August 24, 2018

From reader Martha Barrett: “Thanks for sharing this information; it makes so much sense. We knew President Trump’s hands were tied, but did not understand the kind of knot that was being used.”

From reader Thomas R. Beckwith: “All of this nonsense is destroying the USA we once knew. I don’t know how anything good can come out of this mess. I truly feel saddened for what we will be passing on to the next generation of Americans.”

From reader Kathleen Hammad: What I cannot understand is why the Republicans in the House and Senate don’t demand equal justice for their own side of the political aisle; why is Hillary still free to roam the woods? Why do the Dems get away with so much stuff while it sticks like glue to the side of the patriots? Why isn’t Congress addressing these issues at the core?”

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

My commentary on the Democrats’ stunning plan to wage all-out war on the President if he makes a move to fire or pardon anyone involved with the “Russia” investigation has generated many impassioned responses. I share your dismay and disgust, especially in light of yesterday’s breaking news that the publisher of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER has received immunity for testimony concerning Michael Cohen’s payment to that publication to stop the “Karen” story. (“Immunity” for what? We can see where this is going.) Many readers offered suggestions: that Trump should just fire them all anyway and hang the consequences, that the only thing left to do is pray, that we’re headed for civil war.

Yes, as I said, these people deserve to go.  Rosenstein, in particular, has no business whatsoever overseeing the Mueller investigation for the reasons I outlined.  But Trump is smart not to fire them right now.  The Democrats who have spent the past year organizing their response would LOVE THAT.  Certainly his lawyers and some of his Republican friends in Congress are aware of the plot and have advised him.  The firestorm it would create would be unimaginably damaging to our country.

But so is the current situation.  Their strategy has been to legally tie Trump’s hands so tightly that he can’t even function as President.  (The argument that Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh can’t be confirmed with the President “under investigation” is one prime example.)  So, how should he react?  I’m not an attorney, but as long as his lawyers see no huge downside to my suggestions, here they are:

–- DO NOT sit down for an interview with any of these vipers---I mean, investigators.

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

–- STOP tweeting about any of this.  Tweet only positive news.  (Many readers will second this!)

--- Move NOW to declassify all materials on FBI “investigations” of himself and Hillary.

Clearly –- I’m echoing reader Kathleen here –- Republicans in Congress and the Senate are going to have to step in forcefully.  THEY have oversight of the FBI.  THEY have the power of impeachment and may need to use that tool.  Perhaps THEY can induce a few resignations.  We’ve got some in the GOP who are letting this travesty go on, and that needs to stop NOW.  Our country is at stake.

So we have a part to play, too.  Whatever political pressure needs to be applied on Republicans to get them to act, we must apply it.  See how mobilized the Democrats are?  They will stop at nothing to run over us –- in court, in the media, in the entertainment culture, and in the entrenched government bureaucracy.  To avoid certain disaster, we must make ABSOLUTELY SURE in November that Congress remains in Republican hands.  And we must DEMAND that House and Senate Republicans step up and stop this nightmare.

In the meantime, I’ll caution the President again to just continue doing his excellent job and stay above the fray. As eloquent reader Dollie Pruitt said to me: “I agree with you and some Dems are rotten to the core, but I do with Trump would shut up and saw wood.”

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Paul Rossi Is Fired

A Look Back At Earth Day Predictions

• Kenneth D. White

08/24/2018 01:08 PM

I am so ashamed of our Congress, both Dems and Republicans, for the lack of leadership, all the bias, and lack of caring what their constituents really want! The USA I grew up in is gone! You are right to mention civil war (how sad) is looming. The Left and the Deep State are trying desperately to keep control of their power! True Americans must rise and stand for our priciples, our Constitution, and demand our leaders(?) in Congress to lead us to peace and law-abiding action to restore our Republic! Prayers for all our representatives, our senators, and our President! God (please) bless America!

• RIchard Parker

08/24/2018 01:05 PM

Dear Mike,

You are so sensible. I wish even half of the Senate and House members were the same. I truly hope that the President does consider you a valuable friend and adviser.

I have been worrying about how the midterms will go and was thinking that, maybe the Republicans could create an interesting diversion by suggesting that they are in favour of cleaning up the masses of floating plastic in the worlds oceans. This might go a long way to to win over undecided environmentalists as well as well intentioned Democrats and do a very worthwhile project that the world nations should all support. How would the media turn this into a bad thing?

Regards,

Richard

• Susan Lunsford

08/24/2018 12:55 PM

If banks ban together & deny financing to gun manufacturers & dealers, it would open up a black market unimaginable. Those surely won't meet our rules for limits on magazine size & automatics not to mention civil war.

• lynne jones

08/24/2018 12:46 PM

The trouble with Trump shutting up is, he is the only source of evil doing on the liberal left. They certainly aren't going to tell on themselves. We need a balance in the news feed that is not forthwith.

• Robert Bagnell

08/24/2018 12:44 PM

First I don’t think President Trump’s surrogates are doing a good job. First they should be showing why Sessions pushed to get Rosenstein, next they should make the case/show Rosenstein’s long standing involvement with the Clinton’s and last they should show how Mullier and Rosenstine, McCabe and Weismann have ‘exposure’ In Uranium One (Comey and Yates maybe involved in a cover up)
    Now what would I recommend the President do? Go and give Manafort a ‘partial’ pardon - all crimes before 31 May 2010 ( a full five years before Mr Trump got into politics) then wait for the democrat fire-storm at the peak of this fire storm declassify EVERY piece of evidence ( including FISA memos) President Trump May have to get the Federal Marshal as well as either active duty or veteran special forces on standby because they may have to go to DOJ and FBI headquarters to seize all the correspondence before the corrupt deep state actors destroy it. Then immediately get a full copy to Nunes, Goodlatte and Grassley; addition get a full copy to the American people by release it to Hannity, Levin and Rush Limbaugh
    As soon as the American people see the truth the president should call out many of the Democrats in the Senate (Warner for example) as well as so many democrat in the House (call them out as liers to their face) this will really put the Democrats on the defensive. Immediately follow up by firing Sessions Rosenstein and Mueller and have the Acting Attorney General appoint one or more special counsel (Clinton email, Uranium One and corruption at DOJ and FBI) I would also recommend he (Trump) get rid or Director Wray - go to Senate and get them to get along with a short term appointment of a Director to ‘clean up FBI’ (maybe someone like Collstrum) after everything is cleaned up this special Director could against retire (maybe 1-2 years) the new Director would again be appointed to the 10 year term
    If you’re were interested I would be glad to assist the surrogates craft the message(s)

• Judy Stoops

08/24/2018 12:44 PM

Thank you for your stand on being a Christian. I am a born again Christian and we need people who we cab trust to tell us what we don't get in the media. Your daughter is so precious and stands with her convictions.
    Lord bless you and you would have made a great president.

• Doug Morgan

08/24/2018 12:44 PM

President Trump vision of true immigration reform, border walls and a sovereign America fully functioning economically, creating jobs, avoiding war through effective negotiations with other nations, religious freedom and defending the Constitution by nominating conservative Supreme Court Judges flies directly in the face of the "New World Order." If Hillary had been elected we would have no hope of remaining a sovereign country. She would have made the moves to continue the "giving free of charge" of America to the world. The Deep State is all part of that world wide conspiracy. So the reason we have the republican'ts and socialist AKA democrats all either attacking Trump with a vengeance or sitting idly by and allowing it to take place because they in truth are part of the New World Order Plan.

However, I do not understand why the President doesn't declassify the FISA documents for all to see. At this point (who said that?) it appears that there would be no national security issues. I know I don't have access to everything, but as a supporter of the President, I sure wish he would put it out there for all to see. AND stop the negative Tweets. Some of them put him in the same class as "the Max".

• Maggie Faltskog

08/24/2018 12:43 PM

Patience.....Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves! The longer it takes the better it will be. It's already starting to happen.

• Dolores

08/24/2018 12:43 PM

Sessions is a career politician. Maybe he is part of the "good ol' boy network". Maybe he is part of the swamp; part of the problem to a broken system rather than the solution? Also, maybe a ticker should scroll across the bottom of the screen of C-SPAN, FNC, CNN, etc. with the amounts of special interest money exchanging hands from the "donor class". The donors should be named and the recipients should be named, not just the elected officials, but the appointed ones, too. A correlation could be made to the way our officials vote on each bill. This is transparency.

• Stacy

08/24/2018 12:41 PM

Thank you for being a true ally to our POTUS. He is up against a tremendous amt. of hate and scrutiny but, yet, he presses on. I pray for our POTUS and our country. Again, thank you for being a voice for him. God bless you and your family.

• Judith Daus

08/24/2018 12:39 PM

I agree with your very wise advise to President Trump NEVER to sit down with Mueller! Both he & Rosenstein are like rattlesnakes, just waiting to strike! I can understand the President's frustration with AG Sessions, he's been NO HELP to draining the swamp & I feel the jury's still out whether he's part of the Deep State! His recusal is outrageous! At the very least, he could FORCE the DOJ/FBI to hand over all the documents that under FOIA laws Congress, Judicial Watch & US Citizens have a RIGHT to see! Sessions is doing a good job on immigration, but he's AWOL with everything else! Keep up the good work, Mike!

• Danny Meyer

08/24/2018 12:36 PM

Please read the story on this link, https://thehornnews.com/guilty-anti-trump-leaker-sentenced/ Then tell me why Hillary Clinton is not in jail. What is Jeff Sessions doing besides nothing? Why is the Mule, Mueller prosecuting someone for anything other than Collusion with Russia? Where does his authority end? It is the responsibility of the IRS to investigate tax issues. Which begs the question why has the Clinton foundation not had an audit? There was money exchanged from other governments through that foundation? Our government has ceased to function for high crimes?

• Sharon Rojas

08/24/2018 12:31 PM

I love President Trump but also think he should tweet only about the wonderful things he's done for the country and stop slamming the enemy (though they deserve it). He should trust GOD to fight for him as He promised to do. Silence sometimes is golden

• Sandra Shoun

08/24/2018 12:25 PM

Your article on Dems trying to destroy President Trump is so real and scary for our country. I agree that the President should ignore their horrendous and nonstop lies and actions and continue his good works. Your suggestions to the President are excellent. Has he seen them? You say and I agree that we need to apply political pressure on Republicans in Congress to act. Is it possible that someone on your team can provide names and twitter addresses and script for these Republicans so that your readers can flood them with our request? It is our responsibility to do so before the midterms. And, we must vote.
    I have never seen such hatred, lies, and exaggerations, e.g., calling Trump a Nazi and calls for impeachment, as these Democrats are perpetuating. Republicans must step up and be more forceful in negating these Democrats and stop them from getting away with criminal activities while Republicans, especially the President, are continually berated for imaginary wrongs. Where are the voices of Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell? My heart bleeds for President Trump.

Thank you.

• Mac Moody

08/24/2018 12:22 PM

Congress has only one concern-THEMSELVES. They are afraid of the dimms. There only a few Republican fighting the rest just sit there or do the opposite by following the dimms. If we do not get rid of them quickly then our Nation will become another Venezuela. The liberals for some reason can not think of anything but hatred for PRESIDENT TRUMP. What can we do now to help him.

• Blaise Schmidt

08/24/2018 12:15 PM

Governor,
    You are spot on. If I could change one thing about our President, is to stop the nonsense Tweeting. Concentrate on the big picture and let the leaders take care of the battles.
    I watched Neil Cavuto last night. His final comments about the President need to be followed.
    Sarah is doing a fantastic job.??????

• Stephen H. Thomas

08/24/2018 12:13 PM

You NEVER speak to the "Fake-A-Buster." The Senate is NEVER going to do anything as long as the RINOs have the 60 vote rule they can hide behind. And, the leftist, globalist, progressive agenda marches on. The "Fake-A-Buster" could be ended in short order with a simple majority vote and hardly anyone speaks to this. In the end we will get the government we deserve if we ALL do not speak up. I have contacted my RINOs in the Senate and gotten their condescending response. I really am starting to think about Belize.

• Carole Weaver

08/24/2018 12:11 PM

What will it take to have unity in our country? I'll bet the rest of the world is laughing at us!

• Darlene shelton

08/24/2018 12:08 PM

Mr Huckabee, thanks for your prayers and wisdom, and for your daughter Sara, and the great job you both are doing. I am so saddened, but, also know that our God has this all in control. I see Gods work at hand, I have a friend who has share with me from day one what evil and lies was coming against President Trump, and she a praying women. So I rest in knowing that.

I also been praying, for all those who are doing evil against our President his family and Administration, and as much as I want to hate them for what they r doing, I fell sorry for them. I agree with your all your points of views. As we will continue to pray for this Administration and Trump family for Gods protection and covering. I love you in Christ Mr Huckabee, and I did vote and write in you in your name when you were running for President, and I am a black proud women supporting President Trump.??

• TERRY LEE DELIA

08/24/2018 11:58 AM

President Trump is surely being guided by a Divine power. How he continues under this burden is unbelieveable . His tweets are reactionary and necessary, painful as they may be. His transparency is admirable. We the Deplorables could give a rat's patootie about what he did in his personal life years ago. Let's remember that Clinton committed his assaults/liasions with women other than his wife while he held public office as a governor and as president. There is a big difference. Hopefully Republicans will retain their majority, otherwise this grandmother may be forced to become a Patriot Activist. And yes, this means what you think it means. Pray for a Red Tsunami in November.

• John G Gordon Sr

08/24/2018 11:46 AM

The way things are going, Manafort old case reopened, Choen old case reopened, maybe they should let the Independent Counsel keep going. They are sure to get around to Hillary's case soon and they will reopen that, NOT

• ROBERT MCFATE

08/24/2018 11:43 AM

National Enquirer as a witness? It's one of the biggest scandal rags in the US and they expect to get truth from it's owner. Talk a bout a "witch hunt" when they stoop to get a scandal rag to bring up unproven dirt on someone!

• Anne turner

08/24/2018 11:39 AM

Unfirtunately, the President brings much on himself. He should state his positions clearly, once. He should refrain from lowering himself and the presidency to name calling. That does not mean that he should not be forceful in refuting the mud slinging but should rise above it. “Do the democrats not like minorities having better employment? No, they do not. This way the victim class deminishes.” He could explain things like that. He should not openly criticize his appointees. Dignity, Mr. President, dignity. Take note of you wife’s demeanor and learn. .

• Gerald Mohr

08/24/2018 11:37 AM

"Why are the Republicans not responding like they should." I think that corruption in the Political Arena runs far deeper than we know. Hillary made a comment some time ago that if she had to she would name names that would bring down a lot more people in that arena. Perhaps we need to all " get out a vote" and start cleaning the Swamp ourselves.

• Suzi Stack

08/24/2018 11:36 AM

On this mornings Fox News a reporter was on the street asking passers by if America is or has ever been great. Most said no. I was shocked by this brainwashing of the public. Time for GOP to wake up!

August 24, 2018

…………...

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:  Dems ready to launch all-out war on President Trump

–- Under present circumstances, DO NOT fire Mueller, Rosenstein or Sessions.

--- DO NOT even talk about pardoning anyone.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

Paul Rossi Is Fired

• lynne jones

08/24/2018 12:46 PM

• Robert Bagnell

08/24/2018 12:44 PM

• Judy Stoops

08/24/2018 12:44 PM

Lord bless you and you would have made a great president.

• Doug Morgan

Thank you.

• Mac Moody

08/24/2018 12:22 PM

• Blaise Schmidt

08/24/2018 12:15 PM

Governor,
    Sarah is doing a fantastic job.??????

• Stephen H. Thomas