WE KNEW IT! Rosenstein was assisting Mueller, and other revelations

Less than 3 minute read

October 4, 2019

News about Trump and the attempts to undermine him is blasting like water from a fire hose. But we won’t let you drown; here are the highlights for today:

First, for those of you who (like me) have always suspected Rod Rosenstein was doing much more behind the scenes to facilitate the Mueller investigation, there’s new evidence that our suspicions were on target. Judicial Watch has obtained Justice Department documents that include an email from Rosenstein to Robert Mueller advising him that “the boss and his staff do not know about our communications.” On May 16, 2017, the day before Mueller’s appointment, he emailed former deputy Attorney General Mark Filip to say, “I am with Mueller. He shares my views. Duty calls. Sometimes the moment chooses us.” He also kept in touch with a number of strongly anti-Trump media contacts. There’s much more...this press release from Judicial Watch is a must-read:

DOJ Docs Show Rosenstein Advising Mueller ‘the Boss’ Doesn’t Know About Their Communications - Judicial Watch - Judicial Watch

Next, Trump’s former special envoy to Ukraine, Kurt Volker, was supposed to be the Democrats’ star witness in the “impeachment inquiry” –- I use quotation marks because, without a floor vote, it isn’t official –- of President Trump, shedding all kinds of light on the alleged efforts of Trump and Rudy Giuliani to go after Joe and Hunter Biden.

The hearing on Thursday was interminable –- nine-and-a-half hours –- apparently because Democrats just weren’t getting what they needed from their witness. This was a closed-door session, but some who were present are saying that Volker’s testimony devastated the Democrats’ conspiracy theories concerning Ukraine. Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan said Thursday evening to Sean Hannity, “...I hope every American gets to read what took place in that room today, ‘cause when they do, they’ll see there’s no quid pro quo. They will see exactly...[what] was going on between these two countries, and they’ll see what a good ambassador, what a good diplomat Kurt Volker was...”

Unfortunately, the person who gets to decide about releasing the transcript is the chairman of the committee, who is...(heavy sigh) Adam Schiff. According to Jordan, Schiff had stringent rules for questioning Volker, such as limits on members’ ability to ask questions and even the staff they could have involved, and also a refusal to let State Department lawyers be present.

Even so, I think we’ll have more of the facts soon. (Pay no attention to anonymous leaks to the fake news.) President Trump wants to be as transparent as possible, so who is guilty of “obstruction” here? Right now, it looks like Schiff to me. In the meantime, here’s Catherine Herridge’s report:

Congressional interview with ex-Ukraine envoy blows hole in Democrats' 'quid pro quo' claim against Trump: GOP lawmaker

In addition, the State Department IG has presented evidence of “collusion” between Ukraine and the Democratic National Committee. And Rudy Giuliani has also assembled a stunning timeline for the events linking Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings, which Sean Hannity outlined Thursday night. Rudy’s got it all documented. A couple of items stand out to me:

May 2015 –- Hunter Biden (by now on the board of Burisma and getting $50,000 a month, though he has no qualifications) meets for breakfast with Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken regarding concerns about serious corruption within Burisma. By then Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin had opened a criminal investigation of Burisma, and Hunter had been identified as a person of interest.

October 2015 --- Hillary Clinton allegedly tells then-VP Joe Biden she won’t go after Hunter if Joe runs for President, but SHE CAN’T CONTROL WHAT HER STAFF WILL DO.

After that, we get into Joe Biden’s pressuring of then-President Poroshenko to dismiss Shokin and the “shakedown” we know took place concerning a $1 billion loan guarantee. But the alleged conversation with Hillary is particularly interesting, as it has always seemed to me that the main reason Biden chose not to run in 2016 wasn’t grief over his son Beau’s death –- as raw as that surely was –- but actually because he didn’t dare run against the Clinton Machine. (Hey, I know what that’s like, and you don’t do it unless you’re really up to it.) This business with Hunter would surely be why he felt vulnerable.

Of course, he would have been ready to step in if Hillary had been indicted in July of 2016, but that was when then-FBI Director James Comey stood up and with a straight face said that “no reasonable prosecutor” would bring a case against her. Hillary got to stay in, and that kept Joe out.

Moving on, to “impeachment”: Since there was no floor vote, California Rep. Kevin McCarthy wrote a letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi to ask about the so-called impeachment inquiry. “Do you intend to grant co-equal subpoena power to both the Chair and Ranking Member at the committee level?” he asked. (In an actual inquiry, that would be the case.) “Do you intend to require that all subpoenas be subject to a vote of the full committee at the request of either the Chair or Ranking Member?” (Ditto.) “Do you intend to provide the President’s counsel the right to attend all hearings and depositions?...Do you intend to provide the President’s counsel the right to present evidence...[and] to object to the admittance of evidence?...Do you intend to prove the President’s counsel the right to recommend a witness list?...and more.

All of these would be required during a real impeachment inquiry. Pelosi does NOT want the President to have these rights. She especially doesn’t want Trump to be able to present evidence. Just from looking at the documentation Giuliani has in his possession, can you imagine an “impeachment” hearing getting into that stuff? Not gonna happen.

In fact, President Trump is sending Pelosi a letter essentially daring her to go ahead with her impeachment. He’s calling her bluff, and it’s delightful to see. He won’t cooperate unless it’s the real deal, requiring a House vote. According to Mark Levin, the Senate shouldn’t cooperate, either, as long as Pelosi isn’t following the rules, and should just vote to dismiss the whole thing. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell can use the “nuclear option” to dismiss it with a simply majority.

Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

Meanwhile, the real evidence coming in is supportive of Trump. Of course, we now know the so-called “whistleblower” (reportedly a rogue CIA agent) went to Schiff first –- Schiff lied repeatedly about that –- and Schiff’s office reportedly told him to seek legal counsel and go to the IG. Why on earth would a whistleblower go first to a political officeholder? Why would he get such partisan lawyers? (We’ve talked about Whistleblower Aid, which was formed to take down the Trump administration.) And why would the complaint be not in the form a real whistleblower would offer but more like, as Mark Levin calls it, “a second impeachment document”?

There’s so much more, and it’s all coming out, though most media will ignore it or excuse it as long as they can. The fire hose will keep blasting. We’re all gonna get wet, but that’s okay. And if this phone call with Michael Goodwin is any indication, the President is more optimistic than ever…

Goodwin: Trump talks impeachment, Dems and de Blasio in interview

• James C Kelly

10/04/2019 02:28 PM

Interesting, but some of us are convinced (don't KNOW, but believe) that there is absolutely no justice in DC

• Marilyn DeMarco

10/04/2019 02:26 PM

Thank you Governor for all you do and for keeping us informed with the truth. You continue to give me hope in this whole mess. Thank you so much. God bless you!

• Susan K

10/04/2019 02:25 PM

Our Republican US Senators need to be bold and keep pressure on the House. Be proactive, not just defend, defend, defend. I want to see them go on the offensive or this nonsense will just keep going on forever.

• Dorothy Bruce

10/04/2019 02:18 PM

We can always count on you to give the undiluted facts. Thanks for hanging in there for truth and justice when very few others will. Heard you preach once at First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, FL. It was a privilege. You were my first choice for President but was not surprised at the outcome. After all, folks would never tolerate a Christian pastor on the ticket.

• Kenny Gardner

10/04/2019 01:49 PM

I think it would be smart of President Trump to release the FISA documents now! That will tie together all the facts Trump is hammering about the 2016 Ukraine-Russian issue. At this point no one knows who Trump can trust in this administration. Deep State is DEEPER than Trump thinks. At this point I would not be fully trustful of Barr either. The DOJ is STILL running amok.

• jack macdonald

10/04/2019 01:47 PM

I have submitted many comments prompted by reading the comments of others. It is reassuring to some extent that there are people out there who actually can think and form sentences. What is going on with the Democrat/Socialist/Communist party is a study in how Socialism/communism takes hold. All it takes is for the public to allow the education system to corrupt the young naive minds of our children with no balance coming from the parent and for people to swallow the news coverage presented by a thoroughly corrupt media. The media ownership is incestuous with govt and does not present news with any balance of facts. I cannot come to grips with how many people I associate with or went to school with are now clueless. lemming like desciples of Socialism and worse. A real damn shame and I didn't see this coming before the Clintons came on the scene. How corrupted our society has become. Group think and PC are winning the day and the GOP had better step up their game.

• Geneva clayton

10/04/2019 01:34 PM

Why is it mike Flynn is still in jail for “supposedly” lying to. White House plant and PENCIL neck gets nothing for his blatant lies! I think dems are purposely doing all this to divide this country because their motto is “divide and conquer”. I KNOW I can’t be the only person who sees this!

• Theodore f. Mills

10/04/2019 01:32 PM

Thank you , governor.

• Jerry Korba

10/04/2019 01:31 PM

My first look at Rosenstein I said this guy would be a victim of friendly fire if in the Military; let me explain as a soldier you place your life in the hands of the person next to you and you have to fully trust him or her although first impressions are important action in the Military surpasses the first impression if you were in the West in the later 1800's Rosenstein would probably be a back shooter as was Ford was to Jesse James not a good person to be compared to. Thats why the explanation just because this Rosenstein looks like a rat we have to give him a chance to prove he's not. I think he is a RAT. As most of the pack he was surrounded by I hope they eat each other while trying to blame each other for their criminal actions. Sorry not many people like Rats not even those in your own pack. Blame each other I will be watching. I hope Barr will be a great Rodent replacement Officer.

• Shirley Scarbrough

10/04/2019 01:31 PM

They need to be fired all of them. I am so sick of all of their lies. The only reason they are doing this now is because they know President Trump will win a second term. I am a Democrat but the Democrats today aren't like the ones I knew when I was growing up. They are evil and mean and cruel and hateful. So when I vote it is going to be Republican. My mom was a Democrat. She would turn over in her grave to see how low they become these days.

• Kathy Dix

10/04/2019 01:27 PM

Mike,
    After reading the your article, " We Knew It ! " ....I did a big " Hallelujah ! "

• Dave McCommons

10/04/2019 01:24 PM

Mike,

I wanted to tell you first before I tell Rachel Maddow. Do think it is just a coincidence that the Hockey season just started? Think again, did you know that about half the foreign born players are not really players. They are here to work with President Trump in a covert operation to win in 202

I have reliable anonymous sources that are on the inside that are telling me that President Trump was watching a Hockey game. The sources tell me that the players were sending signals to him and he immediately got on the phone. Coincidence? I don't think so and I feel they need to have an investigation and subpoena the entire league to testify

This can't go on and is obvious that they would not have started the season if Trump was not President.

I hope you appreciate this heads up as I wanted you to get this info before Maddow

• Steve Sherry

10/04/2019 01:24 PM

Adam Schiff and these elitist radical leftist leaders are so corrupt it disgusts me greatly. I sure hope for vindication for their lawlessness and intent to destroy America all got their power hungryness. This is dictatorship planning.

• Joe Broadway

10/04/2019 01:15 PM

Do people draw straws to participate in a firing squad? Rosenstein can be the first of many.

• Deborah Myers

10/04/2019 01:02 PM

Thank you so much for keeping us informed. This is a very scary time for all of us.

• Betty Davis

10/04/2019 12:50 PM

Mr. Huckabee I sure hope I live long enough to see some of the people go through the hades they have put the President through since 2016. Even being a person with no college education I can see through all this, maybe because the Holy Spirit talks to me. God Bless and protect our President and First Lady and all his dedicated staff and our other Republican leaders. Thanks to you for all you do. We enjoy your show on TBN. God Bless.

• Louise Williams

10/04/2019 12:47 PM

I suspected for a long time that Rosenstein is an evil person. Like Obama, he probably is acting behind the scenes to undermine President Trump. If only we could get rid of Pelosi, Schumer and others the President will be able to accomplish much more. Thank you for your newsletters - I appreciate them and I trust you, Mr. Huckabee.

• Barbara Pentz

10/04/2019 12:29 PM

Thank God for your newsletters! Can't stand to watch the mainstream news. Thank you for your honesty, which I trust.

• Diane Samples

10/04/2019 12:27 PM

Why were the Biden's and Kerry's stepson not investigated sooner. The book Secret Empires by Peter Schweitzer lays many criminal charges. GOP is to weak.

• Deborah M Scott

10/04/2019 12:26 PM

Thank you so very much for your excellent, straightforward and honest reporting. I greatly value your daily newsletter. It is remarkable, to me, that anyone would stand behind, or remotely even believe that the Democrats are telling the truth, about anything! If the American people have any sense at all, President Trump will be reelected for four more years! President Trump may be "not the norm" for a President, but he is hones and says it like it is. The American people know exactly where he is coming from and what his position is on everything! President Trump upholds the Constitution and the rule of law, the values, beliefs, and freedoms that the United States of America was founded on. Trump 2020!!

• Ruth Lilley

10/04/2019 12:22 PM

SPOT ON!!!!

• Bennye ST.Claire

10/04/2019 12:19 PM

you know Mike after living through two Clinton Gang administrations, once n Arkansas and then as President I can see their hands all over this. Hillary especially since her run for the Presidency. What say you?

• gerald bonito

10/04/2019 12:09 PM

A conspiracy by the Democratic Socialist Nazi Party

• Karen a Armstrong

10/04/2019 12:08 PM

All this is exciting for the President, but will Hillary be held accountable, will Joe Biden? And James Comey writing and touring???? I love when its all uncovered, but when will they be held accountable for all the lies and harassment of the President. And I guarantee Obama is not squeaky clean of it either. I am very disappointed in our Judicial system and what its become. Normal working folks can forget a court appearance and they are thrown in jail, this nation is so corrupt now, I hate this is the legacy we are leaving to our grandchildren. In the case of Government, dirt pays. Regards, Karen

• Marilyn Braun