It turned out to be a good thing that Attorney General Bill Barr released his opening statement in advance of his appearance before Jerrold Nadler's House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, as that statement was just about the only way he had to express an opinion or offer any information at all.

In fact, he could have just submitted it and not even appeared, as Team Nadler had obviously huddled beforehand and decided not to let him answer their questions.

Their strategy was to berate him, throw an incriminating question at him, and, as soon as he began speaking, interrupt with the parliamentary phrase “Reclaiming my time,” intended to make him stop. When ranking Republican Jim Jordan of Ohio requested that they quit cutting Barr off, Nadler responded, “What you want is irrelevant. Irrelevant to the rules.”

While attempting to smear Barr as someone who acts politically, they turned their own hearing into the worst political spectacle since impeachment. (Once again, Democrats do the very thing they accuse others of doing.) The level of hate in that room was turned up to 10 –- for fans of Spinal Tap, 11 –- and it reminded me, uncomfortably, of the Antifa burn-it-all-down show currently playing in an American city near you. It was that nasty. Here’s an example of how it went down.

Here’s a more amusing take, as we could all use a laugh.

In the most bizarre, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink moment of all, Barr was implicated in Jeffrey Epstein’s suicide.

I get the impression the Democrats must start every day with a Two Minutes Hate against both Trump and Barr. They likely hate (and fear) Barr as much as they do Trump himself, as Barr has no doubt seen every bit of classified material that incriminates them in scandal. He KNOWS. They know he knows. And he knows they know he knows.

Chairman Nadler showed a similar lack of respect to his Republican colleagues, telling them they couldn’t even have water during the hearing. In retrospect, that might have been a good thing, because he refused even a five-minute bathroom break when Barr finally, politely, asked for one. He received no break for lunch or for...anything else.

Barr did get a few chances to express himself, such as when he said, “What makes me concerned for the country is that it’s the first time in my memory that the leaders of one of our great political parties, the Democratic Party, are not coming out and condemning mob violence and the attack on federal courts.” Amazingly, he managed to call the Democratic Party “one of our great political parties” without revealing a trace of sarcasm, which would probably have been impossible for me to do.

Weirdly, Democrats keep trying to insist the protest has been “peaceful” when Barr sees it as decidedly not. No doubt you’ve seen video from Seattle, Portland and Atlanta; what do YOU think it is? Any sane person would agree with Barr. It has been a bloody freak show, and the violence needed to be shut down with the first brick thrown.

The always colorful and thoughtful Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana appeared Tuesday night on Shannon Bream’s FOX NEWS show, where he expressed disgust. He said he had to turn the hearing off after watching “bits and pieces” of it, because, he said, “It was triggering my gag reflex.” Rather than being a hearing, he said, it was “an attempted persecution" --- one he thought the American people would see through.

"I think the point that some of my Democratic colleagues seemed to be trying to make was that the attorney general is out of control. But what they really mean is that he’s out of THEIR control.”

Exactly!

He went on: “Bill Barr is guided by the rule of law, and he doesn’t do anyone’s bidding. He calls it like he sees it. I thought that he was, for the most part, his usual unflappable self. And he’s tough; you’ve got to be tough to be in that job. He’s tough as a pine knot, and I respect that about him as well.”

Since Barr didn’t get to talk much about the true nature of these “peaceful” protests, I’ll link to this excellent commentary from Victor Davis Hanson, who ends on an optimistic note that the American public will recognize what this is and push back forcefully on Election Day.

Finally, a couple of tweets to wrap up the day. Byron York tweeted: “Democratic Rep. Greg Stanton speaking to Attorney General Bill Barr, in a line that sums up today’s Judiciary Committee appearance: “You’ll have a chance to comment after your testimony is over today.”

And this caution, from Greg Gutfeld: “In that hearing you witnessed people whose salaries you pay, accuse a man of murder and treason – then refuse to let him speak or defend himself. You think the unbending mob on the street is worse? No, this is. And it’s coming for you.”

We’ll be ready. As Sen. Kennedy said, “The American people are not morons.”

• Mary Biggs

08/05/2020 04:43 PM

Dems were a disgraceful bunch,disrespectful,tratiors trying to shut up another person they cannot control!!

• Glenda Lagerstedt

08/05/2020 11:42 AM

The treatment of A.G. Barr was absolutely down, dirty and abysmal. Add unbelievable for good measure. I don't dare ask "How low can these people go?" because the answer is without a doubt terrifying. God help us.

• Mary Ross

08/04/2020 11:01 AM

So happy I saw this. It's really hard to believe our wonderful country has sunk this low. I would shoot myself (well maybe not that) before voting democratic. The inmates are running the asylum as they used to say.

• Marty Raschke

08/02/2020 08:41 PM

Well, it seems that Nadler and his stormtrooper mob were identified as the group they actually are. It's amazing just how backwards they act, and the fact that they are so truly hateful.

• Linda Peterson

08/01/2020 02:09 AM

I didn't get to see all of the honorable William Barr grilling before the judiciary committee, but what I did see was discusting. My heart breaks for my Democratic friends and family who parrot CNN and MSNBC and what they are being brainwashed this. It also frustrates me that they can be so blind. This hearing was dispicable. A friend of mine since grade school told me she believes the riots in the cities that are burning and law officers are being injured or killed and people including children are being shot are peaceful demonstations. I don't understand the blindness of so many. Thank You for your show. I have it on record so I never miss it. Linda Peterson

• A Schmidt

07/31/2020 06:16 PM

The Dems showed who the true deplorables are at the Barr hearing, with their despicable treatment of A.G. Barr. I too was nauseated by it and couldn't watch the whole display of hatred. I don't think that I could have sat there and taken it the way that Barr did. It is more likely that I would have told Nadler what I thought of him and his cronies and walked out. Considering that he was there voluntarily, this literally made me ill. I hope the voters across the country are taking notes and will vote out these partisan hacks. I joined the Walkaway Washington group and every day I see testimonies of people who have turned their backs for good on the Democrat party and say that they will never again vote for anyone with a D beside their name. Let's hope there's enough of these people that the election won't even be close!

• Darlene Scott

07/31/2020 12:58 PM

You should abolish and defund the Democratic Party-they have become nasty-lying people that does not care about the American people-this is worst than all the “protests” we have had

• Sam Sanders

07/31/2020 11:30 AM

As Sen. Kennedy said, “The American people are not morons.” BUT DEMOCRATES ARE.

• MariAna Greene

07/31/2020 09:37 AM

Thank you, Mr.President!

• Candace

07/31/2020 09:30 AM

This is one of the worst displays of a so called hearing, since the impeachment debacle. It was obscene. The Democrats were obscene! They should be ashamed of themselves. But that is of course laughable.

• Gary O'Connell

07/31/2020 09:08 AM

Nadler & those loud mouth arrogant rude Democrats should be forced to resign.!
    Nadler has little man's disease .
    The world was laughing at that no class clown !

• Shannon

07/31/2020 03:07 AM

I will be glad when they all "reclaim their time in jail" where they belong!

• Debra C. Traster

07/30/2020 09:15 PM

Get rid of Pelosi and Nadler!

• James Grady

07/30/2020 06:34 PM

I am a Democrat and I am very embarrassed to say that I am. I was a union member of UFCW and served as a board member. All the dreams and expectations of the party are gone with the non respect for our national anthem and our beautiful flag. Now they want to defund the police. My family bleeds blue. I will vote republican!!!!

• Carolyn Beckwith

07/30/2020 05:15 PM

I watched as much as I could take and that wasn't much. It didn't take long to see what they wanted. It was extremely disgusting!!!

• George Howard

07/30/2020 01:23 PM

I watched the poor excuse of “a witch hunt” until I had to turn it off because it was making me so angry. Senator Jordan said” if you are going to ask a question let him answer”. This was a very poor act of what people that are suppose to represent The American People.

If people don’t understand what is really at stake in the up coming election November, then America will fall..

• Mildred Herbert

07/30/2020 12:40 PM

I way her some of this and as expected the Democrats just wanted to listen to their own opinions and cut off anybody that did not agree with them. It was ridiculous.

• Douglas Spooner

07/30/2020 12:04 PM

I pray to God that our elections in November decimate the Democratic Party forever!!!!

• Fred Schuck

07/30/2020 09:33 AM

Bill Barr was one of the only adults in a room full of petulant children. I have seen 3 year olds behave
    better.

• Linda Harrs

07/30/2020 09:11 AM

These democrats are a rude, hysterical mob. An embarrassment to our country and a betrayal to our citizens who pay them for doing these horrendous absurdities!! November is our chance to remove this parasitic mob!! Send them out to try and find others jobs like real people have. If they can find one, they will have to pay for the perks they get for free now in congress. It's pitiful!

• Cathy Bayles

07/30/2020 08:48 AM

I try really hard to avoid name calling and to try not to get emotional, but Jerry
    Nadler and his Democratic cronies make me physically sick. They are making a mockery of our democratic process. They are all very tiny men and women.
    What are the citizens of our country thinking when they elect worms like these. Oh, wait, they don’t think!

• Susanne Heron

07/30/2020 08:47 AM

AG Barr's 'hearing' was an idiotic leftist Democrat farce of the most disgusting display I've ever witnessed. No sane person with the capacity for logical thought could have seen it as anything else. Accusing your opponent of your own failures and actions seems to be the Democrat norm today.

• Christina Barrett

07/30/2020 07:55 AM

I hope the House Ethics Committee will investigate them. We deserved to hear what Our Attorney General said. I believe it was Chairman Nadler's responsibility to handle the room responsibly and he did not. It was clear they all have personal agendas.

• Steven Newsom

07/30/2020 01:23 AM

During World War II, French traitors who held office and were puppets of the German occupiers were known as the Vichy French. If you want to know what Vichy Americans look like, examine the actions and words of the Democrat leaders in the American Congress and big cities!

• James Eamons

07/29/2020 11:48 PM

I think a couple of semesters of pre-K maturity classes would help the
    Democrats.