January 8, 2021

Our initial condemnation of the Capitol Hill violence has, so far, drawn close to 600 responses. It’ll take a while to go through them all, but here are a few examples from across the opinion spectrum…

From Sherry:

You are so right! This election is so wrong, but this is what we have. The Republican Party is better than this; this is NOT how we behave. Even listening to our President was very disappointing. Somehow the Republicans need to be tough and stand up. We have got to be better than what we show and be stronger! I'm sorry our President lost but HE did NOT help our cause by much he has to say. Our elections need to be better.

From the Gov:

Thanks, Sherry. One important note: Even if elections are tainted by fraud, we HAVE to continue voting. If Georgia Republicans had voted in their senatorial run-offs at the same level they voted on Nov. 3, we'd still have the Senate. People who stayed home turned the whole government over to leftists. Remember: the closer the margin, the easier the fraud!

From David:

As an avid listener and reader of your material and a big fan of yours, I have to disagree. I don't condone violence but "We the People" are fed up with the hypocrisy of our government. Sometimes we need to take a stand and take our country back. As a Christian and a conservative, I will do what's necessary to protect my God given liberties. God bless you and your family!

From the Gov:

David, I appreciate that you wrote, but this action did not “take our country back.” It SET our country back and gave the left a gift tied with a big blue ribbon. With everything good that Trump should be remembered for, his legacy has been largely destroyed, at least for now, by a relatively small group of protesters. We have to find better ways to protect our liberties, ways that don’t backfire spectacularly as this one has.

From William:

My SPIRIT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! THE TRUST HAS BEEN SHATTERED! HENCEFORTH I WILL STRIVE STRICTLY TO DO MY DUTY FOR GOD, FAMILY, AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE CAN BE DONE FOR OUR REPUBLIC! ALL MY LIFE POLITICIANS LIE, STEAL AND KILL! THEY START WARS TO KILL OUR YOUNG MEN AND VOTE TO KILL THE UNBORN! I AM RETIRED AND BEEN DISABLED 18 YEARS, HAVE HAD 21 SURGERIES, WAS CAPTAIN 27 YEARS, AND SERVED 32 YEARS IN THE HOUSTON FIRE DEPARTMENT. GROWING UP IN A MILITARY FAMILY, DAD FOUGHT IN NORMANDY-GERMANY-FRANCE, AND KOREA, AND MOM WAS A NAVY NURSE IN WWII. BROTHERS ARMY, AIR FORCE AND MARINES! I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE MAD AND I BELIEVE MILLIONS OF AMERICANS LOVE OUR LAND ARE VERY ANGRY AND THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY ANY TIME SOON! AMERICAS ENEMY ARE CONGRESS AND THE SENATE! THEY ARE ALWAYS AGAINST "WE THE PEOPLE"! PASTOR HUCKABEE I LOVE YOU AND TRULY BELIEVE YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN MANY LIVES AND YOUR SHOW IS GREAT.

From the Gov:

Thank you; I’m glad you like the show. William, we’re all angry and have a right to be. But just lashing out is not going to help the cause of conservatism, and this time, it did a tremendous amount of damage.

We’re in no position to condemn violence on the Angry Left if we’re going to use the same tactics. We can’t become the very thing we hate. The double standard exists, to be sure, as those on the left get away with violence, and as realists we have to be mindful of that when contemplating our actions, as they will be turned and used against us by the left whenever possible. The challenge will be how to channel this anger into responses that will do some good. If I CAN make a difference right now, I hope it will be in helping more people understand this.

From Nick:

I am saddened by the violence. If these people were Trump supporters, it makes us all look bad. Trump did rile up the crowd when stating there would be ‘fireworks’. The media will label all Trump supporters as overzealous conspiracy theorists. My brother says I look silly when I say the election was stolen. He tells me to be quiet. Indicative of the left’s view of us all!

From the Gov:

Thanks for writing, Nick. Unfortunately, all true, except for the part about you looking silly. Don't let your brother intimidate you.

From Gennifer (excerpt):

Yes, January 6th events in Washington were unfortunate. This is an example of Conservatives being pushed to a breaking point. No person is strong enough to watch day after day, month after month cities being decimated AND nothing was/is done about it and, what’s worse, no one cared...I am one of the people who are outraged over the Presidential election. I might have been more accepting of the results had ANY of the profound evidence been examined by anyone of authority. One more example of adding kindling to the fire!

From Karen (excerpt):

I agree with you. Our Constitution should be followed to the letter. But where was the SCOTUS? They could have stopped all this...By not ruling on the States not following their own Constitution, the States brought forward illegitimate electoral votes. THIS FACT is what lit the powder keg. This is America, we are Americans and we get mad when our rights are infringed upon…All we asked for, or wanted, was an honest election. We would have tolerated a legitimate Biden win. It was not a legitimate win; we have been blocked from proving either way. And now, God worshipping, law abiding, Deplorables are ANGRY!

From the Gov:

Completely understandable. Even so, Karen, we cannot allow ourselves to be the powder keg. The left WANTED to ignite it. Just two days later, we’re already getting an idea of how they plan to use this turn of events. Plus, they’re blaming Trump –- Biden is grotesquely exaggerating on that point –- to the extent that they’re now talking about impeachment (again) or using the 25th Amendment to destroy any political future he might have. Maybe the rioters intended to “help” Trump, but they hurt him immeasurably. If they wanted to change the course of history, they certainly did, but in a very, very bad way.

The way to help Trump would have been to have all 200,000 people show up in peaceful support of him, while legislators offered words of wisdom and truth inside the chamber. Imagine how differently that would have played. How I wish we could get in the Way-Back Machine and go back two days to fix this, but we can’t.

Finally, this from Nancy:

I, too, am appalled at the violence and disrespect shown for our institutions. I share the belief that the election results were fraudulent, but they will not be overturned by behavior that echoes the despicable rioting of the anarchists. I am praying for America that God's mercy would heal our land. I am praying that He will foil the plans of the wicked and give wisdom and courage to His followers.

From the Gov:

Thanks, Nancy. Wisdom and courage are definitely what we need right now. Certainly we all must exercise that wisdom to see what you have pointed out –- that even a fraudulent election will not be overturned by violence. That just results in tragedy and compounds the problems we and our country face.

I’ll end by offering some stories told by people who were there in the crowd on Wednesday, describing what it was like for them that day and what they think of what happened.

• MONICA THOMPSON

01/11/2021 09:05 PM

I HAVE SEEN ALL THE TRUMP MARCHES HERE IN FLA... UP TO
    30, 000 CAR CARAVANS
    NEVER ONE INCIDENT OF VIOLENCE***ANTIFA INFILTRATED WDC. MARCH JUST LIKE COLECTIVES DO IN VENEZUELA TO DELEGETIMIZE PROTESTS.

• Lee Maples

01/11/2021 01:15 PM

Nancy pelosia needs impeached because she has national security issues she left the door to her office unlocked so people could walk right in. The way I know it was not broke down and the riorters were sitting in her chair. Not fit for our security

• Herbert Hughes

01/11/2021 12:34 PM

Is there any evidence that some of those that were arrested might have been wolves in sheep's clothing, planted there by Trump Hater's who were out to turn a peaceful protest into a mob violence to take the President down one way or the other? Just asking!

• Madalyn Maloney

01/10/2021 09:32 PM

Looks like the Republicans are being encouraged to continue to just not have any back bone, as usual. With these machines the Socialists have, we will never win another election and you know it. AND, tell me, do you expect the
    socialists to fit the voting so it's an honest vote? They can hold office until the cows come home if they do nothing...AND, remember, they can make some big money by staying in office. I think we have seen the last Conservative ever get into office and the country is their's for generations to come.

• Jane Logan Appleton

01/10/2021 09:35 AM

Governor, many of us believe we need to establish a new party....the American Patriot Party...aka APP.
    We need a leader. Are you up for this?
    Suggestion is to start with organizational meetings at Chik-Fil-A in areas all over the country.
    Conservative Christians trust Chik-Fil-A.
    We need to get busy now!
    Your thoughts please?

• Gladys Kelly

01/10/2021 09:12 AM

There will be no healing until the democrats are kicked out of office. If our votes are no longer worth the paper written on as they are tampered with and illegal, then our freedom is gone. We all know Biden will not stay in office long. It will be Harris as the leader of America and her socialist radicals will be in control. No forgiveness and no healing. Democrats are our enemies!!! It may take a war to get our country back again. All is lost and America is dead.

• Terrie Hunt

01/09/2021 04:54 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I mostly agree with you, sir. The SCOTUS and all the lower courts washed their hands of this voter fraud case much as Pontius Pilate once washed his hands of any guilt. So when all we had left was our representatives in congress, citizens counted on them to make this election right according to our constituion. Regardless of the scuffle on capitol grounds,(which I still think was a setup as the capitol police let them into the building), our lawmakers could and should have had the clarity of thought to do the right thing by their constituents and for our constitution. What we all got instead was a double backstabbing from most of our representatives and the most unkind cut of all from our own Brutus, Mike Pence. Please tell all of the patriots what the next step is, sir. Because sitting down and sucking it up just isn't working for me. We pay the salaries of all these people who should be working for us, and they live far above most of us, spend our tax dollars freely, vote themselves pay raises, take several vacations each year, then never listen to we, the people. This is why President Trump won in the first place, because he genuinely cares for the American people. And despite his mistakes, he is still the best thing to happen to the US in a very long time. So what now? We have all been ignored and there is no justice. There will never be another fair election. What-now, sir?

• Brenda Hiler

01/09/2021 03:04 PM

I really have a hard time believing this was not a set up just like all of the other goings on for months in major cities. The list is endless beginning with the impeachment promise before Mr. Trump even took office to the blaming of him for the shooting at the Capitol. The left has gone to every measure to discredit him and make him look foolish. Their rhetoric is all the same, everyone says the same phrases, and the MSM does the same. They only show what will further their agenda.
    Mr. Trump promised to drain the swamp and the swamp is nervous. My prayer is that there is a plan still in place to reveal the evil that has been going on for years.
    You, Mr. Huckabee, should also have an idea. I appreciate your comments about we must not act like our enemy. We must continue to support our patriots such as yourself, to save our country.
    Thank you for all you do. God bless you and God bless America that I love.

• Tiffany

01/09/2021 02:58 PM

We need a new party. No more backstabbing, gaslighting, lying Republicans. Do Republicans really think the American people don’t know what they just did?

• Janet K Huebner

01/09/2021 01:29 PM

We are feeling very discouraged because the fraudulent election of Nov. 3rd was not proven, and so many in this country are so blind to the truth. The unfortunate events of a few on Jan. 6th at the Capitol was not by Trump supporters. It is very obvious that they were hired mercenaries and perhaps paid by the supporters of the liberal democrats. I am a Christian and I take comfort in Psalm 18: 1-3 I love You, O Lord my strength, The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.

• Theresa Bates

01/09/2021 12:49 PM

I don't like the word "unfortunate" when we're talking about something much worse than that. Reprehensible, abhorrent... words that tell the truth. It was beyond "unfortunate." An auto accident that leaves my car disabled is unfortunate. It's unfortunate if I miss my flight. But this mess could cripple us. It actually proves a point to the left who had all kinds of excuses for the violence in our cities... people were pushed to their limit and they exploded. Was that true? Yes, we're convinced that the election was stolen, but our anger is misguided. We're after justice, but right now, let's watch this play out. We want the Supreme Court to hear the case, but they don't have legal authority until after it is done in the states. Forensic audits in every state will take time, if they're even initiated. It's kinda doubtful that will happen. But if enough states do that, while it will take a while, once it's done, if what we suspect is proven, the whole thing can be done over again. Meanwhile, how do we cope? The same way we were supposed to cope... we stay on our knees with our eyes turned toward our Lord. If we truly believed "God's got this" when we hoped against hope that Trump would win, why do we not still think God's got this? Our nation is under condemnation because not enough of us have taken a stand against the hedonism that has become the typical American mindset. Even many of Americans who call themselves Christians pursue only that part of Christianity that they think promises them riches. But we were never promised material wealth. My God shall supply all my needs... NOT everything I ever wanted. And for many Americans, the "God" who will supply their needs is socialism... free everything. It's why people voted for Obama. They got nothing but chaos and division, and a president who fomented racism. Well, he'll be behind the scenes now, but he's back. We have to stop him, but storming the Capitol wasn't the way to do it. Riots at the inauguration are what I fear next, and that's the wrong thing to do, too. Be civil. Otherwise, we are what we claim to abhor.

• Deborah Lemons

01/09/2021 12:00 PM

I understand the feelings, frustrations and expressions of all these people, the Christians, the conservatives and the hopeful. This is almost enough to make us lose hope and confidence, and that includes calling or writing your representatives, signing petitions, speaking up on social but we cannot; we absolutely need to stand strong and voice our opinions in any way we can media any chance you get, writing letters to the editor or tv networks, etc., etc. I do it all thetime send letters (even if form letters) to my congressmen, knowing that they are democrats and 100% opposed to what I want or hope for; that does not stop me. Maybe one day it will have an effect.

I agree about 99% with all your writers; however, WHY is no one on the conservative or republican side looking at or talking about whether this gathering was infiltrated and hi-jacked by groups of Antifa and BLM? I saw references and videos on Christian blogs and Prayer sites, with eye witness accounts, that it was Antifa who were breaking down doors and windows and doing most of the breaching of the premises. One alternative news site (Christian) had video of people inside the Capitol that are known and identifiable Antifa/BLM persons. Of course, there were a few idiots and fools who allowed themselves to get out of control and act inappropriately and recklessly. If you look at the various pictures of different area, you can see a difference in demeanor, attitude, and actions, even the attire. Of course, the MSM is not going to show this, but look for alternative sites. I saw at least one picture on NBC of the crowd just walking around and going up the steps on one side; it was orderly and no instruments of attack or destruction, only a few people with flags. One prayer blog had pictures of one side of Capitol where there was a prayer session in progress and it was orderly and hardly any people on the fringes, with people who would step away when they realized what it was. One picture was a man and woman/girl in prayer on the steps with a few cops and security around them; only a few people in the area and no violators nearby.

Pray, Pray, Pray, call on the Holy Spirit to hear your mumblings. Hold the faith and trust that God will handle this in his time, if his people will repent and call on his name. I repent here, now for our country, for our people who have been led astray and who have fallen for the deceit of satan as regards to our foundation and our heritage, our form of government and for the "church" which has allowed Jezebel in and who has fallen for the fall for the false doctrines, the idols of the Greeks and Romans, of the Nicolations (reference or study the history of the Jews). I repent for myself for sitting back so many years and letting someone else speak up and going along with the government dictates and just voting when available, but never taking action. Wake up America! Wake up Church. Do not give up; Do not resort to violence or hatred; Know/learn History and the Constitution, as well as God's instruction to us - The Bible.

• Patricia Varhol

01/09/2021 10:48 AM

I love our country. God has blessed us. But He can no longer put up with our sin. That’s really what is going on. I’m trusting Him. All these things are leading up to final judgment. It had to happen. We Christians should not be surprised, especially if we read God’s Word, the Bible. It’s all spelled out there, especially in Revelation. We need to pray for people to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ quickly. They may not have much more time to make the most important decision in their lifetime.

• Jeff McClure

01/08/2021 03:11 PM

Governor, I'm still perplexed, my question is simple, did president Trump constitutionally have any chance at the election being overturned on January 6? Being well aware of the president believing for vice president Pence to do the right thing, constitutionally was there actually a path? Who were the people that led many patriotic Americans to believe there was? I would like to see them called out on this, to blame President Trump and let these people off the hook is ridiculous!
    Thanks for the newsletters, I enjoy reading them.

• Joan Scripture

01/08/2021 03:07 PM

I would dearly love to see a law to outlaw for all time mail-in voting for any election if this country. Mail-in voting is outlawed in some European countries because of the possibility of fraud, and that possibility is increased in this country by the sheer number of voters. If you can tell us how to pursue encouraging our representatives to pass such a law, it would be appreciated. Thank you for your sane, calm, honest presentation of the daily events.

• Daryl Russo

01/08/2021 03:04 PM

So once again we are being told to sit down and shut up. Did we not watch the videos of police letting the protesters into the capital, wonder who sanctioned that? For years we have watched corruption in the domicestic party and they get a pass. Even the latest Pelosi comment that she had to wait for a new president to pass out that horrendous stimulus bill. $600.00 with millions going to foreign countries and museums etc etc. The dems are killing our economy with their mandatory shut downs crippling small business big big business with their Chinese made inventory is prospering. Yeah... another knife in the back for Americans. So happy China is prospering from the virus they gave us. Trump was the only politician that was bold enough to call these people out. I’m disgusted and angry that once again the dems pulled it off.

• Ben Holdridge

01/08/2021 02:55 PM

YOU WROTE
    That’s all well and good as political satire, but I don’t want to be like the leftists who spent the past four years letting their anger over Trump being President lead them to show disrespect to the office and root for America to fail under his watch.
    Ben Holdridge is not going to respect a thief, acknowledge a thief, or pay any attention to a thief or ANY DEMONCRAP for that matter. And we are NOT going to "get along".

• Brenda Raasch

01/08/2021 02:54 PM

Dear Governor, I am so deeply saddened and confused. I feel that this could have been avoided had scotus addressed the election issues. I was watching online on Wednesday. Ted Cruz had given an excellent speech. He addressed the issues of voter fraud and how those allegations should be investigated. He gave 3 options and I have to agree with him 2 were not very good, but the third option was excellent! Why, why, why....it seems they just don't care about those of us who feel that the election was STOLEN! I don't know how to go on with this grievous loss of confidence in our government and the justice system. They are now calling to remove the President from office and still will not take the time to investigate the claims of fraud. Its heartbreaking that we who pay taxes and keep this country going have no voice. I love Jesus and have been praying for months and years for our leaders. I know God is in control and that I will be with Him for eternity. We still have to live here and my grandchildren and children do to until he calls us home. I am so distraught....I don't know if I will ever vote again. Can't we make them investigate this mess so we can move forward?? Please respond. My husband and I watch your program and value your assessment as a government official, a Baptist pastor, and a brother in Christ. Thank you for reading. Brenda

• Eva Rushton

01/08/2021 02:53 PM

Dear Governor,
    The pictures depicting the vans pulling up outside the Capitol with Antifa piling out and the security letting them in and escorting them up the steps prove that this was a set up to make Trump look bad and turn people against him. The truth will come out hopefully. Our country has been robbed.

• Susan mersereau

01/08/2021 02:48 PM

I am disappointed in the Republicans and the Democrats who couldn't get past that it wasn't about the election between Trump or Biden. It was about the fraud that has happened in these states. It needs to be cleaned up and there needs to be a special counsel look into this. And by the way Trump needs to appoint a special counsel for Hunter Biden and that Mess or it will get swept under the rug

• Thomas Berry

01/08/2021 02:47 PM

With much thanks for your work in keeping what few strands of truth remain alive, I too am deeply grieved at what happened at the Capitol. Not only at the riot itself, but at the stench of it.

To quote the President-elect (I type with tightly clenched teeth!), C'mon, man! Did the rally organizers really expect their event to come off without a hitch given the volatility of the times and the exceptional skill the left has shown at manipulating and playing us to our own doom?

How could they have not expected trouble since the event was wide open to anyone, including Antifa radicals whom I suspect were involved to some extent in inciting and carrying out the violence?

Oh, it was them, all right - Trump supporters don't behave like that! well, that's not true anymore. Some most definitely did, and now we are all branded that way - by the people who boast of inclusiveness and rejection of stereotypes, not to mention the embracing and supporting of the rioters who burned so much of our cities. As it was for the mayors of Portland and Chicago, so it is with them - demonstrations and riot are criminal only when they themselves are affected, and it is just fine when only the peasants suffer harm.

I know it's not politically correct to say so, but I smell a very flatulent rat in all this. Why was Capitol security so minimal when it was widely known that tens of thousands of thoroughly honked-off citizens were going to gather outside? Was there a connection between that and the outbreak of violence, especially if Antifa was involved in provoking and encouraging it?

This whole thing smells of a colossal setup. Let all these Trump supporters gather, get a bunch of Antifans into their midst to stir up trouble, have nowhere near enough police on hand to keep them out of the building, and then smear and discredit the President and his supporters for the tragic results - while making sure that his calls for peace and dispersal are hidden from history.

And now the Pelosisaurus (credit my son in law for that) wants to either have him removed from office or impeached again, with twelve measly days left in his term. Just how in hell does she think that will make anything better when his 70,000,000 supporters are already both profoundly angry and deeply embarrassed?

This ends well for absolutely no one. Prayers for us all and out country. God help us all. Thankms again.

• Tim Zahn

01/08/2021 02:28 PM

In reading today's American Thinker, there are 2 editorials from 2 eye witnesses accounts at President Trump's rally in Washington describing seeing ANTIFA dressed men. Could this be all planned to blame Trump and his supporters for the violence and rioting inside our nation's capitol ? This stigma will carry over into the 2024 election should Donald Trump decide to run again for the office of President. I'm sure all the bias media will play over and over again the breach of our capitol on Jan 6th, 2021 during the 2024 elections. As an "Old Guy", I'm just an observer, passing thru to a much better and peaceful place.

• Diane Battaglia

01/08/2021 02:26 PM

I always vote. That is why I feel disappointed the election wasn’t rerun in the states that cheated. That would have been faster and “maybe” honest.
    I use to work the polls in the 60’s. Remember paper ballots, identification to show it was you voting and matching signatures? Took longer, but we didn’t have a this dishonesty. Keep the faith!

• Mac Moody

01/08/2021 02:24 PM

Yes, the violence was terrible. My question to you and to the rest of the Nation, Are we certain that it was Trump supporters that did the violence or was it antifa dressed as supporters so that all of this mess is now Trump's fault?? I believe that antifa and the dimms had all of this designed to have this as the Trump legacy rather than the many good things he did for this Nation. While I am at it I do believe that all of Trumps' great things done will soon be reversed by the dimms.

• jerold markin

01/08/2021 02:24 PM

ALL THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.....VOTER IDENTIFICATION.
    NOW REPUBLICANS MUST FOCUS ON THAT ISSUE!