January 8, 2021

While Democrats continue to express newfound outrage over violent riots and to vilify President Trump and all his supporters over the actions of a few idiots, Trump issued a statement calling for reconciliation and condemning what he called the “heinous” attack on the Capitol and saying, "Like all Americans, I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem."

He also signaled that with Congress confirming Biden’s electoral victory, his legal challenges over alleged voting irregularities are over and that a new Administration will take office on January 20th. He said, "Emotions are high now, but tempers must be cooled and calm restored. We must get on with the business of America. My campaign rigorously pursued every legal avenue to contest the election results. My only goal was to ensure the integrity of the vote. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition…This moment now calls for healing and reconciliation."

In accordance with that statement, we will now start referring to Joe Biden as the “President-elect,” a title incorrectly conferred on him by the media right after the election. Our decision not to fall in line was not made out of partisanship or resentment but a virtually obsolete respect for factual accuracy. As I stated two months ago, Trump had the right to legally challenge the vote, just as Gore did in 2000, and until the challenges were dropped or settled and the vote certified, nobody was “President-elect.” While the suspicions over the vote have unfortunately not been settled, and I fear will continue to fester for years to come, the legal challenge has now ended.

Some conservative sites are referring to Biden as “President Asterisk” or “His Fraudulency.” I heard that a compromise for those who think he’ll be living in the White House but not really be President would be the title “Resident Biden.” That’s all well and good as political satire, but I don’t want to be like the leftists who spent the past four years letting their anger over Trump being President lead them to show disrespect to the office and root for America to fail under his watch.

So out of respect for factual accuracy and the legal and Constitutional system, and for the sake of American unity, we will refer to Joe Biden as “President-elect,” and after his inauguration, as “President Biden.” But we will do everything within reason to ensure that we no longer have to type those words after 2024.

• Sharon Wachowiak

01/10/2021 11:32 PM

I’m pretty sure there won’t be another Republican President - they will just cheat again. Anyone who thinks differently has their head in the sand. Pack the court and we have absolutely no recourse. Me thinks a Biden Presidency =the demise of the Republic

• marina verdun

01/10/2021 05:19 AM

They need to show that video again and research it. The capital police opened the doors and let them in. There were rogues for sure. Some were pushed along but not aware what they were up to. BUT police let them in. What about the bus that police escorted them in. Who has Nancy's laptop and is there incriminating evidence of their wrong doings? May they all go to GITMO.

• marina verdun

01/10/2021 05:14 AM

Mike, Obama and Italy just revealed the steal in Georgia and other researchers also have the data. Sent that earlier to you. Now breaking news that Nevada had 42k vote more than once, 19k not live there,15k from po boxes 8k non existence address 4k inelibible foreign nationalsm & 1,500 dead vote so biden won ny33,596 but really Trump should be winner. Pa electors wanted tochange to Trump as was Arizona. So TRUMP WON. WHY CAN IT NOT BE DECLARED THUS? Sidney and Lin are not through yet and they have great evidence. what about al the po truckers who hauled 200k plus across state lines. illegal election.

• Renee Deaver

01/10/2021 12:35 AM

Joe Biden did not win this election and we all know it. I will never use the title President for this low life cheater.

• Jim Hunt

01/09/2021 05:09 PM

I'm surprised that you now have fallen inline with the MSM and recognize that Biden is our new president. He's not. Given what methods were used in the election to poison the votes, I find that you're no longer recognizing the reality of what happened on Nov. 3.
    I'm very disappointed.
    Peace only comes when the truth is known and lies are exposed.
    I pray that you're not part of the Deep State.

• Mary J Irving

01/09/2021 01:33 PM

Our nation was founded by our forefathers, as a nation under God, and they fought for that right, as did the Great disciples in the Bible.
    How can we call Biden President, when it is known it was fraud? He is not America choice!! The American people have been cheated out of there constitutional rights. How sad it is that our Godly politicians didn't stand up for God! Biden administration is pure evil, and to condon it is weakness as a Christian. God wants and needs warriors to stand up for Him. That's what Our President Trump did.

• Steve maley

01/09/2021 12:56 PM

Demomcrats ran a fraudulent election process in many states. Due process to challenge this was not followed by Demomcrats in states where constitution was not followed.
    All elections from now forward will be suspicious.
    Biden is not the legal winner in my opinion.
    Will always be Resident Elect.
    Should be jailed.

• Carmel Sayre

01/09/2021 12:40 PM

Mr Huckabee

I don't believe POTUS Trump invoked the roit for people to go inside, I heard the speech again and all he said is "let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue and make our voices heard". he said at the beginning and at the end........I am sure the secret service didn't allow him to walk with the crowd, but I'm sure he wanted to if I know Trump.....but he never said break down the doors and walk in....

• Audrey Dalton

01/09/2021 12:07 PM

Mike, I want to thank you for your clear-headed commentary. I will continue to appreciate your leadership.

• Lynnette Beecher

01/09/2021 11:30 AM

Gov,
    I love your show, never miss an episode. I love you as a brother in Christ,
    I feel compelled to say this. I know as a pastor you have a responsibility to lead us but I have to bring this up.

Didn't Jesus show his anger when he threw over the tables of the money changers? I don't believe in harming anyone, but I do believe like our lord there is righteous anger. We all know if we dig and look for the facts this election was stolen. Ted Cruz said it: If an audit would have been allowed this would be put to rest. The accusations, would have been proven and this would be over. I don't believe for one minute, that with all of the other rallies (peaceful) playing christian songs walking united the the right played any part in this violence. I also don't believe that Trump encouraged any violence. We are not sheep and that is why we are not part of the left. We believe in working, justice for all. Not a certain group but for all. That is not what the left stands for. Give it two weeks after the inauguration. Everyone will regret this.

See you Saturday night!

• Paul Fitzgerald

01/09/2021 11:12 AM

NOT my pres!!! Did nothing except get rich in 47 years on gov teat and is mush brained!!!!

• Celeste Hutchison

01/09/2021 10:55 AM

I am horrified that Joe Biden will be our President. It is a scary situation when you know what the lefts agenda is to turn this country into a socialist country and eventually communism. We know that Biden is a friend of China, and I've heard rumors of how China is building their military and has purchased land in the Bahamas to build a military base. How scary is that. My heart is heavy, and I pray God will place his protective hands over us. God's will be done.

• Margaret Holland

01/09/2021 10:52 AM

Biden and Harris are abomination to the USA and Every American and Christian. I cant believe this country would elect officials who only want to KILL and DESTROY our freedom. My prediction is Biden will be dead with one year Harris will take over and KILL all white babies and put all living working Americans into slavery. They are an embarrassment to to America. I am praying for God's intervention into their rein of terror. We Americans have worked long and hard for our country and unfortunately some of us have brought up our children to believe they are "entitled" to live off someones else's hard work. I think they should take away ALL benefits from elected officials
    and just pay them a reasonable salary just like the rest of us. Upon retirement they should live JUST LIKE THE REST OF US off their SS and whatever they saved. Millionaires like Pelosi should give up some of her millions she took from the American people. I am so glad I have a loving God who will take care of me when my time comes. This country was founded on Chirstianity and this is what holds us together. The division is because of non-believers and and anti-Christ and they are the ones causing ALL the problems. They are the ones who caused the shootings. They are the ones who show so mush disrespect for our constitution and our country. GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP. We all make mistakes and he has done so much for this country to try to make up for his. Pity on the democrats!! ALL LIVES MATTER!! Especially those who cannot defend themselves, like the unborn.

• Blythe Kearney

01/08/2021 03:12 PM

I am of course disappointed but more than that is the never ending hate that is spewed out. I have lost friends because of their hate. It is oppressive. I am a 78 yo woman who served in the Air Force and this is not whatt I served for. Take care, stay safe

• Carol Hunt

01/08/2021 03:05 PM

Our fallback action needs to be to work within our own state to make our election process accurate and honest.

• Bettysue Petty

01/08/2021 03:03 PM

biden will never be a legitimate president;The election was stolen,no judge would allow evidence to be presented;our rightful President and Americans won’t forget the horrible injustices done to us,our nation & Constitution! SCOTUS will be judged
    with Democrats as totally corrupt.

• Micky Cullumber

01/08/2021 03:01 PM

Good for you in keeping with a respectful name. I'm not so forgiving. I will refer to him as Biden. I doubt he'll last long enough for anyone to dispute what to call him.

• Alan Metz

01/08/2021 02:58 PM

i will never get over the 'facts' that Trump won by every piece of evidence presented & anyone who gets in office by deception is NOT going to truly care about this country or its future. All this did was to make me aware of my need to be closer to God since He is the ONLY source of Truth or Justice we now have in this country & that is a good thing to realize!!!!! Through all of this, i MUST pray for our government & our leaders NO MATTER WHAT and believe God will still work have His way!!!

• Robin Easterwood

01/08/2021 02:58 PM

I so appreciate the integrity you exhibit. You are still a great leader even as a private citizen of the USA, and I will continue to look to you and others who have your heads and hearts in the right place, for direction and clarity as we navigate the next four years. Dear Lord, please heal us all along with our country.

• Roger Underwood

01/08/2021 02:57 PM

It is a sad time in America when one party can cheat, steal and lie in an election and get away with it. The Constitution, which Democrats have No respect for, has been stomped and ground into waste and fear will envelope America now knowing we will be led by dishonest people that hate America and Americans. I trust God has a plan to remove us from this nightmare that is upon us and will move forward trusting only Him...

• Larry Newman

01/08/2021 02:54 PM

I prefer to call him commander in cheat.

• Jim Comley

01/08/2021 02:44 PM

Thank you for being another voice for America. You as the other loyal American are need as never before. All American should be waking each day with "Good Morning God" and their thanksgiving.

While the arrogant democrats boast of winning, most of them have no clue. We Christian Americans have been and always will be the winners and rejoice in knowing how the earthly story ends with use the Winners on and on.

I pray that American voices will lead us into saving our republic the USA from the evil being planned and carried out, even as I write this note.

God bless you and yours
    Jim Comley

• Vince otto

01/08/2021 02:43 PM

Please comment on the use of a Convention of States to get some control over DC

Thx

• Donna Morgan

01/08/2021 02:43 PM

Mike I wish I could do this but right now I can't. Biden is calling us domestic terrorists, ABC says we need to be cleansed. I will never unify with these evil people. I may be able to shrink back and just be with my family eventually but that time is not now. I have totally lost my faith in the Republican party. They should have been loyal to Trump and the majority of them jumped ship like the rats they are. I will be changing my voting preference to independent next week.

• Sabra Parks

01/08/2021 02:37 PM

Respect is earned not falsely bestowed.