As I can tell from the outpouring of kind messages (much appreciated!), I’m sure you’ve already heard the news that my daughter, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, will be stepping down as White House Press Secretary at the end of June.  I know that many people are disappointed that she’s leaving, but remember: she’s not only held one of the highest-pressure jobs in Washington for two years while raising a family, but prior to that, she was the Deputy Press Secretary, worked on the Trump campaign, and helped run my 2016 campaign.  That’s a long time to spend on the political treadmill without a break.

I agree with you that she’s been the best person ever to hold that job, and she’s held it under some of the most trying conditions in history.  I once thought that her lifetime of growing up and working in politics made her uniquely qualified for the job.  I didn’t realize that her experience as a mother of three in dealing with unruly toddlers would turn out to be her most valuable asset, as she daily had to face a White House Press Corps that had devolved from professional adult journalists into a pack of angry children throwing a never-ending tantrum because their preferred candidate lost.

Outside the White House, the tantrums continued, as enlightened liberals from the cable news channels to the late night shows to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner targeted her with some of the most hateful, vitriolic, personal and sexist insults imaginable.  Even the owner of an undistinguished restaurant (who apparently doesn’t know what the phrase “hospitality industry” means) demanded that she and her family leave, just to virtue-signal her own pettiness to her leftist friends.  I’m immensely proud of her not only for how well she did her job, but how she handled all the unfair criticism. Sarah stood up to this unprecedented onslaught of ugly, childish insults with calm grace and dignity.  Fortunately, there is no shortage of places where she is appreciated and welcomed (I’ll point out that last week, she dined with the Queen of England, which I daresay was a big step up from that unfriendly chicken joint.)

Speaking of appreciation, the announcement of her departure was accompanied by effusive praise from President Trump, who said, “She is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job…I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas – she would be fantastic.”  I agree that she’d be great at the job, but come on!  I’m already known as “Sarah Sanders’ dad!”  Leave me something!

Joking aside, everyone is asking me what Sarah plans to do next, and I honestly don’t know.  Unlike many people in the political world who say they’re leaving to spend more time with their families when that really means they’re leaving one step ahead of a doomed reelection bid or the sheriff, Sarah really does want to spend more time with her family.  Beyond that, I’m sure she has a fantastic future, and that it will include sharing a real insider’s view of the Trump White House that sets the record straight about a President she saw at close range and admires greatly.  That will be a much-needed tonic after all the fake news and muckracking by hacks citing “unnamed sources.”

As Sarah said yesterday, “This has been the honor of a lifetime. I couldn’t be prouder to have the opportunity to serve my country, particularly to work for this President. He has accomplished so much in these last two-and-a-half years…I’ve loved every minute, even the hard minutes. I love the President.”

I can’t wait to see how the mainstream media will spin that as being bad blood, turmoil and “chaos” at the Trump White House.

You can read more and see video at this link:

Here is another very nice tribute.

And if you missed my recent 30-minute interview with Sarah on the “Conversations” series on TBN, you can now watch it on YouTube here:

• Nola Marcy

06/17/2019 10:26 AM

GOD BLESS YOU! I'm so sorry to see you go, but I understand the need for respite from the worst haters in America. No one else could have handled this job! I know God has wonderful plans for you! Thank you!!!!!

• Cleta Taylor Buck

06/17/2019 09:56 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with Lumpy Hicks! Sarah, we hate to see you go, but appreciate that you are doing the right thing for you and your family. God Bless you!

• Patti Petree

06/17/2019 08:12 AM

Sarah was wonderful in a very difficult job! Now that she is "free", can she and her family go on the Baltic Sea cruise with you in August? Please??? :o)

• Sally J. Higgins

06/17/2019 07:25 AM

Sarah,
    I pray you stay in the USA political arena. I only wish you were from Missouri so that I could vote for you. You are a breath of fresh air & a great lady. You do your father proud. Thank you for all that you have endured for this great country.

• Fe Roode

06/17/2019 06:14 AM

Sarah no matter what the people says, the Lord knows you, you did your best to serve God and our beloved president. Thank you for all the hard you did in that position the Lord has given you for a season. The Lord guide you whatever the Lord is leading you. One thing to remember your sacrifice and work at the WH the world will never forget you with your stand with our president and our country. Your life legacy in that time you work there still a HUGE blessings to America !
    The most important you love God and you not shaken whatever happening around, you are smart to answer all the question with the whining liberals! The Lord is very proud of you and us !
    God bless you and your family for the new adventure you will take from this moment forward.
    Blessings to you and your family, Fe

• Carol L Hoffman

06/17/2019 04:57 AM

Sarah will be missed and has our respect and praise.

• Grace Shannon

06/16/2019 11:18 PM

I do so love and enjoy reading all that you write. You put it right out there with honesty and integrity and I thank you for being that way. Your articles are very enlightening to say the least and I once commented that "you rule". Well, your daughter is the bomb! And I cried when I watched the video of her stepping aside, not down, aside, in my opinion. She is everything I would love to be and I admire her and put her in highest esteem of what a strong person truly is!! You raised an angel, a very good one!!!

• PENNY BURLESON

06/16/2019 10:22 PM

Sarah has done a wonderful job as White House Press Secretary. I have great admiration for her. I'm sure it is by the grace of God that she has been able to remain gracious and kind when confronted with so much open hostility. I have been praying for her- that God will continue to encourage and strengthen her. I pray that she can enjoy more time with her family and that she will be blessed in whatever lies ahead. May God richly bless you all.

• Stephen Mattia

06/16/2019 10:05 PM

Governor,we love your daughter as well. What an example for all of us ! As a former campaigner in Kansas for you Governor I will say we are all proud of what you and your family have done for the Republic . I also lived in Arkansas to experience the change from corruption to your Governorship - what a blessing you all have been to many. Please- please-keep up the great work.

• Lucille Yuen

06/16/2019 09:51 PM

Sarah has been an extraordinary Press Secretary. She has my gratitude for having accepted this hard job. She truly served her country. I just sent birthday wishes to Mrs. Trump and then to the President for being our courageous representatives. I would join millions to send Sarah thanks for her service to our beleaguered country. I hope we will get a strong and intelligent patriot for our next Press Secretary, and will pray fervently for that! God bless you and your beautiful and good family!

• Linda Keen

06/16/2019 09:51 PM

So sorry to hear about Sarah. She has been the best. Hope that her replacement takes lessons from her. With all of the babies to deal with, it sure takes patience that I don't have. May God Bless.

• Lucille Yuen

06/16/2019 09:47 PM

Sarah has been an extraordinary Press Secretary. She has my gratitude for having accepting this job for the American people who love this country. She truly served her country. I just sent birthday wishes to Mrs. Trump and then to the President for being our courageous representatives. I would join millions to send Sarah thanks for her service to our beleaguered country. I hope we will get a strong and intelligent patriot for our next Press Secretary. I will pray fervently for that! God bless you and your beautiful and good family!

• Johna J Meyer

06/16/2019 09:46 PM

Data has done wonderful job and I and lots of America hate to see her go. Kids grow so fast and families need there Mom. Best wishes for a great life

• Anita Mule

06/16/2019 09:27 PM

I can't add a word to Lumpy Hicks' superb assessment of Sarah's accomplishments. all I can add is "Amen".

• Michael Galloway

06/16/2019 08:48 PM

I believe that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was indeed the best press secretary the White House has ever had. Enjoyed seeing her bring such truth, professionalism and leadership to that very stressful position, mainly because of the constant barrage and disrespect from the mainstream media and others. But so many Americans saw exactly what I saw: a truly professional, high standards and honesty brought to the position of WH press secretary. She will be truly missed, but also nothing but prayers, blessings and the best being hoped for her, as she now gets to spend more time with her family and any future endeavors she decides to pursue.
    At the time of my comment, 688 people have made mostly favorable comments and praise and that speaks volumes of who Sarah Huckabee Sanders is (not that we already didn't know it!) and that she is going to be very much missed.

• Rod Bennett

06/16/2019 08:34 PM

I usually don’t post but here goes... Sarah is a beautiful competent women and sad she is leaving, but I understand. Happy Father’s Day Mike on raising a great daughter who will be missed!

• Janell Vickers

06/16/2019 07:26 PM

Sarah - Thank you for being so strong to the liberal news media and supporting President Trump. We appreciate you reporting the truth. You have done a fantastic job! You are going to be missed. You have been a great role model for women. May peace and joy be yours as you move to your next journey. Enjoy your family time!

Janell Vickers
    Perrysburg, Ohio

• Stephen Snyder

06/16/2019 06:48 PM

Sarah did a heroic job, standing for TRUTH!
    God bless her and her family for her sacrifices.
    She will be missed!

• Margie Kimmer

06/16/2019 06:22 PM

Sarah, you are an amazing lady! I so admire you as one of the smartest, sweetest just all around special lady that I have ever seen. May God bless you and your family. Thank you so much for your service to our country.

• Linda Olds

06/16/2019 05:36 PM

I don't know if my comment went through (the site kept saying that I was a robot).
    I just want to say that I'll miss Sarah, but understand her choice, and wish her good luck and a blessed future.

• Linda Olds

06/16/2019 05:30 PM

I have loved Sarah's standing up to the press. It's amazing to me how hostile they are, not only to President Trump, but to Sarah and everyone who works for or with the president.
    Sarah used her great sense of humor to respond to the hostility; I don't know how she managed it. I will miss her, but I can definitely understand why she wants to spend time with her family and think about her future.
    I wish her a blessed future, whatever she does.

• Bobby Jean Perry

06/16/2019 02:37 PM

Thank you so much, Sarah, for your work on behalf of our President. You brought a grace and dignity to the job of Press Secretary that was absolutely stellar! That you did so in such a hostile press corps environment is remarkable! May you continue to enjoy the blessings and favor of God in all your future endeavors and in your private life. Job well done!

• carole a braden

06/16/2019 02:32 PM

love that girl !!!

• Mary Ann Hogue

06/16/2019 02:12 PM

Sarah, you are the best press secretary I can remember & I’m 69 years old! I wish you much continued success! You will be sorely missed!

• Joyce Jagger

06/16/2019 02:03 PM

Praise you Sarah for honoring our President and our country with your excellence and faithful service. Enjoy your family and God continue to pour out His blessings upon you.

You can read more and see video at this link:

Here is another very nice tribute.

• Nola Marcy

06/17/2019 10:26 AM

• Cleta Taylor Buck

06/17/2019 09:56 AM

• Patti Petree

06/17/2019 08:12 AM

• Sally J. Higgins

06/17/2019 07:25 AM

Sarah,

• Fe Roode

06/17/2019 06:14 AM

Blessings to you and your family, Fe

• Carol L Hoffman

06/17/2019 04:57 AM

Sarah will be missed and has our respect and praise.

• Grace Shannon

• Janell Vickers

06/16/2019 07:26 PM

Janell Vickers
    Perrysburg, Ohio

• Stephen Snyder

06/16/2019 06:48 PM

Sarah did a heroic job, standing for TRUTH!
    God bless her and her family for her sacrifices.
    She will be missed!

• Margie Kimmer

06/16/2019 06:22 PM

• Linda Olds

06/16/2019 05:36 PM

• Linda Olds

06/16/2019 05:30 PM

I wish her a blessed future, whatever she does.

• Bobby Jean Perry

06/16/2019 02:37 PM

• carole a braden

06/16/2019 02:32 PM

love that girl !!!

• Mary Ann Hogue

06/16/2019 02:12 PM

• Joyce Jagger

06/16/2019 02:03 PM

You can read more and see video at this link:

Here is another very nice tribute.

• Nola Marcy

06/17/2019 10:26 AM

• Cleta Taylor Buck

06/17/2019 09:56 AM

• Patti Petree

06/17/2019 08:12 AM

• Sally J. Higgins

06/17/2019 07:25 AM

Sarah,

• Fe Roode

06/17/2019 06:14 AM

Blessings to you and your family, Fe

• Carol L Hoffman

06/17/2019 04:57 AM

Sarah will be missed and has our respect and praise.

• Grace Shannon

• Janell Vickers

06/16/2019 07:26 PM

Janell Vickers
    Perrysburg, Ohio

• Stephen Snyder

06/16/2019 06:48 PM

Sarah did a heroic job, standing for TRUTH!
    God bless her and her family for her sacrifices.
    She will be missed!

• Margie Kimmer

06/16/2019 06:22 PM

• Linda Olds

06/16/2019 05:36 PM

• Linda Olds

06/16/2019 05:30 PM

I wish her a blessed future, whatever she does.

• Bobby Jean Perry