January 23, 2017

Everyone saw the giant Women’s March protest on Saturday, and we were all impressed by the size of it. Now, could someone please explain what it was supposed to be about? That you “spread love” through violent, eliminationist rhetoric? That you protest vulgar public references to women’s genitals by dressing up in public as women’s genitals? That Donald Trump has turned back the clock to the Middle Ages by stripping away women’s rights and to the 1940s by putting dissenters in concentration camps and gas chambers? That’s quite a lot to have done, considering he’d been in office all of 24 hours.

The participants seemed to be expressing overwhelming, unfocused rage that Hillary Clinton lost. So what’s their solution? Negate an open, legal election? If you want to change the Electoral College, you organize a movement for a Constitutional amendment, not a public meltdown. Madonna’s desire to “bomb the White House” sounded like a call for anarchy. Historically, women haven’t had it very well under the reign of anarchy. It should be noted that far from being oppressed and silenced, Madonna has become fabulously wealthy and world famous by doing and saying whatever she wanted for over 30 years, no matter whom it offended. (Although that “bomb the White House” thing might have taken it a bit too far: she hurriedly backpedaled, claiming it was meant “metaphorically,” after the Secret Service took notice.)

Trump was attacked for homophobia, even though he’s not a social conservative, his company doesn’t discriminate against gays, and he’s the first President ever to be in favor of same-sex marriage upon taking office. He was accused of taking away women’s rights and powers, even though his company was one of the first to put qualified women in important executive positions. He also credits the remarkable Kellyanne Conway (the first successful female presidential campaign manager) for his win, and he wants to give his very accomplished daughter Ivanka a key role in his Administration – to which the left has responded by demanding boycotts of her woman-owned business. Sounds awfully sexist to me.

Yes, it is true Trump made vulgar comments about sex when he thought he was speaking privately, something I condemned at the time and still won’t defend. But it’s a safe assumption that most of these marchers wanted to put someone back into the White House as “First Man” who actually did what Trump talked about, and install as President his wife, who covered for him by attacking his alleged female victims. And if talking in a vulgar fashion about women’s anatomy offends them that much, please explain the speakers (especially Ashley Judd, who seemed to be auditioning for a movie called “Rebel Without A Filter”) and many of the signs at Saturday’s rally. (FYI: to the protester carrying the sign that suggested women should have to pay for tampons when men pay for razors: We do pay for razors. If you know where I can get them for free, please tell me.)

Even Michael Moore, who built a very lucrative career on railing against automakers who export Michigan factory jobs overseas, showed up to start building a second lucrative career out of railing against the guy who’s bringing those jobs back to Michigan (and who is now President because the very people Moore claims to champion voted for him).

There really is a rising threat to women around the world in the form of radical Islamist groups who kidnap, enslave, rape and murder women and girls. These groups seized power largely due to President Obama’s foreign policy, which never drew any mass protest rallies from the left. Instead, we get attacks on Trump for wanting to carefully vet refugees from areas that are hotbeds of Islamic radicalism and to secure the US border (ironically, mirror rallies were held in many nations around the world that have strict immigration policies and fences and guards to secure their own borders).

The organizers also ignored the most infamous assault on women’s rights in the news over the past few years: in Germany, where millions of Middle Eastern refugees have been allowed free reign, women who report being assaulted, harassed and even raped are advised to keep quiet, dress more modestly and watch where they go. It seems like only recently that suggesting women were in any way responsible for their own sexual assaults was condemned as outrageous sexism. Now, it appears to be official government policy under Angela Merkel. But Trump’s promise to enforce the laws and secure the borders endangers women? Oooooooookay.

Roger L. Simon of PJ Media, who was equally baffled by what the point of all this was, finally decided that it was propaganda: a way for leftists and feminists who live in social media bubbles, talking only to one another and demonizing anyone whose opinions vary, to “continue opposition to the myth, not the reality, of a Trump administration for political purposes.” In other words, a way to keep the left’s rage at a boiling point until the next election. That would explain why pro-life feminists were told they weren’t welcome, and why, when the protest organizers declared that “This is what democracy looks like,” they dismissed the 42% of women who voted for Trump (one of whom commented online that she’d already taken part in a massive Women's March in November: “Millions of us marched to the polls and voted for Trump.”) If this is truly what pure democracy looks like, then I understand why the Founders gave us a republic instead.

Supporters claim this rally shows how big the rabid anti-Trump movement is and how the left is going to come back strong and win every future election. We’ve heard that “demography is destiny” theory before. It’s based on the sexist/racist belief that people vote with their skin color or genitals, not their brains. Personally, I think it resembles more the evolution of a religious cult, becoming more extreme but smaller as it drives away all but the most hardcore believers. I suspect that all it accomplished was to convince Trump voters, both male and female, that they were right, and possibly even convince some Hillary voters that they dodged a bullet.

But enough commentary. I don’t want to be accused of “mansplaining.”

• Deb Ford

01/23/2017 07:52 PM

The march was called the Women's March to distract people from the true purpose, which was Pro Choice. Arrogance was the tone, hate was the M/O, tolerance was no where to be found. They claimed they represented all women but excluded anyone whose opinion differed from their rants; they claimed they were for the rights and dignity of women then dressed in body parts costumes so now they're the laughing stock of the media. They screamed, shouted vile and hateful words that divided and drove women from their cause. They were not peaceful, they were an angry mob; they were not respectful, they were violent; they were not responsible, they were running amok. Their message was not of unity, but of hate. And women joined them thinking they were marching for rights when it was just another pro-choice rally. Sad those women will always be associated with them--they were used as pawns in their hateful diatribe.

• Sarajane F. Langston

01/23/2017 07:39 PM

womensmarch.com is home to Saturday's march in Washington and the organization behind many, if not all, of the other similar Saturday's marches here in the US and abroad. If their website is examined, using the tabs at the top right of their homepage, it becomes clear that they are well organized and well equipped with educated and experienced people and the fulfillment of their agenda would result in radical change. Many of their team held key positions in the Obama machine. They aim at changing the US and the world. They have some powerful sponsors and many supporters. I do not think most participants in last Saturday's marches would agree with all of womensmarch.com's views and goals, while I am aware that there are many who do agree. It is alarming to me, that so many people are hearing "women unite" and thinking, "Yes, we need change from sexism," and then blindly joining a movement such as this without knowing what they are truly supporting. If they can succeed in maintaining and in building further feverant support, then, yes, I think many would continue to follow them blindly to this new world they advocate.

• Dennis

01/23/2017 07:35 PM

Great piece.

• Linda Gleason Allebach

01/23/2017 07:31 PM

Two words, Mike. DOUBLE STANDARD. Always has been, seems as if always will be. Your argument is objective, thoughtful, and correct IMO. However, I don't think this battle has to do with intellectual dissertation or discussion, it's completely emotional and irrational. No easy or maybe possible resolution there. Perhaps caused by too many hormones...omg the genital police will probably be after me! My only refuge and hope is in the Lord. He knows everything and everyone of course, and He's my problem solver more than ever these days.
    Thanks for all your hard work and thought-provoking posts. You're so good at this! God bless you and yours.

• josiane battel

01/23/2017 07:30 PM

With all respect, Yes, the women's march was against many of Trump's soon to be policies: I marched knowing that the Affordable Care Act will strip away my covered mammograms and ob-gyn appointments, cancer prevention. I marched knowing that if a woman had to make a very difficult decision to get an abortion that she will have medical support. I marched knowing that men still make more $ then women who do the same job. I marched because I can't let go of that "grab them by the pussy" comment as just locker room talk. I marched against 5000+ years of patriarchy and mansplaining. I marched for my lesbian and transgender sisters who are bullied because they have a different sexual preference than the "norm", I marched against the ongoing environmental degradation. I also marched because some people want to deny women the right to a voice. I also marched for the inclusiveness of all women of all faiths Christian, Islamic, Pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, etc.

• Sherri Elam

01/23/2017 07:26 PM

I believe this March was led by Satan himself. Satan is angry we have welcomed God back into the White House. These woman are Nasty and Evil. I am one of the 30 million women, who marched to the polls and voted for Trump!

• Linda Brown

01/23/2017 07:19 PM

I am a life-long Christian and minister's wife. Although I was unable to March on Saturday, I know many women and men who did. Their reasons were varied. They marched for equal pay, instead of 77% of what a man makes for the same job. Many, like me, have been appalled by Donald Trump's references to women as fat pigs, bimbos, etc. Anyone who has crossed him in any way is stupid, a liar, crooked, or some other derogatory term. We have watched him fact checked and found to not tell the truth about 75% of the time. His bragging, "I am wonderful" attitude, as well as his morals, are a lousy example for our children. He demeans women with his attitude.

We are afraid that the press will be suppressed under his administration and denied the access they have always had to the president. With this president and a Republican controlled congress, women fear losing their right to determine what to do with their own bodies. They fear they will no longer have access to affordable health care. They fear for the lack of clean water, clean air, and they fear that all the progress made with climate change will be undone. They fear that equal rights for the LGBT community will be rolled back. They fear that even though they were brought here as children, they might be deported to a country they have never known. They are afraid that they might be forced to register that they are Muslims. They are afraid of more restrictive voting rights instead of making it easier for citizens to vote. They are afraid of a man who admires Putin, and who the intelligence community said was helped by Russian hacking before the election. I read the entire report and there is no doubt that Russia wanted Trump to win. It makes me wonder how he is in debt to them.

The people who marched all had one thing in common. They felt dismay and sick to their stomachs that we could actually elect someone so unqualified to the highest position in our land: a person who refuses to reveal his tax returns, or divest of his many businesses that will be conflicts of interest with his presidency. They marched because they want to move forward with the progress that has been made for equal opportunity and not go back.

• Jan Beech

01/23/2017 07:19 PM

My sentiments exactly! Thank you!

• Lorraine Sapienza

01/23/2017 07:01 PM

I think the stage of grief has moved from denial to anger which worked out fine for funding by Soros. Plus it has been said that many of them had prepaid hotels for the HRC inauguration that never was. Throw in some twit that knits little pink hats and that's all it takes for some. The fact that it even happened in other countries really points to Soros. These women are too stupid to know what pawns they are.

• David F. Miller

01/23/2017 06:56 PM

Well said Mr. Huckabee. I applaud you and your constant ability to say what is real and do so without dipping to any level of ridicule or personal attack. I for one you never let up. I for one hope you stay the course and just perhaps one day we all will be given the opportunity to vote for you again.

• Mary Sheppard

01/23/2017 06:54 PM

Dear Mr. Huckabee, thank you for taking the time to write this and show more interest in these misguided, horrible excuses of feminity and those who support them than I and many others would. Can we stop giving them press and attention now? The subject continues to make me sick to my stomach. These are people who shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.
    God bless you.

• Sue-Lynn Grace

01/23/2017 06:52 PM

I love your opening paragraph, Mr. Huckabee.... and the rest of your post! You are spot on. I am one of the women that voted Trump in and I'm so glad to see that he is keeping his word as much as he is able to... I knew he would. The liberals are in a state of disbelief and are holding on tight to their perceptions. After all, how could a liberal POSSIBLY be WRONG? I am so sick of the flatulent thinking and indignant self-righteousness. I thank President Trump for not allowing himself to be used as a punching bag. Like him, I no longer remain silent when insulted... I am fighting back.

• Diane Hamos

01/23/2017 06:52 PM

Thank you. The purpose of this March was baffling to me. Do these women think they have no rights? So much time and money wasted when it would have helped so many women who actually have no rights. Sad commentary on this country.

• Karen Gordon

01/23/2017 06:20 PM

• John Ayres

01/23/2017 06:18 PM

Thank you Governor for being a voice for so many of us that would have been attacked upon merely for our own opinion or beliefs on their march. My wife and I think of all the good that might have been done if organized with the sole purpose of actually accomplishing something for one brief day, or afternoon. Such as a march that would help homeless people, plenty in each of their cities, no doubt veterans in this group too, that if each contributed just $1.00 and/or helped in a shelter for the day. Many could use a hot meal or blanket, maybe even rain gear. Now that would have been a profound and effective use of their time collectively. There could be many other examples of how they really could have made an impact on the day. Instead, all they got was the "warm and fuzzy" of a job well done and the embracing of their womanhood solidarity prior to going back to their everyday lives and thinking they had accomplished such a milestone. Again, our thanks for your keen observations that really were non-partisan but simply needing to be said.

• Marilyn West

01/23/2017 05:58 PM

I'm ashamed for those woman! They didn't speak for me! They should put all this energy on saving the unborn child and not there vaginas! These women are suppose to be educated! Where were they when Bill Clinton was elected he's a womanizer and a cheat! Thank you Mike you are spot on!

• Martin Weiss

01/23/2017 05:47 PM

You forgot to mention their support of the genocide of unborn children!

• Sarianne Wright

01/23/2017 05:44 PM

I agree with you. Nothing but lunatics, and trash. My mother always said Fools names and Fools faces, are always found in public places. I also think Copper Fit should fire her.

• Lisa Chambers

01/23/2017 05:39 PM

I wonder if Ashley Judd and the women protesting the tax on pads and tampons know that those items are defined as Medical Devices in Obamacare.

• Mark J. Greenbaum

01/23/2017 05:38 PM

Thank you Mr. Huckabee. You are exactly right on with this! The liberals tried to disguise their anti-Trump March by calling it a women's March for equal rights. When you say something negative about this movement, they want to try to make you look like you have no respect for women. This is a very sad narrative for them and will not play out well for them in the future. I found it interesting that the funding for the arts was removed. I am sad about that but I thought it was a brilliant move to show the elites, Cher, Madonna, Rosey, Ashley, etc, that you are screwing around with the wrong man! The grown ups are back in charge and it's time for everybody to take notice. I would not want to be on Donald's bad side! Keep up the good work sir! Cheers, Mark

• Lee Goldstein

01/23/2017 05:34 PM

I met you at the American Family Association meeting in at the Cove in North Carolina a couple years ago. I am an ob/gyn for almost 40 years in Greenwood, SC and this march nearly embarrassed me with the vulgar posters and the vile language that was used. What they do not understand is this is the very thing many of us are tired of, loud mouthed single minded Hollywood types and politicians who are unwilling to consider any other point of view. Whatever they were trying to say to the public was lost in the vulgarness and rawness of it all. I doubt the convinced any of the 42% of women who voted for President Trump to change their minds. They were probably trying to find a way to protect their children from hearing the words that were used. Thanks for being one of the sane voices in this country.

• Carol Nardozzi

01/23/2017 05:26 PM

Well said Mike. BTY Why hasn't Madonna been apprehended? She is dangerous.

• Diane Persons8

01/23/2017 05:15 PM

Madonna needs to be arrested. These women at the march wearing genital images are disgusting and vulgar and an embarrassment to the female sex. Also, these protesters are uninformed. Trump never said he was deporting Legal documented immigrants. These people are stupid and need to get their facts straight.! Trump's wife is a LEGAL immigrant.

• geraldine marcum

01/23/2017 05:12 PM

Very well said Gov. Huckabee. I too was mystified as to why this rally was necessary and when I questioned a relative that went about it she unfriended me. I voted for you when I lived in Arkansas and was proud to vote for Donald Trump. Thank you for all that you do.

• Jackson Wayne Neil

01/23/2017 05:07 PM

I will be honest, I always vote for you Governer and did so again in this election. It is early days yet, but President Trump seems to be 'something different'. Yes, he is brash, loud and to the point, but not vulgar as many of those protesting seemed to be. Let's face it, he not only beat the Democratic party but the Republican one also. He is 'something different'. So far, he seems to be doing exactly what he promised to do, imagine that. No wonder the usual suspects are confused. I will pray daily for President Trump, just as I did for President Obama. To those who are outraged, depressed and dejected. Welcome to our last 8 years. Thank you and God Bless America.

• Sharon Nichols

01/23/2017 05:05 PM

As with any group, a few people making bad choices tends to stereotype everyone (ie, Madonna or Ashley Judd and the few who dressed up in genitals). I was not in DC, but we feel like these women did not represent the majority of marchers, but have the freedom to express themselves. I am very concerned about the negative hatred being said from those who do not understand why this women's march occurred. Judgement before trying to listen and understand is why our country is so divided. Thank you for at asking why. This was not about Clinton losing. First and foremost, it was to say that we fear some of our rights might be taken away from us. Please give empathy and understanding of this whether you agree or disagree. We are also appalled that our President speaks and acts the way he does (even more concerning in front of our children) and that this is making others feel they can be the same way. We are also concerned about the way Trump has treated women and cannot dismiss it as locker room talk. He has abused his power when it comes to forcing himself onto women. Again, we do not want men to believe that it is OK to treat women this way. Trump refuses to admit to anything, is extremely defensive, comes across as a bully, makes fun of people, and does not apologize for anything. Thank you for listening. I hope you strive to understand to the point of not degrading us for feeling this way whether you agree or disagree.

• Sheila Dawnell Blyly

01/23/2017 04:57 PM

Dear Mr.Huckabee, I can not thank you enough for articulating my own thoughts that I cant begin to put into words, mostly because I repost, I support Trump for President, on my facebook page, I have been called all manner of horrible things. I am a woman whom the "movement" does not represent. How can any woman be so passionate about a cause when she has no idea what her cause is? I have been falsely accused of racism, hate,, to many things to post here. I have pretty big shoulders, but my soul weeps for this country when so many sheep, lost sheep behave in such a way that baffles the mind. I love the true beauty of democracy, I am just so tired of being beaten down for doing the very thing these women say they are trying to protect. So sorry for the long post, Just want to shout out to you and say thank you and God bless you and protect you.

• Maureen Atkinson

01/23/2017 04:57 PM

What I witnessed in this march, besides the vulgarity, is that many seemed like puppets repeating the same rhetoric of others. For example; when asked why they were attending, the popular reply was "Because Trump is racist, bigoted, xenophobic and misogynistic." Gee, where have they heard that before? I know where I've heard it repeatedly....the major media outlets. I say, if that is what motivates you, show me examples. He apologized publicly for what he said to Billy Bush in private over 20 years ago. Yes, it was repulsive. But he without sin, cast the first stone!
    I would also like to know specifically, what women's rights are they fighting for? Women can do whatever they please in this country. The very march itself demonstrates that point.
    As a 56 year old, Caucasian, married, retired female, their march did not represent me at all. It did accomplish one thing though...that women can be just as, perhaps even more so, vulgar, vile and disgusting as some men while in the locker room. Only, these women are not apologizing for it. They left behind the one thing that represented their agenda....a lot of trash and no class. But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

• Gail Curtin

01/23/2017 04:47 PM

Bravo ????

• Missy Holloway

01/23/2017 04:37 PM

I was totally disgusted listening online to Ashley Judd's so called "speech" . And that anyone would be proud to be there in person listening is beyond me. Educated idiots.

• Hershell Spears

01/23/2017 04:34 PM

As always a correct assessment.

• Michele Hanken

01/23/2017 04:28 PM

Hi Mr. Huckabee,
    Please comment on my post on facebook that has illicited mostly postive responses. The beginning and end I wrote, but reposted the middle section.
    Your thoughts?

Fellow"so called feminists"

I worked with amazing, strong, compassionate, professional, badass women law enforcement officers in the NYPD for more than 20 years in the inner cities of NYC. Waging a war against the thugs and criminals that ravaged the hard working law abiding people in these communities.

I am not a "disgrace to women" because I don't support the women's march. I do not feel I am a "second class citizen" because I am a woman. I do not feel my voice is "not heard" because I am a woman. I do not feel I am not provided opportunities in this life or in America because I am a woman. I do not feel that I "don't have control of my body or choices" because I am a woman. I do not feel like I am " not respected or undermined" because I am a woman.
    I AM a woman.
    I can make my own choices.
    I can speak and be heard.
    I can VOTE.
    I can work if I want.
    I control my body.
    I can defend myself.
    I can defend my family.
    There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
    I do not blame my circumstances or problems on anything other than my own choices or even that sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. I take responsibility for myself.
    I am a mother, a daughter, a wife, a sister, a friend. I am not held back in life but only by the walls I choose to not go over which is a personal choice.
    Quit blaming.
    Take responsibility.
    If you want to speak, do so. But do not expect for me, a woman, to take you seriously wearing a pink va-jay-jay hat on your head and screaming profanities and bashing men.
    If you have beliefs, and speak to me in a kind matter, I will listen. But do not expect for me to change my beliefs to suit yours. Respect goes both ways.
    If you want to impress me, especially in regards to women, then speak on the real injustices and tragedies that affect women in foreign countries that do not have the opportunity or means to have their voices heard.
    Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.
    China and India, infantcide of baby girls.
    Afghanistan, unequal education rights.
    Democratic Republic of Congo, where rapes are brutal and women are left to die, or HIV infected and left to care for children alone.
    Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.
    Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.
    Guatemala, the impoverished female underclass of Guatemala faces domestic violence, rape and the second-highest rate of HIV/AIDS after sub-Saharan Africa. An epidemic of gruesome unsolved murders has left hundreds of women dead, some of their bodies left with hate messages.
    And that's just a few examples.
    So when women get together in AMERICA and whine they don't have equal rights and march in their clean clothes, after eating a hearty breakfast, and it's like a vacation away that they have paid for to get there...
    This WOMAN does not support it.

We have spoken. Stop politicizing your agenda and do something for those communities. SERVE... Don't talk the talk unless you walked the walk.
    ??
    Thank you for providing sane leadership that this country finally has!
    Respectfully
    Michele Hanken
    Retired NYPD Lieutenant Commander Detective Squad

• Diane Persons8

01/23/2017 04:27 PM

Thank you for putting so eloquently what many of us are also wondering and feeling!

• Suzanne Hughes

01/23/2017 04:24 PM

Exactly and put in a polite, reasonable and succinct manner.

• Edward Singletary

01/23/2017 04:20 PM

I look forward to meeting you Saturday in Knoxville and hearing your views. I have great respect for you and the stand you have taken throughout all this really crazy time.

• Esther NAVARRO

01/23/2017 04:16 PM

I find it amusing that these women are marching, protesting, rioting against Trump for their right to have abortions. Trump hasn't illegalized (or even mentioned wanting to do so) abortions. He has just said there will be no more funding for it.
    So basically, all these women want to have abortions and have the rest of the taxpayers cover their costs....
    Abortion money sent to other countries, I am sure, goes to the very needy women that cannot pay for abortions, and NOT to corrupt officials and middle"persons" (PC, ya know).
    I for one am a proud American woman, pro free choice, but not free-of-cost choice.
    As for those rallying against Trump for alleged and unproven sexual harassment issues, where were they when Clinton was president???? No president comes to mind as more womanizing than him.

• Gina Marzullo

01/23/2017 04:14 PM

Very well put and thank you for taking the time to help me understand.. But to be honest I have no idea what these women thought to accomplish. They did make themselves look very foolish and has one questioning their mental health. I hope this all stops soon it's hard to take the constant hammering from all these snowflake cry babies.

• Janice Huffman-Comer

01/23/2017 04:13 PM

Mr Huckabee is absolutely correct. The actions of those protesters does not represent the majority of the American people. The actions of those people is the reason that Trump was elected President. We the people are so fed up with the lies, the killings of innocent people, the almightyer than tho attitude of these Liberals. We want peace and unity, but their actions is not the way to get it. I pray that President Trump will bring this country back to what it was meant to be. "America the Beautiful "

• Jean Sherrill

01/23/2017 04:12 PM

A very well written article and right to the point. Will never understand what the women wanted to prove with their march. I hope common sense will prevail one day and they will give Trump a chance to prove himself. What they did was disgraceful and a smear to every woman. Mr. Huckabee, I admire you and appreciate your support for Trump.

• Shari Elsasser

01/23/2017 04:11 PM

Thank you, Mr. Huckabee, very well said. It seems the only thing any of those women wanted to accomplish was to again flaunt their right to abortion on demand, and do so as vulgarly as possible. Please keep doing what you're doing and providing common sense in a world that sorely lacks it.

• Janie McCarty

01/23/2017 04:09 PM

One person you didn't mention and scared me more than Madonna and Ashley Judd's comments was Gloria Steinem from the 60s/70s bra burning years. She declared that if Donald Trump was going to make muslims sign up for being muslims then every one of the marchers would also sign up as muslims. I thought this lady was educated even if she's always been to far left for my tastes which are opposite. Doesn't she realize what she would be supporting the very people who do not believe in any kind of women's rights?
    One other thing that had to do with the Friday protests is the 10 year old boy who proudly claimed he started a fire in the street because he wanted to, smiling as he was very proud of himself. People are teaching their children hate, lawlessness, no respect, no morals. It's sickening, both of these people need a few things explained to them.
    Thank you for keeping us posted on D.C. politics.

• Patty Diaz

01/23/2017 04:08 PM

Very insightful and beautifully summarized, I love your writings and I'm in total agreement with you. Thank you for what you do.

• Arlene Glick

01/23/2017 04:07 PM

I live in middle America, one of the "deplorables" and I and all of my friends do not understand what the marches were about. I am concerned when I see a muslim with ties to radicle groups was an organizer, and it is beginning to appear to me that there is an effort at work to divide our country! Lets remember those words from our beginning that "A house divided cannot stand"

• Nancy McKneely

01/23/2017 03:59 PM

Because of our First Ammendment rights, they can do whatever vile, degrading public display they want to do. I just want to say they don't speak, act or in anyway other then being a biological female. They are not my women's movement. Thank you for this chance to clarify that I would never identify with them. God Bless President Trump, I sense that in the next election they will be voting for him!

• norma joyce sossaman

01/23/2017 03:56 PM

you seem to "hit the nail on the head" here. i'm glad you have the resources to more information than i do and that you let folks like me in on it! keep up the good work!

• Hugh Talley

01/23/2017 03:55 PM

Thank you Mr. Huckabee, you put in to words my exact thoughts. Thank you for Supporting President Trump and giving him a chance. I think he will be a good President and I know he will not be as bad as Obama or Hillary.

• Kevin Pearson

01/23/2017 03:53 PM

That was a very well written and fact based article. Congratulations on being so articulate. You were my first choice as a presidential nominee and I wish you had won. But Trump received the nomination and stand behind him. Thank you Mr. Huckabee

• Felicia Corona

01/23/2017 03:52 PM

Very well said !

• James Louviere

01/23/2017 03:48 PM

Here's a poem I wrote after the protests, and posted on facebook:

Mirror Mirror on the Mall

With violence, venom, anger, the protestors accuse:
    "This President's a danger! Allegiance? We refuse!"
    And thus they hate "the hater." A strange, poetic touch.
    O magic mirror, may they see... they doth protest too much.

God bless
    James Louviere

• Vadim Yarovoy

01/23/2017 03:46 PM

Brilliant and to the point, as usual. The protests make no sense except to attemp to advance Soros & globalist agenda by applying islamists' tactics to stir public discontent, throw stones, burn flags, etc per exact same scenario Palestinians use. Most if the organizers are in fact if middle eastern descent, which can be seen by the their looks, clothing, accents.

January 23, 2017

But enough commentary. I don’t want to be accused of “mansplaining.”

• Deb Ford

• Sherri Elam

01/23/2017 07:26 PM

• Linda Brown

01/23/2017 07:19 PM

• Jan Beech

01/23/2017 07:19 PM

My sentiments exactly! Thank you!

• Lorraine Sapienza

• John Ayres

01/23/2017 06:18 PM

• Marilyn West

01/23/2017 05:58 PM

• Martin Weiss

01/23/2017 05:47 PM

You forgot to mention their support of the genocide of unborn children!

• Sarianne Wright

01/23/2017 05:44 PM

• Lisa Chambers

01/23/2017 05:39 PM

• Mark J. Greenbaum

01/23/2017 05:38 PM

• Lee Goldstein

01/23/2017 05:34 PM

• Carol Nardozzi

01/23/2017 05:26 PM

Well said Mike. BTY Why hasn't Madonna been apprehended? She is dangerous.

• Diane Persons8

01/23/2017 04:47 PM

Bravo ????

• Missy Holloway

01/23/2017 04:37 PM

• Hershell Spears

01/23/2017 04:34 PM

As always a correct assessment.

• Michele Hanken

01/23/2017 04:28 PM

Hi Mr. Huckabee,
    Your thoughts?

Fellow"so called feminists"

I AM a woman.
    I can make my own choices.
    I can speak and be heard.
    I can VOTE.
    I can work if I want.
    I control my body.
    I can defend myself.
    I can defend my family.
    There is nothing stopping me to do anything in this world but MYSELF.
    Quit blaming.
    Take responsibility.
    Saudi Arabia, women can't drive, no rights and must always be covered.
    China and India, infantcide of baby girls.
    Afghanistan, unequal education rights.
    Mali, where women can not escape the torture of genital mutilation.
    Pakistan, in tribal areas where women are gang raped to pay for men's crime.
    And that's just a few examples.
    This WOMAN does not support it.

??
    Thank you for providing sane leadership that this country finally has!
    Respectfully
    Michele Hanken
    Retired NYPD Lieutenant Commander Detective Squad

• Diane Persons8

01/23/2017 04:27 PM

• Suzanne Hughes

01/23/2017 04:24 PM

Exactly and put in a polite, reasonable and succinct manner.

• Edward Singletary

01/23/2017 04:20 PM

• Esther NAVARRO

01/23/2017 04:16 PM

• Gina Marzullo

01/23/2017 04:14 PM

• Janice Huffman-Comer

01/23/2017 04:13 PM

• Jean Sherrill

01/23/2017 04:12 PM

• Shari Elsasser

01/23/2017 04:11 PM

• Janie McCarty

01/23/2017 04:09 PM

Thank you for keeping us posted on D.C. politics.

• Patty Diaz

Very well said !

• James Louviere

01/23/2017 03:48 PM

Here's a poem I wrote after the protests, and posted on facebook:

Mirror Mirror on the Mall

With violence, venom, anger, the protestors accuse:
    "This President's a danger! Allegiance? We refuse!"
    And thus they hate "the hater." A strange, poetic touch.
    O magic mirror, may they see... they doth protest too much.

God bless