August 24, 2018

From reader Martha Barrett: “Thanks for sharing this information; it makes so much sense. We knew President Trump’s hands were tied, but did not understand the kind of knot that was being used.”

From reader Thomas R. Beckwith: “All of this nonsense is destroying the USA we once knew. I don’t know how anything good can come out of this mess. I truly feel saddened for what we will be passing on to the next generation of Americans.”

From reader Kathleen Hammad: What I cannot understand is why the Republicans in the House and Senate don’t demand equal justice for their own side of the political aisle; why is Hillary still free to roam the woods? Why do the Dems get away with so much stuff while it sticks like glue to the side of the patriots? Why isn’t Congress addressing these issues at the core?”

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

My commentary on the Democrats’ stunning plan to wage all-out war on the President if he makes a move to fire or pardon anyone involved with the “Russia” investigation has generated many impassioned responses. I share your dismay and disgust, especially in light of yesterday’s breaking news that the publisher of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER has received immunity for testimony concerning Michael Cohen’s payment to that publication to stop the “Karen” story. (“Immunity” for what? We can see where this is going.) Many readers offered suggestions: that Trump should just fire them all anyway and hang the consequences, that the only thing left to do is pray, that we’re headed for civil war.

Yes, as I said, these people deserve to go.  Rosenstein, in particular, has no business whatsoever overseeing the Mueller investigation for the reasons I outlined.  But Trump is smart not to fire them right now.  The Democrats who have spent the past year organizing their response would LOVE THAT.  Certainly his lawyers and some of his Republican friends in Congress are aware of the plot and have advised him.  The firestorm it would create would be unimaginably damaging to our country.

But so is the current situation.  Their strategy has been to legally tie Trump’s hands so tightly that he can’t even function as President.  (The argument that Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh can’t be confirmed with the President “under investigation” is one prime example.)  So, how should he react?  I’m not an attorney, but as long as his lawyers see no huge downside to my suggestions, here they are:

–- DO NOT sit down for an interview with any of these vipers---I mean, investigators.

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

–- STOP tweeting about any of this.  Tweet only positive news.  (Many readers will second this!)

--- Move NOW to declassify all materials on FBI “investigations” of himself and Hillary.

Clearly –- I’m echoing reader Kathleen here –- Republicans in Congress and the Senate are going to have to step in forcefully.  THEY have oversight of the FBI.  THEY have the power of impeachment and may need to use that tool.  Perhaps THEY can induce a few resignations.  We’ve got some in the GOP who are letting this travesty go on, and that needs to stop NOW.  Our country is at stake.

So we have a part to play, too.  Whatever political pressure needs to be applied on Republicans to get them to act, we must apply it.  See how mobilized the Democrats are?  They will stop at nothing to run over us –- in court, in the media, in the entertainment culture, and in the entrenched government bureaucracy.  To avoid certain disaster, we must make ABSOLUTELY SURE in November that Congress remains in Republican hands.  And we must DEMAND that House and Senate Republicans step up and stop this nightmare.

In the meantime, I’ll caution the President again to just continue doing his excellent job and stay above the fray. As eloquent reader Dollie Pruitt said to me: “I agree with you and some Dems are rotten to the core, but I do with Trump would shut up and saw wood.”

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Deployed In Washington

Fruit Of The Abraham Accords

Tanden Withdraws Her Nomination

• Kevin Schwinkendorf

08/24/2018 05:22 PM

I just read where Rudy Giuliani stated that if President Trump were impeached, the American People would revolt! I believe this is true. For one thing, if that were to happen, my next question would be "where do I sign up?" (to fight for the President WE ELECTED!!!) The leftist media successfully removed President Nixon (by 1974), right after he successfully won re-election (by a landslide victory against McGovern in 1972). They will NOT succeed again! For one thing, the leftist media no longer has the monopoly it once had now that we have the internet!

• Linda Hall

08/24/2018 05:16 PM

My continued prayers for this great country and our President. No one should hold that much power over the president and be allowed to hold the whole country hostage. I look forward to reading your newsletter. The humor you toss in makes my day. God Bless you!

• Lynda Glass

08/24/2018 05:14 PM

Why is Mueller allowed to go after people and activities that have nothing to do with Russian involvement in are elections? The whole thing is getting sickening. It's hard to believe this can be allowed to go this long. They all need to go, every one them. Tax payers are footing the bill and all its done is divide are nation. I pray it ends soon an the President can continue to MAGA!

• Keith McDonald

08/24/2018 04:47 PM

Happy Birthday Mike! I hope you and your family (all y'all) are having an outstanding day. I love your show and I think Sarah is doing a great job. You have always been one of my favorite people. I'm 80 years old and I'm having a hard time understanding why the Republicans don't go on the offensive.

• Donald Reid

08/24/2018 04:30 PM

I watched the video Bad Lip Reading
    Loved it Funny Funny

• Connie Olsen

08/24/2018 04:27 PM

I am especially fed up with the "establishment" GOP! We expect this garbage (destroying America) from the DemocRATS!!! I WOULD BE THRILLED to see Trump eliminate the establishment Rhino's...first chance he gets! Yes, at this point, our most Powerful tool is prayer!! Then REVOLUTION!

• Daniel Lyons

08/24/2018 04:19 PM

Mike, you are exactly right. Like many, My heart hurts for the country. One thing we’ve all learned from this, is how the democrat party and many of its followers, care more about about themselves & power, than they do for the country, the flag & the constitution. It’s sad. They show more love & concern for illegals & countries that don’t like us, than they do for our own citizens. They’ve taken God out of everything & make fun of us Christians for even praying. May God have mercy on their souls.
    Thank You, Gov. Huckabee, for all you stand for.
    Daniel

• Julie Costa

08/24/2018 04:16 PM

I agree with you and your readers. Let the President's co-workers address the media. Stay positive on twitter (I know it's difficult), but necessary. Get somebody to begin addressing Hillary and her blatant crimes. The President worked for NBC, he should give them a good talking to to get them on the right path. Perhaps the others will follow. It's more than time to bring the Russian garbage to an end. And way past time to go after Hillary and ALL her corrupt cronies. On top of that, release all paperwork about the sexual slush fund. That should drain a very large portion of the swamp.

• Hugh Thomas

08/24/2018 03:35 PM

Governor Huckabee, What can a old man with IPF ; on oxygen but pray and vote THANKS FOR YOUR WORK . You can see way more than me. Worry about the people younger than me .hgt

• judy hannon

08/24/2018 03:34 PM

I agree with all of your sugestions

• Lynn M Nielsen

08/24/2018 03:31 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee -
    Thank you for your continued clarification of the liberals' unrelenting war on President Trump, as some days I've wondered if I've just listened to too much "news" and let myself become too convinced of/concerned with all the negativity and hatred. But then I remember, no - this is really REALLY happening, and will continue. And then, again, my stomach drops. Other times in my life I've had this deeply nauseated feeling were after the loss of dearly loved and treasured family and friends, and upon learning of my cancer diagnosis - twice (I'm now cancer-fee, praise God!. That is understandable because those terrible events were so personal. And now - this causes the same sickening feelings - this outright attack on my country, our Constitution, and on me and my fellow voters who elected President Trump. I am 66 years old and have never witnessed or experienced such animus and hatred as the liberals display - it actually scares me. I pray and continue to trust in God, but he has given us free will and I'm truly afraid we are closer than ever to the end times: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God..." 2 Timothy 3: 1-4 I don't even want to think of what will happen to our nation if these unholy haters succeed - I'm already down enough. Now I have to go eat more Tums. God help us!

• Linda Furlong

08/24/2018 03:27 PM

First, Happy Birthday Governor. You & I share the same birthday although I'm older than you.
    I wish AG Sessions would shur this down & fire Rosenstein & Mueller. Then he needs to go after the real criminals like Hillary.

• Phyllis Park

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

I am so grateful for your information of what Christians need to be aware of. We certainly don't hear the truth from the media. Our president NEEDS our prayers. I have to often remind myself that God put him in office and only God can remove him. As long as God wants him to be president NOTHING and NO ONE will be able to remove him no matter how hard they try. But he definitely needs our prayers. Only with God's help can he accomplish anything because of what is going on.
    By the way, Mike, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ??!!!!

• Cathy Burch

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

Gov. Huckabee, why is this investigation moving forward when it is illegal from the start. All Mueller’s charges should be void and dropped since this has been proven to be a coup to stop the candidate and now president based on illegally obtained warrants (Fisc) to then illegally spy on the campaign. Fruit of the poisonous tree. Who can follow up on this now!!!!

• Gail Faust

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

This household voted for Trump. Husband at 68 changed lifetime party from Dem to Repub. agree to all u posted. POTUS MUST STOP negative tweets! USA at stake this election cycle!

• Laura Marasco

08/24/2018 02:09 PM

I agree with you fully on your suggestions of what President Trump should do, especially with the tweeting. He needs to stop with the tweeting. If he does tweet, it need to be positive .

• MARSHALL PHILLIPS

08/24/2018 02:07 PM

President Trump would be well advised to stop reacting (by tweets and interviews) like a adolescent. Try rising above the degrading responses and concentrate on accomplishing the tasks you were elected to do.

• Marshall Suttles

08/24/2018 02:01 PM

Amen to the comments by Anne Turner and Barbara Gray!
    It seems to me that we may be missing the most critical factor in all this commotion, and that is the Nov. mid-term elections. I think a key part of the Dem's plan is to blind the peoples ability to think rationally and discourage us with our progress to make America Great Again. If we allow them to regain control of Congress, I believe we are sunk as a nation! They know the only way to destroy our President and his agenda is to take back the House and Senate. All this chatter right now is deceive the electorate and regain power! I urge everyone to do all you can to prevent this from happening so America's turn-a-round will continue with added support from congress! Let's put legs to our prayers!!

• Sandra E Beauman

08/24/2018 02:01 PM

The worse thing is that it is not only Democrats but also Republicans that are fighting against President Trump. To me that is just plain
    disgusting that a party will fight among themselves. It is hard to even know who to vote for in November because to me they are all corrupt and dont give a care about people they are supposed to be serving, but care more about how they can fill their pockets with our money.

• Michael Galloway

08/24/2018 01:53 PM

You are so right Mr. Huckabee in stating that the Democrats will stop at nothing to try to gain control. Don't trust them ever. Get out and vote in an attempt to keep Republicans in control of the House and Senate. Though I have become mistrusting and skeptical of many of the Republicans, I will still vote for any Republican any day over a Democrat candidate and hope that millions upon millions more feel the same way when they go to the polls in November.

Your suggestions to the President are very good. I wish they would actually get to him and he'd take them serious. I can't agree more that the President should stop tweeting about anything except positives. There are so many positives to report, whether its the economy, sanctions against countries like Iran that hate us, the deregulation of Obama era overabundance of regulations, etc. There is so much that the president could tweet and tweeting the positives based upon facts will drive the liberal media and others crazy. I have thought for a long time that when it comes to his staff (not the media) but the WH staff for as long as they are in place, praise in public, criticize in private. I think I know why the president tweets about almost anything, because he is frustrated and can't trust the media to report factually on anything, but it is time to stop tweeting, other than positives and get the positives out to the American public starting now and right up and until the November elections !

• April Allison-Garlow

08/24/2018 01:49 PM

Trump and the Republican party need to play offense--start firing people not in the DOJ or FBI, people that are incompetent in other agencies. Start cleaning house where they can, they can restructure agencies to eliminate waste, stop running in fear---turn around and bite back----no comments to the media or twitter---REAL ACTIONS----the time is now to show solidarity and commitment to MAGA agenda.

• Ron Carmony

08/24/2018 01:34 PM

We started heading toward another civil war in January 2009 when one of Obama's first orders of business was to call a white police officer "stupid" for simply doing his job. It's gone south ever since then.

• Carol Fraser

08/24/2018 01:26 PM

We already have a civil war, Mr. Huckabee. It is being fought daily with words from the media and celebrity pundits telling the rest of America how they should think , what to post on social media, and driving people out of public places, and rioting for no good reason. Mr. Soros funds some of these activities. It is my understanding that he was ostracized from Britain and told not to come back. Too bad we can't do that here. So prayer, yes, I agree, is what is needed as only God can help us remain a free and exceptionally wonderful county.

• Patricia Hubly

08/24/2018 01:24 PM

Praying our children/grandchildren will never have to write: "Why didn't somebody do something?"

• mary jo newman

08/24/2018 01:13 PM

i am so tired of all of this. my concerns are what Mr. Trump does now as our president. not before. We can't get anything done that needs to be taken care of. I feel most of the public worries about our borders, our ecomony social security, jobs and our future fir our children grand children and great grandchildren . My wirds to Mr. trump just do your job and keep diing it

August 24, 2018

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Deployed In Washington

I watched the video Bad Lip Reading
    Loved it Funny Funny

• Connie Olsen

08/24/2018 04:27 PM

• Daniel Lyons

08/24/2018 04:19 PM

Thank You, Gov. Huckabee, for all you stand for.
    Daniel

08/24/2018 03:31 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee -

• Linda Furlong

08/24/2018 03:27 PM

• Phyllis Park

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

By the way, Mike, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ??!!!!

• Cathy Burch

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

• Gail Faust

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

• Laura Marasco

08/24/2018 02:09 PM

• MARSHALL PHILLIPS

08/24/2018 02:07 PM

• Marshall Suttles

08/24/2018 02:01 PM

Amen to the comments by Anne Turner and Barbara Gray!

• Sandra E Beauman

08/24/2018 01:24 PM

• mary jo newman

08/24/2018 01:13 PM

August 24, 2018

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Deployed In Washington

I watched the video Bad Lip Reading
    Loved it Funny Funny

• Connie Olsen

08/24/2018 04:27 PM

• Daniel Lyons

08/24/2018 04:19 PM

Thank You, Gov. Huckabee, for all you stand for.
    Daniel

08/24/2018 03:31 PM

Dear Gov. Huckabee -

• Linda Furlong

08/24/2018 03:27 PM

• Phyllis Park

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

By the way, Mike, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ??!!!!

• Cathy Burch

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

• Gail Faust

08/24/2018 03:13 PM

• Laura Marasco

08/24/2018 02:09 PM

• MARSHALL PHILLIPS

08/24/2018 02:07 PM

• Marshall Suttles

08/24/2018 02:01 PM

Amen to the comments by Anne Turner and Barbara Gray!

• Sandra E Beauman