July 14, 2020

NOT CRIME...VIOLENT CRIME

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s latest upchuck of cockamamie condescension was her claim that Republicans don’t understand what it’s like to live in poor neighborhoods (yeah, none of us grew up poor!) and that crime is up in New York City because unemployed people need to shoplift a loaf of bread to feed their families (and apparently, loot a TV from Target, then shoot a few people on their way home.) She smugly said she had to “connect the dots” for us, proving that even connecting dots is beyond her capabilities.

For the record, the crime that’s up in New York City is violent crime. Shootings are up by 130% from just one year ago. This is not a result of poverty but of the idiotic policies of Mayor Bill DeBlasio, who has systematically destroyed the great city that Rudy Giuliani rescued from the failed leftist policies of DeBlasio’s mentor, David Dinkins. DeBlasio has dismantled all the effective policing that made the city safe again, demoralized the police, emboldened lawbreakers to ignore the law and attack police, encouraged rioters, and sparked a 400% spike in applications for retirements among NYPD officers. In this regard, he’s turning the Big Apple into yet another Democrat-run war zone, like Chicago. Except Chicago’s last Republican mayor left office in 1931. It’s taken DeBlasio only one-and-a-half terms to cause similar damage.

That spike in violent crime includes senseless shootings of innocent people, many of them black. The latest heartbreaking murder came Sunday night when two gunmen opened fire on a group having a cookout in a park. They injured three men and killed Davell Gardner – a one-year-old child who was sitting in his stroller when a bullet struck him in the abdomen. In that same weekend, 35 people were shot in 28 incidents, including other young boys of 12 and 15.

DeBlasio’s response to this has been to cut $1.5 billion from the police budget while taunting the President by painting a “Black Lives Matter” mural across from Trump Tower (a divisive political statement at taxpayer expense during a financial crisis.) If black lives really mattered to DeBlasio, he’d do something to stop so many of them from being violently ended, like that of Davell Gardner. If we are all to know George Floyd’s name, then we should definitely know his, too.

As for AOC’s ludicrous assertions, Kim Hirsch at the Victory Girls blog notes that a 2014 study by the University of North Dakota found that poverty does not have a significant effect on violent crime in the US. But as Ms. Hirsch notes, crime has an effect on poverty, driving businesses out of high crime neighborhoods and depriving residents of jobs.

On a lighter note, Ms. Hirsch also points out that the dose of “reality” that AOC thinks she’s giving all us Republicans who don’t know what it’s like to be poor was actually cribbed from watching “Breaking Bad” on TV. She even missed the point of that show (nobody in it turned to crime to buy food, and far from glamorizing crime, everyone either died or had their lives destroyed.) I’d also like to suggest that she got the idea of criminals being guilty only of stealing a loaf of bread from the Broadway musical of “Les Miserables.” The only connection between that and real life in New York City today is that nobody is less miserable since Bill DeBlasio became mayor.

NO RESPECT

What a surprise: the same Democrat Senator who thought that men should just shut up about sexual accusations even if they think they’re innocent and have no due process rights now declares that President Trump’s base is full of white supremacists.

So she has no respect for the rights of the male half of the population, and I assume she thinks that many of the women who voted for Trump are white supremacists. I calculate that we’re now down to about 25% of the US population that she regards as human beings worthy of being allowed to have any rights at all. How low can she go?

MORE FROM THE CHINESE WHISTLEBLOWER

Here’s more from the Hong Kong virologist who fled to the US and is in hiding because she’s blowing the whistle on what China knew and covered up about the COVID-19 (Chinese) coronavirus, and the WHO’s aid in covering it up.

Yes, I hope that this will help dispel the ridiculous, China-promoted notion that calling this a “Chinese virus” is somehow racist. I think it’s just giving credit where credit is due.

At a fundraiser, Joe Biden quoted what he called an “old Chinese proverb” that was actually a quote from mass-murdering Chinese communist dictator Mao Zedong.

I know most Republicans will be jumping on Joe for quoting a communist totalitarian, but that’s hardly news, considering how many of them are his campaign advisers and supporters these days.

So I’ll just point out two interesting side notes: (1.) Why does it come so naturally to Joe to admire the wisdom of Chinese dictators? (2.) Can you imagine the media reaction if Trump had quoted a dictator and claimed it was an old proverb?

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Video of the Day: In Portland, a masked Antifa protester tried to threaten a black motorist by opening his car door. It did not go well for the protester.

NBA ONLINE STORE ENCOURAGES HATE SPEECH, BANS CRITICISM OF CHINA

The official online store of the NBA allows people to order NBA jerseys with political phrases such as “Black Lives Matter” on them. But you can’t order jerseys with certain political phrases that the NBA apparently frowns on, such as “Free Hong Kong.” This has led conservatives to test the store to see what they’ll allow on an NBA jersey.

So far, while rejecting any criticism of China, the NBA store has reportedly allowed orders of jerseys reading, “Kill Cops,” “Defund Police,” “Beware of Jews,” “Ban Gypsies,” “End Taiwan,” “Burn Jews,” “Enslave Tibet” and “Cancel Israel,” among others. Of course, this could simply mean they don’t have any software in place to censor any phrases other than those that criticize China. As if that were an excuse.

All of this makes for a good setup for this commentary by Glenn Beaton, titled, “I Don’t Miss Professional Sports, Do You?” The NBA and NFL may have to learn the hard lesson that the TV and movie industry stubbornly refuse to acknowledge: “Get woke, go broke.”

BLAMING REPUBLICANS

Don’t know how I missed this story from July 1st, but just so you know: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blamed Republicans for Russia annexing Crimea in 2014 when Obama was President. Boy, we’re to blame for riots in solidly Democratic Minneapolis, for China unleashing a virus on the world, and for what Russia did under Obama. Is there anything Republicans CAN’T do?!

DAILY BIBLE VERSE

• Anne Turner

07/14/2020 10:38 PM

If Hollywood were to make a movie, or movies about the current political scene, and everything that has been going on since Trump was going on since Trump was elected, it would be panned for being much to fat fetched to make a believable story. It is totally amazing ho powerful POTUS and the GOP really is. To have been responsible for things that even happened under previous DNC administrations is totally amazing. Did someone just invent a time machine? More likely is that Nancy has gone over the edge. Perhaps she could take a rest in a nice locked facility and be treated for an advanced case of TDS. Her plastic surgeon and trainer could be on call. Of course she would need very plush quarters and designer nighties and robes.

• Felix Owen

07/14/2020 10:33 PM

It is difficult for me to understand how anyone could have voted for Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, or the governor of New York or the Mayor New York and how they will probably be elected again. Do the voters in New York hate America that much?

• Heidi Petrick

07/14/2020 10:33 PM

Hey Governor, it’s too bad that there is such an attitude of , we are going to shame you for things you have no control over, or for things that we choose not to control to the leftists specifications. If I can use myself as an example, I’m in my early 60s living in my childhood home. My home town city council said about two or so years ago that senior citizens should move out and give their houses to younger people. The house was 17.500.00 when Mom and Dad bought in1960, it is worth substantially more so I guess that makes me a white suprematist, ja? AOC doesn’t know the facts of anything but her own living situation. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, and I’m not poor. And People with white skin simply means their family line started in a colder climate. Thanks for putting up with me Governor. God bless you and yours. Heidi

• Linda Wolfe

07/14/2020 10:14 PM

Hello Senator, if you black folks would stop aborting your babies then you could be in the majority instead of having the what I call a racist term "minority" It is a shame that more black babies in NY are aborted than born. Perhaps the dembos running the place should wise up.

• Elizabeth Houghton

07/14/2020 09:59 PM

I watched the video of the protestor who brazenly opened the door of the passerby's car. What struck me most was the comments by others in the protest group. They all sounded like high school kids, for crying out loud, some teenagers in a snit because mom put them on restriction. More of those fine people who are the product of our excellent educational system.

• Bradley David Harte

07/14/2020 09:54 PM

Dear Mike, we are praying for President Trump's salvation. We praying he is saved while he is in office.

• Ray Cowden Witter

07/14/2020 09:51 PM

Keep up the Good Work!

• Douglas Noel

07/14/2020 09:40 PM

1. Don't know what it's like to be poor? I grew up in inner-city Detroit and my Dad said there were only two types of people, workers and shirkers (no color, creed,or nationality made any difference). If someone was a worker, no matter what honest job he had, he deserved every bit of respect we could give. If he was a shirker, someone who could work but refused to and instead took whatever he could get from the government/handout, he deserved no respect whatever and we were to steer clear of him. In 1958 and again in the 60s with the newspaper strike, we had nothing and Dad refused to take welfare. Instead he arranged to get all the various papers of the nation and hawked them (he worked for the Detroit Free Press for 44 years). I also had all of them on my corner as a Newsie in Ypsilanti. I started as a Newsie when I was 8. My Dad's father abandoned him and his mom and Grannie raised him on her own in Detroit. 2. Uneducated and dumb? Probably due to the work ethic gotten from my father, I got a Bachelors at Concordia Teacher's College (now Concordia University Chicago), completed a Masters at the University of Nebraska Lincoln, did another Masters at Southern Wesleyan University in North Augusta, South Carolina, completed a PhD at Walden University, worked on an EdD and completed an EdS degree at Liberty University. I'm listed in Who's Who in the Midwest, Who's Who in Finance and Industry, Who's Who in Education, International Dictionary of Who's Who, International Who's Who in Poetry, and recently Who's Who for Lifetime Achievement. I've written five academic books on education and am working on more. I've received five awards for poetry I've written (check out www.poetry.com and www.poetry.net). Along with teaching from 1978 to present I've also taught in China and Venezuela, am now officially retired from teaching but still teaching, am retired from public service as an instructor and agent with the Treasury Department, was a member of the International Podium Association and lectured throughout the U.S. and Canada. I also was at one time homeless living in empty buildings with 5 dogs, pulled myself out of it by becoming an OTR truck driver and had many other jobs along the way. I created two businesses to help pay my way through college for my Bachelors while also going to school full time and working as an accountant at Union Oil. Poor, uneducated, and dumb. Yeah, I guess that's me alright. And, I am proud to be backing President Trump for re-election and would not even consider anyone proposing socialism, having seen it in Venezuela.

• Elizabeth Crouse

07/14/2020 09:33 PM

I was born in depression and we had little but my Mother cooked what my day catch fishing and hunting plus veggies from garden and no frills. Then I married airman when salaries were low, paid once a month and he worked 6 days a week. I am thankful because I know how not to spend and work at 87

• David Nielsen

07/14/2020 09:33 PM

I am sick and tired of hearing these lying Democrats, members of the NFL and NBA blame every Republican and Christians for their problems. I have worked very hard all my life to have what I have. I came from a very improvised fanily.

• Jim Lyon

07/14/2020 09:20 PM

You asked of AOC, "How low can she go?" Careful, she may take that as a challenge.

• Flora Lee Rauch

07/14/2020 09:13 PM

Have you seen the clip of the news interview in Dallas, I believe, of a dr saying he had been praying for direction as to how to treat his cover19 patients as he was working in ER and when he went on break took a nap and woke up thinking ...oh the asthma drug Budesonide with the inhaler! He has tried it on every patient with covid19 with successful results almost all immediate cures! It has been used in other countries with zilch deaths ensuing.

• William Fuhrer

07/14/2020 09:13 PM

Rudy Giuliani should write an article for NEW YORK TIMES....HOW TO BE A MAYOR FOR DUMMIES or EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A MAYOR OF NEW YORK CIT BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK

• Ann Bellanca

07/14/2020 09:11 PM

Look forward to reading your newsletters everyday. Truth with the perfect touch of sarcasm. Thank you Governor for making me smile!

• Warren Earhart

07/14/2020 08:52 PM

Good evening Governor,
    If you would please give us your insight on just who this Deblasio is. I have heard twice in two days his birth name was Warren Wilhelm Jr. Seeing tonight that his parents were government workers who 'had to leave' govt. service because they were Communists. Went to Nicaragua in the 80s, backed the socialist there, and for his honeymoon, went to Cuba. What can you tell us?

• James Forsythe

07/14/2020 08:51 PM

This bimbo is crazy! She knows nothing about America, or the people of America.

• Sharon Faulkner

07/14/2020 01:59 PM

About the silly BLM sign
    Trump isn't there so he couldn't care less
    And
    It has already become a rallying point for Patriots
    Poor Werner Wilhelm can't do anything right.

July 14, 2020

07/14/2020 09:11 PM

• Warren Earhart

07/14/2020 08:52 PM

Good evening Governor,

• James Forsythe

07/14/2020 08:51 PM

This bimbo is crazy! She knows nothing about America, or the people of America.

• Sharon Faulkner

07/14/2020 01:59 PM

About the silly BLM sign
    Trump isn't there so he couldn't care less
    And
    It has already become a rallying point for Patriots
    Poor Werner Wilhelm can't do anything right.

July 14, 2020

07/14/2020 09:11 PM

• Warren Earhart

07/14/2020 08:52 PM

Good evening Governor,

• James Forsythe

07/14/2020 08:51 PM

This bimbo is crazy! She knows nothing about America, or the people of America.

• Sharon Faulkner

07/14/2020 01:59 PM

About the silly BLM sign
    Trump isn't there so he couldn't care less
    And
    It has already become a rallying point for Patriots
    Poor Werner Wilhelm can't do anything right.