Judge Kavanaugh update: the real and the fake

September 18, 2018

If the letter from Kavanaugh’s accuser had been made public, say, in July, when Sen. Dianne Feinstein actually received it, we wouldn’t have to quickly try to make sense of the crazed rush of stories about it RIGHT NOW, before the committee vote scheduled for just a few days away.  This calculated delay –- we know that’s what it was –- practically ensures there will be so much fake news, we won’t know what to think about it all and will therefore just have to delay the Senate vote.

But first, the real news:  Now that the accuser has identified herself, Kavanaugh has released a statement that reads, “This is a completely false allegation.  I have never done anything like what the accuser describes --- to her or to anyone.  Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making this accusation until she identified herself yesterday.  I am willing to talk to the Senate Judiciary Committee in any way the Committee deems appropriate to refute this false allegation from 36 years ago, and defend my integrity.”

The accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, now a professor of sociology at Palo Alto University in California, has said she wants to speak to the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the White House supports that.  “She should not be insulted; she should not be ignored,” Kellyanne Conway said.  “She should testify under oath and she should do it on Capitol Hill.”  That could come as early as Tuesday, and the scheduled vote on Kavanaugh could still happen on Thursday.

As long as they’re taking testimony, they really should include Mark Judge, the other man (then a boy) who was identified in Ford’s letter as someone else who was in the room at the time and would have been a witness to the “attack.”  “I never saw anything like what was described,” he told The New York Times.   He said it would have been out of character for Kavanaugh.  “It is not who he is,” said Judge, calling him a “brilliant student” who played sports and was not “into anything crazy or illegal.”

When asked, he couldn’t even remember an incident of rough-housing that a girl might interpret as being aggressive.

“I never saw Brett act that way,” he said, according to The Daily Caller.  He said the incident never happened and, in fact, was “just absolutely nuts.”

On Monday, Ford’s attorney Debra Katz called the incident “attempted rape,” which reportedly was not the way it was originally described in Ford’s letter.  More details here.

Something else that’s real news:  Sen. Chuck Grassley has released a statement about trying to set up questioning of Ford; he says Feinstein’s office is refusing to cooperate.  It reads in part, “Sen. Feinstein...has had this information for many weeks and deprived her colleagues of the information necessary to do our jobs...Over my nearly four decades in the Senate I have worked diligently to protect whistleblowers and get to the bottom of any issue.  Dr. Ford’s attorney could have approached my office, while keeping her client confidential and anonymous, so that these allegations could be thoroughly investigated.  Nevertheless, we are working diligently to get to the bottom of these claims.”

But Ford’s attorney didn’t do that, and Feinstein held the letter until just a few days before the scheduled vote.  If the reason Feinstein didn’t act was to protect the identity of the woman, well, that’s now been blown, anyway.  The goal here doesn’t seem to be “getting to the bottom of these claims”; it seems to be delaying or preventing the Kavanaugh vote.  That’s what Senate Democrats really care about.

So much for what we can be reasonably sure is the real news.  There were also a few fake stories going around that got played up quite a bit before being discredited.  A story about Ford’s parents’ foreclosure case being presided over by Kavanaugh’s mother turned out not to be relevant; that case was dismissed before the judge would have ruled.  A story about Ford’s horrible teacher evaluations turned out to be about another teacher coincidentally named Christine Ford; it was retracted.  Yes, Ford’s brother did work for the law firm that reps Fusion GPS, but that was seven years before Fusion GPS was formed, so there appears to be no connection.

We as conservatives need to be careful about jumping too quickly on stories that may not have been verified for accuracy and/or relevance.  That’s what liberals do –- the Steele “dossier” comes to mind as perhaps the ultimate example –- and they’re the ones, by and large, who keep “fake news” in business.  On the other hand, when Democrats deliberately throw last-minute firebombs that send everyone scrambling, it’s understandable that stories such as these catch a spark.  They soon burn out, because we (unlike some I could name) are looking for truth.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Judith Jordan

09/18/2018 01:56 PM

As a Christian with a firm belief in Prophecy, I find it painful to see mans rule not considered with Prayer ! Individuals seem to jump at the neglect of calling on God as they work their jobs.. This woman is a plant to disgrace a good man and make truth appear un believable..
    God is not in this.. So sad that power and covering sins has replaced honor in people given the opportunity to serve the people . Under God has been forgotten by officials but God does'nt forget that promise. That is why our government has slid downhill for years,,
    No God! That is why the left look at evil as good. Man following his own desires ends up in a disgusting place of twisted truth
    God watches and I am turning my TV off. The Spirit in me canT watch wolves in sheep clothing. Maranatha my friend.

• Sandra Young

09/18/2018 01:53 PM

My first red flag was, why did she go to the Democratic Party instead of the news media if she wanted to get this information out. Saying she wanted to remain anonymous won’t fly, she knows this is not an option....you cannot accuse someone of this type of horrible crime and not have them be able to face their accuser.
    Second red flag was, dems got this info in July...yet wait until right before vote to surface this document. Do they really think we Americans are so naive as to believe this was anything other than a ploy to push the vote back hopefully until after the November elections.

Summary : IF this allegation is true, I feel sorry for her because her credibility has been destroyed by the way the democrats have handled this affair. The republicans need to go ahead with the vote on Thursday and put an end to their thinly veiled attempts to thwart the vote.

• Cynthia Pacheco

09/18/2018 01:46 PM

I have emailed both of my Senators to NOT delay the vote. This nonsense has gone on way too long! Judge Cavenaugh is qualified. End of story!

• Lawrence E. Foster

09/18/2018 01:46 PM

One of the "ploys" being floated by the democ-rats is the idea that because the republicans on the judicial committee are all "white males", an "independent" questioner be brought in for the questioning. Dems idea of "independent" is, in my mind ALWAYS suspect. (Remember, the democrats conned George W. Bush into accepting Jamie Gorelick - Jackboot Janet Reno's DOJ hatchet girl - on the 9/11commission, and she demonstrated her "independence" by sending Sandy Berger to the US Archives to steal and destroy key Clinton era documents which showed Clinton intentionally ignored the threat from Al Qaeda). I think Grassley and the others can do a fine job of interrogating this lady, even with the democ-rats screaming and ranting in the background.

• Mark Stripling

09/18/2018 01:42 PM

Well, if it worked for Roy Moore, it should work for any nomination. Come up with a lying story that supposedly happened decades ago, thus unverifiable, never heard of in all their years of public service, by a Trump hating leftist activist who has already sold their soul to hell and has nothing to lose, and there you have the leftist MO. These people have no conscience, no integrity, no character, they gladly lie, knowing they are lying, and then expect decent, normal, honest, truthful Americans to take them seriously? Leftist are truly sick, twisted people who should be ashamed, but are incapable of even sniffing shame when they are stannding right in the middle of it. Sad humanity.

• Evan J Evans

09/18/2018 01:35 PM

Is it possible that Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Ford’s attorney Debra Katz, are guilty of subornation of perjury by having Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford testify?

• Shirley Hawley

09/18/2018 01:28 PM

Governor, I so wanted you to be president years ago and followed things about you when I saw them. I enjoy your sense of humor. What seems obvious to me is that Dems have been trying to do everything regarding to stop President Trump. The things they and rinos/haters say are far worse than anything out of P Trump's mouth. I was really molested as a child and never forgot anything. I was still a good girl. I never chose to go to a party where there was alcohol. I have a hard time believing a 15 yr old girl was forced to attend that party and being forced into a room with boys alone. If she was there, it was her choice. If she went into a room, her choice. I feel this is just another resistant move only. So obvious. Respect you, your daughter, and the President. I am 63 and lost more than some ever had over high taxes and outsourcing. My son lost his life because he was white and he and his wife had miscarriages so no children. No help with medical bills. Been through so much and 17 years later finally have hope and in process of buying a home again. Just wish I had money to hire an atty for my daughter who was beaten, received a concussion from her husband who threatened to kill her and her girls. Her rights were denied Mark Kane, her atty did nothing to defend her, and she being tried for murder one was told to plead self defense even though she did not kill her husband. He was drunk and been smoking fake Marijuana, determined to die because he was facing a felony for breaking a woman's face. My daughter got 4 yrs with doing 85% conviction of manslaughter. Now she is a felon and is unemployable. She is 39. This is another reason I get so angry with the crimes of the left. Bless you and our conservatives.

• Lauri Norris

09/18/2018 01:27 PM

This stuff is so disturbing. I am thankful for good, strong men like Brett Kavanaugh who won’t take it lying down. I hope they do put her on the stand under oath. Another paid guinea pig to do the liberal’s work of tampering in progress and in people’s lives. So disgusting.

• Leonard Lugo

09/18/2018 01:14 PM

Indeed the wicked are attacking viciously! What I saw back with Clarance Thomas & Anita Hill, is, women(women have exploited that) can now just say; He raped me! The woman,"is automatically " believed! Far too many times,she's not checked for semen,which I'm told has to be done within 24 hrs! He's "automatically guilty!" Character assisination! Changing gears,a moment, a question Mike,your a Minister, why aren't you ministering ? Be blessed PTL!

• Jane Cummins

09/18/2018 01:13 PM

Thank you for your comments and clarifying some of the fake stuff swirling around. Our side does not want to be part of that. It is wrong and makes us look stupid.

• Maria Gonzalez

09/18/2018 01:11 PM

Governor Huckabee,
    My heart is so heavily burden. I saw many of the hearings before this letter was released. I found Judge Kavanaugh to be an extremely qualified, honorable judge. The questions from some of the senators were hatred attacks.

I don’t know Prof. Ford but I do not like the method and the way this was done at the last minute when Judge Kavanaugh was to be confirmed.

As a Christian, I sense such evil, a fierce warfare from Satan against godly people.

Imagine what a threat Judge Kavanaugh is to leftist liberals. He is prolife and they are scared to death that Roe v Wade could be overturn.

I had an abortion when I was 22, I am 62 now. I’m a Christian and I’m prolife for many, many years. There where no sonogram when I was 22.
    I was told that it was a bunch of cells.
    I killed my child and God has forgiven me. Until the day I die, I will speak against abortion.

For a long time, I have been crying to God to raise up His people to repeal this horrific law.

We need to be in prayer for Judge Kavanaugh and for Prof Ford.

I’m a woman, I know that she has a right to be heard but I’m suspicious.
    I hope and pray that God intervenes.

God bless you,
    Maria J Gonzalez

• Arlene M. Bennett

09/18/2018 01:10 PM

Note: Wrote this comment on Facebook 9/18/2018. Showed video of Dianne Feinstein in 1994:
    Title: “Illegal aliens are leeches – We must enforce our borders” This video shows she is a true hypocrite! Her message as a Democrat in 1994 states she wanted borders but now in 2018, she fights along with her with fellow democrats to keep them open?????

Comment:
    Feinstein a hypocrite? I used to think she was a decent person but not anymore. She has showed us again her true colors with the shenanigans of their political games. Just recently with the onslaught and persecution against Kavanaugh at the hearings and now the alleged sexual assault charges against him that she sneaked and leaked to the media/press. Where is the preponderance of evidence or beyond reasonable doubt? The alleged victim cannot even answer where & when this happened? I am ashamed of Feinstein and those who display themselves as leaders of our country but are far from it with their hate, lies, corruption and tyranny. Their cause is evil as it is driven by money, greed, power and control. Truth, honor, respect are no longer virtues to the jobs they are entrusted with as our elected officials. These radicals & hypocrites want to get in office and take complete control of our government. They are determined to turn it into a socialistic state by any means possible. They are no longer true leaders or role models for our children to follow. They are slowly debasing our country to its demise. They no longer abide or uphold the constitution nor live by the legal and moral laws of our country under God.

• Sharon Phillippi

09/18/2018 01:10 PM

I have all ready called my senators and asked them to support the Judge. After all this happened over 30 years ago, to teenagers, the people he went to school with have said he was an honorable person then as well as now. There is much questionable about this accusation. I raised a boy and a girl as a single parent (on the wrong side of the tracts) and heard each side gossip and saw personally what teen boys and girls do. I seriously doubt there is any there there. If it did happen even as described he has more that made up for it since, and there has to be a statute of limitation sometime. He probably bit his mother when he was nursing - does that mean he is not qualified for the supreme court?

• Emily Yeatts

09/18/2018 01:06 PM

So how is this possible? His mother was/is a judge. They attended different schools. How was it she with 4 other boys ended up drunk at a pool party with no adult chaperones or at someone home where were the adults she claimed they took her upstairs how did she get there where did the alcohol come from she was 15 during those days parents paid close attention to their kids where they were how they got there who they were with I would imagine a drunk incident would get Kavanaugh expelled from school so how were they there unchaproned by adults was it in the middle of the day her home and his home or school would require a 15 year old to be transported by some means and yet this does not appear to be the case maybe she walked certainly someone had to do the inviting when my son was 15 I knew where he was and what he was doing how many more lives will be ruined at the hands of the liberal left like judge Roy Moore who character was assinated

• Elizabeth Crouse

09/18/2018 01:01 PM

I don’t believe her allegations. If that really happened to me there is no way I would share with the world and I would have remembered it all my life not years later. So many of us as teenagers did things we would like to erase so thankful God has.

• Pamela Welsh

09/18/2018 01:00 PM

Let the person completely free from wrongdoing, cast the first stone. Unfortunately, the left would all grab stones and truly believe they were perfect.

• JohnPope

09/18/2018 12:59 PM

Okay, we have a SCOTUS nominee that has lived what appears to be an exemplary life, who is considered by friends and fellow professionals to be highly qualified. Who after six FBI background investigations and enduring one of the most continuous Senate hearings ever, has now, at the last moment, had the Democrats bring forth a woman claiming that he attempted to rape her at a party 38 years ago while being falling down drunk, attended by 4 boys presumably around 17 and two girls presumably around 15, some time in 1982, she isn’t sure when, at some house, she can’t remember where. As far as identifying corroborating witnesses she could only identify Judge Kavanaugh, and his friend, of the 6 people that attended this party where liqueur was being served to underage kids, and evidently unsupervised by adults. According to this woman she was wearing a bathing suit, she had been “corralled” into a bed room by these 2 boys, (where were the other 3 partiers?) and was lying on a bed. In her own description she was not struck, she was not raped, but was afraid for her life. The Democrats have demanded over and over to delay the confirmation vote until after the midterm elections in the desperate hope that maybe, perhaps the Democrats can capture the Senate.
    This is nothing more than tit-for-tat, and it is disgusting. Democrats are trying to destroy the reputation of a good man on the basis of something that may or may not have happened 38 years ago, to a woman with an extremely limited memory of what, when, and where the actions she describes took place. How do you investigate something like this? The only possibility is for one of the other three partiers to come forward. Even then, they couldn't testify to something that was behind a closed door. The FBI refuses to investigate because there was no federal law broken. Kavanaugh’s friend has already said it never happened. Kavanaugh himself has denied having been at such a party and doing what she is accusing him of, in the strongest possible terms. If, at 17, I had attended a pool party with three other 17 year old guys and two 15 year old girls, where there was free booze and no adult supervision, I wouldn't have forgotten, even after 38 years. The Democrats are willing to do anything to postpone this confirmation. That’s why they are demanding an investigation, (investigation of what?) that could be open ended because an accuser should be able to prove their accusations but a defendant cannot prove his innocence 38 years later, with no what, when or where a non-rape supposedly took place. The moment this allegation was made, this man was marked. Now Senators and the news media are saying just the fact he has been accused should disqualify him for the court. Now her attorney is saying she doesn't have to prove anything, it’s up to the FBI to find corroborating evidence. She doesn't have to provide anything. In fact right now it looks like she may not show up to answer questions at her Senate hearing this coming Monday. Is this what the “Me To” movement is going to evolve into? A weapon to hunt down men who slighted them in the past and publically humiliate them with it until their reputations are ruined, their professional standing is lost, and they submit? If so, I cannot support such a movement.

• Shirley Casale

09/18/2018 12:41 PM

I do not believe Brett with his past records did anything wrong that this woman claims he did over 36 years ago . That's all bull and part of the Democrats skeem to put off the vote for Brett to be on Supreme court as a great Judge for our country !I am in prayer for him and his family and all who support him .May God be his witness and protector AMEN!

• Ann Charette

09/18/2018 12:39 PM

There is something rotten here since all the info was held onto for a few months without saying anything . I among many other people wouldn’t be surprised if some kind of payment were involved !

• Steven Hurd

09/18/2018 12:37 PM

When will Republicans ever learn? The demoRATS are predictable and are using the same playbook from the past.
    My bet is they went out digging and recruited an accuser to block Kavanaugh. Time to go on the offensive. Every DemoRAT candidate for Congress should know that there are people looking into their High School activities. I am sure some interesting things can be uncovered between now and the Mid Terms
    Trump supporters need to step up and let the DemoRATS and the main stream media know that we are not going to stand by and watch their BS any longer. They all need to be subjected to what they are trying to do to the President
    It is time for the people that elected Trump to show up and let them know they are in for a fight and we can use their tactics and play by their rules.
    Let's go!

• Kendra Strecker

09/18/2018 12:26 PM

I have to say Mike, something in MY GUT isn't allowing me to SIDE with this women. I do think part of my resistance to taking her side is the fact that Mr. Kavanaugh has been VETTED by the FBI 5 or 6 times and this NEVER came out. In my opinion, something STINKS "bad kimchee" here!! From what was reported this morning, this woman hasn't even agreed to Monday's meeting and that's odd on it's own. Not only that, her atty. made SURE to mention that this woman was in NO WAY trying to prevent Mr. Kavanaugh from becoming a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE.. HMMM is all I can say, HMMMM..

• DiAne N. Gates

09/18/2018 12:23 PM

Thank you Governor Huckabee for your sane, intelligent post about the insanity continually going on in Washington via the Democrats. And I'm afraid the very sad and frustrating point of this whole matter is...When you've rejected Truth and righteousness, you cannot see truth...even when the facts all point to same old, same old. And that's where Americans are today. They don't understand the Truth allows you to see truth.

Democrats have take a vow to the wrong authority and he is leading them down the primrose path hoping to destroy as many as will follow him. But our God is sovereign and all powerful and what He says will be done. And that is where I stake my hope and trust...not in Republicans or Democrats...and even as much as I like and support him...even President Trump, whom I believe God has placed in the White House for such a time as this. My husband and I pray for the whole lot of 'em every day...that God's will be done in their lives.

And we are especially praying for Judge Kavanaugh...That God will rescue and restore him and guide him as he becomes the next Justice on the Supreme Court. Our God is in control.

• Patricia Marseglia

09/18/2018 12:16 PM

Wiki: Ford worked as the director of biostatistics at Corcept Therapeutics, and collaborated with FDA statisticians.
    Her journal articles: Efficacy and Safety of Mifepristone for Treatment of Psychotic Depression. (2011)
    Mifepristone is used in the abortion pill RU486 along with another drug under two names Korlym and Mifeprex.
    Korlym is produced by Corcept Therapeutics.

• Elaine Romanias

09/18/2018 12:16 PM

Praying for truth and I know God will help Judge Kavannaugh in this situation. So sorry that he and his family have to go through this!

• Rob Edwards

09/18/2018 12:05 PM

Mike;
    I appreciate your newsletter very much. The sources for finding the truth are shrinking by the minute so your newsletter is a breath of "fresh air" in the stench of media wickedness. Thanks for the research and effort put into this newsletter. Thanks for being there. Also, I have wanted to express this for a long time: Thank you for exhibiting your walk with Christ...which is another reason I know that I can believe you and your writings. Thanks for also for stand for Jesus Christ. From a brother in Christ - have a great day in the Lord Jesus! <><

Judge Kavanaugh update: the real and the fake

September 18, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Judith Jordan

09/18/2018 01:14 PM

• Jane Cummins

09/18/2018 01:13 PM

• Maria Gonzalez

09/18/2018 01:11 PM

Governor Huckabee,

I was told that it was a bunch of cells.

We need to be in prayer for Judge Kavanaugh and for Prof Ford.

I’m a woman, I know that she has a right to be heard but I’m suspicious.
    I hope and pray that God intervenes.

God bless you,

• Kendra Strecker

09/18/2018 12:26 PM

• DiAne N. Gates

09/18/2018 12:23 PM

• Patricia Marseglia

09/18/2018 12:16 PM

Korlym is produced by Corcept Therapeutics.

• Elaine Romanias

09/18/2018 12:16 PM

• Rob Edwards

09/18/2018 12:05 PM

Mike;

Judge Kavanaugh update: the real and the fake

September 18, 2018

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• Judith Jordan

09/18/2018 01:14 PM

• Jane Cummins

09/18/2018 01:13 PM

• Maria Gonzalez

09/18/2018 01:11 PM

Governor Huckabee,

I was told that it was a bunch of cells.

We need to be in prayer for Judge Kavanaugh and for Prof Ford.

I’m a woman, I know that she has a right to be heard but I’m suspicious.
    I hope and pray that God intervenes.

God bless you,

• Kendra Strecker

09/18/2018 12:26 PM

• DiAne N. Gates

09/18/2018 12:23 PM

• Patricia Marseglia

09/18/2018 12:16 PM

Korlym is produced by Corcept Therapeutics.

• Elaine Romanias