After watching Day 1 of the Senate trial and as much of Day 2 as they could stomach, my loyal staffers, who diligently research and report on virtually everything of interest that’s going on in the world, have had enough of all this Schiff.
"There are only so many demonstrable lies a person can hear in any given 12-hour period,” they lamented. “It’s just bizarre and monotonous.” Ainsworth was praying for the sweet release of death. Finally, out of desperation, they took Wednesday evening off and went to see a big-screen theater release of AN AMERICAN IN PARIS.
There’s just no other way to say it, they told me: Schiff and Nadler are flat-out repulsive.
Besides, why bother listening to a consistent liar who falsifies evidence? (The story in POLITICO says the evidence in question was “mischaracterized” due to “an error,” but read the story and tell me if you don’t think it was falsified.) In a letter sent last week to Nadler summarizing a “trove of evidence” from Lev Parnas, Schiff claimed he had a text showing Parnas tried to set up a meeting with Ukrainian President Zelensky. The text is sent to Rudy Giuliani and says, “trying to get us Mr. Z.” The full exchange is attached to Schiff’s letter.
Trouble is, Parnas wasn’t talking about President Zelensky. “Mr. Z” is a reference to Mykola Zlochevsky, the founder of Burisma. Ah, that’s very different!  But there’s no way to tell, as the version attached to Schiff’s letter has been redacted to remove any clue, including notes from a subsequent interview with...Zlochevsky.
Of course, this being POLITICO, both Schiff and his false narrative get the benefit of the doubt: “The apparent mischaracterization, however, does not undercut Democrats’ argument that Trump withheld critical military aid to Ukraine in order to pressure Zelensky into opening up investigations into the Bidens...”  How is this narrative still standing when it has already been shot full of holes?
Will Schiff and his team ever face any repercussions for this, or for their repeated lying? As Mark Meadows said of Schiff’s four solid hours of blah-blah Wednesday: “Listen, we quit counting after we had 12 different false statements made by Adam Schiff.”
Long before the “inquiry” began, Schiff was pulling all sorts of flim-flam out of his bag of tricks. We’ve known for months that someone from Schiff’s staff communicated with the so-called “whistleblower” (never officially identified, but it’s Eric Ciaramella), but now we have details from Paul Sperry at RealClear Investigations. I linked to the story yesterday but didn’t get into it then, as there was so much other impeachment news.
Sperry begins by revealing that Ciaramella, two weeks into Trump’s presidency, was overheard talking with a close friend and co-worker about “taking Trump out.” They made it clear to those within earshot that they opposed Trump’s “America First” policy and intended to see him removed from office.
Okay, bad enough. But the really interesting part is farther down in the story. Who was this co-worker? His name is Sean Misko; both he and Ciaramella were Obama holdovers still working in the White House (!) on foreign policy and national security issues. “They weren’t just subverting his agenda,” a source told Sperry. “They were plotting to actually have him removed from office.”
It gets worse. Misko left the White House last summer to join Schiff’s Intel Committee staff; this must have been around the time when they were gearing up to be the “Impeachment Committee.” Sources tell Sperry that Misko offered “guidance” to the “whistleblower” and then worked as a top investigator for Schiff, helping run the impeachment inquiry based on that very complaint.
Sperry’s sources tell him that the actions by Ciaramella and Misko were “part of a larger pattern of coordination” to find some way to impeach the President. It involved “Democratic leaders as well as anti-Trump figures both inside and outside of government.”
If witnesses are called in this trial, Ciaramella, Misko and SCHIFF should be first on the Republicans’ list. The curtain must be pulled back on what this was really all about from the start. Democrats are insisting on witnesses for themselves while arguing that the “whistleblower’s” testimony is unnecessary because other witnesses and documents have corroborated his complaint. Not true. The complaint isn’t corroborated; when Trump released the transcript of his phone call, he showed the complaint to be a fabrication.
Ciaramella withheld information about his contacts with Schiff’s office when he gave his signed complaint to Intel Community IG Michael Atkinson; there’s a section on the form to list such contacts –- specifically including “members of Congress” –- but he left it blank. Yet the rest of the form has been completed in extremely lawyerly fashion, suggesting he had lots of outside help.
Last October, Atkinson had a closed-door session with Schiff’s committee that reportedly included details of contacts between the “whistleblower” and Schiff’s staff. The transcript from this session is THE ONLY transcript out of 18 that Schiff won't release. He classified it ‘secret,’ preventing Republicans from talking. Even impeachment investigators may view it only in a secure room, or “SCIF,” in the basement of the Capitol --- where the testimony was also given.
Finally, it’s eye-opening to play connect-the-dots with Ciaramella. Before this CIA operative went to the White House “on loan,” he was an adviser on Ukraine to Vice President Biden (who, along with son Hunter, is mentioned in the complaint as a political target of Trump). The meeting where he and Misko were heard talking about "taking out" the new President had been called by new national security adviser and “America First” proponent Michael Flynn. Misko had previously assisted Biden’s top national security aide Jake Sullivan. Ukraine-born Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the one who’d heard the July 25 phone call between Trump and Zelensky and leaked his inflated concerns to Ciaramella, held Ciaramella’s old position at the NSC as director for Ukraine. (Vindman also openly expressed disdain for Trump, according to Sperry’s sources.) On July 26, the day after that fateful phone call, Schiff hired Misko to lead his investigation of Trump. Between then and the August 12 filing of the “whistleblower” report, Misko secretly met with Ciaramella, and shared information with Schiff, according to “numerous congressional sources.”
More dot-connecting: After talking with Misko, Ciaramella was referred –- most likely by former DOJ attorney David Laufman, who oversaw both “Mid-Year Exam” and “Crossfire Hurricane” and signed off on the warrant to spy on Carter Page –- to whistleblower attorney Andrew Bakaj, a former CIA officer who had worked with Ciaramella there. Bakaj has spent time in Ukraine, donated to Biden for President and worked for former Sen. Hillary Clinton. Bakaj brought in his partner, Mark Zaid. We’ve profiled both of these lawyers before; after Trump was sworn in, Zaid tweeted that a “coup has started” and “impeachment will follow ultimately.”
And we come full circle: Michael Atkinson’s predecessor as ICIG was Charles McCullough, who is now a partner in Bakaj and Zaid’s law firm. McCullough used to report to Obama’s Director of National Intelligence...James Clapper. Atkinson worked closely with Laufman and served as legal counsel to senior DOJ official Mary McCord, who was Laufman’s boss and worked to get Michael Flynn fired. McCord was recruited by the Democrats to help with impeachment.
Sure looks like a coup to me.  This isn’t all of it. Much more at the link...

• steve citron

01/23/2020 04:11 PM

HOW in blazing blue blazes, does this jack wagon Schiff get away with this kind of nonsense. Were it the "Average Joe" on the street, we would be taken to court at the very least, and probably shown to public scorn the kind of snake they are. ( with apologies to snakes). I propose a program of public scorn, if not going back to the me
    dievel flogging of ALL those connected with this coup !

• Patricia Clisham

01/23/2020 04:02 PM

Knowing all this, how come it has got this far? Why hasn't it been thrown out?
    I just don't understand how the Democrats are getting away with this farce!

• Connie Eggen

01/23/2020 03:59 PM

This is an absolute 'puke fest'. I hope the demons get beat down so badly...It is a pity how terrible these people really are!

• Gayle Brosnan-Watters

01/23/2020 03:53 PM

Have I watched it? No. I agree with your staffers, but I would add that trying to keep track of the lies and the liars is confusing - and I have a PhD. All I can think of is that they must be getting confused to at this point - they've lied so much they've probably convinced themselves this stuff is true!! I can stand it, nor can my stomach.

• Louise Reiter

01/23/2020 03:24 PM

Am praying, much better use of my time! May God reveal the truth and all glory go to Him.

• Andrea McSwain

01/23/2020 03:05 PM

No I'm not watching the Schiff show. I can't take him. We've heard this junk over and over for several month. I just want him and the democrats gone from the entire government.

• Michael Kroschel

01/23/2020 03:04 PM

Isn't this whole impeachment process part of the coup and treasonous ? Sounds like Schiff and his team needs to be held accountable. It's down right sickening.

• Anna Kupfer

01/23/2020 03:03 PM

Someone recently asked me if Schiff could get in trouble for lying to Congress. I said only if he was under oath. Then it would be perjury. I don’t think he was sworn in. Was he?

• CHARLES Collins

01/23/2020 02:54 PM

With all of his lies why isn't Schiff facing charges? If it was a supporter of President Trump we would be under the prison.

• Marie Hester

01/23/2020 02:48 PM

Couldn’t agree more! Carol Burnett used to have a comedy skit on her show called “As the Stomach Turns”. This is what I’m calling the Democratic party’s set up for this phony scam. They make me sick!

• Mary Jo Pint

01/23/2020 02:48 PM

Why is the print now on Governor Huckabee’s letter so small? It is now hard for me to read on my I-pad.
    Thank you.

• Elizabeth B Crouse

01/23/2020 02:36 PM

Unreal evil

• Dietrich Murphy

01/23/2020 02:18 PM

The reason Schiff can lie with impunity is that he is NOT under oath. He can commit perjury and not have to worry about prosecution because he is NOT a witness. Thank the corrupt Democrat and Republican senators for passing the rule change that permits this.

• Barbara Senske

01/23/2020 02:09 PM

Wow. It would be extremely effective for Republicans to create a visual "connect-the-dots" graphic showing all of the nefarious connections that comprise the plot to bring down President Trump. Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi et al continue to repeat their lies (ad nauseum) as if they are the truth - and that can become ingrained in peoples' minds. BUT A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. A simplified graphic with all of the names (or at least the major players - there are so many!), arrows showing connections, dates, etc. - clear and simple - would stick in people's minds. I, for one, would love to see one!

• Tom Larson

01/23/2020 01:57 PM

Why can’t this information be clearly made public?

• Joan Ginnetti

01/23/2020 01:54 PM

Just when we think the depth of the swamp has been discovered it is learned the surface has only been scratched.

• Dennis Bodlien

01/23/2020 01:40 PM

What is the possibility that all of the unsubstantiated rabbit trails and outright lies are merely a diversion to keep attention off of something far more important? If that is true, then their plan may actually be working.

• Marshall Suttles

01/23/2020 01:30 PM

I wrote the following yesterday to email my friends:
    "This is major news today and may finally start to pry this lid off this so
    called impeachment of the President. Schiffs days may be numbeared! A long
    article, but worth the read!!! My prayer continues to be that God will
    "break the arms of those raised to strike" as He told Job in chapter 38!
    This Schiff and Co. Coup may make 911 look like Childs play in the end!
    Marshall S." All this treasonous activity to "Kill the Goose that's laying the golden egg" A gallous is in order!!!

• Anita Holloway

01/23/2020 01:27 PM

WOW!!! Praying it all comes out and all the evil corruption by the democrats is exposed and they are charged. ????????????????????????????????

• Nancy Crichton

01/23/2020 01:16 PM

I have to thoroughly read this in a quiet room later today. Nadler is ‘talking’ and I want to catch any important thing he might say ??! They inject so many talking points which are used to push peoples’ buttons and tile them up. I wish we could hear from Prof. Turkey, I think he would take them to school!

• keith wingfield

01/23/2020 01:12 PM

Yovanovitch and Ciamarro were probably taking money from the previous corrupt Ukraine government, and both were probably a part of the Hunter Biden Burisma scam. They had strong personal reasons for desiring to keep Trump from investigating Hunter Biden.
    Is John Durham investigating Hunter Biden and Yavonovitch by "following the money"? Does he have the authority to do so?
    The "Russia,Russia, Russia, coup attempt led by Clapper and supported by Schiff and the media failed. The Ciamarro coup attempt will fail, too. However, it remans to be seen if Clapper, Ciamarro, Schiff, or anyone else will ever be punished for these treasonous offenses. The Republicans are a startlingly weak group.

• Betty Crane

01/23/2020 01:03 PM

I would assume that the Senate would only consider information that is in the documents presented by the House and Not Consider anything that is not in their documents. The House continues to add this, that and the other items , If the House needs those items investigated, they need to go back and redo their own investigations, not give it to the Senate to sort out.. This is a Shiff-Sham deluxe!

• Harold Levi

01/23/2020 01:01 PM

Interesting that some of your staffers became ill at the sight and sound of Schiff. During the Clinton days, I found that my skin crawled when I looked at him. I found others with the same reaction. I still find him and the witch repulsive to look at.

• Diane Vargo

01/23/2020 12:56 PM

This is an aside and should be addressed over and over again. I was flipping channels about a week ago and caught a few minutes of some NY council member (I think Latino) calling the Electoral College a "gimmick" on the part of our founding fathers. I am furious. These people are so uneducated and think they are smarter than our founding fathers. The reason for the Electoral College must be explained over and over again.
    there

• Kay DeWitt

01/23/2020 12:55 PM

Mike, I have to take deep breaths as I write this to fight tears that would make it difficult for me TO write! I don't know if you read my comment a few days ago where I shared how...upon my listening to a video of Mark Harris' sermon at the Democratic Baptist Conference...I found myself exclaiming "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" because I was hearing Mark re-echo so many things I've written in these comments I write in response to your newsletters.....AND....

Little did I dream that, this morning, I would have a repeat OF that experience when, one more time, I found myself saying "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God" as I found myself reading what you wrote in your FORWARD to Steven Strang's book , "GOD and DONALD TRUMP" ....I then found myself repeating these "Oh my God!" responses as I read what Don Nori Sr. stated in the first chapter in this book entitled, "Trump's Miraculous Win".....and what evoked this kind of response FROM me is the same thing that evoked it from me when I listened to Mark's sermon and read your FORWARD...which is that I again heard a re-echo of the kinds of things I have been stating in these comments that I write.....BUT IT WAS ESPECIALLY MEANINGFUL TO ME THAT I SHOULD TODAY READ WHAT YOU, AND DON NORI SR. WROTE, BECAUSE.....

After I wrote what I wrote...in response to your asking your readers what they thought of the impeachment trial....my thought was that anyone reading what I wrote would think I was crazy or TOO guilty now of NOT separating, as they say, "politics from 'religion" (although Christianity is NOT a religion.....it's a relationship!

Your statements, and Don Nori Sr statements, confirm what I have stated, over and over again, that this CONFLICT between the Democrats and the Republicans
    .....which is what is AUTHORING this impeachment....in reality is not a "political"
    battle but a "spiritual" battle which I take it is WHY you closed your FORWARD with the statement, "America too is in a historic battle not only for its POLITICAL FUTURE, but for its VERY SOUL."

NOW DON NORI SR STATES: "Many in his (Trump's) own Republican Party, not just the Democrats, were WORKING TO DESTROY HIM." .....And that statement reechoes the reason I do not want to see President Trump impeached...whether he is innocent OR guilty of the impeachment charges against him... because the heart motive that AUTHORED those charges is hatred...which is of Satan..
    whose REAL goal is to DESTROY President Trump....which is a more wicked sin than the sin President Trump is being accused of!!! This is what I tried to express in answer to your question about what my opinion was of the impeachment trial.

Don Nori Sr...... after talking about all the "notorious anti-democratic groups" and all their activities that "subvert the natural course of government and violate the rights of citizens to participate in the political process"....sums it up by stating, "All together such activity represents a dangerous....and I would say DEMONIC---
    attempt to undermine free speech and our most basic freedoms"....AND...

As far as I am concerned, this statement confirms what I stated in my comment about what I think of the impeachment trial....which is that..in the name of standing up for the "laws" of the Constitution ....it makes a mockery of the very Constitution itself by violating the very RIGHTEOUSNESS that penned those laws!

And THE greatest statement Don made was: "IT'S TIME FOR CHRISTIANS TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES, I'LL STAND UP FOR CHRISTIANITY."

Since I have said this and said this, I screamed a spontaneous response of AMEN upon reading this! HOWEVER, it's one thing to SAY this and quite another thing to DO it...and get others to do it!. And there is no better time TO do it than now!....AND...last week I stated that one of the things on MY to DO list...TO do this...was to go to the Sunday service at the church Mark Harris used to pastor so I could try and find out how I could get to speak with Mark personally (Since the "cry" that Don expressed has BEEN Mark's_cry for years)...The person I made contact with.. because he has remained in touch with Mark.. was able to tell me what church Mark had just been awarded the pastorate to so I will be attending a Sunday service AT Mark's "new" church to share ....what is our mutual cry.....with this wonderful man of God!

Sure looks like a coup to me.  This isn’t all of it. Much more at the link...

• steve citron

01/23/2020 04:11 PM

dievel flogging of ALL those connected with this coup !

• Patricia Clisham

01/23/2020 04:02 PM

Knowing all this, how come it has got this far? Why hasn't it been thrown out?
    I just don't understand how the Democrats are getting away with this farce!

• Connie Eggen

• Dietrich Murphy

01/23/2020 02:18 PM

• Barbara Senske

01/23/2020 02:09 PM

• Tom Larson

01/23/2020 01:57 PM

Why can’t this information be clearly made public?

• Joan Ginnetti

01/23/2020 01:54 PM

• Dennis Bodlien

01/23/2020 01:40 PM

• Marshall Suttles

01/23/2020 01:30 PM

I wrote the following yesterday to email my friends:
    "This is major news today and may finally start to pry this lid off this so
    called impeachment of the President. Schiffs days may be numbeared! A long
    article, but worth the read!!! My prayer continues to be that God will
    "break the arms of those raised to strike" as He told Job in chapter 38!
    This Schiff and Co. Coup may make 911 look like Childs play in the end!

• Anita Holloway

01/23/2020 01:01 PM

• Diane Vargo

01/23/2020 12:56 PM

there

• Kay DeWitt

01/23/2020 12:55 PM

attempt to undermine free speech and our most basic freedoms"....AND...

Sure looks like a coup to me.  This isn’t all of it. Much more at the link...

• steve citron

01/23/2020 04:11 PM

dievel flogging of ALL those connected with this coup !

• Patricia Clisham

01/23/2020 04:02 PM

Knowing all this, how come it has got this far? Why hasn't it been thrown out?
    I just don't understand how the Democrats are getting away with this farce!

• Connie Eggen

• Dietrich Murphy

01/23/2020 02:18 PM

• Barbara Senske

01/23/2020 02:09 PM

• Tom Larson

01/23/2020 01:57 PM

Why can’t this information be clearly made public?

• Joan Ginnetti

01/23/2020 01:54 PM

• Dennis Bodlien

01/23/2020 01:40 PM

• Marshall Suttles

01/23/2020 01:30 PM

I wrote the following yesterday to email my friends:
    "This is major news today and may finally start to pry this lid off this so
    called impeachment of the President. Schiffs days may be numbeared! A long
    article, but worth the read!!! My prayer continues to be that God will
    "break the arms of those raised to strike" as He told Job in chapter 38!
    This Schiff and Co. Coup may make 911 look like Childs play in the end!

• Anita Holloway

01/23/2020 01:01 PM

• Diane Vargo

01/23/2020 12:56 PM

there

• Kay DeWitt

01/23/2020 12:55 PM

attempt to undermine free speech and our most basic freedoms"....AND...