Thousands have written me saying they’re not watching the impeachment trial or are seeing it as little as possible to avoid getting physically ill.

Copy that!  Many have also said they’re avoiding most media and are trusting my commentary to fill them in.  We’re doing our best to live up to that expectation.  If you didn’t see much of Thursday’s proceedings, a lot of time was devoted to trashing the idea that the Biden/Ukraine corruption was real.  They used the same words over and over:  “debunked,” “discredited,” “baseless.”

The same tactic was used earlier in Schiff’s House impeachment report.  As Eric Felton says in RealClear Investigations, “The Democratic case against Trump detailed in the much more extensive House impeachment report shows how language can be used to compensate for shortcomings in the evidence.”

He goes on:  “A careful reading of the report shows that its authors --- not unlike those who wrote the Mueller report to suggest guilt they couldn’t prove --- are convinced that thin allegations can be bulked up if repeated often enough.”

And that’s just what happened on the Senate floor on Thursday.  Remember when John Kerry was running for President, and his fellow Vietnam swift boaters had some seriously unflattering things to say?  News stories kept referring to them as “the discredited swift boaters.”  We never saw the words “swift boaters” without the word “discredited” in front of them.  Nobody explained how the swift boaters had BEEN discredited.  And they hadn’t been.

That’s what’s happening now with stories about Ukraine, election interference and corruption involving the Bidens.  Felton’s must-read article explains what House Democrats have been doing:  “The repetitions that stand out in the House report are the adjectives that dismiss the President’s defense before that defense is made.  Assertions or questions involving Ukraine made by Trump or his attorney Rudy Giuliani are typically prefaced with the words ‘debunked’ or ‘discredited,’ and usually followed by the characterization ‘conspiracy theory.’  ‘Debunked’ appears 22 times in the report; ‘discredited’ 15 times; ‘baseless’ 16 times and ‘conspiracy’ 56 times.  A few of those are used by Republicans --- Giuliani is quoted as saying the impeachment inquiry is ‘baseless’ --- but the vast majority are by Democrats seeking to dismiss Trump’s claims.”

It’s easy to SAY Republicans’ claims have been “debunked.”  But the report doesn’t debunk them.  House managers believe if they just say “debunked” enough, people will think that.  And that’s what they tried on Thursday.

Ironically, Felton does a great job of “discrediting” THEM.  Read this, and the next time you see the words “debunked,” “discredited” or “baseless,” you’ll think twice.  As everyone should.  Personally, I’m tired of having my intelligence insulted, and I know you are, too.

The focus of Laura Ingraham’s Thursday show coordinated well with this theme.  She pointed out that most of the media are doing a terrible job of fact-checking.  She noted a story form the DAILY CALLER headlined, “CNN Only Fact Checks Republicans On First Day of Senate Impeachment Trial.”  No surprise there; Democrats get to say whatever they want.  Schiff was even leveling new charges against Trump, unchallenged, bringing up new, unauthenticated items that hadn’t even been included in the Articles of Impeachment and including them in Trump’s ever-evolving plot to win in 2020.  He attributed corrupt motives to Attorney General William Barr, with no evidence whatsoever.  Of course, he and the others continued playing mind-reader with the President as well, attributing corrupt motives to him with nothing to back that up.  Conjecture and false rhetoric are NOT evidence.

House managers used another false premise to slam President Trump:  that he is supposed to follow established “U.S. policy” in his dealings with foreign governments.  It’s assumed he’s supposed to do things the way the bureaucrats want him to.  (That was made clear during House testimony from the U.S. diplomat corps in Ukraine.)  And today, House managers actually defended Joe Biden’s involvement in the removal of a prosecutor in Ukraine (the one who happened to be investigating Burisma, where his son Hunter was on the board), saying he did go through “official channels.”  Unbelievable.

As Jim Jordan said on the Ingraham show, the facts are on the President’s side, while Schiff has lied over and over.  To cite just one lie, Schiff said there was nothing wrong with the FISA process.  Now, in HUGE breaking news (more on this later), the FISA court is saying the last two renewals of the warrant application to spy on Carter Page were illegal --- “not valid.”  About doggone time.  Decisions on the original FISA application and first renewal are pending.

House impeachment manager Hakeem Jeffries said on the Senate floor that the transcript of that phone call contains “damning evidence of a corrupt quid pro quo...hiding in plain sight.”  Mr. Jeffries, you could peer at that transcript through an electron microscope, and there would be no visible evidence of wrongdoing.  The evidence you see “in plain sight” is in your own mind, because the release of the money was NEVER tied to an investigation of Burisma and the Bidens.  But Jeffries gets to say it, anyway, on the Senate floor, along with anything else he wants.

Wow, here’s another stunner by the House managers, this by Jerrold Nadler:  “All of the legal experts who testified before the House Judiciary Committee...agreed that the conduct we have charged constitutes ‘high crimes and misdemeanors.’”  What??  He apparently means the wild charges they leveled over and over without evidence, such as that he “cheated” in 2016.

To anyone thinking the Ukrainian effort to hurt Trump and help Hillary is a discredited conspiracy theory, here’s a huge, developing story that shows otherwise.  POLITICO had a story about this in January of 2017, written by Kenneth Vogel and David Stern (link below), but since then, new emails from last year have come to light that discuss a January 2016 meeting between Obama officials and Ukrainian prosecutors concerning how the efforts to fight corruption in Ukraine might run up against Hunter Biden’s ties to Burisma.  As Ingraham reported, the people who arrived for that meeting were checked in by none other than...the person who had set up the meeting...the future “whistleblower,” Eric Ciaramella!

Ken Vogel reportedly started working on a report about the 2016 meeting but for some reason decided not to pursue it.  In a new development, though, it was discovered that one of the attendees, Andriy Telizhenko, a political officer in the Ukrainian embassy, was specifically mentioned in the 2017 POLITICO report about Ukrainian officials who were trying to undermine Trump’s presidential campaign.  They reported that Telizhenko helped DNC operative Alexandra Chalupa by trying to find connections between Trump, Paul Manafort and Russia.

So when someone tells you that the idea of Ukraine trying to help Hillary and/or damage Trump in the 2016 election has been “debunked” or “discredited,” or that it is “baseless,” don’t believe it.  I’m sure Trump’s legal team will have plenty to say about this, and much more of great interest, when they take the floor --- and THAT’S when we all need to tune in.

• Carol Clark

01/24/2020 06:50 PM

Thank you so much for speaking truth. We refuse to watch the impeachment hearings bc we are sick and tired of the lies and lying dems making a mockery of the US Constitution and the will of the voters and bosses of all elected Congress persons. We are no longer silent!

• Dusty

01/24/2020 06:43 PM

Oh NO! So you have to sit there in Congress and listen to this garbage of a scam they the Demos are presenting . You know it is nothing but a SCAM and yet you have to follow protocol. Is there a way to put an ear piece in and listen to anything but what is being said per the Demos over and over. NO, I am not listening and tried to even go to ABC and CBS for other shows and they had on the hearing WHY? Force us to have to view this or I go to my standby HGTV. or radio. I gave up on MSNBC and CNN during the last campaign said this before I saw the lies and the fake news they tried to put forward. Before this I watched all the news. Now we get that the Pres said something to Parnas about getting rid of that one woman ambassador in Ukraine Vol, she was totally for Hillary and made it well known while in her job. So the President would keep her NO WAY? Many others behind the scenes also saying the same. Like who do you Trust? short of your own family not very many. See that Bannon is still behind this President in spite of having to move out. He knows why. So many others who were hanger ons per the President now have went to the liberals. Why his kids are there not many others to trust. Couple of the Gen so far have stayed cool. Now what will Bolton say and do? I would let him testify let it hang out whatever he has to say. He I believe backed the killing of that Iranian Gen? What is one to do today in your job as a boss whoever people take you down anyway they can. Sad Gov sad. Yes, we depend on what you now give us daily and I pass on to many friends who I also hope are passing on? Take care.

• Virginia Anderson

01/24/2020 06:37 PM

I am sick, sick, sick of this impeachment game. Not only the testimony, but the fallout as well. Here in Chicago, the headline of the Tribune reads today "Dems dig in against abuse of power" -- which might seem like there WAS abuse and the Dems are trying their darndest to fight it. What a crock! Content of the article uses the very adjectives you point out -- that Republicans are the bad guys while the Dems are trying to protect the constitution. Makes me sick, and the only thing I take from it is how truly EVIL the Dems are -- to try to bring down the government rather than lose a talking point! Can't wait till November.

• Mike Horst

01/24/2020 06:30 PM

When the Presidents defense team takes to the Senate floor tomorrow I will listen to what they have to say. As I have stated before I don't listen to anything Democrats have to say. I hope the Republicans get up there and tell their side of things over and over and over again. Then next Wednesday the Republicans must vote to stop this insanity! Acquit President Trump so they can get back to doing what they were elected to do. Democrats can start cleaning their desks out because those of us who are the silent majority are going to vote those clowns out of office on November 3, 2020 and Re-elect President Trump!

• Karen Bird

01/24/2020 06:23 PM

Can someone spike Schiff’s water with truth serum?

• Mike Horst

01/24/2020 06:18 PM

Mike...I haven't watched the Presidents phony impeachment trial since the first day. I am so tired of the Democrats lies. I have a personal belief that if a Democrat is alive and breathing they are lying. I do not watch CNN or MSNBC because they are the Democrat State TV. Any article online that I see I look to see first who wrote it before I read it. If it is the NY Slimes or the Washington Compost I don't read it. I record every TV program I watch before watching so I don't waste my time watching commercials or liberals...I just delete them or fast forward thru them. I can identify a Democrat the minute I hear about one paragraph out of their mouth. I watch Fox News every day and If they bring a Democrat on as a guest contributor I will fast forward thru that. Now you know just how I really feel. I don't think I am alone. As a registered staunch Republican I have had a enough of Schiff, Nadler, Schumer and Pelosi to last a lifetime. Yes I am really, really angry!!!

• Peter Barnum

01/24/2020 06:04 PM

Myself and many Brothers and Sisters in our military service have fought for this country to keep us afloat with freedom and our rights according to our United States Constitution and the Amendments. We are now watching the Democrat Political Party gut our souls for what many have died for, Just look at the towns and cities that have become Democrat controlled shit holes because they don't get it. President Trump has given his all to save America and We the People.

• Joni Evans

01/24/2020 06:02 PM

I'm not sure this will ever over. Certainly not in this decade!

• Mark Wilczek

01/24/2020 05:51 PM

Great read, Thanks again for all you do with honor an integrity!!! I do feel, however, you omitted an important fact about Nadler's grossly inaccurate & misleading comments (IE: a complete whopper of a lie... among others!!!) when he said that "all" of the legal experts whom testified in the house agreed Trump committed "high crimes and misdemeanors". HUH?!?! Nadler must have forgotten about Johnathan Turley's (Democratic Constitutional Law professor from George Washington University) damning testimony saying that making a high crime and misdemeanor for going to the courts (to resolve disputes between the co-equal branches of government... as prescribed by the Constitution) was an abuse of power by Congress and NOT Trump!!! Kind of a big deal to get wrong/missed/misrepresented by ANYONE... let alone a sitting member of Congress!!!! An unreal, unconscionable & flabbergasting statement by Nadler... on the Senate floor... by a sitting member of Congress... sworn to defend and uphold the US Constitution!!!! SMH!!!

• David Woods

01/24/2020 05:09 PM

good day, Governor!
    i can't for the life of me figure out why the Russians would want Trump as president over Clinton!
    wasn't she the one who sold them 20% of our uranium deposits?

• Donald Ogilvie

01/24/2020 04:58 PM

We are so glad you take the time to understand and write on this subject. We,also,do not watch/listen to the impeachment joke. Thank you
    Don and Diane Ogilvie

• Alan Doud

01/24/2020 04:49 PM

some what unrelated. but curious if this is true. Had a conversation with a Frenchman (Or so he claimed) about Trump. He had strong feelings about Trump disgracing the US to the world with his policy. He asked what Trump had done that I would favored hoping for a rebuttal. I told him reneging on the Iranian contract and withdrawing the money given them to appease the bully. His response was that money was Iranians frozen assets since they still show hostilities and broke the contract themselves by pursuing nuclear armament. Not that I am against freezing their assets in the current situation, but wonder if this is indeed the monies promised them by Obama.

• Ray Cowden Witter

01/24/2020 04:47 PM

I think that we may be observing the Suicide of a Major American Political Party.
    Their Speaker has responded to the very radical Socialist activists in her party and ignored the responsible members. From the Senate side, Senator Schumer has well earned the electorate's
    acronym "Slimy Schumer".

• Angela

01/24/2020 04:44 PM

I am sorry. I can't watch Schiff. You can tell he is lying. What a waste of time and money. Only God can so His will over our country. What an ungodly mess our country has gotten into. Continually praying that God will intercede immediately.

• Dan Broughton

01/24/2020 04:43 PM

Looking for other comments

• Ray Cowden Witter

01/24/2020 04:14 PM

I served with the PCF’s in The Vietnam War, and Kerry was such a joke even then. His patrol area was Changed to up in II Corps, because there were no VC or NVA there. The VC and some NVA were in III Corps and IV Corps.

• joseph orsini PhD

01/24/2020 04:08 PM

Trump defense should use 2 videos for comparison:
    1. Schiff reading Trump's psuedo "transcript" with Trumps "appeal" to Putin for help

2. Trump's charge of withholding Ukraine funds with Biden's bragging about bullying Ukraine into firing their AG

• Helen Corey

01/24/2020 04:03 PM

John McCain has been called on by Dems to testify against President Trump. Is Schiff holding a seance?

In above article it says “The Democratic case against Trump detailed...” That should be corrected to read “ The DEMOCRAT case against PRESIDENT Trump detailed...” There is nothing Democratic about Schiff’s impeachment hearings.

Dems are trying to disenfranchise the US voters. They have declared that voters cannot be trusted to elect a President. That’s rich. Dems want non-citizens to vote, but not citizens. Dems are destroying the US democracy.

• Mary J Pedersen

01/24/2020 03:51 PM

Thank you Governor! I am not tuning in. I'm getting all my info from you. I just cannot listen to it anymore! Even on Fox it's getting to be too much. I never listen to the mainstream news outlets, but even on Fox it's so disheartening. Seeing that this can happen to my Country is making me sick. I thank God everyday for Donald Trump. Without him we would be sunk. God bless our great Country, and our President! I have a question: How can Donald Trump hold his temper and go the the Capital and give the State of the Union address to the very group that just impeached him? Or will he love telling them what a great job he's doing in spite of them. He is just fearless!! God Bless him!!!

• Janet Griffin

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

Thank you, sir, for this article. You’re right! I am one of the millions who are just fed up with this Schumer-Schiff Sham Show!! They keep repeating the same infor in the hopes of brain-washing the non-believers, and the blech media are following because apparently they ARE now brain-washed! I rely on the Fox News folks to give the good highlights and truth. Thanks again, sir. Keep up the good work!

• Carol Mulshine

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

I won't waste my time watching Democrats LIE, LIE, LIE about our President Trump.
    What a shame & a big waste of time & money.
    Not to mention how rude & insulting it is to our POTUS!!!
    They will regret all of this soon!

• Jennifer Garrison

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

I do try to keep up with what is going on during the impeachment process but I can only take so much of the lying and Trump hate that continues to go on with our democratic "leaders". They talk but say very little.

• Elaine Knudsen

01/24/2020 03:49 PM

I googled & found the Eric Felton "debunked" article. Your link to it was broken. May want to check that & repost, if others are having troubles too. Just Wow on this whole Impeachment business. "Only the house can impeach". "Impeachment isn't criminal, so no due process is necessary". Oh boy!!!! Dems trying to use language such as "baseless" believing their saying so makes it so? All of these shenanigans will get Dems nowhere but continued embarrassment and fewer supporters, if they have any, among Americans paying attention. Twisting the Constitution and creating scandal in an obvious attempt at a power grab because the actual 2016 voters got it wrong in the Dem's heads, craziness! Constitutional checks and balances are in America's favor. Dems have only succeeded in uncovering their own dirt. They say "when you point your finger at someone else, you have 4 fingers pointing back at yourself". In this case, there is evidence of Dem Hoax, as President Trump has said and Judicial Watch is uncovering through the courts. President Trump is doing soooo much good. He will be re-elected!!!! Prayer in school . . . USMCA . . . China deals . . . Japan deals . . . great for US agriculture . . . attending Pro-Life March . . . having God 1st . . . President who fulfills campaign promises . . . non typical politician . . . so refreshing!!!!! Never tired of winning. :)

• Allen M Swatsworth

01/24/2020 03:48 PM

Sir, While I listen to the "Shiff" team drone on and on and on about how "BAD" our president is I read through this article and have two general comments. First, with the exception of the Fox New article the url links would not work correctly. I had to copy and paste them in my DuckDuckGo browser.

Second and more important was the 2017 unpublished Politico article by KENNETH P. VOGEL and DAVID STERN that has been referenced in the Laural Ingraham show. In that article I see that there is evidence, or at least strong suspension, that Ukraine did attempt to meddle in the 2016 election against Trump. There are two items I would like to share that may indicate why President Trump had or has a suspension that Ukraine is not all that friendly with the U.S.

The first is: "Valentyn Nalyvaichenko,… met last month in Washington with Trump allies, and said, “of course they all recognize that our [anti-corruption bureau] intervened in the presidential campaign.”" And the second is this one: "Meanwhile, Poroshenko’s rivals are seeking to capitalize on his dicey relationship with Trump’s team. Some are pressuring him to replace Chaly, a close ally of Poroshenko’s who is being blamed by critics in Kiev and Washington for implementing — if not engineering — the country’s anti-Trump efforts, according to Ukrainian and U.S. politicians and operatives interviewed for this story."

If I had this information it would make me very suspicious of being friendly with them.

If the White House Team has this information I would highly suggest them using this to argue against the Ukraine "conspiracy theory". Also I would suggest they used the video of Joe Biden telling us how he got the Ukrainian prosecutor fired. While the House contends that he was following "Official Government" policy that was surely not the way to do it. Also, why would our government have any right to interfere with another countries internal affairs.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

• Glenda Serex

01/24/2020 03:43 PM

Just one more volley from Hillary's favorite author, Saul Alinsky! The rules are all there for the house (I'll use capital letters when they start acting like adults) to follow step-by-step

• Carol Clark

01/24/2020 06:50 PM

• Dusty

01/24/2020 06:43 PM

• Virginia Anderson

01/24/2020 06:37 PM

• Mike Horst

01/24/2020 06:30 PM

• Karen Bird

01/24/2020 06:23 PM

Can someone spike Schiff’s water with truth serum?

• Mike Horst

01/24/2020 06:18 PM

• Peter Barnum

01/24/2020 06:04 PM

• Joni Evans

01/24/2020 06:02 PM

I'm not sure this will ever over. Certainly not in this decade!

• Mark Wilczek

01/24/2020 05:51 PM

• David Woods

01/24/2020 05:09 PM

good day, Governor!
    wasn't she the one who sold them 20% of our uranium deposits?

• Donald Ogilvie

• Mary J Pedersen

01/24/2020 03:51 PM

• Janet Griffin

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

• Carol Mulshine

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

What a shame & a big waste of time & money.
    Not to mention how rude & insulting it is to our POTUS!!!
    They will regret all of this soon!

• Jennifer Garrison

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

• Elaine Knudsen

01/24/2020 03:49 PM

• Allen M Swatsworth

01/24/2020 03:48 PM

Thanks for keeping us informed.

• Glenda Serex

01/24/2020 03:43 PM

• Carol Clark

01/24/2020 06:50 PM

• Dusty

01/24/2020 06:43 PM

• Virginia Anderson

01/24/2020 06:37 PM

• Mike Horst

01/24/2020 06:30 PM

• Karen Bird

01/24/2020 06:23 PM

Can someone spike Schiff’s water with truth serum?

• Mike Horst

01/24/2020 06:18 PM

• Peter Barnum

01/24/2020 06:04 PM

• Joni Evans

01/24/2020 06:02 PM

I'm not sure this will ever over. Certainly not in this decade!

• Mark Wilczek

01/24/2020 05:51 PM

• David Woods

01/24/2020 05:09 PM

good day, Governor!
    wasn't she the one who sold them 20% of our uranium deposits?

• Donald Ogilvie

• Mary J Pedersen

01/24/2020 03:51 PM

• Janet Griffin

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

• Carol Mulshine

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

What a shame & a big waste of time & money.
    Not to mention how rude & insulting it is to our POTUS!!!
    They will regret all of this soon!

• Jennifer Garrison

01/24/2020 03:50 PM

• Elaine Knudsen

01/24/2020 03:49 PM

• Allen M Swatsworth

01/24/2020 03:48 PM

Thanks for keeping us informed.

• Glenda Serex