LYING about the pandemic, Part 2

April 9, 2020 |

The lying I spoke of in yesterday’s installment was just the tip of the iceberg. It’s hard enough to assess the danger of this pandemic without people deliberately lying. Here are just a few more examples, not from China but from right here in the U.S.A.

The health care workers risking their own health to fight this virus deserve nothing but praise. But in New York, a nurse who claimed in an apparently phony video that she had quit her job after being made to work in a coronavirus ICU without a face mask fooled CBS News into posting it, complete with background music and captions added to highlight the supposed danger.

In the video, this Instagram “influencer” gets emotional and says, “America is not prepared, and nurses are not being protected.” But on Facebook, she had admitted she left her job at the hospital over a year ago and wasn’t sure she was ready to return to work, as she has anxiety and bi-polar depression and was “triggered” by the growing volume of information on COVID-19.

Note the irony in what she posted: “The information overload can be hard for me to sift through as far as what is credible and what is not, it triggers me.” This, when her own words blur the line between truth and fiction.

Not only CBS, but now-former-presidential candidate Bernie Sanders was misled by the video. He retweeted the fraudulent CBS NEWS story, adding, “It is insane that our nurses are being forced to care for the sick without masks and respirators. The Department of Labor must immediately issue emergency workplace standards to protect our health workers, their families, and their patients.”

Finding out how New York hospitals are currently doing regarding PPE (personal protective equipment) is challenging. We went back to CBS NEWS to see what they’re saying right now. For one thing, they’re still maintaining the fiction that Trump “dissolved” the White House pandemic response office in 2018; my understanding is that Trump did not get rid of it but consolidated it with other offices. Beth Cameron, who ran it under Obama (and then under Trump until he reorganized), is quoted at length about what keeps her up at night right now –- mostly competition between states for supplies. She says that “without a unified federal plan, states don’t have any choice but to be prepared for their constituents.” She’d like to see a federal-level “logistics czar.”

Recall that just this week, I complimented President Trump on his ability to delegate, to give governors the very responsibility Cameron is worried about them having. When I was governor of Arkansas and dealing with emergencies, I saw that being closer to my constituents made me better able to determine my state’s unique needs, as opposed to having to depend on a “one-size-fits-all” federal bureaucracy. As she is one of those bureaucrats herself, she might not get that.

Yes, we've had challenges getting supplies to hospitals, notably because so many of them have been made in China for years. The CBS story does acknowledge this problem, with Prashant Yardav, a senior fellow at the Center for Global Development and “an expert on supply chain management,” saying that of all the N95 respirators we might use, half or more come from China. The same goes for protective gear such as masks, gloves and gowns. So, given the startling number of cases predicted, the Department of Health and Human Services warned there wouldn't be enough.

But the CBS story never says that medical professionals caring for coronavirus patients in New York hospitals are going without respirators. I have read elsewhere that in their uncertainty about the supply chain, they have been re-using them, but that’s very different.

The problem as I see it, whether supplies are allocated at the federal level or not, is that most of this stuff is coming from China. That has to change NOW, and Trump has been coordinating with private companies to make it happen. Still, it doesn’t help us determine the severity of the problem when CBS NEWS, Bernie Sanders and others post a fake video by someone who doesn’t even work at a hospital.

Much of the anxiety about demand is based on computer models that turned out to be wildly wrong, dramatically inflating the numbers of people who would require hospitalization. In other words, computer models can “lie,” too, at least in the sense that the predictions they’ve given us to work with are false. Though Tuesday was, nationwide, the deadliest day we’ve had, “the curve” of new cases seems to be flattening in places where infection has been worst, such as New York, New Jersey and the Seattle area, and the need for beds and ventilators is not nearly what was anticipated, thank God. Projections are being revised downward.

Of course, some of the most damaging lies are those told “by omission.” For example, we had the story a couple of days ago about Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett and her swift recovery after literally begging the medical bureaucracy to let her have a prescription for hydroxychloroquine. (Recall that Michigan is the state in which Gov. Gretchen Whitmer temporarily called for doctors in her state not to prescribe the drug for coronavirus.) Over just a few hours, Whitsett's condition had deteriorated greatly, with shortness of breath and fluid-filled lungs, and she was terrified. But later that night after taking the medication, she was already on the mend. And even though she’s a Democrat politician, she credited President Trump’s publicizing of the drug with her treatment and amazing recovery.

On Tuesday night, she and her doctor appeared on Tucker Carlson’s FOX NEWS show. Carlson has been an outspoken critic of Democrat politicians, fanatical anti-Trump media people and some government bureaucrats who are trying to get between patients and their doctors by discouraging the use of this therapy, in most cases only because President Trump has been touting it as a possible remedy. You’d think that to offer their audience hope for a treatment in the coming weeks, some other media outlets might pick up Rep. Whitsett’s story, right?

Wrong. No other major media outlet has picked it up. Nothing about Rep. Whitsett’s recovery was seen on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, PBS or NPR. The DETROIT FREE PRESS had the story on Tuesday, but even though USA TODAY is under ownership of the same publisher, Gannett, the story did not “go national."  Except for the people who watch FOX NEWS –- and perhaps listen to Hannity and other conservative radio hosts –- the story was effectively buried. This is a textbook example of “lying by omission.”

That’s why, when a witness is sworn in to testify, the person is required to tell not just the truth, but the WHOLE truth. With anything concerning President Trump, the mainstream media can never be trusted to get it right.

As I've said before, in the news business it used to be, "If if bleeds it leads," but now, it's "If it makes Trump bleed, it leads."  Here’s how ridiculous the lying about Trump and hydroxychloroquine has gotten.

If you doubt what I’m saying, I’ll let Attorney General William Barr have the last word.

William Barr: Media on ‘jihad’ to discredit hydroxychloroquine

• Robin Rebhan

04/09/2020 08:26 PM

I found a way to watch the evening NBC, ABC, CBS and etc. News with 100% accuracy. AND I sleep much better.
    On your TV remote find the " MUTE " button, depress button once, set remote down.....ah ah..
    I said don't touch it!!!

• Ron Harmon

04/09/2020 07:54 PM

The lady that used to be working as a nurse should be prosecuted for lying the way she did and serve some hard time. The media that continues to spell untruths knowing that they are doing that should also be prosecuted, disbarred from ever broadcasting again, and serve some time behind bars!

• Jill Johnson

04/09/2020 07:48 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee,
    With each day it becomes so much more apparent that the devastation from Covid-19 has actually been exaggerated significantly. PLEASE, tell President Trump that the American people want to reopen our country and get to work again! PLEASE, stop highlighting the Dr.'s everyday and move forward quickly to get our economy going in a positive direction. President Trump is smart...please tell him to stay strong and push forward and DON'T listen to the negative points of view! Thank you!

• Joanne

04/09/2020 07:46 PM

Dr . Mark Segal told Fox his 96 yr old father was on death’s door with the corona virus, took chloroquine (so?), and was better in hours. Can’t remember if he told Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannnity, but Segal is a medical contributor.

• Patsy Tapley

04/09/2020 07:38 PM

I watch your show every week and I enjoy it very much I also read you newsletters morning and night . Thank you and at least I know what I read is true I enjoy seeing you on FOX when you are guest on many shows God Bless you

• Dawn Street

04/09/2020 07:36 PM

My 75 year old brain is just spinning over all of this mess. I have tried to do my research but who and what and how much can we believe.

1. I have read about the 5G and its dangers long before the Wuhan virus popped out into the world. Seems it was implemented in Wuhan so that area is ground zero for it. Could this merely be the human immune system being overwhelmed by an inundation of radio waves? Could this be the cause of the death of so many birds just falling from the sky in so many places? Could it be the reason for the honey bees dying? Could this cause birth defects, cancer, etc. due to the positioning of the 5G cell towers?

2. What about that professor at Harvard University Chemistry and Biological Lab who was paid a bunch of money to take his research to the Wuhan Laboratory? That is also a logical explanation for the outbreak from Wuhan.

3. I don't believe the "wet markets" had a thing to do with it. These people have been eating this stuff for centuries without a problem. Why now? And people caught a virus from a bat? I have always been taught that my dog cannot catch a cold or any other virus from me. That would mean the virus can cross over between the species. Not logical.

4. I came across a video yesterday in which a doctor ( a guy in scrubs with a stethoscope who claimed to be a doctor) claimed that drinking 5oz of Tonic Water and taking zinc would help stave off the virus. For some reason, I don't know why, I do have Tonic Water. I have never tasted it before but not bad and it can't hurt. I have zinc in my multi-vitamin and in a Vitamin C drink. So Joe and I are drinking that stuff. Sounds logical because it contains quinine and it is supposed to also help with leg cramps.

5. I don't know what to think about the shortages we are hearing about. My daughter is a Commander on the USNHS Comfort, a nurse in charge of a team of nurses. She has sent us a list of things they are needing and it is very similar to the list we were told to have handy when this all started. Things like Lysol and Clorox wipes, gloves, masks, waterless hand cleaners... and we have sent Care packages to her but they are not being delivered. I guess they are sitting in a warehouse or on the dock. I have complained to our Representative. I know our DemonRat Senators don't care at all.

So what is really going on?

• Alan Doud

04/09/2020 07:07 PM

This a 2nd comment to article. I believe that Trumps hands are tied with removing the stay at home and business shut down. Whatever he does being impossible to determine the effects they will use what little numbers against him. I also believe it would be better to remove restrictions, because of the balance of benefits and risk to the economy. I am a super high risk if I get this it would more than likely kill or disable me. I still am in favor of removing restrictions. for us that are at risk it is our responsibility to take precautions. When this first happened and I heard it may be related to the cold virus I was telling people that zinc was the only thing that attaches itself to the cold virus and C was known to help. Langers frozen (not the shelf stuff) supplied RDA of this and E and D3. We used it when catching a cold or contracting one. Knocked it out in a day. I can no longer get it here. So I advised folks to try taking 25% zinc RDA over the course of a day along with these other vitamins. Later I read an article that warned against my advice saying zinc was very dangerous. During my conversations I had warned not to take any more than the RDA of zinc because you could over dose. Know it turns out one of the treatments uses zinc for the same theory I had. I think the best thing for the public is to let the immune system do its job developing antiviral bodies. I know it is only short term with viruses, but in time it would slow or even end the virus attack on society.

• Donna Bernheisel

04/09/2020 07:07 PM

Our president is so exhausted. It's time for him to go with his gut. I voted for him in 2016 because he wasn't one of the good ole boys in the deep state. It's time to get back to normal. I don't mean to minimize the coronavirus , but we do not talk about how many heart attacks, cancer, or other terrible diseases and give a death toll every day. I'm tired of the media spewing lies . There is a cure for this virus which is hydroxychloroquine. A vaccine is not needed. America is the greatest country in the world . We are not sheep. I am infuriated with the scare tactics that our politicians and media are pushing on our citizens. Please Mike persuade President Trump to get the economy going again.

• Kay DeWitt

04/09/2020 06:58 PM

How unbelievably ironic that minutes before I read this newsletter, entitled "LYING ABOUT THE PANDEMIC", I should find myself reading an article, in "The Intercept", by James Risen, who entitled his article, "UNDER COVER OF COVID-19, DONALD TRUMP RAMPS UP HIS WAR ON TRUTH-TELLERS" ......I will copy, and paste below, just two of the paragraphs from this article. Note the insanity of the title OF this article in view of the blatant lie he states in the second paragraph. AFTER I PASTE THESE PARAGRAPHS I WILL TRY TO MAKE SOME KIND OF A CLOSING STATEMENT:

"TRUMP VIEWS ANYONE who tells the truth as an enemy who must be crushed. Since the onset of the pandemic, he has often assaulted the truth in the middle of White House press briefings. That the docile White House press corps has repeatedly let it happen with barely a murmur encourages Trump to keep it up.

In the middle of a press briefing on Sunday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the government’s top infectious disease expert, tried to answer a question about whether an anti-malaria drug, hydroxychloroquine, could be an effective treatment for Covid-19. Trump has continuously touted the drug in public despite the fact that there is no conclusive proof of its usefulness and plenty of evidence of its harmful side effects. His heedless quackery threatens to kill thousands."

Mike, I now have experienced first hand the kinds of things you read that authors what you write in your articles. Here in this newsletter you talk about how hydroxychloroquine saved Rep Whitsett's life, and James Risen states: "His heedless quackery threatens to kill thousands."

THIS IS EVIL PERSONIFIED AND I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH JAMES RISEN AND TELL HIM HE NEEDS TO READ YOUR STORY ABOUT WHITSETT...
    and I WILL TELL HIM ABOUT HER STORY....AND MAYBE YOU WOULD FEEL INCLINED TO CHALLENGE HIM ON WHO, in reality, IS AT "WAR ON TRUTH-TELLERS...HE OR DONALD TRUMP! You can suggest to him that he might like to do an article on YOU and entitle it,"UNDER COVER OF COVID-19, MIKE HUCKABEE RAMPS UP HIS WAR ON LIE-TELLERS!"

• Laurie Giesler

04/09/2020 06:55 PM

Hegelian Dialectic IS the Cv-19 plandemic!! The Globalists have their programs that worked in the past, like the fifth column tactics and Hegelian Dialectic, but we are fully awake now and it just doesn’t work! More than ten times the number of people die from the flu each winter. Are we supposed to stop living each flu season??? Hundreds of thousands die each year from heart disease, ditto for cancer. Panic is not the American way! Reopen the economy! Teach the people how to use essential oils and local, organic foods to get a better immune system! Stop following the lemmings!!

• Kathleen Hammad

04/09/2020 06:38 PM

Love your voice of reason in a world of confusion and chaos, Governor. Will you please address what Bill Gates is trying to do with the vaccines and chipping? As a Christian, I am extremely concerned, and so are many others.

• M.P.CARROLL

04/09/2020 06:33 PM

Don't you find it curious that the "fake news media" have not questioned out loud why Obama in his 8 years in office did not prepare the USA for such a pandemic? Where was the "future planning" and stockpiling of appropriate medical necessities under the 8 year Obama presidency?
    IMO POTUS Trump has more than adequately addressing this "crisis in progress".
    My word of caution to the President -- Do not underestimate the duplicity of the Democrats. Every concession you make is assessed as a weakness to be exploited....and they will.
    Good luck and God Bless.

• Mary Bethell

04/09/2020 06:18 PM

Thank you for helping to guide us through the swamp of lies! I appreciate your opinions, you faith & your sense of humor! THANKS!

• Ruth Ann Giaimo

04/09/2020 06:16 PM

Any older thinking person who wasn't raised with the social media brainwashing knows this is insane. Thanks for exposing what we knew, but couldn't prove:)
    May God richly bless you. I pray for you and Sarah every day

• Laura J Worm

04/09/2020 06:01 PM

CBS is the absolute WORST to BELIEVE stuff like that without checking. Most of their news isn't journalism anyway; it's opinion! They don't even understand what FACT CHECKING is anymore. The other networks are just about as bad.
    We actually get the best News from the BBC and around the World news.
    Thanks for keeping us informed with TRUTH.

• Cathy Cooper

04/09/2020 06:01 PM

I am a retired nurse living in Florida. A lot of nurses commented on that video about the fake “crying nurse”. Some nurses said they were being solicited for comments & videos to state they were in danger & tell that they had no PPE. I am not sure if they would have been compensated for saying that, but the nurses that said it discounted the stories. The messages came in on their cell phones.

• mary simonsen

04/09/2020 05:55 PM

Keep up the good work to expose FAKE news and help make America great....

• Ellen Klapperich

04/09/2020 05:54 PM

Imagine the reaction had this medicine been touted by Biden? Of course you'd also have to imagine him being coherent enough to tout it, but I'm sure it would have been a cure all.

• JOHN MARS

04/09/2020 05:53 PM

TRUMP NEEDS TO FIRE FAUCI, THE SCARF LADY AND THE SURGEON GENERAL...DEMOCRATS DISGUISED AS 'EXPERTS' PLUS THEY ARE INCOMPETENT MORONS.

• James Evart

04/09/2020 05:52 PM

Does anyone know the prescribed treatment dosage of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ)? From all the information that I have heard and seen, such as the Hannity show on 3/23/2020, on prescription bottles, etc., it is 200mg twice a day for 5 days for an adult male in otherwise good health.

Has anyone heard otherwise?

• Mike evancho

04/09/2020 05:51 PM

I think its easier to say when people are dying they close the books andbsay covid 19 to increase numbers we need to get to truth .And what the real cause is

• Michael Hutch

04/09/2020 05:46 PM

I am an avid reader of yours and FOX NEWS.
    BUT I WANT YOU AND YOU READERS TO WATCH AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK ABC, CBS, NBC
    AND THEN IF YOU STILL HAVE THE CONSTITUTION MSNBC and any other news outlet.

Then and only then can you be informed and as they say, fair and balanced.

The poop coming from especially MSNBC, how do they keep a license? ..a billionaire owner helps

• Merrilee Tabbert

04/09/2020 05:43 PM

That’s what we’ve come to: we can’t believe anything or anyone. Many of us feel that politicians and even the medical “experts” are manipulating us with their scary predictions are unreliable models. Is there anyone without an agenda ? Bottom line; we need to get back to work. Our economy needs to quit the free fall and our emotional health needs people, families, jobs, creation and church. This cannot go on any longer ....

• Roland Revis

04/09/2020 05:40 PM

Mike I don't like television doctors, therefore, this Dr Faucci is a democrat promoting the MSM and Obama's legacy. An enemy from the Deep State, another lizard out of the swamp. We need to go back to work now!

• James Evart

04/09/2020 05:39 PM

The question now is, what liability does the media shoulder for the deaths of thousands of our citizens for their duplicitous and partisan behaviour in witholding valuable and timely evidence reporting hydroxychloroquine's (HCQ) actual effectiveness and the innability of the patient to obtain this drug because of the false narrative that they have been pedaling?

To me, their excoriating coverage, or non-coverage, of HCQ as a nationwide healing and preventive drug is criminal and may play into a wish to have the economy fail because we cannot get back to work right away without its use and they would rather see people die and the economy fail than this country do well under our supremely able president. I deem the Democratic party scurrrilous, deceptive, underhanded and murderously lethal to our countries health both politically, economically, practically and healthwise. The media, and the democratic party need to he held accountable for their tremendous dis-service to our country on the many levels that they have effectively drawn out and hampered the curtailment of this plague, needlessly causing the deaths of thousands who might otherwise be alive had they been able to receive timely treatment of HCQ which was hampered by the unconscionable bad/no press of the media on HCQ. May God judge them swiftly. They are a blight worse than the virus itself!

LYING about the pandemic, Part 2

• Joanne

04/09/2020 07:46 PM

• Patsy Tapley

04/09/2020 07:38 PM

• Dawn Street

04/09/2020 07:36 PM

So what is really going on?

• Alan Doud

04/09/2020 07:07 PM

• Donna Bernheisel

04/09/2020 07:07 PM

• Kay DeWitt

04/09/2020 06:58 PM

• Laurie Giesler

04/09/2020 06:55 PM

• Kathleen Hammad

04/09/2020 06:38 PM

• M.P.CARROLL

04/09/2020 06:33 PM

IMO POTUS Trump has more than adequately addressing this "crisis in progress".
    Good luck and God Bless.

• Mary Bethell

04/09/2020 06:18 PM

• Ruth Ann Giaimo

04/09/2020 06:16 PM

May God richly bless you. I pray for you and Sarah every day

• Laura J Worm

04/09/2020 06:01 PM

We actually get the best News from the BBC and around the World news.
    Thanks for keeping us informed with TRUTH.

• Cathy Cooper

04/09/2020 06:01 PM

• mary simonsen

04/09/2020 05:55 PM

Keep up the good work to expose FAKE news and help make America great....

• Ellen Klapperich

04/09/2020 05:54 PM

• JOHN MARS

04/09/2020 05:53 PM

• James Evart

04/09/2020 05:52 PM

Has anyone heard otherwise?

• Mike evancho

04/09/2020 05:51 PM

• Michael Hutch

04/09/2020 05:46 PM

I am an avid reader of yours and FOX NEWS.
    BUT I WANT YOU AND YOU READERS TO WATCH AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK ABC, CBS, NBC
    AND THEN IF YOU STILL HAVE THE CONSTITUTION MSNBC and any other news outlet.

Then and only then can you be informed and as they say, fair and balanced.

• Merrilee Tabbert

• Joanne

04/09/2020 07:46 PM

• Patsy Tapley

04/09/2020 07:38 PM

• Dawn Street

04/09/2020 07:36 PM

So what is really going on?

• Alan Doud

04/09/2020 07:07 PM

• Donna Bernheisel

04/09/2020 07:07 PM

• Kay DeWitt

04/09/2020 06:58 PM

• Laurie Giesler

04/09/2020 06:55 PM

• Kathleen Hammad

04/09/2020 06:38 PM

• M.P.CARROLL

04/09/2020 06:33 PM

IMO POTUS Trump has more than adequately addressing this "crisis in progress".
    Good luck and God Bless.

• Mary Bethell

04/09/2020 06:18 PM

• Ruth Ann Giaimo

04/09/2020 06:16 PM

May God richly bless you. I pray for you and Sarah every day

• Laura J Worm

04/09/2020 06:01 PM

We actually get the best News from the BBC and around the World news.
    Thanks for keeping us informed with TRUTH.

• Cathy Cooper

04/09/2020 06:01 PM

• mary simonsen

04/09/2020 05:55 PM

Keep up the good work to expose FAKE news and help make America great....

• Ellen Klapperich

04/09/2020 05:54 PM

• JOHN MARS

04/09/2020 05:53 PM

• James Evart

04/09/2020 05:52 PM

Has anyone heard otherwise?

• Mike evancho

04/09/2020 05:51 PM

• Michael Hutch

04/09/2020 05:46 PM

I am an avid reader of yours and FOX NEWS.
    BUT I WANT YOU AND YOU READERS TO WATCH AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK ABC, CBS, NBC
    AND THEN IF YOU STILL HAVE THE CONSTITUTION MSNBC and any other news outlet.

Then and only then can you be informed and as they say, fair and balanced.

• Merrilee Tabbert