June 2, 2017

As expected, President Trump announced that he is pulling the US out of the Paris Climate Accord. Before the announcement was even made, reaction on the left (and among various corporations that were no doubt salivating over the potential to profit from it) was so overheated that it contributed more to global warming than CO2 does. Trump left the possibility open to crafting a new deal that wouldn’t be as expensive to the US and as destructive to our economy and sovereignty. Refreshingly, he said that as President, his obligation is to the American people. And he did what I was hoping he would do: he used the podium to explain in detail to the American people what the Paris deal actually requires, rather than just the rainbows, lollipops and unicorns its defenders usually sell us.

He listed the predictions of exactly how much damage would be done to various US industries by complying with the current accord, how many US jobs it would destroy or export, and how much it would empty Americans’ bank accounts, all while imposing no meaningful obligations on the worst polluters, such as China and India. He said it would export US jobs to nations that don’t have to comply, and was less about protecting the environment than about putting the US at a severe economic disadvantage. He called it a “massive redistribution of wealth to other nations” (no wonder the Obama Administration loved it.)

He added that even if every nation held to its obligations, and all the dubious scientific claims of its defenders were accurate, its own proponents admit it would result in a temperature reduction of only 0.2 degrees C. by the end of the century. To see what that represents, go to your home’s thermostat and turn down the temperature by 0.2 degrees C. Oh wait, you can’t. Even the most advanced air conditioning system doesn’t measure a temperature change that microscopic. Compare that result to what could be accomplished with the same trillions of dollars if they were put toward eradicating hunger or disease or providing clean, safe water to people in Third World nations.

At the end, Trump said if the obstructionists really think this is so important, then he invited them to stop obstructing and join him in negotiating a new climate agreement that’s actually effective at cleaning up the environment and doesn’t put America at a debilitating disadvantage.

It was a terrific speech, featuring hard realities about climate dogma that have desperately needed to be said for a long, long time. I would only add that before European leaders start piously lecturing the US about our environmental sins, let it be noted that our environment is getting cleaner as we improve efficiency and encourage fracking, natural gas and clean coal. Europe is where clean, safe nuclear power plants that don’t generate CO2 are being shut down by leftist leaders for no reason other than irrational fear-mongering from environmentalists. Talk about science deniers!

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Suzanne Smith

06/02/2017 03:19 PM

Keep up the good work Mike !

• Deb Reuter

06/02/2017 03:13 PM

Dear Gov Mike,

Thank you for the article it is very well written. And I am thankful we are out of the Paris agreement.

• Anita Moore

06/02/2017 03:07 PM

Could not have been stated in better!! My husband and I appreciate your candor and your humor as you expressed the absurdity of the Paris Climate Accord. This was simply a bribe on the part of our former President to stay in good graces with other countries. Thank you for this very understandable explanation. Looking forward to more campaign promises being kept!!

• Cheryl Jongeneel

06/02/2017 02:58 PM

Without your help I might never know what is really going on... because I am addicted to anger, I do not allow myself to follow news directly--it makes me too angry. But I am glad for reports like this that give me enough clear info to decide what I will listen to and read and what I won't. I had a good laugh at your opening paragraph... God bless you.

• James Aston

06/02/2017 02:32 PM

I would like to see Trump go on television and use a white board and a pointer that explains in clear terms why the Paris agreement was unfair to the USA. I know it was a bad deal with China not obligated to do anything while we were paying a disproportionate share of the cost. i am picturing something similar to Ross Perot's presentations years ago.

I just think the reasoning of why it was a bad deal should be communicated in a clear and concise manner and posted on a website so people who are not well informed can grasp the issue.

• Judith Bradley

06/02/2017 02:26 PM

Mike, Thanks for your comments. President Trump is correct is his thoughts and I appreciate that he is willing to stand up and tell the American people exactly what is going on.

• David Morrison

06/02/2017 02:14 PM

It seems these "save-the-earth" junkies don't know much about science. There is more than 1,000 times as much CO2 in the ocean as there is in the atmosphere. There is a constant exchange of CO2 between the ocean and the atmosphere. As the CO2 level in the atmosphere rises the ocean absorbs more of it and hold it within a fixed range. If the power that be are able to reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere the ocean will replace it. They can't win.
    Remember, plants breathe in CO2 and exhale oxygen. If the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is reduced plants will not be as hardy, growth will be stunted and third-world people will starve. Also, plants will not be able to exhale as much oxygen and we may begin to have breathing problems.
    Emissions from the sun and sunspots run in cycles. These disrupt the earth's magneshere. When that happens more radiation from space reaches the earths surface. A large component of that radiation is in the for of microwaves. As you know, microwaves heat water which means the oceans surface gets a little warmer. There are two direct results. 1. The warmer water heats the air just above it which raises the temperature of the atmosphere worldwide by a few degrees. 2. The warmer ocean surface releases CO2 into the atmosphere at a greater rate without absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere at a greater rate, thus increasing atmospheric CO2. Therefore, increased atmospheric CO2 does not cause global temperature to rise. Both are caused by warmer ocean surface temperatures which are caused by solar activity. Do the global-warming fanatics plan to put a thermostat on the sun?
    Another point they seem to be missing is that CO2 is only about 5% of the total "greenhouse" gas. Most of the rest is water vapor. Most water vapor evaporates from the ocean. How do they intend to control this? If they could reduce the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere millions of people would starve.
    It's all nonsense! God designed the earth's systems to be self regulating. There will be warmer years and cooler years, wetter years and dryer years, but all within a fixed and limited range. A hysterical response is not called for.

• carole braden

06/02/2017 02:13 PM

it seems the libs jus close their ears to any thing that makes sense- will it ever end?ive gotta quit getting so angry about how stupid some people are

• Pamela Vergara

06/02/2017 02:09 PM

Thank you for the whole truth. I wish we got that on the news.

• Naomi Jane Moellenhoff

06/02/2017 01:46 PM

Great eye opening article! Thank you for sharing your expertise in these matters that are taken so out of truth.We support President Trump fully and so admire what he has already accomplished as well as his awesome family ! Prayers for the Trump administration and also for you and yours.

• MC Stoddard

06/02/2017 01:46 PM

Our President is 100% correct in his decision & presented it to all Americans in a way that they can understand. The Democrats are never going to agree to anything the Republicans propose. I feel they will lose again in 2018 & 2020 as they did in 2016. Keep up "your outlandish behavior" & pay the consequences.

• Sarah Menne

06/02/2017 01:44 PM

Thank you for the most honest and enlightening info about the climate change program that I've ever seen. The public is continually lied to or misled and it's refreshing to read the honest truth. It's about time. Again, thank you.

• Rebecca Kitchen

06/02/2017 01:41 PM

Hooray to you, Mike!
    Thanks for explaining how withdrawing from the climate accord is a good deal. Appreciate your take on all things conservative!

• gina mumford

06/02/2017 01:34 PM

Right on. I couldn't agree more. It's abt time someone stands up for the people. I have no problem at all with President Trump. I just wish the Republicans would get behind him and back him up

• Mary D. Meador

06/02/2017 01:27 PM

Our President is a leader and very important, he is a teacher. He is very concerned that Americans are knowledgeable about what is going on. Great article Mike. I enjoy your articles and the fact that you interject your humor into them. Thanks...

• Deedy Gonzales

06/02/2017 01:24 PM

I agree with Hannity! You need to be on staff in Trump's inner circle!

• David Fisher

06/02/2017 01:23 PM

You are spot on and so is the President. I am tired of all the American bashing by countries that always want to put their hands in our wallets. We will have a cleaner environment before they do and it will be by our efforts. America is world class!! May God make His face to shine upon our country and our President.

• Faus Empasis

06/02/2017 01:20 PM

Very well written thank you, God controls climate not man

• Yvonne Bishop

06/02/2017 01:16 PM

Thank you for explaining this in layman's language that I can easily understand. Since I didn’t hear President Trump’s speech I was not aware of these things. He should hire you to do his speaking for him . That's his weak point but your strong point.

• Timothy E. Baxter

06/02/2017 12:56 PM

Plus, the Europeans are not paying their fair share of NATO defense. So, it looks like the world has gotten used to the American taxpayers paying for it all - - all the environmental problems, both real and imagined, as well as for world defense. More lollipops please.

• Sevy Gangemi

06/02/2017 12:53 PM

Off this subject:
    If Islamist fanatics are so uptight about pigs ( pork) why don't we threaten to bury the insurgents with commingled pigs and pig parts. That should worry them about their illustrious afterlife.

• Cheryl Palm

06/02/2017 12:49 PM

Glad we finally have some one who really does care about putting the country first instead of bailing out the rest of the world! Poor Angela Merkel says guess we Europeans have to start looking out for ourselves.....well it's about time...we bailed you out of two world wars, rebuilt your country, and spend millions with NATO. Why on earth should the world feel like we are responsible for taking care of every nation? Hurray!! President Trump is not afraid to stand up and say enough!
    Thanks for the great newsletters!

• Donald E. Renninger

06/02/2017 12:45 PM

Spot on!

• Doris M. Clay

06/02/2017 12:45 PM

My friend Harriet gets your emails. Please put me in to receive your emails. Thank you! [email protected]

• Ron Fazio

06/02/2017 12:43 PM

I'm ELATED that President Trump is doing this. I never believed what scientist claimed about global warming or climate change. It's full bogus. I'm so thankful that Trump is brave enough to fight back and reverse all of the miserable things Obama did to this country. I hope he's president for 8 years. He's doing AN AWESOME JOB!

• Steve Womack

06/02/2017 12:39 PM

Mike, how can we break the stranglehold on the "other perspective" on the news? I am so disgusted that to my knowledge no other person besides you gave a fuller explanation of why President Trump was looking out for America's interests when he left the Paris Accord. You don't even see the President's well reasoned speech unless you dig on the internet to find it. I fill so manipulated by the news cartel who don't inform thinking but rather shape the news. DISGUSTED!

• tom jeffs

06/02/2017 12:38 PM

Mike (former Huck Show regular and Israel Experience 2012 alum here) - - -

will you please show in your newsletter how the "consensus of scientists" used algorithms to prove global warming and when that was proved wrong by ACTUAL weather then they used algorithms to go back and then re-used the first ones to reach their desired result ? ? ?

will you please remind us of the emails showing collusion (a word lefties love lately) among the scientists at that City of London college proven when their emails surfaced and that started all this and that provided the basis of Al Gore stating the polar icecaps were melting so fast that they'd be gone by NOW ? ? ?

and please keep Sarah Huckabee Sanders updated so the President can start using all that data to debunk this whole fiction - - -

keep smiling Mike and say hello to David for me - - -

• William A. McNeil

06/02/2017 12:31 PM

Good job, as usual. Nice job of passing on the genes, too. Your daughter is doing great, as well. No matter what the Regressive Party(Dems), their yellow journalist friends in the media are saying, and the crass, poor excuse for comedians spouting. We need some more like Red Skelton. (aging myself)

• Linda Cagle

06/02/2017 12:26 PM

Congratulations Mike!! As usual, your comments were right on the mark. I am sure the left is very disappointed in our President. But according to them he can't do anything right anyway. Please keep up your good work. I have enjoyed listening to you for many years. You have always been a voice of reason.

• tomjeffs

06/02/2017 12:25 PM

AND now that reservoirs in California are overflowing will the San Joaquin valley be replanted to feed the middle class with fresh fruits and veggies ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Pat Joyce

06/02/2017 12:21 PM

When the results from following the agreement are non-existent and the cost for staying in so high, why does anyone object to our getting out. The logic alludes me.

• William Tait

06/02/2017 12:20 PM

Regarding climate changes, either Trump is blind, ignorant or just one of the idiotic ways he sees as a way to save a few budget bucks, he has lost sight of factual evidence**, which will actually cost the country more in even the short term as well as long term.
    I have no prioblem with exiting the Paris agreement, but do with ignoring those climate issues the USA faces because of CLIMATE CHANGES.

** Glacier National Park for instance. Not many glaciers left in the park these days compared to say 5 years ago. Same applies to Alaska

Cutting Social Security - Medicare will Not be good either. Its really sad COLA was only adjusted in the tenths of a raise $.2 for this year. Some we have had none lately. Vets don't seem to get decent ones either, Yet they, w, did it all to keep this coiuntry where it is. Trump can not say that. He dodged service.

• Rebecca Graves

06/02/2017 12:12 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I just want to thank you for helping keep us informed. As you well know the liberal media has colored this whole issue entirely with their slant and I am grateful that you have taken the time to share the real story! Thank you! Rebecca Graves

• Christine A Simone

06/02/2017 12:11 PM

All for it! Thank you for thinking about America First! That's why we elected you, and that's what you're doing. Let's return to common sense decisions that benefit our country. Stay the course. We are praying for you and your family. - Christine Simone

• Lynn Hopkins

06/02/2017 12:04 PM

Been wanting to say that our beloved president is looking more and more stressed. We need to have an organized call to prayer for him. I know we each lift him up, but Id like to see a big rally for him. maybe on his birthday.

• Mitchell Fillet

06/02/2017 12:00 PM

We have reached a very sad and dangerous time in our society where uninformed opinion, based on personal preferences and a small amount of important facts, can be super distributed through electronic medium. It is then taken as thoughtful and broad-based opinion, indicating that the majority of our citizens agree.
    Unfortunately, in most cases, the majority of our citizens are silent in their agreement with certain policies, such as the withdrawal from the Paris Accord. And, of course, the press, whose goal is to sell views of their information tool (which drives advertising revenue) will say anything to achieve their goal. History bears out this process, as one only need look at the newspapers controlled by William Randolph Hearst, such as The New York Journal, and their influence on building negative Spanish sentiment in the United States that lead to the start of the Spanish-American War.
    Unethical and immoral behavior will always exist. We just need to be smart enough to recognize that fact.

• Bernard Brian Budney

06/02/2017 11:59 AM

For the first time, Governor Mike, you made me laugh as I have found myself do when I read books by Ann Coulter. When you are able to make people chuckle when the truth helps set you (and even a nation) free, that really accomplishes something. I hope that you know what I mean.

• Pearl Baker

06/02/2017 11:58 AM

Love your positive spin on Pres. Trump's actions! I read each email. Thank you!!

Arkansas American

• Elizabeth F. Jones

06/02/2017 11:58 AM

Hi Mike, My husband and I appreciate your letters very much. We often pray for you and for your family.
    The comments about and the quotes from President Trump's speech on taking US out of the Paris Agreement made by Obama (not US Congress) was much appreciated. It is Past time we had a President who actually cared about our country.

• Karen A Berg

06/02/2017 11:52 AM

President Trump needs to stand firm against all the bullies in Washington and keep his promises to the American people. Climate change is a natural thing, and much has been caused by the cutting down of our rain forests! I am so happy that we have someone in the White house that truly loves America. True Americans support our new president. And I know that God had a hand in this election. For me I will keep praying for our country to be strong and stand up against oppression and want to know what is being done to stop all the muslim strong holds in America that are scattered everywhere? I know there is a big one in NYC... That is a big concern, much more than "climate control!"

• Edward Mitchell Jr.

06/02/2017 11:51 AM

Hi Mr. Huckabee, I am confounded as to how everything that he is doing and says you now agree with! When on the campaign trail you rarely agreed with anything he said! There is climate change. For someone that never steps outside except to play golf, how would he know anything about climate change except to have someone check the thermostat? When you have an agreement to work together, how can one person decide for the American people? If this is such a great idea what he has done, why are there republicans not agreeing with it? What about mayors and governors that are vowing to form a united agreement and still deal with the other partners? If there is no climate change then why are people using sunscreen instead of suntan lotion? I am an independent and didn't vote for either candidate so I have no bias either way. This is the problem with American politics, its either one side or the other, its never about using both sides ideas. The tv programs promote this stuff, instead of discussing ideas, its about bashing the other side. Donald Trump can't make America great again without GOD, GOD made America great! Also you agreed that the Russian thing was a witch hunt, when President Trump brought it out in the campaign or did the Republicans forget that he said on video its out there go ahead Russians and hack into Hillary's email. He said Russians by himself! He fires the FBI director and the next day the Russians are in the oval office? I liked what you stood for before Trump was elected, I am not so sure now. Seems like you adopted his I don't have to think about what I say I just say it and that's it! As a former member of the US military and served at NATO, having allies and friends is a good thing, but to start distancing ourselves is very dangerous. Germany will be the power over there again and when, not if we continue to go down that road they will remove our US bases. Russia has already stepped in to fill the void that we are opening with the other countries. I just ask that all of you look at both sides and not just the side you are on, just as Jesus told the disciples and Peter when they didn't catch fish, to go to the other side!

• Heidi Petrick

06/02/2017 11:51 AM

Good morning Governor, really this climate conference should have been called the " let's dig a hole for the good ole USA " for not being "useful idiots " and buying into this sorry deception. Kudos to the President and to you Governor for seeing through this and pointing it out. God bless.

• Ben and Cheryl Breon

06/02/2017 11:41 AM

I was beyond excited and relieved when President Trump made that most important decision! I was thrilled he still had all his backbone intact. They say stress increases bone density. Well, he's had a lot of stress, and I hope it's increasing his backbone instead of twisting it. Wonderful details, finally, and explanations which will fly over the heads of those who despise truth, especially when it flies in the face of their "reality". You can see how they have been "handed over" to their own delusions and lies.

• Russell T. Garland, M.D.

06/02/2017 11:40 AM

Speaking as a biochemist, microbiologist, and orthopaedic surgeon, it is all pseudoscience. I have critically looked at the literature and it is very biased: Not a single double blinded prospective randomized study. The term is called "graphiting data"; using a pencil to make the data support the conclusion that you wish to reach.

When God created life (and He most CERTAINLY DID), the fundamental ubiquitous energy currency utilized is glucose. 6CO2+6H2O yields in the presence of sunlight and through plant photosynthesis one C6H12O6+6O2. Every living creature assimilates glucose and oxygen and produces CO2 and water with every breath that we take. That is how life renews itself and flourishes. Interfere with CO2 (manmade CO2 production is minuscule in the net effect on net CO2 levels) and life ceases to exist. Pure pseudoscience just like freon destroying the ozone layer has proven to be!

Mike, you and I are similar in age. When I was growing up in the Smoky Mountains, paper mills were polluting air and water like there was no tomorrow. I remember the Pigeon River being phosphorescent purple with black dead banks for twenty feet. That river is now one of the cleanest, pristine waterways in the Pisgah National Forest. "We have come a long ways, baby"! China, Russia, and India are such polluters that they make the Pigeon River look like a swimming pool. Carbon black production in Russia is so filthy that there is eternal night with a layer of filth inches thick on everything.

I am sick and tired of self serving politicians who hate this country trying to destroy us. This Paris Accord's sole intention is to destroy us and redistribute wealth. Obama and his evil minions were the worst traitors that this country has ever known. Treason is a capital crime and they should be held accountable for what they have done to our country. Thank God for you and Donald Trump. We were on the precipice of the abyss and having read "The Harbinger" before the election, I thought that God was done with us. I am convinced that the Christians got down on their knees and begged God for another chance; I know that I did. He did so and I am convinced that President Trump KNOWS and is HUMBLED BY the fact that GOD has given him a mandate. The time for the Silent Majority to just be quiet and "not offend the little freaks and loud mouths" is OVER. It almost killed our country and still may, but I'm ready to FIGHT and there are more of us who think like I do than the liberals want to admit.

God bless you my friend and keep up the fight!

Sincerely:
    Russell T. Garland, M.D.
    Crossville, TENNESSEE

• Lana Christisn

06/02/2017 11:39 AM

I appreciate your comments about why Trump bowed out of the Paris accord for climate control. However, I am appalled at the sarcasm you are increasingly inserting into most of of your email blasts. You're stooping to some of the same tactics as the Democrats and mass media are. You (and all the rest of us) should be above that. Please dial down the sarcasm and simply report a balanced view of the truth.

• Patricia Young

06/02/2017 11:39 AM

Thank you.

• Linn Tuttle

06/02/2017 11:36 AM

Our President Trump said it all in his speech. He is watching out for America and we Americans. The economy is so fragile and most don't even understand that. He is the most wonderful person to be in this position for a very long time. Such a selfless family to continue to endure and that's why I'm commenting. I appreciate his sacrifice and pray God continues to work through him. He is an honorable man and deserves to be honored! Thanks for this opportunity to express myself honestly! Love all you are doing as well. Prayers of support for you and yours too!

• Joseph Lovero

06/02/2017 11:34 AM

Excellent commentary once again Governor Huckabee! Clear, clean and concise analysis. Way to cut through all the nonsense to get right to the point. Again, well done.

• Richard Featherstone

06/02/2017 11:30 AM

I am totally supportive of Mr. Trump's pulling out of the Paris accord. As explained in detail (which we had never heard before) it makes good sense that the USA pulls out -- that REALLY MAKES US A LEADER - a leader in trying to do things the RIGHT way rather than the politically correct way. YEA TO TRUMP!! Make America great again.

• Kevin Francis Smith

06/02/2017 11:30 AM

Thank you sir! Well said! I am extremely proud of our President. And your daughter is doing an amazing job working for him. You should be proud...you raised her right! Thank you!

June 2, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Suzanne Smith

06/02/2017 03:19 PM

Keep up the good work Mike !

• Deb Reuter

• David Morrison

06/02/2017 02:14 PM

• carole braden

06/02/2017 02:13 PM

• Pamela Vergara

06/02/2017 02:09 PM

Thank you for the whole truth. I wish we got that on the news.

• Naomi Jane Moellenhoff

• gina mumford

06/02/2017 01:34 PM

• Mary D. Meador

06/02/2017 01:27 PM

• Deedy Gonzales

06/02/2017 01:24 PM

I agree with Hannity! You need to be on staff in Trump's inner circle!

• David Fisher

06/02/2017 01:23 PM

• Faus Empasis

06/02/2017 01:20 PM

Very well written thank you, God controls climate not man

• Yvonne Bishop

06/02/2017 01:16 PM

• Timothy E. Baxter

06/02/2017 12:56 PM

• Sevy Gangemi

06/02/2017 12:53 PM

Off this subject:

• Cheryl Palm

06/02/2017 12:49 PM

Thanks for the great newsletters!

• Donald E. Renninger

• Edward Mitchell Jr.

06/02/2017 11:51 AM

• Heidi Petrick

06/02/2017 11:51 AM

• Ben and Cheryl Breon

06/02/2017 11:41 AM

• Russell T. Garland, M.D.

06/02/2017 11:40 AM

God bless you my friend and keep up the fight!

Sincerely: