May 29, 2018

The official start of Hurricane Season seems like an appropriate time to take a hard look at “Crossfire Hurricane” –- the FBI’s investigation into alleged “collusion” with Russia that led to the unchecked travesty that is the Mueller probe –- and to just come out and call it what it is.

That's even if we have to put a few quarters in the swear jar. This may be one of those times when it’s impossible to avoid using a few bad words to describe a very bad thing. God forgives.

For it’s now perfectly clear, even before we see that long-awaited IG report, that “Crossfire Hurricane” was the weaponization of the intelligence community to ensure the expected victory of the presidential candidate who’d been anointed as the successor to the outgoing President. The FBI did this by sabotaging the campaign of her challenger, with input from the head of the CIA. They used unverified garbage from a British ex-spy that was paid for by his opponent, hid that fact from the FISA judges who approved their applications for warrants to surveil associates of his campaign, and used at least one SPY (yes, that is the word) to pick around the edges of the campaign and get the “Russia” investigation off the ground even before they’d opened an official counterintelligence case.

They chose not to inform the candidate of their so-called concerns. They also chose not to similarly infiltrate the candidacy of the Anointed One, even though she and her husband had received a great deal of money from Russians and appeared to have been running a pay-for-play scheme at the State Department (hard to prove, though, because of all the evidence she’s destroyed).

When her opponent won anyway, the FBI investigation into his campaign became an all-powerful special counsel probe, designed to “persist” until some evidence of a crime –- any crime –- could be found. The new President’s associates were indicted on years-old allegations that had nothing at all to do with Russian collusion, in the hope, as one presiding judge pointed out, that one of them might “sing,” or even “compose” to get a deal. Complicating all this is that the attorney general is mysteriously missing in action and his deputy has too many conflicts of interest to be overseeing it.

The plan also included strategic leaking to friends in the media (some of the leakers are now working as contributors for those very news outlets) while stonewalling the Senators and members of Congress whom the Constitution directs to oversee their actions. They denied the committees’ requests for interviews. They ignored subpoenas for key documents. They redacted mightily, to hide their own actions. They threatened the President with charges of obstruction of justice if he ordered them to comply or moved to declassify documents they were hiding.

And this is where we are now, with an investigation that no one can stop and threats of impeachment when there has been no crime.

To make a point, I’ve deliberately described what “Crossfire Hurricane” was –- and what it became –- without including people’s names, particularly the name of the target of all this: President Donald J. Trump. That’s because for many people, something about the name “Trump” excuses anything directed at him, no matter how dishonest, unconstitutional or downright crazy. It excuses fake “dossiers,” fraudulent FISA applications, criminal leaks of classified material, “confidential informants” (spies), and even bloody severed heads. If I were to describe all of the above as happening to TRUMP, “anti-Trumpers” would just read along, nod their heads and say, “Yeah, get him!” Take Trump’s name out of this scenario, though, and anyone, even the most rabid anti-Trumper, should be able to see just how horrific and obviously dangerous to America it is.

As Kim Strassel points out in her most recent column in the Wall Street Journal, the actions of the Justice Department are the real constitutional crisis here, not those of Trump in ordering the Justice Department to do what it’s supposed to do; namely, comply with investigative committees and pony up the documents in question. Also, the President should use his authority to declassify everything to the fullest extent possible. That move would not be taken to undermine the investigation but to get to the truth, which is what an investigation is supposed to reveal.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• James

05/29/2018 12:04 PM

This may not be the Christian point of view but I strongly feel that key top Democrats and media personalities should experience Gitmo firsthand as "a ceremony to explore the possibility of decommissioning the facilities". Invite them inside to walk through and then lock them up inside for at least thirty plus days as co- conspirators charged in attempts to overthrow the office of President. As much as I may disagree with Bernie Sanders he is not one of these. He was attacked by them during the primary. I would like to see Bernie be a key witness in a Senate investigation into what happened to him during the primaries. The deck was stacked against him by totalitarian "centrists" in the DNC. I reluctantly voted for Trump but only after I heard the Libertarian Gary Johnson open his mouth and insert foot. Catching DJT apologize to any he may have hurt by words he spoke captured my vote. I really don't want harm to come to weird Democrats in Congress but the Bible passage about "knowing the truth but believing a lie" greatly applies.

• Thomas Buchner

05/29/2018 12:00 PM

Hey my friend! In reference to a comment you made in your Hurricane Season article. Know you were joking (at least I think you were) about putting money in the swear jar and that God forgives, but feel we as Christians should be very careful about telling others it is okay to sin ("impossible to avoid") and ask God for forgiveness later. You can probably tell I'm not of the Catholic line! :)

• Susan M Havlicek

05/29/2018 11:59 AM

I can not understand why dems get away with this garbage and think we are the criminals. They are and have been corrupt for so long they they do not know right from wrong anymore and it needs to stop now. I am so glad Trump is president, God knew what he was doing thankfully. I appreciate your honest and straightforward information you share thank you.

• Jody Robinson

05/29/2018 11:56 AM

A former assistant director of the FBI was on FOX this morning, saying he was angry with Comey's
    law-breaking and his on-going campaign of hate and anger. There are several FBI employees begging to be subpoena'd so they can testify about his criminal activities without repercussions. Jeff Sessions should grow a spine and resign, or the president should fire him! He is the problem! In this critical time, we need a real man in the office who will do what is right and dump every last agent who let his politics rule his actions!

• Janice Roberts

05/29/2018 11:55 AM

All of this information is out but nothing is being done about it! I believe God put Trump in office so I am praying every day that He will have Trump exonerated and the Obama administration will be prosicuted for all their crimes!

• Amelia Little

05/29/2018 11:50 AM

On the North Korea summit, I just have to laugh at the msm blowing back and forth about it. When it was on, OMG, how terrible, Trump is making a mistake, he doesn't know what he's doing, blah, blah, blah!! When it was off--same song, second verse, pretty much--NOW it's so terrible it's off, etc etc etc. Then, the other day, there was talk about maybe it would be held, as scheduled on June 12. I haven't heard so much of the terrible idea so much, but I did hear at least some saying--it can't be so soon!!! There isn't time to prepare!!! Hello---Trump had already been preparing for the June 12 date--do the morons think all preparation stopped when it was called off? They must not have been paying attention when he also said he was open to commencing with the summit if certain terms were met. And I would suppose the majority of the preparation had already been done by the time it was called off, because I'm pretty sure President Trump isn't the type to wait til the last minute for preparation!!! Some of them might be morons, but I'm pretty sure President Trump isn't!!!!

• Joseph Trokey

05/29/2018 11:49 AM

I know all involved really don't care, at least at this point, that Gods hand is always moving in the affairs of man. Throughout Gods word is example after example. One of these days they will find out what it really means to mock God and to tell you the truth I really feel sorry for them. The years spent on this earth are very short indeed and eternity waits. I know there will be people scoff at this writing, and I also feel sorry for them. No matter how you look at it, they won't get away with what they do and it won't be a pretty picture for them when the time comes to stand before God. God is not mocked, What you sow, you reap.

• Carol Wadley

05/29/2018 11:49 AM

Governor Huckabee, I have never been so disappointed and appalled by the goings on in our government today. The Democrats do nothing but lie, and the Republicans continue to be weak and spineless and still cannot stick together. So many of us prayed for a president that would take this nation in the right direction, and I feel like we got him. But he cannot make a difference if his own party doesn’t support him. This Mueller investigation is a farce and has been since the beginning. Everyone knows that including the Democrats but they continue to lie and repeat the mantra they have been fed. How can you win when one party is married to lies and deception? Bring all documents out into the open, Including Hillary’s emails, the FISA applications, FBI emails, Mueller emails and notes, and the Assistant Attorney General’s email, as well as do nothing Sessions’ emails. The American people need to know that Obama and Clinton are determined to turn ours into a socialist nation run by a few rich people who deem themselves more intelligent than the average man, much like the book Atlas Shrugged. We live in an evil world where no one has any respect for anyone else, and I am sick of it. I pray daily for our president and our nation. As an individual, I don’t see any other way for one person to make a difference except through prayer. How did one or two people get so much power?

• Robert L. Fragoman

05/29/2018 11:39 AM

President Donald J. Trump is one smart person. Remember from the beginning that he had suspicion that the election was corrupt and no one believed him? I wonder if he is not putting up with all of this B.S. as he is gathering evidence to really "Drain that Swamp"? Maybe he is playing with the dems, the rinos and the media as nothing seems to bother him. I think that he really enjoys proving them wrong, after they make ridiculous statements to try to bring him down.

• C Michael Roberson

05/29/2018 11:38 AM

Governor, I know you are aware of the House Republican's demand for a new special counsel to investigate the Mueller "witch hunt" as well as Hillary Clinton's law breaking behavior over the years. I haven't heard much about this since I first watched the press conference this past Sunday. Are you going to post a comment on this? I am sure the Main Stream media will report nothing. I would like to hear your thoughts.

• Robert D. Selman

05/29/2018 11:37 AM

Brother, God has blessed you with an amazing talent to express truth in the most beautiful way. Although I am greatly distressed at the condition of our nation I’m refreshed to know people like you are out there standing on the front line against the spirit of darkness that has infected the culture of America. May God continue to bless you and your family.

• Bruce Deming

05/29/2018 11:34 AM

If they don't move in on the DOJ with a SWAT team, they will never recover any pertinent documents. I really don't understand Trump's hesitation at declassifying everything, he has the constitution on his side, although doing so would only fire up the shredders and bleach bit at the DOJ. That being said, nothing is ever going to happen to anyone involved with operation "Hurricane Crossfire", without a raid along the lines of what happened to Cohen.

• Vernon Freeck

05/29/2018 11:32 AM

Who really cares if they did or didn't, we know one thing they ( Russia ) is laughing at us for all of our disconnect and now they can control things. Lets get our people together and be the nation that GOD had blessed at one time, quite slapping GOD in the face. Thank you HUCK for your letters

• Anne Turner

05/29/2018 11:20 AM

I do not understand why certain members of Congress who have high security clearances, on both sides of the aisle, cannot see the material from the Justice Department. As for the “never Trumpers” , it is not possible to reason with them. It does not matter what he says or does, he will be wrong. Not just wrong, mind you, but evil. I don’t respect or like Hilary, but .i would never treat her like oeople treat Donald Trump. I did not like President Obama’s agenda and was very dissappointed that our first mixed race President was so devisive, but I also felt he was a good example of a loving family man. I also believed he was one if the least qualified presidents we have ever had because of his lack of experience. Despite my disagreements, I would never have shown him such disrespect. I can assure you the this has nothing to do with race, one way or another. It is patently racist to say you cannot criticize a minority because if his/her color. I really do wonder if these progressives realize how very racist they are when then treat minorities differently.

• Lyndel Foshee

05/29/2018 11:18 AM

I love the way you stand and speak for righteousness in all matters, but especially the political arena. For too long the Church cowered to political correctness, when it was neither correct or righteous. I appreciate you, Gov Huckabee. Keep on wielding the sword.

• Richard C. Volk

05/29/2018 11:12 AM

A Huck comment and article that is very well said.....Thanks Gov!

• Anita Armstrong

05/29/2018 11:11 AM

I am so disgusted with what the liberals are getting away with. The other day I was in an office getting my taxes done when an interview came on the radio. Someone was interviewing James Comey. He alleged that the president had 'put his arm around him' or 'hugged' him... something to that effect. And then he indicated it was sexual harassment, stating that he now knew how women who worked for powerful men felt when they were sexually harassed. It made me want to rant against this liberal agenda! If I wasn't a lady, I would have spit. That is how disgusted I felt upon hearing that kind of accusation. The liberals will stop at nothing. They make me sick... literally. I pray for the my president, and I believe the heathen will rage and imagine vain things, but what God has ordained they cannot stop. Thanks for reading my vent. I appreciate your program.

• Kathy Carrillo

05/29/2018 11:07 AM

I am part of a 24/7 prayer call that has been in prayer since 6 months before the Presidential election......I believe it is the ONLY thing that will change this great nation.....No Justice now in the USA.......
    8-10 PM Eastern Tuesday on the
    24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call 712-770-4340 code: 543555 #

• Joseph Arena

05/29/2018 11:03 AM

Dear Governor, what is going on in the U.S. over the last 20 years is described in analogy in the novel “Animal Farm” by George Orwell. The progressives (the pigs) control everything from where the people (other animals) get there information. Thereby gaining ultimate power. I have commented to you before that the progressives control education, the news media, most of the entertainment industry and are on their way to total domination. It is truly sad that the brilliance of our founding fathers, displayed by our Constitution, is being disregarded.

• Marilynn Hoyt

05/29/2018 10:58 AM

Why, oh why has he not fired Sessions and his little helper?????!!!!!! I have to think there is some big reason, I know the deep state has threatened our president, but what could they have used that would make him comply in this case? Taking our country back will NOT happen if we don't have a decent AG!

• Jerry Jensen

05/29/2018 10:56 AM

Thanks so much for clarifying this mess. I agree that that the actions of the Clinton campaign were highly immoral, if not criminal.

• Phil Shea

05/29/2018 10:54 AM

Can a Federal Judge rule that the Mueller investigation must be concluded by a date certain in the near future?

• Santina Young

05/29/2018 10:54 AM

Tell Sessions to resign and make way for a Real Attorney General!

• Beverly A Sojka

05/29/2018 10:51 AM

On Memorial Day, instead of BBQ'ing and partying, (it poured all day here in SW Florida) I watched the military movies about our war history and challenges, some of which were commented on by actual members of the military forces. I also watched "Conspiracy", the accounting of the top Hitler Nazi brass, and how they made the decision to destroy the Jews. Has anyone made the connection of our Mueller with the Mueller on that tribunal in Germany who was tried for war crimes? Any connection?

• Thomas J Weatherill

05/29/2018 10:49 AM

I can only pray that at some point, AG Sessions begins to do the job the People expect of his office. It makes one wonder just how deep the “deep state,” runs. Oh well....as my parents have always advised me.......GOD is in control. I’m also reminded of Philippians 4:6.
    GOD Bless you!

May 29, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• James

• Anne Turner

05/29/2018 11:20 AM

• Lyndel Foshee

05/29/2018 11:18 AM

• Richard C. Volk

05/29/2018 11:12 AM

A Huck comment and article that is very well said.....Thanks Gov!

• Anita Armstrong

• Jerry Jensen

05/29/2018 10:56 AM

• Phil Shea

05/29/2018 10:54 AM

• Santina Young

05/29/2018 10:54 AM

Tell Sessions to resign and make way for a Real Attorney General!

• Beverly A Sojka