19/2019 01:09 PM

Mike I see a lot of ads for TV shows about Wives - most of which (from promo commercials) are sleazy, but it prompted an idea:
    can we get a TV reality show about "Church Lady's & Men" showing the great services many provide to their communities? A great example close by your Florida home is St. Andrew Baptist Church in Panama City which provides food, clothing, medical, and pregnancy to the Bay County Community.

• joseph orsini PhD

09/19/2019 01:00 PM

HOMELESSNESS: it is very frustrating to never see any data on the CAUSES of homelessness, only desire to build shelters.

• Linda S. Elliott

09/19/2019 12:48 PM

Mike, I enjoy your columns a great deal. My computer thinks they are a scam but I always read them anyway. My good friend Larry Duke who lives in San Antonio now but is from Arkansas knows you and he is a friend of yours. You are right on center about the way DeBlasio and some of the other demorats are running this country. Keep up the good work. We need honest to goodness reporting on the issues and not the MSM's take.

• Rick Mas

09/19/2019 12:40 PM

Governor,

One comment. "...Democratic primary voters..." Should be Democrat. There is nothing democratic about there party here in CA.