June 2, 2017

As expected, President Trump announced that he is pulling the US out of the Paris Climate Accord. Before the announcement was even made, reaction on the left (and among various corporations that were no doubt salivating over the potential to profit from it) was so overheated that it contributed more to global warming than CO2 does. Trump left the possibility open to crafting a new deal that wouldn’t be as expensive to the US and as destructive to our economy and sovereignty. Refreshingly, he said that as President, his obligation is to the American people. And he did what I was hoping he would do: he used the podium to explain in detail to the American people what the Paris deal actually requires, rather than just the rainbows, lollipops and unicorns its defenders usually sell us.

He listed the predictions of exactly how much damage would be done to various US industries by complying with the current accord, how many US jobs it would destroy or export, and how much it would empty Americans’ bank accounts, all while imposing no meaningful obligations on the worst polluters, such as China and India. He said it would export US jobs to nations that don’t have to comply, and was less about protecting the environment than about putting the US at a severe economic disadvantage. He called it a “massive redistribution of wealth to other nations” (no wonder the Obama Administration loved it.)

He added that even if every nation held to its obligations, and all the dubious scientific claims of its defenders were accurate, its own proponents admit it would result in a temperature reduction of only 0.2 degrees C. by the end of the century. To see what that represents, go to your home’s thermostat and turn down the temperature by 0.2 degrees C. Oh wait, you can’t. Even the most advanced air conditioning system doesn’t measure a temperature change that microscopic. Compare that result to what could be accomplished with the same trillions of dollars if they were put toward eradicating hunger or disease or providing clean, safe water to people in Third World nations.

At the end, Trump said if the obstructionists really think this is so important, then he invited them to stop obstructing and join him in negotiating a new climate agreement that’s actually effective at cleaning up the environment and doesn’t put America at a debilitating disadvantage.

It was a terrific speech, featuring hard realities about climate dogma that have desperately needed to be said for a long, long time. I would only add that before European leaders start piously lecturing the US about our environmental sins, let it be noted that our environment is getting cleaner as we improve efficiency and encourage fracking, natural gas and clean coal. Europe is where clean, safe nuclear power plants that don’t generate CO2 are being shut down by leftist leaders for no reason other than irrational fear-mongering from environmentalists. Talk about science deniers!

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Kimberly Saulsbury

06/02/2017 11:28 AM

Yeah to President Trump for doing his job and standing up for America! It's about time that we had a president in office that worked for America and not the rest of the world.

• Sandy Quinn

06/02/2017 11:19 AM

Thanks for the explanation of what this would mean to our country. I firmly believe that God expects us to take care of our planet earth, as we are to be stewards of the earth, but ultimately, God's plan will override any national or international "agreement".
    I enjoy your emails. You provide good explanations without the liberal bias that the press generally provides.

• Nancy Knauss

06/02/2017 11:16 AM

Good morning and as always enjoyed your commentary. So wonderful to have a President who loves this country like President Trump does and who truly, wants what is best for all of the American people. You are also a breath of "fresh air" - thank you!

• Louis Harrell

06/02/2017 11:13 AM

Excellent commentary! As good as Trump's speech. President Elect Trump told the American people what he was going to do in relation to the Paris Climate Accord and other issues that hog tied the U. S. The American people agreed with him on these issues and elected him as President. The American people have spoken!

• Douglas Waggoner

06/02/2017 11:12 AM

Trump did good yesterday. He is keeping promises.
    I support every move he has made so far.
    Keep up the support & good efforts.

• Don Edwards

06/02/2017 11:10 AM

Mike, I always love your commentary on cultural and political goings on, much less your solid thinking on ethical and moral issues of the day.....this decision by our President should be hailed in my opinion as a courageous and principled decision borne of a love for our nation and people foremost, but also one that recognizes that the forces behind the climate change hysteria are more than concern for environment....big $ are on the line which is what is behind most political policy prescriptions these days....thanks for your common sense and honesty when you give us the benefit of your great experience and intellect.

• Glenn Carter

06/02/2017 11:04 AM

I would like President Trump, and you, to know the regular Americans support him in letting the world know we will not roll over for them anymore. How any liberal could think our economy and our jobs should be sacrificed on the assumed climate change is just ridiculous. No other country that is producing more pollution than the U.S.A. will abide by the accords. Their only concern is to beat us down by winning the war on our economy. They can't win a real war against U.S. so, they are trying to back door us. The real Americans support Trump.

• Darlene Ross

06/02/2017 11:04 AM

Mike, you say: "Europe is where clean, safe nuclear power plants that don’t generate CO2 are being shut down by leftist leaders for no reason other than irrational fear-mongering from environmentalists." Most of the time I agree wholeheartedly with what you say, but that statement does not ring true in my mind. Remember the old adage: "If something can go wrong, it will". Nothing in this world is absolute.

• Carolyn Powell

06/02/2017 10:57 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I would like to say I love to read your newsletter each day.
    You know more of what is going on by far than the Left Wings in Washington.
    All I can say is (Amen) For President Trump for pulling out of the Paris deal.
    If all the left wing Democrats & some Republicans would get under the bed
    and stay there for the next 4 years we would see one of the Greatest turn
    around for the US OF AMERICA. GOD has got his hand on our President for
    a reason, I'm praying every day for him. Just tell the President to keep up the
    great job he is doing for America. Here in Rosman, NC we are on the President
    side all the way. With your information you put out daily helps a lot to keep up with
    our day to day news. It helps to understand the issues more in detail. May God Bless
    you & your Family.

• Georgia Ascherl

06/02/2017 10:52 AM

I love your commentaries so filled with facts and actual truth. Thank you. As far as President Trump, it is refreshing and just wonderful to have a president who is a man of his word. God put him in the White House, I am convinced of this.

• Amy B. Syrell

06/02/2017 10:50 AM

I agree absolutely with everything you said, and admire the way you said it. The President gave a wonderful speech with complete reasons for what he said and why he chose the action he did. The challenge to obstructionists to join him in redrawing a new accord that was fairer to all involved was perfect.

• kathleen wood

06/02/2017 10:48 AM

Thank you for the truth about this. I am a big believer in a clean environment. We can do that for real and with cooperation if we can face facts. I applaud Trump for telling it like it is.

• Tim White

06/02/2017 10:45 AM

I've been saying for so long that the environmentalists have hamstrung our economy because we, as a nation, have submitted to them while other nations such as China and India have not. It's so refreshing that our President has done yet another thing that is unpopular with the verbal few that is right for our country and supported by those of us who are too busy with our families and working to put food on the table to be on social media all the time. Thank you, Mr. Huckabee, for keeping us in the loop and supporting the leaders that our country needs!

• Irina Hansen

06/02/2017 10:44 AM

Hi Mike,
    I enjoy reading your news letters daily! I am so happy and so proud of Mr. Trump!! I may have doubted him in the beginning for a minute when he ran for president only because I thought he may have been in cahoots with the clintons. But I have to say I've NEVER been PROUDER for my Country than I am today with President Trump leading our Nation. I am praying for protection, wisdom, and Godly discernment to follow him and his family all his days! He has my blessings and yes my entire family 0f over 50 of us voted for him!! I can't wait for him to drain the SWAMP! Nor can the rest of AMERICA!
    Ps.. For me, and the rest of the AMERICAN people, Global warming and Climate change is nothing but a joke and a way to be deceitful with our money. Thank GodTrump has such amazing wisdom!!

• Marc Jeric

06/02/2017 10:42 AM

Hoodwinking Americans is the essential part of the environmentalist agenda. Environmental activist Stephen Schneider told Discover magazine in 1989: “We have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. … Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest.”
    In 1988, then-Sen. Timothy Wirth, D-Colo., said: “We’ve got to … try to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong … we will be doing the right thing anyway in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.”
    To resume this-comedy in 3 acts performed by the US-taxpayer-paid ($25 billion per year) drones supervised by the UN socialist panel:
    1) New Ice Age panic in the 1970’s; remedy = our unilateral disarmament plus nationalize everything and establish a United Nations-supervised world socialist government “to spread the wealth around”, as proclaimed in 2009 by our Marxist Muslim ex-President from Kenya B. Hussein Obama; when that ice failed to show up the same criminals invented
    2) Global Warming scam in the 1990’s; remedy still the same. After 21 consecutive years of global COOLING as dictated by the 30-year solar cycle the same bunch of criminals declared
    3) Climate Change hoax; remedy – see above.
    Our former (thank God!) Marxist Muslim President B. Hussein Obama from Kenya bestowed $50 million of our money to the United Nations Climate Change fund organized by that criminal Paris Conference comedy. Mr. Trump – PLEASE – nullify this waste of our money and stop that socialist conspiracy!

• John Clark

06/02/2017 10:32 AM

First of all I want to say that I truly enjoy reading your newsletters - the hard-hitting truth of what is really going on. Question: What is the latest development on the defunding of Planned Parenthood? Let's get that defunded and than use that money for things like veterans, social security, and helping states pay for health care costs. Thanks

• Thomas R Beckwith

06/02/2017 10:31 AM

Mike, just a couple of inconvenient facts about wind and solar:
    1. When the wind don't blow and the sun don't shine. The output of classical power plant prime mover sources is constant and dependable for dispatch by power system operators. The output of wind and solar exhibits huge output power fluctuations.
    2. The largest, latest-technology wind turbine generators feature three 80-meter-long blades (525 feet diameter wingspan or one-and-three-quarter football fields), with each turbine standing 195 meters high (640 feet or over two football fields), but have a power output rating of only 8 megawatts. By comparison, a single power plant on the East side of Tampa Bay has a power output of 1600 megawatts. So if that fossil fuel power plant was shut down, it would take a massive windfarm of 200 of these behemoths to replace it. Imagine the view. You can see for miles and miles and miles... NOTE: The largest typical wind turbines these days max out at about 2 megawatts, so that figures to 800 of these puppies. There have been reports of the disruption of bird migration habits... Ya think!!???

• Gladys Hizer

06/02/2017 10:31 AM

Your expertise on so many political aspects give me valued knowledge on how and what to think. On some things, I think I know the answer, but not having complete background, I rely on you for the moral and intelligent reasons. God Bless you and yours.

• Daniel L

06/02/2017 10:24 AM

Mike - Spot On Analysis - analysis which completely debunks the globalist "climate change" scam on America. "Climate Change" proponents are proponents for one reason only, wealth and power redistribution and anyone who denies that is either ignorant or willfully part of the scam. Thanks for helping everyone understand the truth.
    For the record, I am 100% behind the President and there is nothing the left can say or do, in all of their tirades and hysteria, that will change that. MAGA.

• William Booher

06/02/2017 10:24 AM

In order to get the world into a one world government, the U S has to be put into a third world position. After all the U S is the only country that is holding back the New World Order. Stay tuned for more. Please keep our dear president on a very watchful eye. I sure he is, just too many people that become turncoat and already are there. Please pray for our Presidents safety, I do and wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Especially with the wicked witch still on the loose. I enjoy your website thoroughly Mr. Huckabee. God bless you and protect you also.

• Linda Dickson-Smith

06/02/2017 10:21 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee,
    I love your newsletter and read it every day. You are honest and explain issues in plain language that everyone with any common sense can understand. I support President Trump in removing our country from this debilitating climate agreement. In fact, I support President Trump 100% on pretty much every issue. Thank you Sir for helping the average American sift through the garbage put out by the liberal mainstream media. God bless!

• Stephana Holmes

06/02/2017 10:14 AM

I am 100% behind President Trump all the way !!!! Great, Fantastic Speech !!!!

• Nola Hack

06/02/2017 10:12 AM

I wanted you for President but am so happy you are backing Trump. Stand strong!

• Ken Bagwell

06/02/2017 10:11 AM

Nice job Mike! Hopefully all concerns about our President being a conservative leader are put to rest. This courageous act is worthy of our full support. Hopefully the rest of the GOP will strongly support our President like you have from the beginning!

• Janet Harper

06/02/2017 10:10 AM

Thank you, Mike Huckabee, for telling the American people, in an inoffensive and rational way what the pull out from the Paris Accords really means. I'm so sick of watching the mainstream media pull in politicians from the left to give their very slanted view on this action. All Americans need to wake up and use the power of our pocket books to stop the take over of news reporting by the liberal left. Stop supporting their advertisers and we'll see an immediate change. Thank you and God Bless you and the United States of America!

• Kathryn Cormier

06/02/2017 10:09 AM

So right, Mike. I heard a caller on C-Span this morning say that 100 years ago it was reported that it snowed in Egypt, which had never happened before. Well, none of our nations were industrialized at that time, so what global climate change caused that. It was brilliant! Personally, I like to take the opportunity to educate people that it's very possible that the Earth is warming. Jesus said He would never destroy the Earth by water but with fire when he comes again. That's the only climate change we should be concerning ourselves with. We are on a slow, low boil toward the end. Like a frog in a pot - if you're feeling the heat, let me share with you the way out of the hot water! LOL! Thanks for what you do!

• Bill s

06/02/2017 10:09 AM

Thank you for your support of our president.

• Tom Bennett

06/02/2017 10:09 AM

Dear Mike,
    Please continue to maintain your integrity. Put George Soros in a super max prison and including his pawns.
    Blessings,
    Tom

• Lloyd King

06/02/2017 10:07 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    How refreshing is was to see positive feedback on a presidential act! Thank you for standing up for American industries and America in general! FINALLY! Someone "gets it!"

• Dennis C. Snyder

06/02/2017 10:06 AM

It is so refreshing to hear the positive aspects of our president than all the nasty, ignorant backlash of Hillary's money. It is so irrational for her to still be stewing over her defeat. It's not so much that she is mad about losing; she's still mad about being caught being her criminal self!

• Alice Willis

06/02/2017 10:05 AM

Go President Trump! Thank you for your interesting & informative messages, Mr Huckabee. Keep up the good work.

• Margaret Schoeneck

06/02/2017 10:05 AM

I was a bit surprised at your response to leaving the Paris agreement as only Jehovah knows how long we humans will inhabit the earth. I do believe in responsible treatment of the earth, but it has been taken to the extreme under the past administration.

• Alan Fitzgerald

06/02/2017 10:04 AM

Finally! Some common sense about the climate! It's about time!
    Alan C. Fitzgerald

• Hugh Gautier

06/02/2017 10:03 AM

Trump is an idiot, even though he announced that the US was leaving the Paris Accord, our leaving won't come into effect till 2022. What he did was to keep a promise that said he'd leave.
    Secondly, thinking he's get coal jobs back when the states he's planning to do this after they are making more jobs through the refining of natural gas, is another stupidity on his part.
    Third, that away his non-secure phones, and most of his leaks will stop at the source. He's creating news and then denouncing it as fake. This is not a television program and that is how he's treating his office.

As a 71 year old, I've seen enough stupidity on both sides to last me a lifetime. The senators, who say that they are leaders, aren't if they are willing to put up with the CRAP he's putting out. Yeah, I'm a Republican, but I'm not as back woods idiot, I'm not a total follower, nor do I believe that he didn't have the help of the Russians. He's putting up too much crap and junk to try and get the investigations to stop. That alone would provoke me to dig deeper into his activities and is immediate subordinates before the election took place. His firing of James Comey makes me want to find out what was really behind his actions.

• Richard Hewgley

06/02/2017 10:03 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I really enjoy reading your newsletter. It is spot on and echoes my views. I live in Colorado but was born in Arkansas. This patriotic newsletter is exactly what the liberal left needs to hear. Keep up the good work!!

• Bradley Taylor

06/02/2017 10:01 AM

Dear Governor,
    It is a pleasure to receive your newsletter each day. I look forward to your cogent and insightful analysis. Yours is a voice of reason in a desert of leftist propaganda. I wish I could be a more integral part of your team.
    Sincerely,
    Brad

• Nell Eaton

06/02/2017 09:58 AM

Thank you for all of the work you are doing, Mr. Huckabee. Oh! How we do need to lift our President up in prayer!!! The radicals are trying so hard to put him down.

• John Schaeffner

06/02/2017 09:57 AM

I thank God for a man who is capable of standing up and representing the average American. Bowing to the wishes of the rest of the world has never brought us profit. The world looks at us as an ATM machine and hopefully that attitude has met a match in our present president.

• Norma Cohen

06/02/2017 09:57 AM

Thank you Governor. I love reading your posts. You make things so clear. I and my family are supporters of Pres Trump and are proud of him. Pam Bondi is a good friend of mine. I love Hannity but I think he and others are giving the left too much attention. I don't like the clips where they show the other channels and what they are saying. Celebrities have gone crazy. Boycotting might not be the right word but I gave up on Jane Fonda years ago. Keep up the good work and the good fight. You would have been a great President. Thank you for standing by our President. We have met the Donald through Keith and Pam. And my daughter beverly minardi and I were at the inauguration. We were interviewed by a lot iof press and our pictures are there on Getty along with our interview. Also was in DC in front row when you spoke to NAR. I will send your posts out to friends. I assumed every Republican was receiving them but apparently not. I look so forward each day to hear what you have to say. Am disgusted by the horrible tweets that the children's author said about Barron. I wish his publishing company would let him go but then it's all about the money isn't it. Thank you Governor. I love and respect you so much. You have my permission to publish anything that I have written. God bless you.

• Mrs. Claudine Hale

06/02/2017 09:56 AM

Happy June!

Thank you for your honest, clear analysis of this and other emails from you! Please let our President and all the Congressional people know that I am one of many, many conservatives who appreciate this president who is finally taking a firm stand to save our country, our Constitution, and our American way of life!!! We will be fervently watching to see who stands for our Constitution, our President, and the defence of our borders!~ I hope the Republican senators/representatives will know that we are watching and remembering their choices, either to fight and win for us, or be voted against next voting period. We have waited too long for hope to turn our country back to logical, fair choices with the choices defined under our Constitution! Sharia law does NOT have a basis in our country and should NOT be allowed anywhere in the USA! Please relay this message to all the senators/representatives......thanks! from Georgia, Mrs. C. Hale

• jocelyn grimm

06/02/2017 09:55 AM

Bravo, President Trump and thank you Gov. Huckabee. Thank you President Trump for keeping your word!
    jocelyn grimm

• Barbara Riefners

06/02/2017 09:53 AM

Great article Mike. You always explain things so well and give us the info we need. I think Trump is doing a great job and so are you!

• Rosemarie Ledoux

06/02/2017 09:49 AM

Finally!!!!! A President that does what he promises,,protect the American people.... He needs to know that we the Christian,conservative,ethical peoples support him......

• Rita Carlson

06/02/2017 09:46 AM

Mike, I ALWAYS go to your comments first because I know I will get the honest to goodness truth from you! Thank you for being you and for keeping us informed with reality and honesty. Keep up the good work and I will keep on reading and believing!

• Mary Faith Elson Suarez

06/02/2017 09:43 AM

Thank you for sharing the President's speech on the Paris climate accord. My husband and I watched the entire speech and we were thrilled by it. We pray all the time that he and all of our leaders will be led by God in all things and apparently he is. Now that you have written this article, I can share it with all of my friends who were unable to see the speech itself.

• Mary Faith Elson Suarez

06/02/2017 09:42 AM

• James Barnett

06/02/2017 09:42 AM

Thanks for sharing this story Mike, keep up the great reporting! Carbon Control let's see what does that cover? For one the Atomic number of Carbon is 666 and second everything on the planet is made of Carbon! So if you Tax and Control Carbon you guessed it, you control everything on the planet, of course that is Carbon based! This is just another in a long line of Globalist schemes, to use a crisis to justify a Global Governing body, of course to save us, from ourselves! Poverty didn't work, Drugs didn't work, Police actions and Terrorism hasn't worked, so the Antichrist followers have chosen a Carbon Apocalypse, of Climate catastrophe to convince the Sheeple of the world, that now is the time! And thanks to endless years of Democratic Progressive control of our Media, Academia and National Science institutes, the common man is Ignorant enough to fall for the lies, programmed into them by a lifetime of education. Of course the real problem is that our Federal Government violated the Establishment Clause of the Constitution, when they promoted Relativistic Secular Humanism as our State Funded Religion and even had the SCOTUS declare it as our countries federal collective Religion! But hey Mike don't hold your breath, waiting for the Lamestream Progressive Media to report this, or for States to oppose this Federal Tyranny! Thanks and Have a Great Day!

• Lloyd Luthringer

06/02/2017 09:40 AM

Dear Mike,
    I enjoy reading your news letter everyday and send it to friends. I also file them in a folder for future reference. It is always the left that has a problem with doing what is right for the PEOPLE of America. God gave us this nation and we need to do what is in the best interest of those who live here. God is the provider He has given us a great place to live and we have an obligation to take care of what He has given us as a people. God is the one who takes care of His Planet. God created it and has taken care of it. Man has nothing to do with it, God has maintained it since Creation and it is always at His pleasure. Man cannot violate God's rule unless He orders it. In conclusion God is the Master Environmentalist of His Creation.

• June Kresge

06/02/2017 09:34 AM

Dear Gov. Huckabee:
    I enjoy your opinions and love how you express yourself! Keep up the good work defending our President. So glad he is pulling out of the Paris Crooked-Climate contract! God bless you!

• Chuck Pearson

06/02/2017 09:32 AM

When do environmental wackos realize radioactive contamination of the Pacific Ocean and resultant destruction of seafood by Fukushima meltdown needs attention of world leadership, not ephemeral climate change?

June 2, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Kimberly Saulsbury

06/02/2017 11:28 AM

• Sandy Quinn

06/02/2017 11:19 AM

• Nancy Knauss

06/02/2017 11:16 AM

• Louis Harrell

06/02/2017 11:13 AM

• Douglas Waggoner

06/02/2017 11:12 AM

Trump did good yesterday. He is keeping promises.
    I support every move he has made so far.
    Keep up the support & good efforts.

• Don Edwards

06/02/2017 11:10 AM

• Glenn Carter

06/02/2017 11:04 AM

• Darlene Ross

06/02/2017 11:04 AM

• Carolyn Powell

06/02/2017 10:57 AM

Mr. Huckabee,
    I would like to say I love to read your newsletter each day.
    You know more of what is going on by far than the Left Wings in Washington.
    All I can say is (Amen) For President Trump for pulling out of the Paris deal.
    If all the left wing Democrats & some Republicans would get under the bed

06/02/2017 10:45 AM

• Irina Hansen

06/02/2017 10:44 AM

Hi Mike,

• Marc Jeric

06/02/2017 10:42 AM

3) Climate Change hoax; remedy – see above.

• John Clark

06/02/2017 10:24 AM

• Linda Dickson-Smith

06/02/2017 10:21 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee,

• Stephana Holmes

06/02/2017 10:14 AM

I am 100% behind President Trump all the way !!!! Great, Fantastic Speech !!!!

• Nola Hack

06/02/2017 10:12 AM

I wanted you for President but am so happy you are backing Trump. Stand strong!

• Ken Bagwell

06/02/2017 10:11 AM

• Janet Harper

06/02/2017 10:10 AM

• Kathryn Cormier

06/02/2017 10:09 AM

• Bill s

06/02/2017 10:09 AM

Thank you for your support of our president.

• Tom Bennett

• Alice Willis

06/02/2017 10:05 AM

• Margaret Schoeneck

06/02/2017 10:05 AM

• Alan Fitzgerald

06/02/2017 10:04 AM

Finally! Some common sense about the climate! It's about time!
    Alan C. Fitzgerald