Evening Edition - July 29

July 29, 2020 |

SOMETHING UPLIFTING

Amid all the bad news, how about something uplifting? First Lady Melania Trump announced plans to restore the White House Rose Garden to the elegant design created under President Kennedy, and repair 60 years of wear and tear.

Mrs. Trump tweeted, “Even in the most difficult times, the @WhiteHouse Rose Garden has stood as a symbol of strength & continuity. Today, it is my pleasure to announce our plans to renew & restore this iconic space so that we preserve its history & beauty for generations to come.” And before anyone can object, note that it will be paid for through private donations.

What a wonderful idea, in a time when so many people are vandalizing and destroying beautiful symbols of American unity. I can’t wait to see the results, and I hope the Trumps enjoy it for the next four years.

THE REVIEWS ARE IN

The reviews are in for the House Democrats’ “Crucify Barr” show, and it should have closed out of town. Some of the critics’ comments: “A moral absurdity”…”Triggered my gag reflex”…”Disastrous”…”Just ridiculous from beginning to end”…And the New York Post’s Michael Goodwin wrote that Barr “ate (Jerry Nadler’s) lunch.” Well, no wonder Nadler was so out of sorts.

A DIFFERENCE OF OPINIONS

This is probably the most obvious sign yet that all the laughable “peaceful protesters” propaganda isn’t fooling the voters and that Democrats are privately panicking as they realize they’ve placed themselves between a group of angry, anti-American vandals, radicals and racists and a much larger group of angry voters who are fed up with the bullying of law-abiding citizens. Even as Rep. Jerrold Nadler and his coterie of Congressional clowns were berating Attorney General Bill Barr for holding the violent “peaceful protesters” accountable to the law, their Party’s Presidential candidate was declaring that violent protesters should be “found, arrested and tried.”

That would be a lot easier to believe if his party weren’t trying to defund or dismantle the police departments that would be in charge of finding and arresting them, or if their DA’s weren’t releasing them as fast as they can be arrested. Still, the very fact that he’s admitting there are violent protesters and actually calling for them to be arrested is a major shift in the political landscape. To quote Bob Dylan from an earlier era of widespread protests, “You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.”

KAMALA HARRIS FOR VP?!?

Could the cat already be out of the bag about who will be Joe Biden’s black female running mate? Politico mistakenly posted a story reporting that Biden announced on August 1st that it's Kamala Harris. Problem: August 1st was still three days away.

Does Politico have a crystal ball? Did they have inside info and were just stilling on it instead of reporting it, as if they were a DNC PR organ and not a news outlet (perish the thought!)

Most assumed that Politico just wrote up stories in advance about all the Biden veep possibilities to have them ready to run at a moment’s notice, like obituaries, appropriately enough, and they posted one by mistake. However, that same day, an AP photographer with a telephoto lens snapped a shot of Biden’s speech notes, and they included five positive talking points about Harris.

Harris was one of Biden’s harshest opponents when she was running. She even accused him of being a racist who opposed busing black girls like her to school. The only likely explanation for him listing positive points about her now would be if she’s the veep pick and he has to smooth over their history. (FYI: the positive points were: “Do not hold grudges.” “Campaigned with me & Jill.” “Talented.” “Great help to campaign.” “Great respect for her.” One joker on the Internet noted the absence of “Her hair smells good.”)

So these are some signs that Harris may be the pick, but there are also plenty of negatives beyond their rocky personal history. She’s from California, a state Biden needs no help from his running mate to win. She’s mostly known for being a prosecutor and attorney general at a time when many Dems have opted for abolishing law enforcement altogether. With her record, black voters might consider that if they were falsely accused of a crime, they’d get a better shake from Donald Trump than Kamala Harris. And as a first-term Senator, she’s never been a top executive (but then, Biden has only come close…literally.) Never has the phrase, “The Vice President must be ready to assume the Presidency on day one” been so true.

Still, I will reserve any further comments about Biden's running mate until he is officially told who it will be.

TLAIB WON'T ENDORSE BIDEN

Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib of the radical left “Squad” announced that she will not endorse Joe Biden for President.

Tlaib, a socialist Bernie Sanders supporter, said she doesn’t want to argue with her constituents: "Residents come up to me and say, ‘Rashida, I don't know. I hear Joe Biden this, Joe Biden that.' I say, ‘Listen, do we need another four years of Trump? No. Then what I need you to do is go out there and focus on that.' If the ultimate goal is to get rid of Donald Trump, that doesn't have to involve me actually endorsing Biden."

She’s right, leftists can make just as strong a statement about wanting to get rid of Trump by writing in Bernie. So go to it!

Of course, I'm just kidding, but at least I’m telling you I am. Somehow, I can’t help thinking this is a phony propaganda tactic meant to distance Biden from the far-left radicals who are taking over the Party and will be running the show if he’s elected (AOC and Bernie are actually Biden campaign advisers.) I’m reminded of a story, possibly apocryphal, about Richard Nixon telling a Republican candidate that he would gladly endorse or denounce him, whichever one he thought would get him the most votes.

MY GRANDSON THE TERRORIST

Portland Police reported that over the weekend, they confiscated a bag near the besieged federal courthouse that contained loaded rifle magazines and Molotov cocktails. Then on Monday evening, the "peaceful protest intensified" (thanks, ABC) when a radical Antifa terrorist (oh, sorry, Rep. Nadler…a “peaceful protester”) hurled an IED (bomb) inside the courthouse fence, where it exploded in a fireball, sending the crowd scattering.

Now, in a deliciously ironic twist of fate, it appears that the bomber may have been identified, thanks to his proud grandmother. Some hackers from the 4Chan site searched the Internet for the distinctive military-style jacket that the bomb thrower was wearing in a video that caught him in the act. They unearthed a review of the jacket on the site where it was allegedly purchased – by his grandmother. She gave the jacket five stars and wrote, “I got this for my grandson who’s a protester downtown, he uses it every night and says it does the job.” (Warning: Bad language and nudity at the link.)

She’s also so proud of his extracurricular activities that she included a photo of him wearing the jacket at the “protest.” I love the comment by Anime Gorilla: “This might be the most embarrassing defeat of Antifa yet. Grandmas li’l revolutionary.”

Speaking of dumb decisions that come back to haunt you: Edward Thomas Schinzing, 32, has been charged with using fire to maliciously damage or destroy the Justice Center in Portland. Surveillance video captured three protesters breaking in through a window, spraying paint, damaging and destroying furniture and computers, and setting fires. One of the protesters was caught on video shirtless. Authorities recognized him from a jail booking photo that showed a distinctive feature: the name “Schinzing” tattooed across his upper back and shoulders in letters several inches high.

I’ll bet when he got that tattoo, he thought, “Nobody else has a tattoo like this! Now, people will remember me!” If so, he was right.

DAILY BIBLE VERSE

• Patricia Garner

08/03/2020 02:38 PM

I'm seeing more and more about Biden not debating with President Trump and I'm not seeing anything demanding at least one live debate so that everyone can HEAR Biden converse. I want to hear his cognitive abilities in debating the President, not just prepared statements released by the press. I saw a 10 second Biden add on YouTube in which his sentence wasn't quite correct, but the words below were correct. You would think that they would have made sure that they made sure since they were taping him, that the 10 seconds of speaking were correct coming out of his mouth. He's the one up for election, not a VP pick that couldn't cut it during the primaries. Isn't there a requirement for mental health before they get on the national ballot?

• Amelia Little

07/31/2020 02:05 PM

Someone should have stopped the mueller "investigation" on day one--the person shouting the loudest and longest about "evidence" was shifffffff---when he did not even whisper in mueller's ear what his "CLEAR evidence" was--the whole world knew (even those who would not admit it) there was NO evidence and the investigation should have been closed.

As for the circus of the hearing--that, of course, had no intention of AG Barr actually being heard--wonder how long of a pow-wow the democrats held to come up with "Hey!! I know!!! As soon as he starts to answer a question, the questioner will say, "I reclaim my time." What an ingenious (cough cough) tactic--one that maybe kindergartners would come up with. At least Mr Barr did persist in answering some questions (thank goodness for Republican committee members actually getting to participate--surprised they weren't barred from the hearing.) I had to laugh at one of the female democrats--WHINING that Mr Barr talked over them--oh, you mean like, as he would start to answer, you all would TALK OVER HIM to "reclaim your time." You mean, like that? Then the gal decided to take it one step further by saying he did that to women more often than men. Good grief. Millions of Americans, thank goodness, will see what these bozos are really about, and hopefully that would include their constituents. However, bet those that only watch msm probably weren't shown the part where the AG was not allowed to speak, but only crow about the "hard hitting" questions asked of him. Also had to laugh that some democrat says Mr Barr was just using this to provide campaign material for the President. Uhm...I don't think Mr Barr initiated this circus. As usual the democrats are projecting what they would do on someone else (because, you know, if THEY do it, surely everyone else does.) And, I do bet they use their "brilliant hard hitting questions" (just the questions) in THEIR campaign ads.

• Mona Kramer

07/31/2020 08:36 AM

No more money given for Covid. Put people back to work and face the fact that we can handle Covid.

• Ron Galloway

07/31/2020 08:19 AM

Mail-In ballots depending on how the validation of data to 1) send out the ballot and 2) account for the ballot upon return can (and will likely) lead to exposing how you voted being store digitally and thus be available to be exposed in the future thru legal and/or illegal methods. This is a real issue I've heard no one mention on any media.

• Gail Bennett

07/31/2020 01:42 AM

Governor Huckabee I have been very saddened by the death of Mr. Cain. Our country and man kind have lost a great gentleman. One could not keep from loving a man as Mr. Cain. One did not see Black. white or color, but a man with love for our Heavenly Father and all he had contact with. Many tears will be shed this week and days to come!

• Carmen Price

07/30/2020 02:07 PM

Governor Huckabee:
    It saddens me today to learn of Herman Cain's passing, such a smart and wonderful person, a very sad loss:(
    Now, about all these "peaceful" protesters, did you see when in Oakland, Ca. they broke into a Mercedes dealership, set cars on fire and defaced others? This needs to be on mainstream TV !
    Censorship is another hot button, Twitter and others taking down Donald, Jr's and Dr. Samadi's tweets saying "they are not within their guidelines" is a bunch of bunk! We need to stop censorship, this is supposed to be America, but I guess that's also disappearing! All 4 of the social media companies need to be fined every time they do something like that or taken down completely....my 2 cents on this.
    I hope President Trump does not cancel or let Biden cancel the debates, the people need to see just how confused Biden is, but I am also afraid of someone feeding Biden information through an ear piece.......during the debates, something Trump needs to check into......Biden can't stand up for long periods of time either !
    Regards,
    Carmen Price
    Reno, NV

• Jean Shultz

07/30/2020 01:55 PM

Dear Melania,
    Thank you for restoring the Rose Garden. I know it will be lovely and is a thoughtful gift to all who visit there. God bless you and our President and your family!

• Gail Denham

07/30/2020 12:37 PM

Good for our beautiful first lady - a strong person whom we admire. And I loved your posting (Gov. Huckabee) of the Dragnet information - but most especially I liked the Wizard/Oz comment toward the witch". "You've no power here. Now begone before a house is dropped on you."
    Wonderful. and now pelosi says her relief bill "slays the virus" - wow - talk about power.
    And the Granny story - marvelous. "Gma's lil revolutionary" marvelous.

• Elizabeth B Crouse

07/30/2020 10:22 AM

I am so tired of negative news. My devotion was Stop Running Scared. Hydroxychloroguine has been praised by doctors, but because of Trump, it is negative in press. There is a test using saliva, can be taken at home and immediate results, so why the painful tests that takes 3 days? One name is Abbott ID Now. I am praying for positive. I use Micro-Colloidal Silver and use a mask only when I have to and I am 87.

• tommie clark

07/30/2020 10:19 AM

THESE ARE NOT PROTESTERS THEY ARE RIOTERS TAKING OVER OUR COUNTRY, ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO SERIOUSLY LET THAT HAPPEN, GIVE UP EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET AND THE CHANCE OF HAVING THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO A COUNTRY LIKE MOST IN THE WORLD , IRAN SERIA, SOMALIA

• Vernon Thompson

07/30/2020 10:06 AM

I hope that Biden's promise to move funds away from the police means added funding for EMT's, Public Hospitals, and Coroner's Offices! Of course that is not defunding the police. LOL

• Jerry Korba

07/30/2020 09:26 AM

The real shame Of the talking points and imbecilic rants given by the Democratic Judicial Committee at the Barr Listening session is it might be possible for these mutations of the animal kingdom may reproduce other mutations; although nature may be on the side of decency let,s hope it is. The attraction of the opposite genre may not be present so reproduction of this species may not happen. Nature needs to step, in these species members of the Democratic Judicial committee should be labeled invasive species and treated as such. If Nadler and his committee where living in the Jungle many forces of nature would eliminate this diseased species quickly as the Jungle will keep the environment healthy. I suggest a Safari to the Jungle for this committee.

• Patty Cook

07/30/2020 09:05 AM

Thank you for your news letters and Bible verses.
    Thank you for the positive article on our First Lady and the fixing of the Rose Garden.
    I pray that the evil rioters and liberal Democrats will be shown for who (or is that whom?) they really are, and am glad to see that some are being unveiled for their evil intent.
    I also pray for our President and his administration to follow our Lord and Savior. I believe that is what keeps President Trump going.
    I have liberal family members that I try to email with on the subject of what is going on. Most like to say they read this or that but I think the key is to see and hear for yourself. My Dad always said to know, to the best of your ability, who is running for office BEFORE you vote for them. He also said to see and hear them and NOT listen to the commenters who try to tell you what you heard. My Dad was a wise man.
    Thank you for your Bible verses and reporting.
    Sincerely,
    Patty Cook

• Mike Manoogian

07/30/2020 06:55 AM

We had better hope that Senator Harris is high VP Biden's list in case he manages to win. There is a lot not to like about the senator as she is very ambitious, not a team player, will say anything if she thinks it will land her a vote. She is a better choice than socialist and storyteller Senator Warren, Marxist Karen Bass, Susan Rice with her Benghazi and poor foreign policy history, Gretchen Witmer who cannot even competently govern Michigan. Senator Harris is just the best of a bad set of choices.

• Lynn Benson

07/30/2020 04:31 AM

I love the picture of the White House rose garden, etc. It is beautiful. Thanks loads to Mrs. Trump!!

• Judy Radley

07/30/2020 01:51 AM

If there is to be no law enforcement in NYS, as Cuomo wants to defund it, then I'm sure there may be militia or private citizens to patrol our neighborhoods in NYS. I was thinking about all this, and if it were to ever happen, then think of all the leftist attorneys and lawyers who will lose their jobs as there will be no need for a lawyer as militia or personal protection equipment each person will need to defend themselves from looters, rioters, criminals, etc.,criminals will no longer have need for jails as the criminals will be taken care of by law-abiding citizens just trying to protect themselves, their families, and their properties. Most criminals are evil and care less about any law, so if they are gone, as in killed because law-abiding citizens have protected themselves against this evil, then no need for jails. So, how can it be a bad thing since the leftist lawyers always lie and let criminals go anyway, & if they don't then Cuomo does, then the only alternative is each law-abiding person must protect themselves by any means necessary. Criminals will be gone and out of society. I hope it doesn't come to that extreme, but since the Democrat lead states are chicken now and won't stand up against the thugs and violence from Antifa and BLM, so it must be up to us to protect ourselves, or maybe we can fund the police ourselves, in each community, so they will be paid by private capitalism funding and not unionized as unions are all corrupt and run by the liberals anyway. There will be a solution, other than not electing anymore Democrats to any office, then we may have a chance to reclaim our America. Hopefully term limits will hit all states now too, so we don't have the over-run of liberal Democrats in govt. offices forever, that would be a good thing too. Us normal, law-abiding citizens must protect ourselves like the Nancy Pelosi's and Chuck Schumers and Cuomo's do, by hiring private companies to protect our homes and our neighborhoods since the Democrat lead states don't do it, we must do it ourselves. Less corrupt govt. involved for private citizens the better and safer for all of us.

• Brenda Powell

07/30/2020 01:46 AM

Grandma will be so disappointed he will have to trade his 4 star jacket to an orange jumpsuit

• Joe Analco

07/29/2020 11:24 PM

To Congressman Nadler and the other democrat congress personnel attacking Attorney General Barr, please note; If a Socialist Activist involved in a so call Peaceful Protest claims that by burning down buildings, rioting, terrorizing citizens as they rob them, and at times killing innocent citizens as they seek to bring down the capitalist society of the privilege, that it is their understanding by these ignorant democrats that the rule of law does not apply to them.
    Ha, Ha, Ha! NOT!!!!
    ????TRUMP 2020????

• Jay H Mohler

07/29/2020 11:09 PM

Does anyone know and understand why the Democrats are being so self destructive? Do they really want Trump to win and Biden to lose?? It seems like that to me!!

• Elizabeth Honaker

07/29/2020 10:37 PM

Instead of , "Burn, baby, burn!" let's say "Jail, grandson, JAIL!"

• Don St. John

07/29/2020 10:33 PM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I look forward to reading your newsletter each evening. I have a request if you could, would, should do it. Every day I am besieged with e-mails from first one republican cause after another--all of them wanting money and I am really tired of it. I know that it takes money to get elected, but I have seen many, too many, Republicans that just really fit the RINO acronym. Some I have probably given money(small amounts) to. I have decided this: I will not give another dime until I see some indictments, I am tired of all talk and no walk committees where everyone gets their 5 minutes of fame but nothing comes of it. I am a small donor ($25-$50) so I know my lack of input means nothing, but I feel there is a fair amount of folks that feel the way I do. Maybe you could put a bug in someone's ear.

• Jo Cluck

07/29/2020 10:33 PM

Only thing I can say tonight after hear Antifa is intent on killing people tonight in Portland...is
    pray that does not happen and our law enforcement officers will get this under control. Bloodshed is not the answer.

• gary Stilwell

07/29/2020 10:20 PM

Thank you for the info on the Rose Garden upgrade by our First Lady--It will certainly be fantastic!--Her concept of beauty extends far beyond her own--encompasses children and the environment(just wish she could convince her husband to quit destroying all the env laws most of us have worked our lives to achieve---)

• William Jakovac

07/29/2020 10:01 PM

I liked your comment on Biden’s VP pick that will be chosen for him. No one should limit themselves in picking someone for office based on gender or race. What ever happened to the concept of most qualified person?

In the event Biden wins, will his handlers fix up the West Wing basement for him?

• Renee Kendrick

07/29/2020 09:37 PM

Kudos to the grandma! Need more like her on the police force or in the military. Women will tell all, if necessary.

You will know them by their clothes or tattoos. Add tattoos to the mugshot portfolio.