From Robin:

On the [Wuhan] BSL-4 lab. I have a little experience with bio and chemical stuff in the military.

Based on the photos I've seen from China, the researchers were not properly attired with protective gear for this environment. They should be completely covered with all seams sealed. No openings to the body at all. Second problem is you cannot take off the protective gear without first decontaminating the gear, then secondly yourself. I did not see anything for decontamination. There should also be available emergency decontamination stations for accidental incidents.

Without the above you're just a human guinea pig. Go home to your family and friends after that and there you go! An epidemic because of poor training, fear of questioning your supervisors, politicians and government. And everything done in closed secrecy so you can't get knowledge or advice from any scientists in the outside world.

Welcome to Socialism!

From the Gov:

You bring up some very interesting points. I’m reminded of Chernobyl; in the aftermath, we we were shocked about the poor safety standards. Again, welcome to socialism; I’ve always been mystified by those who say a socialist/authoritarian form of government would be better for the environment. We have only to look at the lung-clogging pollution in (yes) China to see the reality. There are no studies we can cite on this --- how could there be? --- but it stands to reason that Chinese urban dwellers already have enough lung damage to make them vulnerable to a respiratory virus.

Jennifer Griffin for FOX NEWS had an outstanding report on Bret Baier’s SPECIAL REPORT Monday night from the U.S. Army base at Fort Detrick, Maryland, which houses one of the nation’s Level 4 biolabs, to show what they’re doing to create a COVID-19 vaccine. She says these are the same Army scientists who found vaccines for anthrax, plague and Ebola viruses. They’ve got special equipment that allows them to assess results of the “fast-track” drug testing that’s currently underway.

Safety protocols are rigid. There’s an airlock into a decontamination area that’s kind of like a car wash, where researchers shower in their protective gear after their shifts to decontaminate it before taking if off. The gear has its own oxygen supply.

"These men and women have been here before,” said U.S. Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy, “and they prevailed. And we’re going to find this vaccine, and we’re gonna win in the end.”

Much more at the link:

Abbott Labs, after getting emergency FDA approval, has announced it’s launching a 5-minute COVID-19 virus test that can be used just about anywhere. Every state will get at least 15 of these testing machines, which can perform up to 50,000 tests per day.

Also, GREAT NEWS (and thanks to Sean Hannity for this story): the drug hydroxychloroquine has been authorized for emergency use by the FDA after the promising results we’ve reported. The pharmaceutical company Novartis has committed to donating –- repeat, donating –- up to 130 million doses of the drug. Likewise, the Israeli company Teva Pharmaceuticals has supplied U.S. hospitals with 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets,with another 4 million on the way. Also, the Phase 1 testing of a vaccine has commenced; the speed of this truly is miraculous.

By the way, I'm sure you'd agree with me, Robin, that we should discount anything we hear from the World Health Organization. It appears to be Chinese propaganda, one step removed. Check out Tucker Carlson’s Monday interview with Gordon Chang, author of THE COMING COLLAPSE OF CHINA, about the World Health Organization’s denial to address anything concerning the nation of Taiwan. Why, it’s just as if Taiwan didn’t even exist! (Steve Mosher, author of the book BULLY OF ASIA, calls them “the China Health Organization.”)

As reported by Chang, the director general of the World Health Organization gave an interview in late January to China’s state media saying that Beijing’s response was “admirable, should be emulated by the rest of the world,” and that “it all showed the superiority of China’s socialist system.” (I am not kidding.)

Chang commented, “Well, China has a totalitarian system, and, really, what he was doing was attacking democracy on behalf of Beijing. So this is really despicable across the board.” He went on: “...This is dangerous, because for the last 10 days of January, and for the first 10-15 days of February, the World Health Organization was parroting Beijing’s line that no country should enact travel restrictions on China. And that’s –- because there were no travel restrictions, or very few of them, the United States being an exception, what happened was, this virus spread even farther...around China’s borders, and so, what’s the WHO has done, it’s actually helped spread the coronavirus around the world, and it did it on behalf of Beijing.”

Democrat Congressman Seth Molton of Massachusetts has also submitted to the power of Beijing, by withdrawing his support for a resolution condemning the Chinese Communist government. He talked about this on (where else?) MSNBC, and apparently chose to speak up to counter the implication that the Chinese government might be worse than the danger of the “racist” Trump administration. I think we can tell this idiot he needs to quarantine his mouth.

Thanks for writing, Robin, and for your perspective on China’s role in the spread of this virus.

RELATED READINGThe challenge of getting truth on origin of Chinese virus

From Dobbin:

Good article, Governor, but I don't think there is a level 5. Pretty sure level 4 (BSL 4) is as high as it goes, and if BSL 4 protocol were followed, this wouldn't have happened. If!

From the Gov:

Hi, Dobbin. Um, that line about “Level 5”? As the great ol’ cartoon rooster Foghorn Leghorn used to say, “That’s a joke, ah say, that’s a joke, son.”

From Julianne:

I recall some information coming out of China in late December about mass graves. The links I had to those are gone, missing, removed....something. Since this virus hit the elderly and sickly, those people were just considered collateral damage and expendable. We will never know how many died in China from this virus. The truth will not be told by those in power, and all those that know are dead or missing.

From the Gov:

Thanks for writing, Julianne. My researchers have encountered similar online brick walls. Also, they find that certain well-documented, credible stories from here in America are avoided by the mainstream media like –- pardon the expression –- the plague. (Always ask yourself about a story that seems to just go away, “Why am I not hearing more about this?”)

But to your point, you are correct about the value of life in that country being essentially on par with that of an 8-month-old fetus in the eyes of Planned Parenthood. As far as those in power are concerned, lives are expendable and certainly considered collateral damage if there is a larger goal to be achieved. Unfortunately, some in our own media, particularly social media, have been quite cooperative in their effort to –- again, pardon the expression –- “bury” stories and commentary. We’ll continue to look into the mass-graves story, but you’re right: many details about this will likely never be known.

From Jeanine (excerpt):

I listened to NPR and OPB the other day after the Task Force had given their faithful, intelligent update on the coronavirus and could not believe what I was hearing. Everything that was said on NPR and OPB was the opposite of what was reported by the Task Force. It was lying. And then hateful commentary.

From the Gov:

It’s as I said, Jeanine. One might as well be listening to Nancy Pelosi...or the Chinese Communist Party. And if Congress is looking for places in the budget to cut so they can more easily help shuttered businesses and Americans out of work...they might start with the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

• Sharon James

03/31/2020 01:33 PM

You gave Sean Hannity credit for pushing the malatya drug and he deserves credit but so do Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingram.

• manfred parker

03/31/2020 01:28 PM

Gov. Huckabee: Has anyone considered that the Chinese may have been experimenting with this virus so as to inject it into our society and then it got out accidentally?

• Jimmy Humphrey

03/31/2020 01:26 PM

I believe more lies these evil demons keep making about our President there supporters are seeing Just how corrupt and evil there leaders are. Uh, can’t call them leaders These are evil demons

• James Johnson

03/31/2020 12:56 PM

Governor,

My question is: where was Planned Parenthood when Rep. Pelosi was in the womb? I know that is not nice, but sometimes a fire requires a 'back-blast' to extinguish it. If more people asked questions like this it might make a few of the Dems think about where they might be if their mothers chose that option.

J. Johnson

• Dale Lundgren

03/31/2020 12:54 PM

My home health provider shared with me (a spinal cord injured person) that an animal, native to China ate an infested bat, and was infected...a Chinese person at that animal, and that is how the whole thing started, per her. Any truth to that?

• Bennye St.Claire

03/31/2020 12:43 PM

Mike -you know we will never know what went on in China. We will never know how tis virus escaped. Just the way those types of governments work.

• Donna Weimer

03/31/2020 12:39 PM

You may have already seen this if you have seen it and shared I missed it.

• Martha Miller

03/31/2020 12:39 PM

The older I get, the more distrustful I become. I have said from the beginning of this Virus issue that the Dems in some way have had a hand in it with China. Just another way of trying to get rid of Trump, even if it means taking down our country and the lives of our people. God help us, and God Bless You, Mike Huckabee.

• JOSEPH G. wHITSON

03/31/2020 12:37 PM

Compare and connect the mass graves in China in Jan.-feb.and Mar. with the 21 million cell phone cancellations for the same period!!

• Rebecca Letson

03/31/2020 12:29 PM

It distresses me to read that many of our medicines and medical supplies are being produced in China. What.!? With the poor quality control, I think all of these products should be brought back to America for production.

• Ruth Delfino Spiering

03/31/2020 12:24 PM

Oh, dear brother. God is warning us; He's giving Satan a long rope...a taste of what's to come during the great tribulation. Thank the Lord saints will be long gone--feasting on Him at the "marriage supper of the Lamb." We pray for souls to be saved through this so-called crisis that will be the norm after we're gone. -- Just a few thoughts while we're all confined to the homes God gave us here--How should we feel about preachers encouraging their flocks to continue attending churches? We're to "obey the powers that be" unless it affects our worshiping Him--so far our little local assembly is honoring "the powers that be." If they take our Bibles, that may be another story.

• Janice Short

03/31/2020 12:19 PM

Nancy Pelosi is one of the, if not the, dumbest people ever to live on our planet. I have no respect for Dems who vote for her.

• Dennis J Sullivan

03/31/2020 12:09 PM

Gov.....
    We may never know how many Chinese died we already know that are now 20 MILLION+ fewer cell phone accounts in China today than there were only 3 months ago. What is the explanation, considering that cell phone use is mandatory for all of big brothers citizens. I realize that people do misplace cell phones, BUT SERIOUSLY!

• Carlo Broglio

03/31/2020 12:05 PM

I would like to know the statistics surrounding the thousands of essential workers (first res ponders, health workers, grocery workers, warehouse workers, truck drivers, etc.) that are working. How many are sick with COVID 19 and how many are fine? How does this compare with the flu? Are we overdoing caution? Also why not give these people hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a prophylaxis and see if it works?

• Ronald Danehower

03/31/2020 12:00 PM

There are at least TWO HEIFERS that need to be LOCKED in the BARN for a while !! POLOSI & MADDOW !!!!

• Ronald Osterman

03/31/2020 11:50 AM

Governor, you might have shared this in a previous post but living in Michigan I am shocked at Governor Whitmer's ban on doctors prescribing hydroxychloroquine as a treatment and threatening them with loss of their license to practice medicine in Michigan. This was reported in the Washington Times https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/29/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-governor-hydroxychloroqu/

• stephen mitchell

03/31/2020 11:48 AM

My opinion ! I believe this virus , was in our country long before it was reported . I also believe that it was "started " for a reason . You run a scenario on it and figure it out yourself . A loss of a few million peasants to China , is nothing . China has lied , and will continue to lie , that's China . Unfortunately the media , being what they are , will never investigate any scenario put forth .

• Beverly Tischler

03/31/2020 11:46 AM

The hateful, vindictive words of the Democrats are INFECTING our citizenry and creating social distancing in order to prevent being attacked verbally by Hateful Democrats who fully intend to HARM those whom they hurtle their VINDICTIVE words to.

• Kay DeWitt

03/31/2020 11:46 AM

MIKE, ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I APPRECIATE ABOUT YOUR COMMENT SECTION IS THAT THE COMMENTS THAT ARE WRITTEN ARE RESPONSES TO what YOU write RATHER THAN the responses the commenters write to ONE ANOTHER...which is NOT true of "blog" sites. THE OTHER DAY, when I DID mention a statement I read in a comment IN my comment..because I was so grieved BY it...I saw where you did not post it.... So....FOR this reason, I am writing this to you on the assumption you will also not post IT...because what I am about to write is being authored by my response to just having read a comment that has left me feeling overwhelmed BY the disbelief that is mine as a result OF having read this comment.

WHILE I AM NOT GOING TO IDENTIFY THE WRITER OF THE COMMENT BY NAME, I AM GOING TO COPY, AND PASTE, BELOW THE COMMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY ALTHOUGH I WILL BE BREAKING IT UP SO I CAN RESPOND TO EACH THOUGHT THE WRITER PRESENTS....WHILE THE COMMENT SAID PERSON WROTE WILL BE IN LOWER CASE LETTERS, MY RESPONSE WILL BE IN UPPER CASE...CAPITAL..LETTERS

The government is stealing our constitutional rights and freedoms because of this virus. I voted for Trump and Dewine. I will not again. Pastor Greg Locke from Tennesee said they arrested a Pastor in Florida for having church services yesterday. The Governor of New York is threatening the Pastors there with fines and closing their churches down for good. Some one needs to reach Trump with this. It is separation of church and state.

THIS IS THE VERY "RELIGIOUS" THINKING THAT MAKES ME, IN CONTRAST, SAY, "PRAISE GOD THE CHURCHES ARE CLOSED BECAUSE OF THE MOCKERY THEY HAVE MADE OF CHRIST'S GOSPEL MESSAGE!!!...THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT STEALING OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!! THE GOVERNMENT IS SIMPLY MAKING SURE PEOPLE, LIKE THIS WRITER, DO WHAT THEY NEED TO DO TO SAVE LIVES!!!! AND RIGHT HERE YOU HAVE TANGIBLE PROOF OF WHAT IS THE CREDIBILITY OF MY INDICTMENT AGAINST THE CHURCHES.....WHICH IS THAT....

WITH KIDS DROPPING DEAD AT THEIR DOORSTEPS, CHURCHES CARE MORE ABOUT "HAVING" CHURCH THAN "BEING" CHURCH !!!!.....IN RESPONSE TO THE WRITER SAYING THAT, "Someone needs to reach Trump with this", I SAY I AGREE...BUT NOT FOR THE REASON THIS WRITER HAS IN MIND BUT RATHER TO POINT OUT TO HIM HOW...(TO REECHO MARK HARRIS' MESSAGE IN HIS RECENT SERMON)..."THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWING ABOUT JESUS AND KNOWING HIM!" MARK ALSO STATED THAT "THE CHURCHES ARE SENDING PEOPLE TO HELL!" ....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THE CHURCHES HAVE ALSO FAILED TO KEEP AMERICA GREAT IN THE PROCESS!

This is communistic, like Russia or China would do. Our Governor in Ohio is a little nazi and I mean it He is taking away freedoms every day. Telling people they can not even go to the parks. These kids need to get out of the house.Please open your eyes ,I have so much respect for you but have lost all the love and respect I had for Trump.

NO! THESE KIDS DO NOT NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE BECAUSE IT MIGHT COST THEM THEIR LIVES IF THEY DO!!!! NO, THIS WRITER HAS NOT LOST HER LOVE FOR TRUMP BECAUSE ONE CANNOT LOSE WHAT HE NEVER HAD!! HE WHO DOES NOT LOVE TRUMP TODAY NEVER LOVED HIM YESTERDAY BECAUSE CHRIST'S LOVE IS THE ONLY REAL LOVE AND IT IS UNCONDITIONAL!!!

I have prayed for him daily ,converted others to vote for him and now he is turning our country into a communist regime over night. We never gave the government this kind of freedom to tell us we can not go and worship our Lord at our local church. They are talking about keeping everything shut down until after the fourth of July. There will be a civil war before then. Thank you and God Bless You.

GOD HAVE MERCY ON THIS KIND OF SPIRITUAL BLINDNESS THAT IS THE VERY REASON OUR KIDS CANNOT FIND CHRIST!!! IN RESPONSE TO THIS WRITER'S STATEMENT, "We never gave the government this kind of freedom to tell us we cannot go and worship our Lord at our local church," I SAY, BUT YOU DID GIVE SATAN THE FREEDOM TO DECEIVE YOU INTO THINKING THAT GOING TO WORSHIP OUR LORD AT OUR LOCAL CHURCH MEANS ANYTHING TO HIM WHEN ONE IS FAILING TO WORSHIP HIM BY LOVING EVERYONE AS HE LOVES EVERYONE!!!!!! CHURCHES HAVE MADE SUCH A MOCKERY OF OUR LORD THAT NO ONE BEING SEEN WALKING INTO A CHURCH BEARS WITNESS TO THE FACT THAT OUR LORD IS REAL!

THIS COMMENT WAS WRITTEN AT THE SAME TIME THAT I STATED IN MY COMMENT TO YOU THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP NEEDED TO HEAR FROM YOU SO I PRAY THAT MY HAVING TAKEN THE TIME TO REBUKE THIS OTHER WRITER'S OPINION GIVES MY ADVICE A LITTLE MORE CREDIBILITY....AND ANOTHER IMPORTANT THOUGHT....

WHAT IS ALSO GRIEVOUS TO ME IS THAT THIS WRITER'S COMMENT IS THE LAST THING PRESIDENT TRUMP NEEDS TO HEAR SINCE A PART OF HIM WOULD BE INCLINED TO LISTEN TO THIS WRITER'S ADVICE SINCE PRESIDENT TRUMP IS CONCERNED ABOUT THE ECONOMY!!!!...IN VIEW OF THIS, THE INSANITY IS THAT....IN REALITY.. .PRESIDENT TRUMP'S WILLINGNESS TO SHUT DOWN WHAT HE IS SHUTTING DOWN...INCLUDING THE CHURCHES....BEARS WITNESS TO THE FACT THAT HE IS NOT A DICTATOR... BECAUSE HIS DECISION TO SHUT DOWN THINGS WAS MOTIVATED BY HIS CARING MORE ABOUT PEOPLE NOT DYING THAN HE DOES ABOUT HIS POLITICAL "REGIME" AND WHAT A MOCKERY THIS WRITER MADE OF PRESIDENT TRUMP'S STAND AGAINST THE SIN OF ABORTION BY STATING THAT HE IS "TURNING OUR COUNTRY INTO A COMMUNIST REGIME" !!!!!!!

• Bonnie DeHoff Fakes

03/31/2020 11:43 AM

I remember my Great Aunt, Amelia Johnson, who was a head nurse at Cincinnati General Hospital during the 1918 flu pandemic, telling me about the 18 hour shifts, the patients lined out in the hallways and the fact that they could only make them comfortable, NOT do anything to really help them. She contracted the virus herself and nearly died. Her fever went up to 107 degrees and she lost all her hair. Both she and I found it incredible that she survived that. She said she was one of the "lucky ones" because she lived, even though she was basically bald for the rest of her life. I was 16-18 when I knew her and some of the girls at our college made fun of the fact that she wore a hairpiece. I would never have asked her about it, but one day when I was staying with her, she volunteered the information about how she lost her hair. I was incredulous! The 1918 pandemic has never been just another story for me since then. I was a history and English major and firsthand stories make it so much more than just an event. When I see the pictures of the crowded wards, I can picture her working there and paying a terrible price for her dedication. Her attitude was once of blessing though, as one of the "lucky ones." When we are just asked to stay home a while, it's not so much by comparison. One of my sons works in an ER and I pray for him and them every day. God bless our healthcare workers and keep them safe. Just thought you might enjoy a little history.

• Dee Carter

03/31/2020 11:33 AM

Governor, I have read reports that the coronavirus was PATENTED back in 2014, and that a vaccine was approved by the FDA in November of 2019. Have you or your staff looked into this report? Thanks for your daily information!

• Thala J Susag

03/31/2020 11:33 AM

More power to all the scientists and doctors who are urging
    use of the "experimental" drugs! Excuse a personal note
    but a retired, medical career (surgeon) Army officer saved
    my life in early 1960's. Because I had advanced ovarian
    cancer, hospitals and MD's would not allow him to operate
    because "they did not want a death on their books."
    He asked my opinion/I said go ahead and operate/and he
    did (total of 4) in a small doctor's hospital. I lived to raise
    a wonderful son who now has children and grandchildren.
    We must not be afraid, because our all-powerful Father in
    Heaven will see us through this Chinese virus pandemic.
    Remember to celebrate Easter...HE LIVES!

• Tom Davis

03/31/2020 11:32 AM

Do you suppose that anyone in our government, nationally or on a statewide basis, has considered another peril we face; an attack on our national power grid? Such an attack would render us truly back to the Stone Age. It would be satisfying to believe that that we're preparing for that as a contingency with a heightened degree of importance. In a what if scenario; imagine a Covid and power grid interruptions. All the best Govenor. . .

From Robin:

• Dale Lundgren

03/31/2020 12:54 PM

• Bennye St.Claire

03/31/2020 12:43 PM

• Donna Weimer

03/31/2020 12:39 PM

You may have already seen this if you have seen it and shared I missed it.

• Martha Miller

03/31/2020 11:33 AM

More power to all the scientists and doctors who are urging
    use of the "experimental" drugs! Excuse a personal note
    but a retired, medical career (surgeon) Army officer saved
    my life in early 1960's. Because I had advanced ovarian
    cancer, hospitals and MD's would not allow him to operate
    because "they did not want a death on their books."
    He asked my opinion/I said go ahead and operate/and he
    did (total of 4) in a small doctor's hospital. I lived to raise
    a wonderful son who now has children and grandchildren.
    We must not be afraid, because our all-powerful Father in
    Heaven will see us through this Chinese virus pandemic.
    Remember to celebrate Easter...HE LIVES!

• Tom Davis

• Dale Lundgren

03/31/2020 12:54 PM

• Bennye St.Claire

03/31/2020 12:43 PM

• Donna Weimer

03/31/2020 12:39 PM

You may have already seen this if you have seen it and shared I missed it.

• Martha Miller

03/31/2020 11:33 AM

More power to all the scientists and doctors who are urging
    use of the "experimental" drugs! Excuse a personal note
    but a retired, medical career (surgeon) Army officer saved
    my life in early 1960's. Because I had advanced ovarian
    cancer, hospitals and MD's would not allow him to operate
    because "they did not want a death on their books."
    He asked my opinion/I said go ahead and operate/and he
    did (total of 4) in a small doctor's hospital. I lived to raise
    a wonderful son who now has children and grandchildren.
    We must not be afraid, because our all-powerful Father in
    Heaven will see us through this Chinese virus pandemic.
    Remember to celebrate Easter...HE LIVES!

• Tom Davis