Evening Edition - June 25

June 25, 2020 |

MICHIGAN JUSTICE

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer just got a double smackdown from the courts for her irrational “Queen of Hearts”-style coronavirus rules. The Michigan Supreme Court ruled 7-0 in favor of 77-year-old barber Karl Manke, who has been relentlessly hounded by Whitner for reopening his barbershop before he was about to lose it. She even had the state yank his barber's license. The Court ruled unanimously that she was taking too much license. Manke's attorney called it the most lopsided legal victory of his career.

And this is my second-favorite legal story of the week, after the DC Appeals Court ruling on Mike Flynn: A Michigan judge was hearing a lawsuit by gym owners, claiming that Whitmer’s shutting them down when similar businesses such as bars and salons were allowed to open was arbitrary and baseless. Gov. Whitmer insisted that all of her decisions are based on facts and the “best science.”

In his measured but scathing ruling, the judge wrote that the plaintiffs had a very high bar to clear, while the state had a low bar. All the state had to do to win this case was offer any medical or scientific facts to support their claim of a connection between opening gyms and endangering the public health. Literally, just ONE scientific fact. But they did not. Instead, the best they could come up with was “Trust us,” gyms are dangerous. Well, maybe to people prone to pulling a hamstring, but that has nothing to do with spreading a virus.

The judge ruled in favor of the gym owners. He also flatly rejected the state’s “slippery slope” argument, noting that they were the ones who were actually creating a slippery slope: “If Defendants can open or close any sector of the economy, at will, with nothing more than a vague reference that it is ‘dangerous,’ the potential for abuse is palpable.”

Could we possibly have this judge switch jobs with John Roberts?

THE DEMOCRAT HOUSE

Aside from an emergency $1200 check, the Democratic House that took over in 2018 hasn’t given Americans anything in the past two years except politicized “investigations” of imaginary non-scandals. And they’re back with yet another sequel, this time featuring the Jabba the Hutt of the series, Rep. Gerald Nadler, leading the charge to force Attorney General Bill Barr out of office for the crime of behaving like an actual Attorney General and investigating real wrongdoing by powerful people in Washington.

But at least you can’t say that this House has been a total waste of the taxpayers’ money, not when they’re giving us entertainment like yesterday’s hearing, where Nadler got schooled by Republicans on what the complicated legal term “five minutes” means.

On the serious side, the reason we’re getting all these attacks on Barr and demands that he resign is likely because the Democrats know that serious indictments are likely coming, and relying on the compliant media, they hope to do advance damage control by tarnishing the AG and convincing the public that the charges are just political. It’s too bad that they’ve had so long to spin the facts, but let’s hope that time was spent by Barr and Durham building an ironclad case.

By the way, the source quoted at the link claims forthcoming indictments will not only target the subjects of the Durham probe who were trying to overthrow the President, but also organizers and financiers of Antifa, who are trying to overthrow the entire United States of America. About time.

"JUSTICE"

Attention, protesters who are demanding “justice”: the killer of George Floyd was fired and is charged with murder; the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta was charged with murder; and now, a Cobb County, Georgia, grand jury has hit three men implicated in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery with nine charges, including murder. They might also face federal hate crime charges.

Pardon me for pointing this out, but it appears that the American justice system has a lot more concern for the lives of these three black men than the makeshift warlord justice system in the CHOP “autonomous” zone has for any of the victims of the shootings and assaults inside its boundaries. Maybe you should be protesting them.

WELL, WHAT DO YOU KNOW...

Well, it’s been only a few weeks since leftists started demanding that we do away with the police, and to paraphrase Dr. Phil, how’s that workin’ out for them? About as well as sane people would’ve expected.

As the New York Times (!) reports, a Minneapolis neighborhood filled with guilty white liberals wanted to show their support for the BLM/anti-police movement, so they vowed not to call the police into their neighborhood. Before you could say, “Smart move, Sherlock,” their local park was swarming with homeless people pitching tents, playing loud music and doing drugs. Of course, that attracted even more homeless people, and drug dealers to service them, and ambulances to deal with all the overdoses, and…well, now the residents are panicked and terrified. They’re surrounded by criminals and drug dealers and addicts, and they don’t know how to protect themselves and their families.

This is just a crazy, off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, but try CALLING THE POLICE!!!

(This story is behind the New York Times paywall, so I’m linking to an excerpt at Instapundit.)

NO JUSTIFICATION

I’m very glad to see that people are not allowing this story to die, and that even liberals agree with conservatives that it was outrageous and over-the-line.

This is a report on the continuing condemnation of the Washington Post for running a very lengthy investigative piece about a woman who wore an ill-conceived blackface costume to a Halloween party two years ago. The story got her fired from her job. But instead of celebrating that yet another person had been “canceled” for committing a non-PC faux pas, critics are demanding to know why WaPo committed so much space to investigating, outing and destroying a private citizen whom nobody’d ever heard of over a long-past personal mistake made nearly two years ago?

WaPo is being forced to answer that question, and their response is just as lame as you might expect. This article suggests that the editors ran it to throw her under the bus, so they wouldn’t take any blame, since the party she attended was hosted by a WaPo cartoonist. Even the writers of the article seem to be distancing themselves from it, implying that they were only following orders.

The truth is that the paper had no real justification for running that story. They ran it for the same reason that mobs used to burn innocent people as witches, or that protesters start smashing windows: because they get caught up in overheated mob passions and stop thinking rationally. Ironically, it’s the same excuse the woman had for wearing that costume: she was caught up in the anger over people wearing blackface and thought everyone would get that she was really satirizing Megyn Kelly. She was thinking emotionally, and she made an error in judgement.

The difference between her and the Washington Post is that she owned up to her mistake but still got fired for it. So why shouldn’t the WaPo editors who were responsible for this stink bomb article have to live up to the same standards they forcibly imposed on her?

DAILY BIBLE VERSE

• Linnea Karpenske

06/28/2020 11:45 AM

Seattle has a large statue of Stalin! I think that should be removed, not our founding fathers.

• Joyce Birch

06/26/2020 05:06 PM

This is a response to Kay DeWitt. All you have to do is UNSUBSCRIBE, which is normally at the very end of the email. It may take a few times to get off the distribution list. I believe ONLY YOU are able to do this since you control your emails. I don't think Governor Huckabee or staff can do this for you, but just advise you.
    I also receive emails from the Trump Team, and other Trump campaign emails & lots of Conservatives running for office around the country. Of course, I can't contribute to each & every one.

• sharon stilp

06/26/2020 03:35 PM

Kay De Witt Hit the unsubscribe button if these e-mails bother you that much! Problem solved. Get a life.

• Mrs. Geraldine F Habitz

06/26/2020 12:30 PM

Sometimes, I find myself in such despair watching my country being torn to shreds by hateful people, by people with money who want the power to take over and turn America into a wasteland, by a media that is so beyond the pale deep in lies and mind-manipulation ------- I don't know what I would do without your daily articles and Bible verses. God certainly has a hand on your shoulder and I thank and praise him for that. ...... very simply......thank you.

• Mrs. Geraldine F Habitz

06/26/2020 12:21 PM

Whitmer continues to denigrate our past governor by insisting he failed in everything he did (i.e. the Flint water debacle). Her pal, Hillary Clinton, came to Michigan to "school" her on how to tear down the past governor and she's been doing nothing but flexing her muscles in every way to tell Michiganders that "she is the law" and that's the way its gonna be. We do not like her, we resent her intrusion into every aspect of our lives, we resent her fuhrer methods of governing. She is a socialist Democrat through and through and she intends to make Michiganders kneel at her feet. She knows she's a one-termer. Nothing is going to stop us from voting her out.

• Donald Tygart

06/26/2020 11:54 AM

Coincidence or control?
    Either this Monday or Tuesday, Mayor Durkan, Seattle informed the 'citizens of Seattle/Chaz/Chop-Suey, Washington she would begin taking 'back' that area - in two weeks, gradually increasing the level of control.
    That same evening, or the next evening, The Grand Fooba of Chaz/Chop informed 'his people' they would be departing the area and had approximately two weeks to do so.
    This strikes me as somewhat suspicious, Question; Considering the semi-direct correlation between the two events was / has this infestation of Seattle been a coordinated effort between the Elected Officials (including the Governor - who seemed so nonchalant about everything) and those 'Key' individuals who appeared to, 'Just show up - and assume charge?' The reason for this question is - seems to me the only one who appeared concerned about the entire thing - was the President.

• ElizabethAnn Myers

06/26/2020 11:28 AM

Governor,
    Thank you for keeping us supplied with the truth of the news??
    God bless you always??

• Tom Longeway

06/26/2020 11:07 AM

When will we see a detailed article about how the post Civil War Ds tried to keep blacks from voting, holding office, going to schools ? It is time they were exposed for what they did and did not do for blacks up to today. Who set up the KKK and who protected them, how did Dds vote on civil rights issues and women sufrage, these events need to be brought forward for all to see, before the election. The task is up to you and your team of researchers.

Tom Longeway

• Ruth Ferraro

06/26/2020 10:29 AM

Thank you for your updates. Is there anyway Nadler can be brought to task for his bias and not following any committee rules? He is a total disaster!

• Thomas Douglas Roper

06/26/2020 09:54 AM

First the FBI says the noose was not a hanging noose then NASCAR released a picture showing what looks like a noose. What do you think?

• Carolyn Bell

06/26/2020 09:08 AM

You are spot on with your commentary! Thank you for giving us the truth which is really hard to come by when you are watching the news and yes even Fox News which has too many guests, hosts, etc. that tend to lean toward the Democrat progressive socialist left for my liking! I also have been getting the emails that another lady mentioned in her comments from the Trump team! I get several every day and I have unsubscribed a couple but I seem to be getting even more! I am going to vote for Trump and all Republican because I love this country and that is our only hope! God bless you and keep up the good work!
    Carolyn Bell

• Jerry Korba

06/26/2020 07:26 AM

With every defund the or abolish the police announcement they're should be a how and what procedure for the criminal interaction and behavior with police. The need for education in this matter is life saving. Criminals are violent and are not very trust worthy they have deadly weapons and will use them to escape possible incarceration because many have experienced it and do not want to go back. Ignorance and desperation will push themselves into harms way setting up dangerous situations for the crook and the police time after time being able to comply with police is essential.

• Kevin J. Cook

06/26/2020 07:13 AM

God please help us!! The left is doing satan’s bidding and winning.

• Kay DeWitt

06/26/2020 04:13 AM

Because after I wrote my comment to you yesterday morning about the non-stop emails I have been receiving from Team Trump, I received 6 more emails, I decided to copy, and paste, them below so that you can SEE for yourself what ABOUT them moved me to ask you to try and STOP them from continuing to being sent to me....

And I don't think it is too unfair of me to claim that they border on harassment since I have received these same emails for months and, if you take the time to read them, perhaps, you will SEE why they remind me that Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again each time expecting a different result...

Since I cannot but believe that other people are also being turned off BY this kind of harassment, perhaps, if you DO do something to stop them from sending them to ME they will make an effort to stop sending them to others who never respond to them!

In the comment I wrote to you yesterday morning, I made reference to the email I received from Eric Trump that had the statement, "You’ve been hand-selected", and because I have decided to copy, and paste, the messages in the emails I received AFTER I wrote that comment to you yesterday morning, I am also going to copy the MESSAGE that was IN that email that began WITH Eric's statement : You’ve been hand-selected......

Kay, Where have you been? Each day my father sees an updated donor list and EACH DAY he notices that you STILL haven’t contributed. My father really needs your support, which is why he asked me to reach out and offer you ONE MORE CHANCE to get on the right side of history with us. For the NEXT HOUR, if you make your FIRST contribution of ANY AMOUNT, you’ll automatically reach VIP status and become a member of the Trump VIP Club - it’s that easy. This exclusive offer expires in ONE HOUR, Kay. After that, you will permanently forfeit your potential status as a Trump VIP.  I’ll be meeting with my father first thing tomorrow morning to review the updated list of Trump VIP Club members, and I want him to see Kay from North Carolina on there. Only 50 Patriots can reach VIP status today, so don’t wait.

AT 10:49 AM I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM TEAM TRUMP::

Kay, Is everything OK? President Trump asked us if you were available to meet him at an upcoming event but we told him we hadn’t heard from you yet. You’ve always been one of our BEST supporters, and NOT entering just isn’t like you.
    The President is going to call us again soon for an update. Can we confirm your RSVP when he calls? This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Kay, so don’t wait any longer. Please contribute ANY AMOUNT TODAY to win a chance to meet your favorite President and take a picture together. >>

AT 11:45 AM I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM ERIC TRUMP:

You can do better.....Kay, Where have you been? Each day my father sees an updated donor list and EACH DAY he notices that you STILL haven’t contributed. My father really needs your support, which is why he asked me to reach out and offer you ONE MORE CHANCE to get on the right side of history with us. For the NEXT HOUR, if you make your FIRST contribution of ANY AMOUNT, you’ll automatically reach VIP status and become a member of the Trump VIP Club - it’s that easy. This exclusive offer expires in ONE HOUR, Kay. After that, you will permanently forfeit your potential status as a Trump VIP.

AT 3:45PM, I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM ERIC TRUMP:

YOU + President Trump = A trip of a lifetime.....Kay, My father wants to meet YOU. You’ve always been one of his most loyal supporters, so he was a little disappointed to find out you hadn’t entered yet to win this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. There’s not much time left. In fact, there are less than 100 spots left on the entry list for today. I’m holding a spot for you, Kay, but I can only hold it until 11:59 PM TONIGHT before I’m forced to release it to the next Patriot. If you don’t enter by 11:59 PM TONIGHT, you might not get another chance. Please contribute ANY AMOUNT by 11:59 PM TONIGHT to win a chance to meet your favorite President. >>. I’m going to update my father on the list of entries when I see him tomorrow, and I know that he’s going to ask about YOU. Make sure your name is on that list.

AT 5:43PM..I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP:

Imagine if Kay was a Team Leader...Kay, I have something very important to tell you. You have always been one of my most loyal and trusted supporters since the very beginning. Again and again, you have proven yourself each and every time the Democrats and their Fake News friends come after me and my administration with their blatant LIES and vicious attacks. I know I can trust you, Kay, and for that reason, I have a very exclusive invitation just for you...I want YOU to join the ranks in an exclusive group of my very best supporters and become an Official Trump Team Leader. As a Trump Team Leader, you will be considered one of the Republican Party’s most important assets heading into November.When the Left comes after us, I will be relying on YOU as our first line of defense to set the record straight for MILLIONS of Americans all across the country. This group is made up of only my BEST supporters, and I really need you on it to help us secure a BIG WIN in November. So, Kay, are you up for the challenge? Please sign up NOW to become an Official Trump Team Leader and join the fight to Keep America Great. >>You have the opportunity to cement your name in history as one of the few Patriots who helped lead us to VICTORY in November. I’m counting on you, the Republican Party is counting on you, and the Nation is counting on you, Kay. I know you won’t let us down. I want to know as soon as you accept this exclusive offer to become a Trump Team Leader, so I’ve asked my team to let me know the moment you officially join. Become an Official Trump Team Leader TODAY to join your President in the fight to Keep America Great.
    Thank you, Donald J. Trump. President of the United States

AT 8:23 PM I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM TEAM TRUMP:

President Trump really needs you on his team....Kay, You were selected as 1 of the 100 Patriots in the entire Nation who President Trump invited to join the Trump 100 Club, but we noticed you haven’t accepted your offer yet. Trump 100 Club Members are going to be the ones President Trump relies on when he needs the advice of the American People. He’ll be counting on the feedback from this exclusive new club to represent the views of millions of voters. 91 of the other Patriots invited have already accepted their offer. We’re just waiting on you. Please contribute ANY AMOUNT TODAY to join the Trump 100 Club. >>

AT 9:18 PM I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP:

I hope you can accept.... In recognition of your commitment and unwavering support for President Donald J. Trump, you have been formally selected to join the Presidential Honor Roll. Kay, I have exciting news to share with you You’ve always been a top supporter of mine, and to thank you, I want to offer you a spot on my Trump Presidential Honor Roll. Members of my Honor Roll have shown true dedication to our America First agenda, and have made it clear they will continue fighting to Keep America Great no matter what LIES the Left throws our way. The Democrats’ despicable strategies are not going to work. Not on my watch. But, I can’t do it alone. When I need advice, I’ll turn to YOU. When I need to make a statement to the Fake News media, I’ll turn to YOU. Joining my Honor Roll is absolutely paramount, and that’s why I’m calling on YOU to step up and accept my offer so that we can FIGHT BACK against their constant attacks. I’m only extending this offer to my most loyal supporters. The Presidential Honor Roll is a select group and I can only guarantee your spot for the next 3 hours. I hope you can accept your invitation to this distinguished group of Trump supporters.
    Please contribute ANY AMOUNT to join my prestigious Trump Presidential Honor Roll. > I really need you on my team as a member of my Trump Presidential Honor Roll. This team is made up of my fiercest defenders, and I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have standing by my side heading into November.I want you to know what I will NEVER back down. I will always do whatever it takes to protect our great Nation from their America LAST agenda, but I can’t do it without you. Please contribute ANY AMOUNT to join my Trump Presidential Honor Roll.
    Thank you, Donald J. Trump. President of the United States

• Linda Olds

06/26/2020 02:13 AM

I am anxiously awaiting the indictments that Barr and Durham are working on.
    It has to be done SOON!
    (Although the mainstream media will characterize them as political attacks, racism, and anything else they can think of.)
    Speaking of the media, why does anyone believe anything they say? Their tone is always gleeful or awed as they spew their gossip, and they continue to spew, ignoring that the gossip is proved to be lies.
    And they refuse to mention any facts that show the great job President Trump is doing; does their audience ever hear about them from other sources and wonder why they haven't been told before? Or is their audience so wrapped up in hatred for Trump and America that they prefer the lies?

• Jesse Cantu

06/26/2020 12:43 AM

What can I say!! I look forward to reading your insightful commentary most every day...In the immortal words of Paul Harvey, "and now you know the rest of the story"!!!??

• Linda Libretti

06/25/2020 11:34 PM

Thank you for your truthful updated info. We as Americans need to stand together and before God for what our country was founded on

• Georgia Haridopolos

06/25/2020 10:44 PM

The Republicans and all Democrats need to get moving and verbally not be so politically correct and speak out against the rioting.

• Floyd A Unger

06/25/2020 10:39 PM

I’m really anxious for the nuclear detonation of the Durham/Barr proceedings.

• Carmelynn Bragiel

06/25/2020 10:39 PM

Please tell President Trump to take action NOW against the rioters. These are anarchists and we are losing our country!!

• KeoniBoy

06/25/2020 09:47 PM

Wash Compost is owned by Jeff B, AMZN founder, who has stated he supports BLM, even if it costs him customers, which in our case, it has. QED.

• Douglas Oconnell

06/25/2020 09:38 PM

When do we start doing something about this garbage. The republicans are so busy trying to shakedown the poor that they are ignoring and the broken laws tailing behind Pelosi and her crowd. Put the in jail where they belong and charge them with thier crimes and leave the poor alone. They already have enough to deal with out having to fund the
    republican party.

• PJ Robinson

06/25/2020 09:35 PM

On your Evening Edition there always appears an ad for Uncensored Retro Photos which features a female wearing a fishnet top. I have not seen that ad in any of my other net searches. See if any of your other subscribers have had similar ads. It could be that Google is trying to hassle your readership with provocative ads.

• John Galvin

06/25/2020 09:33 PM

Reading these are the highlight of my day... I love them! Thank you Governor. One question though.... does Sarah’s husband ever win an argument? God bless you...

John

• Charles Simmons

06/25/2020 09:31 PM

Congress has nullified itself in sandbox-style squabbles of the partisan kind. SCOTUS has nullified itself in self-declaration as arbiter of all-universe issues. News has nullified itself as yellow journalism of the creepy kind.
    What’s left? Psalms are nice.