Evening Edition - January 13

January 13, 2020

Speaker Nancy Pelosi finally agreed to release her claw-like grip on the House’s “articles of impeachment.”  So, what will happen when they finally arrive at the Senate?  Here’s an article explaining the protocol and precedents and much of the taxpayers' time will have to be wasted.  Although personally, whenever I happen across something like that, my procedure is to just press the flush handle.

I told you last week about the insane new "progressive" law in New York that keeps letting criminals out of jail over and over with no bail required.  At the time, I said it was so stupid that even “progressives” were starting to realize how stupid it is. At the links below are a couple of stories about that, but I especially love the first, which is about how even a serial bank robber in New York City realizes how stupid it is.

He allegedly robbed four banks in two weeks. Police caught him, but he was released on no bail. He robbed a fifth bank the next day. As authorities were releasing him, he reportedly told them, “I can’t believe they let me out!  What were they thinking?!”

Well, pal, just like New York voters when they elected the idiots who wrote that law: they weren’t.

--------------------------------

All I can about this is, “About darn time!” More of this, please!

----------------------------------

And Then There Were…Oh, heck, even I can’t keep track! New Age guru Marianne Williamson and Sen. Cory Booker have both suspended their Presidential campaigns.  I’ll miss hearing all the amusingly wacky, coo-coo policy ideas.  I’ll also miss Marianne Williamson.

-----------------------------------

One of the many ways in which a number of US media figures heaped shame upon themselves last week was with the claim that the Iranian people were filled with anguish and furious at the US over President Trump’s decision to play Orkin Man to terrorist mastermind Gen. Qassem Soleimani (not only for what he’s already done, but due to intelligence showing he was planning imminent attacks on four US Embassies.) According to some media outlets, Soleimani’s death set off a tsunami of mourning on the level of Elvis, Princess Di or Martin Luther King, and it would rally Iranians to their government and make them hate America and seek vengeance.

As I noted, actual experts on Iran warned that was pure propaganda, and while Soleimani had a cult following, most Iranians who were in the streets waving his photo had been ordered to.

And now, here’s a round-up of weekend stories, proving just how much most Iranians really love Soleimani and their oppressive Islamic government:

Saturday, after the Iranian government admitted it had mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian airliner with dozens of Iranians on board (they also killed an estimated 1500 protesters in November), thousands of Iranians took to the streets in Tehran, demanding that the “Supreme Leader” step down and chanting “Soleimani was a murderer,” “Death to liars,” “Death to the Islamic Republic” and "The regime told us our enemy is the US. But actually, our enemy is right here." Real journalists in Iran are taking video and circulating it on social media, the only way to get the truth out…

The turnout was so heavy, authorities had to sneak paramilitary police into the crowds in ambulances to disburse them.  President Trump sent a tweet expressing US support for the courageous protesters. It quickly became the most retweeted tweet in Farsi in the history of Twitter…

A Muslim scholar told Fox News that for the first time, the Iranian regime is seriously threatened…

Even aside from Soleimani and the airliner, Iranians are so fed up with oppression and deprivation that the birth rate has collapsed due to people not wanting to bring children into such a society…

And just to make it clear that the daily chants of “Death to America” are no more dangerous or sincere due to Soleimani’s extermination, here’s video of Iranian protesters refusing to step on American and Israeli flags and booing those who do, and ripping down posters lauding Soleimani…

Finally, on an individual level that maybe even American feminists would appreciate if they could put politics and hating Trump on the back burner for five minutes:

Iran’s only female Olympic medalist and a real national heroine, Kimia Alizadeh, has defected to Europe to escape the regime’s oppression of women…

And in case you missed this story in November, former Iranian beauty queen Bahareh Zare Bahari was granted asylum by the Philippines, where she was stuck in an airport for four weeks, fighting extradition back to Iran on what she said were bogus charges. She said they were trying to force her back for criticizing the regime and she feared for her life.

To sum up, that’s the same Iranian regime our media have so much trouble criticizing because it might make them sound as if they’re admitting Trump is right about something.  That's also what its own people really think about it.

And now, if I’ve bummed you out with all that depressing reality, maybe this will help perk you up: the latest hilariously brutal column from Kurt Schlichter about America’s Mullah apologists.

• Lana Dahl

01/16/2020 12:23 AM

I want to know why why why are politicians continually able to lie and steal people's reputations beginning with President Trump, without any substance to back it up and get away with it. The last thing I saw is Pelosi saying that Mitch McConnell has Russian connections. Why are people not suing for libel? What do we have to do to have the laws apply to them as well as the rest of us? Thank you Governor Huckabee! We love you!

• Bettye Martinez

01/14/2020 01:35 PM

Mr. Schlichter' s article is hilarious! Thank him for telling it how it how it really is. All these young people today come out of colleges today brained washed with nothing but leftist ideas burned into their brains and then don't have the common sense to think for themselves that there might be another view i.e. the right side of politics. What a shame and what a waste of young brain power!

• Harold Levi

01/14/2020 11:37 AM

Well Shucks!!! Are you telling me the Marxist-Democrats have lied again? Who would have thought they would do such a dastardly and anti-American thing. Long Live our God elected President - - Donald Trump.

• Cheryl Lindsey

01/14/2020 10:00 AM

Good morning, Governor. Just two things. I noted one of your readers have the same problem that I have. Your newsletters kept going into my junk mail. I signed up again twice but they still kept going into my junk box. Even my husband, who is the geek in our home could not figure out what was going on. One day I decided to sign up again but this time I designated your newsletter as a VIP and when I did that, your newsletters started flowing into that box and so far so good.

Secondly, I thought of an analogy for what the New Progressive Party aka Democrat’s are trying to accomplish. Like termites who destroy the very foundation of a home if not exterminated, this party is trying to destroy every aspect of our way of life and the guiding principles that our nation was built on. The fact that it was liberals who created abortion laws that have literally wiped out 46% of the African American population since the 1970’s should tell you all you need to know about what and who this party is all about. I guess your newsletters to me will end up in the junk box again after the deep state reads this. Keep up the good work, Governor Huckabee and Sarah Saunders.

• Glenn Thomas Hyatt

01/14/2020 09:31 AM

Hi Gov!
    Love your sense of humor. I think I am going to steal some of your quotes. If you object to that I am going to claim to be a leftist/progressive/democrat and that I have a right to your opinions.

• Jerry Korba

01/14/2020 09:15 AM

It is clear why people are leaving NY. Calif. the enviorment there politically is toxic and anti American with Dumb and Dummer on the East Coast and the Joker on the West coast they are doing what they what they do best drive out the healthy and wealthy people so they can rule over the sick and poor poor people if the people don't leave they will burn them out by not taking care of the forest or raise the price of home ownership so many regulations small business can not survive beautiful State with great weather all the features for success look what makes the laws Pelosi Watters Schiff Swalwel Newsome you may be smart enough to understand just not smart enough to change California either you get smart or stay dumb reelect theses frauds and you will guarantee dumb in your case stupidity is bliss.

• Jerry

01/14/2020 08:46 AM

Another law passed by the the State of New York the Bond issue for criminals Dumb and Dummer DeBlasio and Cuomo what does poor people have to do with getting out of jail because of being poor every body is poor compared to the 1 percent of the population does that mean because your poor you are authorized to be a thug a person with corrupt value I am poor I have no desire to steal from others or hurt others people spent hours of labor to buy items to steal from them is a low life no value person and should be off the streets until they can be trusted to honor the law. How can New Yorkers elect lunatics like Dumb and Dummer and now we have Dummest, Bernie Sanders shouting the same thing Nationally.

• William J. Corbin, Ph.D.

01/14/2020 07:43 AM

Governor, my wife and I record and watch every one of your wonderful programs on TBN. Your opening comments are so accurate and timely. We just wish those in the main scream media would pay attention. Please keep up the wonderful work you do in combating left-wing lies with the truth.

• Kay DeWitt

01/14/2020 06:37 AM

Rather than "perk me up", the title of that last article, "Democrats Always Choose America's Enemies Over America" , underscored the kind of insane world I find myself living in these days....BECAUSE....this statement is essentially reechoing what you stated recently that the Democrats hate President Trump more than they love America....WHICH MEANS THAT....

The Democrats do not love America...and, if they do not love America, they do not love America's Constitution.....AND YET...they want to impeach President Trump for having "violated" that which they hate !!!! That's INSANITY...which is of the evil one!

• Kathleen Stone

01/14/2020 02:28 AM

I would like to ask you a question that is a little more on the personal side. I would rather send you and email that is not read on this website as a comment. Is there another email address I can use to send you such a contact? I assure you my question is a positive thing to be helpful to the President or someone else in politics. Thanks

• Amelia Little

01/14/2020 02:09 AM

Gee, I wonder what Kurt Schlichter really thinks? lol. Good article, doesn't mess around.

I get garbage in my email inbox. I do have to skim through the "junk mail" because some genius has delegated items I routinely read when in my inbox-Mike Huckabee for one, Newt Gingrich for another--now in my junk mail. Anyway, one of the "newletters" I tossed out today had the message line about somebody has "proof" that President Trump's reason for taking out soleimani wasn't based on information from intelligence operations, but based on "conspiracy." I junked it--should have looked to see what blow hard came up with that, but it's so disgusting. Everything related to President Trump and conservatives is labeled "conspiracy theory" by the left. And, as usual, they do seem to project their actions and thoughts to the right--because they can't imagine there are people who would not stoop as low as they do.

• Alan Park

01/14/2020 01:46 AM

Governor, We love you! i was think of Cory Booker's past "Spartacus" moment during the Judge Kavanaugh hearings. Now that he has dropped out and disappeared, I'd call that his "Fartacus" moment. Keep up the good work!

• Jerry korba

01/14/2020 12:34 AM

I am intrigued a couple of days ago I heard you say the Iranian people were a good brand of people with u saying that I gave you the benefit of my doubt our media has them as American haters. Then I see the Iranians not stepping on the painted flags, probably with some negative response by not doing it at that point I would like to know more facts about them whether it was staged or not human beings are not zoo animals that need constant care if freedom is their goal I say help them the citizens. as far as u go as a human being I am at a point where I trust you u were a politician trust is reserved for most of them??

• Neil Wilson

01/13/2020 11:51 PM

Well, with Booker hitting the books, we now have 17 down and 12 to go. Nearly 3/5 of all those who have run to compete against Donald Trump are now gone and out of the race.

So now there are 12.... I'm sure it will whittle down much more in the next 4 weeks to 4 or 5.

• Anita Ward

01/13/2020 11:38 PM

Great edition as always Mr Huckabee! Thank you and please never stop sharing the real truth with those who seek it. It may even get to some if those who have been brainwashed!

• Carol Denardo

01/13/2020 11:09 PM

How can we send a copy of Kurt Schlichter's article directly to speaker Cruella Deville? She thinks she knows what we the American people want. But she is a power hungry, vindictive old woman who doesn't have a clue as to what the average American wants or thinks. Her mind is clouded by selfishness and satan's words. Why Californians still send her to Washington is beyond me. Must be the drug induced smog.

• Mike Spears

01/13/2020 09:20 PM

Gov Huckabee: For what it's worth: I say dismiss the articles without a trial. They are seriously frivolous charges. The Constitution says it requires: "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" as the standard for impeachment. The articles do not even go so far as specifying a crime: There is NOT a statute defining "Abuse of Power" as a crime and there is not a statute that defines "obstruction of congress" as a crime. The minimum standard for impeachment has NOT been met. Therefore, THROW IT OUT!!! One other point: If Abuse of Power were to be relevant, the Dims should include a number of charge specifications that demonstrate a clear pattern of "Abuse of Power" on the part of President Trump. Have they done so? Also, the Dims failed to go to court to enforce subpoenas. Conclusion: DISMISS THE CHARGES AS INSUFFICIENT TO WARRANT A TRIAL.!!!!

• Robin Rebhan

01/13/2020 08:48 PM

I live in Albany, NY 12205. For the record my wife and I vote flat line Republican.
    Almost every law enforcement official in the state pointed out the dangers of the new bail reform law that just went into effect here in this state.
    This new bail reform is a disaster. Locally where I live, a career bank robber was released after a career total of 4 bank robberies. Drunk drivers are being released, domestic suspects released if they intended on violence but didn't get the chance due to police intervention. The list goes on and on. So far our Governor insists he was right signing this into law over the objections of police, DA's and even lawyers! And crime victims live in fear to the point they do not want to prosecute for fear a suspect will be released and come back to seek revenge.
    I think the Democrats have " Educated themselves into imbecility ". ( Until recently I thought this was just an expression ).

• Anne Turner

01/13/2020 08:41 PM

This is all part of the cultural phenomena where individuals
    think they are in control. There are no standards, nothing to believe in. Those of us who believe that it is really God in charge worry about where we are going both as individuals, and as a country. We are so hung up on inclusiveness and political correctness that good judgement has gone out the window. There are things that are inherently bad and things that are good. It used to be measured as a matter of conscience. I do not believe that the Clintons will ever be held responsible, nor the Adams Schiffs of the world. Cannot people see the hypocrisy for what it is? Nancy talks about what a good Catholic she is and in the next breath talks about preserving abortion at any stage. Others talk about Trump lying but lie to us constantly. Most of the media, college professors, and entertainers think that for some reason they have been endowed with great intellect and worthy opinions. The only ones that might be considered intelligent are some of the professors but they live in an artificial world protected from reality. Andrew and Bill can hang out with a known pedophile but that seems okay. They, and others, take rides on a plane called the Lolita express, but all is forgiven. Yes, Andrew has to back off of duties for awhile but meanwhile he will live in luxury with his every need provided. His dignified mother, who has served her people well must be mortified and disgusted. As for Hilary, how can she stand to be in the house with Bill. On the other hand how can he stand her. Nothing ever seems to go wrong for these people and their ilk. I do not wish them illness or personal loss, but most non celebrity evil people reap punishment in some way. Biden was refused communion, what about Nancy? Flint goes to Jsil for a minor infraction while Hilary gets away with exposing national secrets. Oh, but she didn’t mean to! Officer, I am so sorry I was speeding but I didn’t intend to. I didn’t really mean to take that money from the bank. Something must have made me do it! It was never my intention to...............etc. In the Bible there countless episodes of people going against God. Things did not go well for them.

• Mack McMullan

01/13/2020 07:36 PM

The latest airline downing only proves the Iranians can not be responsible with nuclear weapons, evidenced by their irresponsible with the little missiles. Anyone who thinks they can handle such weapons of destruction surely are not in a good state of mind.

• Laura Hoffman

01/13/2020 07:30 PM

WHEN and HOW did these moronic liberals start? I'm absolutely flabbergasted at where this disgusting bunch of snowflakes came from! I am 60 years old and am the proud mom of a 21 year old who is nothing like the others her age. I just don't understand how, when, who from and why these people are like this, please explain it to me Mike.

• Robert Viviano

01/13/2020 07:10 PM

I SO appreciate you and all that you do for our nation and Christianity. You are a man for God in these times. We all do not have the access that you go, but we are so glad that you do. Preach on brother.

• Ruth Ferraro

01/13/2020 06:59 PM

I am so glad I don't live anywhere in New York City! We moved more than 60 miles East of NYC & don't regret it! Now if we could only get a new Governor life would be much better!

• Granny Anne

01/13/2020 06:58 PM

Why can't our
    government refuse to support colleges and Universities unless they have a balance of
    Conservative and Liberal professors? It's all about the money.

• Stephen Russell

01/13/2020 06:57 PM

Iran outcomes:
    o random rocket strikes?
    o terror strike
    o EMP??
    o Link up to Mex cartels for more mayhem
    o lawsuits?
    o Do nothing
    o foment New Revolt in Iran & get unseated.
    OK Iran choose