Some NY Sheriffs refuse to enforce Cuomo order

November 19, 2020 |

Some New York Sheriffs announced that they will not enforce Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s restrictions on family Thanksgiving dinners. They say it’s unconstitutional and wouldn’t stand up in court anyway. One said he doesn’t see how it’s in the public good to devote police resources to counting cars in people’s driveways and investigating how much turkey and dressing they bought. Personally, if I were ordered to be on the lookout for big turkeys, I’d head straight to the Governor’s Mansion.

And in a somewhat related story, the Washington Free Beacon reports that 644 New Yorkers have died of COVID-19 since the day Gov. Cuomo released his self-congratulatory book about how brilliantly he'd handled the crisis.

Overall, New York's latest COVID-19 death toll stands at 33,540, over twice as many as second-place Texas, which has nearly 10 million more people. Incidentally, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott also wrote a book, "Broken But Unbowed," but it's about both his battle to overcome an accident that left him paralyzed and restoring American greatness by bringing the government back to obeying the Constitution.

I think I'm starting to see why so many people are moving out of New York to go to Texas.

• Nancy Cummings

11/21/2020 12:14 AM

I am just so glad that finally some are standing up to the worst guy in NY..

• Diane

11/19/2020 10:50 PM

Thank You Jesus for answered prayer. For officers.

• JACKQUOLYN WAKAT

11/19/2020 02:39 PM

Texas doesn't want them. They are trying to change our state.

• carlene williams

11/19/2020 12:45 PM

These governors, have become too big for their britches! Little dictators! So much do as I say and not as I do, also here in California! People need to stand up for our rights. And Recall these terrible little Dictators.

• Ernesto Rodriguez

11/19/2020 12:25 PM

Yes. By the grace of God and with his help, I'll soon be another NYer in Texas. That said, I'm sure a lot of us would love to thank those sheriff's and send encouraging support. Any suggestions on how?

• Michael Quigley

11/19/2020 10:46 AM

Covid is not causing people to leave NYC. Cuomo is the reason. Communism is Cuomo. He and his brother Fredo. But the numbers leaving NYC will not exceed about 10%, because 90% of New York City dwellers are idiots.

• Patricia Browm

11/19/2020 09:48 AM

Gov Cuomo is exactly why my husband and I moved to Wyoming from NY. He is the worst Governor NY has ever had.