Judge Kavanaugh update: the real and the fake

September 18, 2018

If the letter from Kavanaugh’s accuser had been made public, say, in July, when Sen. Dianne Feinstein actually received it, we wouldn’t have to quickly try to make sense of the crazed rush of stories about it RIGHT NOW, before the committee vote scheduled for just a few days away.  This calculated delay –- we know that’s what it was –- practically ensures there will be so much fake news, we won’t know what to think about it all and will therefore just have to delay the Senate vote.

But first, the real news:  Now that the accuser has identified herself, Kavanaugh has released a statement that reads, “This is a completely false allegation.  I have never done anything like what the accuser describes --- to her or to anyone.  Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making this accusation until she identified herself yesterday.  I am willing to talk to the Senate Judiciary Committee in any way the Committee deems appropriate to refute this false allegation from 36 years ago, and defend my integrity.”

The accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, now a professor of sociology at Palo Alto University in California, has said she wants to speak to the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the White House supports that.  “She should not be insulted; she should not be ignored,” Kellyanne Conway said.  “She should testify under oath and she should do it on Capitol Hill.”  That could come as early as Tuesday, and the scheduled vote on Kavanaugh could still happen on Thursday.

As long as they’re taking testimony, they really should include Mark Judge, the other man (then a boy) who was identified in Ford’s letter as someone else who was in the room at the time and would have been a witness to the “attack.”  “I never saw anything like what was described,” he told The New York Times.   He said it would have been out of character for Kavanaugh.  “It is not who he is,” said Judge, calling him a “brilliant student” who played sports and was not “into anything crazy or illegal.”

When asked, he couldn’t even remember an incident of rough-housing that a girl might interpret as being aggressive.

“I never saw Brett act that way,” he said, according to The Daily Caller.  He said the incident never happened and, in fact, was “just absolutely nuts.”

On Monday, Ford’s attorney Debra Katz called the incident “attempted rape,” which reportedly was not the way it was originally described in Ford’s letter.  More details here.

Something else that’s real news:  Sen. Chuck Grassley has released a statement about trying to set up questioning of Ford; he says Feinstein’s office is refusing to cooperate.  It reads in part, “Sen. Feinstein...has had this information for many weeks and deprived her colleagues of the information necessary to do our jobs...Over my nearly four decades in the Senate I have worked diligently to protect whistleblowers and get to the bottom of any issue.  Dr. Ford’s attorney could have approached my office, while keeping her client confidential and anonymous, so that these allegations could be thoroughly investigated.  Nevertheless, we are working diligently to get to the bottom of these claims.”

But Ford’s attorney didn’t do that, and Feinstein held the letter until just a few days before the scheduled vote.  If the reason Feinstein didn’t act was to protect the identity of the woman, well, that’s now been blown, anyway.  The goal here doesn’t seem to be “getting to the bottom of these claims”; it seems to be delaying or preventing the Kavanaugh vote.  That’s what Senate Democrats really care about.

So much for what we can be reasonably sure is the real news.  There were also a few fake stories going around that got played up quite a bit before being discredited.  A story about Ford’s parents’ foreclosure case being presided over by Kavanaugh’s mother turned out not to be relevant; that case was dismissed before the judge would have ruled.  A story about Ford’s horrible teacher evaluations turned out to be about another teacher coincidentally named Christine Ford; it was retracted.  Yes, Ford’s brother did work for the law firm that reps Fusion GPS, but that was seven years before Fusion GPS was formed, so there appears to be no connection.

We as conservatives need to be careful about jumping too quickly on stories that may not have been verified for accuracy and/or relevance.  That’s what liberals do –- the Steele “dossier” comes to mind as perhaps the ultimate example –- and they’re the ones, by and large, who keep “fake news” in business.  On the other hand, when Democrats deliberately throw last-minute firebombs that send everyone scrambling, it’s understandable that stories such as these catch a spark.  They soon burn out, because we (unlike some I could name) are looking for truth.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Last Night's Debate

Last Night's Debate

• Paula Chaney

09/18/2018 05:39 PM

This is appalling to me that Feinstein can even get by with such a blatantly calculated move..it is evident that it is a stall tactic..if we continue to let the Socialist Left get by with this behavior it is going to get worse and will ruin this great nation

• Samuel Smith

09/18/2018 05:39 PM

For the democrats this is politics as usual, when you know you can not win, just use the good ole standby, just us the the race, and or sex card. We have seen this works very good for them. Christ said that you can not serve two masters, you will love one and hate the other. Who's side are you on God's or the Devil's?

• Marialiceb Barone OHara

09/18/2018 05:37 PM

We had family members in our family accuse others of inappropriate behaviors. This happened during therapy sessions. It was all subsequetially debunked but half the family now doesn’t talk to the other. The accusers have tried to make amends to the accused but the accused want no part of the accusers.

• Rebecca Antoine

09/18/2018 05:34 PM

I sincerely hope that Judge Kavanaugh will be totally cleared of these allegations and he will be confirmed for the Supreme Court. I am saddened that we can no longer watch the evening news with our grandchildren in the room for fear they will hear things not suitable for young ears. I remember a time when our assignment was to listen to the news and choose one story to report to the class. Can you even imagine what that would sound like today! So very sad!

• Carol Creps

09/18/2018 04:50 PM

I am saddened by the folks in Washington DC. I do not believe this woman for a minute. Hopefully there are folks working diligently behind the scene to get to the bottom of this allegation. The bitterness over the last election is slowly destroying our country. I must put blame on George Soros, the Clintons, Obama’s and a democratic force in Washington who continue to think we are deplorable. If Those of us who did not support Obama would have ever behaved like the Democrats are behaving I hate to think what would have happened to us. Staying strong, and very much a conservative. Thank you.

• Carol Gray

09/18/2018 04:45 PM

I think this woman should end up in jail as we all know she is lying. Democrats have just become trash. If we all don't get out and vote in November, this could become our normal.

• Norman R Able

09/18/2018 04:39 PM

If Mark Judge is not in the hearing, something smells very wrong to me! Judge Cavanaugh will prove he knows what happened, and it is another case just like they pulled on Judge Thomas. This woman is being paid big money to lie, exaggerate the whole situation, and to think of all things it happened 35 years ago. Personally, I think they should have gone ahead and voted. In fact, I believe what the Bible says, "you must have two witnesses to prove you are guilty." He is" innocence until proven guilty", and I doubt this will be do it! Maybe I am too positive, but the Dems constantly lie, cheat, smear, destroy and murder people to get their way politically. Thanks for the truth in the news you share.

• Sue Breslin

09/18/2018 04:38 PM

KAVANAUGH ACCUSER'S LAWYER IS VICE CHAIR OF SOROS FUNDED ORG OPPOSING KAVANAUGH
    That partisan hit job? It's absolutely a partisan hit job.

Kavanaugh's accuser is being represented by Debra Katz, a Washington D.C. lawyer and the vice chair of the board of the Project On Government Oversight. POGO co-signed a letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein and Senator Grassley along with a variety of lefty groups demanding Kavanaugh records. This was the obstruction tactic of choice of the left for trying to secure the Court seat before they fastened on to this latest smear.
    Where does POGO gets its funding? From, among other sources, George Soros and his Open Society Foundation tentacles. And, to no one's surprise, she's allegedly a Dem donor.
    Debra Katz, the lawyer representing the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, has donated thousands of dollars to Obama, Hillary and the DNC!

• Esther Brisson

09/18/2018 04:35 PM

Mike, things like this just get so out of hand and the people that pull the 'punch', like Feinstein don't pay any kind of a price for it. She knows it's not the way things should be done...and she throws the whole country into a tizzy over possibly, nothing. Is there any kind of rule of thumb to be disciplined when you work outside the 'rules of law' in such a situation... I'm just amazed at the arrogance of the Democratic Party. I pray our country keeps waking up!

• Joe Analco

09/18/2018 04:00 PM

There has to be an honest and impartial forum that could reach the public and post information as close as to the truth as possible. So far I have found One American News Network and at times Fox being as fair as possible. Living in California gives me more concern for this states misguided future and for our nation struggle against socialism and hated.

• Joe Analco

09/18/2018 04:00 PM

• walter maude

09/18/2018 03:40 PM

I am sick and tired of BOTH parties. I am sick and tired of elected members of the House and Senate holding meetings, hearings and anything else that keep them from doing what they were elected to do. Don't send me surveys or emails asking for my hard earned money. Figure out how to get along and get the damn job done that you were elected to do.

• Alan Dale

09/18/2018 03:36 PM

I entirely agree with your analysis, in this matter Fienstien has been even more underhanded than she usual is. But then all those Democrats who supposedly represent California are underhanded, as proof, simply take a look at California, highest taxes, highest unemployment, highest homeless, streets a mess, highways and roads in need of major attention, highest gas prices, highest number of people and businesses leaving the State, yet all the Democrats want to do it is delay our Presidents agenda, shame on them all.

• Timmie Pollock, Ph.D.

09/18/2018 03:27 PM

I believe it's true that since the accuser has herself brought up her mental state and has allowed the release of some of her mental health records, ALL of her menta health records can now be subject to subpoena! Her diagnosis, history of similar incidents, history of alcohol is etc. are very relevant to her credibility! For example, people diagnosed borderline personality disorder are know to make false sexual accusations. ..and they love drama, revenge type behavior and often have at least a history of alcohol and/or drug abuse. I hope someone up there knows this! It might shorten the questioning!

• George A Morgan

09/18/2018 03:21 PM

Thank you for your level headed summary and separating the fact from the fiction. I know I am in good company while appreciating your insightful thoughts during turbulent political times. Thank you also for being an exceptional parent. G.A.M Yorba Linda CA.

• Brenda Chapman Watkins

09/18/2018 02:50 PM

We must remember, God is in control! The Dems are not aware of that fact, in my opinion .

• Waylon Bush

09/18/2018 02:46 PM

The next "firebomb" will come from Muelller, shortly before the mid-terms. Mark my words.

• Mary T Brehm

09/18/2018 02:44 PM

When this has run the course of yet another of the Dem's blatantly stupid & delaying stunts there should be a strong rule put in place to punish those involved. it should be swift & enforceable so as to discourage anymore ot these stunts. Feinstein has already gotten unfavorable attention for her lack of proper use of the letter she received. Comes under the heading of "too little too late"..actually that applies to the accuser too. Her therapist/psychiatrist should be interviewed too...(I understand patient confidentiality) feet to the fire so to speak. All should have to be put in not too comfortable position so as to discourage anymore of these episodes. A lot more to say but some of the ladies are stating to be unfair because of their sex & are being given unfair advantages just because they are using the woman card. this is totally unfair to the woman that do have a valid complaint. Come on 35 years & no repeat incidents...give me a break. How is old Stormy doing these days with her most honorable lawyer. does she ever cover herself up? Thank you

• Linda Orf

09/18/2018 02:24 PM

Separating fact from fiction is indeed a difficult thing at times. However, here is another to attempt to discern: This Ms. Ford apparently tried to scrub her Facebook page of photos of her wearing those pink leftist activist vagina hats in a few anti Trump protests. I haven't been able to find her in a Facebook search, so she may have changed her settings to be non public, but Rush Limbaugh did report it and I assume it is because he saw it before it was scrubbed or made non public. After all, Rush is right 99.8% of the time. ??

• Anne Turner

09/18/2018 02:21 PM

I do volunteer work in which I come on contact with women and girls that have been sexually abused, therefore I am sensitive to this subject and am increasingly appalled at the behavior of too many men. However, when you see men who do this it would seem to be a reflection of their general character. Women must take care with making exaggerated, or false statements. Too many consider very minor incidents of out of place complements or crude jokes, sexual garment, come on ladies, men can be boors. After time it is like the little boy who called wolf too many times. Women can use these accusations to get something they want. In the case of our Supreme Court candidate, I am suspicious that this is a spurious claim being used for a political agenda. There are women who are convinced that this confirmation would bring dire things upon them. Nothing in Judge Kavanaughs behavior in the way he has lived his life supports this claim. No one else has come out of the woodwork, like they have for others accused. Furthermore, the Democrats will do anything to disrupt anything the President wants, and I do mean anything. I was beginning to think that Senator Feinstein was one of the more reasonable ones, but she has now shown herself to be be one who will do anything stymie this nomination. The timing is perfect for the Dems purposes. They have succeeded. In causing total breakdown. How terrible to malign a obviously good man like this. Furthermore some GOP Senators are showing no character. They care not about the country, only about not upsetting their female constituents and their own election.

• Anne Turner

09/18/2018 02:20 PM

• Shirley Hawley

09/18/2018 02:12 PM

Governor, look up Judge DeLapp in Bartlesville, OK. He resigned and was the crappy judge in my daughter's case.

• McRae F Williams

09/18/2018 02:09 PM

I sent you a longer note last night about this . But if Dr. Ford is absolutely brilliant and convincing , she still might be Bi Polar and dreamed some of this up. It is almost impossible to convince a Bi Polar person that their thought waves are arching and mixing up dreams, others' conversation, radio, TV OR SOMETHING ON THE COMPUTER with their reality. Since the me too's are ready to pounce it will take skillful questioning to bring out any inconsistencies in her so call regressed memory. At the same time . Judge Cavanaugh has been GRILLED ON ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR 2 MONTHS. He does not deserve to be a sacrifice on " The ME Too " alter.

• Betty Gutierrez

09/18/2018 02:01 PM

What a sad state of affairs we have in Washington DC.I'm 81 years old and never ever have I witnessed suck vile,evil behavior in our great country,by the leadership. All of the lies and dirt slinging to prevent an honest,godly man from filling USSC seat is straight from hell! May God deal with them like he dealt with Liars in the Old Testament!

• Margaret Wood

09/18/2018 01:57 PM

Rush: "did we really believe Judge Kavanaugh would sail through the confirmation?" The real issue is abortion and the Dems fanatical strategy to defeat the confirmation by any means necessary.

Judge Kavanaugh update: the real and the fake

September 18, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Last Night's Debate

09/18/2018 04:45 PM

• Norman R Able

09/18/2018 04:39 PM

• Sue Breslin

09/18/2018 04:38 PM

KAVANAUGH ACCUSER'S LAWYER IS VICE CHAIR OF SOROS FUNDED ORG OPPOSING KAVANAUGH
    That partisan hit job? It's absolutely a partisan hit job.

• Esther Brisson

• Betty Gutierrez

09/18/2018 02:01 PM

• Margaret Wood

09/18/2018 01:57 PM

Judge Kavanaugh update: the real and the fake

September 18, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Last Night's Debate

09/18/2018 04:45 PM

• Norman R Able

09/18/2018 04:39 PM

• Sue Breslin

09/18/2018 04:38 PM

KAVANAUGH ACCUSER'S LAWYER IS VICE CHAIR OF SOROS FUNDED ORG OPPOSING KAVANAUGH
    That partisan hit job? It's absolutely a partisan hit job.

• Esther Brisson