Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones, who made headlines for being an African-American Democrat who endorsed Trump’s reelection, is stepping down from his office less than a week later. He said he’s sick and tired of him and his family being attacked and harassed by the Democrat Party for putting his country ahead of his political party.

Jones said, “I take pride in being an independent thinker. My First Amendment right to freedom of speech is under siege. I intend to help the Democrat Party get rid of its bigotry against Black people that are independent and conservative. Turn the lights off, I have left the plantation. Someone else can occupy that suite.”

He said that with Trump’s record of creating jobs and record-low unemployment for African-Americans, he is best prepared to lead a post-virus recovery. He added, “I endorsed the White guy (Trump) that let Blacks out of jail, and they endorsed the White guy (Biden) that put Blacks in jail.”

The Democrats are playing a dangerous game by refusing to rein in their Trump Derangement Syndrome mobs with their vicious intolerance of any wavering from the leftist line. They’ve already sparked a “Walk Away” movement. If they can’t count on 90+ percent support from black voters, they’re in trouble electorally. And when their intolerance has grown so glaring that their own Black office holders are not only walking away, they’re comparing the trip to fleeing a plantation, that’s really bad optics. It might even inspire a lot of miseducated students to finally pick up a real American history book and learn who ran the original plantations and which party was created to end that system.

• Richard Rose

04/24/2020 11:57 AM

It Is In my opinion that the black people should know who started the KKK and what congressman was in office running the KKK for many years.I think the Democrat party has abused black people for years using them to get votes.It Just not fair to have black people thinking that the Democrat party Is there to help them..

• Kay Nelstead

04/24/2020 11:39 AM

I just read this a.m. that because of the overwhelming Rep. Jones received from across the Nation, he rescinded his resignation. I certainly hope this is true.

• Sandra Boyer

04/24/2020 11:11 AM

God Bless Vernon Jones. May God keep safe and protect him and his family.
    I applaud his strength to think for himself and speak out. Takes great courage! ??????

• sharon m hoffman

04/24/2020 10:09 AM

He dropped out because he couldn't live honestly supporting a man of such low values. He was indeed a pawn and realizes his biggest mistake. Such an embarassment to his people.

• Jo McCord

04/24/2020 10:05 AM

Praying that God will help the wrong headed, stubborn ones come to their senses too.

• Annie

04/24/2020 08:58 AM

You need to fight for yourself. Those Rats couldn’t do anything to you. You are right everybody needs to pick up a History Book and read the real truth about the Democratic’s they a dirty, evil, lies and not know what else. Some of them are.

• Tony Ruggieri

04/24/2020 07:22 AM

Enjoy your thoughtful comments and contribution on Fox News, need more common sense, free thinking proud Americans doing the same. Please run for office again, need to take the ball forward. GBA!

• Leslie Fredrickson

04/24/2020 04:06 AM

The democratic party often prides themselves as being inclusive, but if someone disagrees with them they no longer seem very inclusive.

• Wanda l Jones

04/24/2020 03:56 AM

Mr Jones you can tell yourself you endorsed Trump to help black people so you can sleep at night and you want to see blacks get a fair shake your nothing but a pawn and a joke

• Diane petilli

04/24/2020 03:08 AM

I admire your courage and wisdom Mr. Jones. God bless you always.

• Sharron Bedard

04/24/2020 02:32 AM

Welcome aboard Mr.Vernon Jones. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I totally support your decision to join the conservative movement.

• Catherine Jones

04/24/2020 12:15 AM

I’m grateful for Mr. Jones’ fortitude and determination to think for himself. He’s in my prayers

• Diane Tompkins

04/23/2020 11:46 PM

Thank you Rep. Vernon Jones
    For TRUTH! I'm sorry that you had to be scrutinized for your
    Beliefs. I wish you didn't
    drop out because our Country
    needs your values and representation.

• Emmanuel

04/23/2020 11:02 PM

This is the time for real liberation, breaking-off the chains and really fleeing the plantation! The shield is breaking off and light is consistently driving away darkness. God is at work and will mobilize thousands of this kind to join the movement.. I’m am in!

• Sheila Ray

04/23/2020 10:33 PM

Maybe , Sir , you should stand & publicly voice your opinion on Fox News !! The democrats are NOT for America or We the People !! Bless you for speaking truth about President Trump !! He is the BEST !! Thank you for speaking out ... so sorry the democrats aren’t held accountable for their actions against you & your family !!

• Leona Cartwright

04/23/2020 10:30 PM

Thank you for living and standing for your convictions. Praise God
    .we need more like you

• Nancy Schultz

04/23/2020 09:58 PM

Good for him. Wish there were more like him. Vote out the Democrats.

• Sharon V Myers

04/23/2020 08:04 PM

Thank you for your comments! You would make a great leader of our country someday, as long as you stand your ground.

• Chaplain Bernell Wesley

04/23/2020 08:03 PM

I'm tired of the misinformed narrative that the 1860s Republican Party is the Rrpublican Party of 2020. The two party political system exists to maintain the priviledge of the status quo. The assumption that one party is somehow better for minorites shows a lack of understanding of American history. Vernon Jones is merely leaving one plo antation for another one. Trump had nothing to do with the market firces that created more jobs for blacks. Any jobs blacks have are incidental to the bigger economic picture. Maybe Trump has a special position for ass-kissing blacks . #WDDWM

• Ruby

04/23/2020 07:49 PM

Thank you Sir!!
    This isn't a Black or White Issue! This Is an ""AMERICAN ISSUE""
    ?????????????????????
    If We Don't Stand Together We Are Going to LOOSE OUR COUNTRY ??

• Renate vdB.

04/23/2020 07:32 PM

Such a decent man. I salute you! Join us in supporting a great President that works for all of us.

• Lauren Cowley

04/23/2020 07:12 PM

So proud of this man.. he is a true American .. God bless him and his family.. it takes courage to stand up and do the right thing!!

• Monetia Divelbiss

04/23/2020 07:00 PM

Everyone has the right, or should have the right, to speak their thoughts without consequence. I am sad that you and your family were treated so badly. No person is perfect, but I am glad you acknowledge President Trump's good decisions. It is too bad that so many democrats have such a bad agenda and are so intent on taking Trump down. I wish you and your family the best and God's Blessings.

• Gloria Wells

04/23/2020 06:46 PM

Love it, tku for it

• Pat Allen

04/23/2020 06:41 PM

Many blessings for your decision. Our country has never been like this in my lifetime. The parties have never been this mean. I am in my 70s and want so badly to get our country turning back to common sense and to the Lord. America has always been great until the lat 20-30 years. So sad because of selfishness.

• Richard Rose

04/24/2020 11:57 AM

• Kay Nelstead

04/24/2020 11:39 AM

• Sandra Boyer

04/24/2020 11:11 AM

God Bless Vernon Jones. May God keep safe and protect him and his family.

• sharon m hoffman

04/24/2020 10:09 AM

• Jo McCord

04/24/2020 10:05 AM

• Annie

04/24/2020 08:58 AM

• Tony Ruggieri

04/24/2020 07:22 AM

• Leslie Fredrickson

04/24/2020 04:06 AM

• Wanda l Jones

04/24/2020 03:56 AM

• Diane petilli

04/24/2020 03:08 AM

I admire your courage and wisdom Mr. Jones. God bless you always.

• Sharron Bedard

04/24/2020 02:32 AM

• Catherine Jones

04/24/2020 12:15 AM

• Diane Tompkins

04/23/2020 11:46 PM

Thank you Rep. Vernon Jones
    For TRUTH! I'm sorry that you had to be scrutinized for your
    Beliefs. I wish you didn't
    drop out because our Country
    needs your values and representation.

• Emmanuel

04/23/2020 11:02 PM

• Sheila Ray

04/23/2020 10:33 PM

• Leona Cartwright

04/23/2020 10:30 PM

Thank you for living and standing for your convictions. Praise God
    .we need more like you

• Nancy Schultz

04/23/2020 09:58 PM

Good for him. Wish there were more like him. Vote out the Democrats.

• Sharon V Myers

04/23/2020 08:04 PM

• Chaplain Bernell Wesley

04/23/2020 08:03 PM

• Ruby

04/23/2020 07:49 PM

Thank you Sir!!
    This isn't a Black or White Issue! This Is an ""AMERICAN ISSUE""
    ?????????????????????
    If We Don't Stand Together We Are Going to LOOSE OUR COUNTRY ??

• Renate vdB.

• Richard Rose

04/24/2020 11:57 AM

• Kay Nelstead

04/24/2020 11:39 AM

• Sandra Boyer

04/24/2020 11:11 AM

God Bless Vernon Jones. May God keep safe and protect him and his family.

• sharon m hoffman

04/24/2020 10:09 AM

• Jo McCord

04/24/2020 10:05 AM

• Annie

04/24/2020 08:58 AM

• Tony Ruggieri

04/24/2020 07:22 AM

• Leslie Fredrickson

04/24/2020 04:06 AM

• Wanda l Jones

04/24/2020 03:56 AM

• Diane petilli

04/24/2020 03:08 AM

I admire your courage and wisdom Mr. Jones. God bless you always.

• Sharron Bedard

04/24/2020 02:32 AM

• Catherine Jones

04/24/2020 12:15 AM

• Diane Tompkins

04/23/2020 11:46 PM

Thank you Rep. Vernon Jones
    For TRUTH! I'm sorry that you had to be scrutinized for your
    Beliefs. I wish you didn't
    drop out because our Country
    needs your values and representation.

• Emmanuel

04/23/2020 11:02 PM

• Sheila Ray

04/23/2020 10:33 PM

• Leona Cartwright

04/23/2020 10:30 PM

Thank you for living and standing for your convictions. Praise God
    .we need more like you

• Nancy Schultz

04/23/2020 09:58 PM

Good for him. Wish there were more like him. Vote out the Democrats.

• Sharon V Myers

04/23/2020 08:04 PM

• Chaplain Bernell Wesley

04/23/2020 08:03 PM

• Ruby

04/23/2020 07:49 PM

Thank you Sir!!
    This isn't a Black or White Issue! This Is an ""AMERICAN ISSUE""
    ?????????????????????
    If We Don't Stand Together We Are Going to LOOSE OUR COUNTRY ??

• Renate vdB.