August 14, 2020

If (when!) Joe Biden’s campaign manages to weasel out of any debate appearances with President Trump, Trump's campaign should just buy some prime airtime, put him next to an empty chair (or maybe a cardboard cut-out of Biden), and have him give the opening statement he might have made in a real debate (but significantly longer, since Joe's not there). Here's what I wish he would say:

PRESIDENT TRUMP:

"My fellow Americans, I love my country –- I love America, with all my heart. I always have. And I feel really bad right now, because millions of Americans, just because they don’t like ME –- don’t like my style, don’t like my tweets, don’t like things they think I’ve said (most of which are twisted-up versions that convey something I never intended) –- are ready to vote for anybody but me. Anybody. I mean……..ANYBODY. That’s what “never-Trumper” means, after all; I know that. And THAT means, right now, this country is in big trouble.

“Because they don’t like ME, some Americans might unwittingly put into power a radical political machine that will decimate their most basic freedoms, with ruthless, violent tactics and a long list of demands that will change America into something unrecognizable, probably forever. (Some of this has been a long time coming, but because the virus hit, they’re jumping on the crisis as a way to take control quickly.)

"Because they don’t like ME, some Americans might unwittingly offer inroads to groups that literally want to destroy American cities --- that are ALREADY destroying American cities, GREAT American cities.

“Because they don’t like ME, some in our government abused our own justice system to try to bring me down, and if they get away with what they did, mark my word, they’ll do it again to the next leader they don’t like. They went so far as to accuse me, with no evidence at all except for what was falsified, of working as an agent of Russia. It was crazy –- 2020 will go down in history as “the year America went crazy.” Who needs Russia to interfere in our elections when we’ve got our own bureaucracy to do it, as well as various outside influences with virtually limitless resources, pouring money into radical leftist anti-American groups?

“Because they don’t like ME, some Americans ignore all that I did --- before the virus arrived from China to at least temporarily undo much of it --- to bring the economy back like gangbusters after years of weak semi-recovery. They ignore the incredible benefit that came out of that to hard-working Americans, men and women, of all races, in all walks of life.

“Because they don’t like ME, some Americans even ignore the legitimate work of some doctors and researchers because they think it’s more important to believe I’m wrong. And they forget that I was the one to stop incoming travel from China and Europe, which likely saved thousands of American lives, when my opponents ridiculed that.

“Because they don’t like ME, some Americans paint me as someone I don’t even know. Really, I don’t even recognize myself from what they say. If I met that person, I wouldn’t like him, either! They’ve said I only care about myself, when that is such a lie. I know, I know, it’s just politics. Say whatever you need to, right? (Like Kamala, she knows all about that.) But those of you who don’t like me need to understand: the object of your hatred is a phantom, something made up. My own style –- which can be misinterpreted, I know –- may have helped fixate that in your mind, as I’m obviously not a slick politician, but it’s still false.

“I don’t care a whole lot about that part of it, because I knew when I got into politics that it would be rough. I got into it anyway because I love my country and had a beautiful vision of what we could do. I kind of expected the lies from the politicians, but the media –- you have a lot to answer for. Because YOU don’t like me, you have become a shameful propaganda machine for my opponents. You are to journalism what potted meat is to chateaubriand. And it doesn’t seem to matter to you how this might damage our country in the long run. You just wanted Americans to hate me.

“And now, because you did your job and some of them DO hate me, they may be on the verge of putting into power a group of people, those on the far left, who don’t know what in hell they are doing. I mean, they don’t. We can all see they don’t, unless pure anarchy really is what they want. They’ve shown they can’t run cities. They can’t run states. They won’t enforce the law. They’ll gladly take away your police AND your means to defend yourself.

And everywhere they look, they see racism that in most cases isn’t even there, except in their own minds. They don’t understand that in our country, in just the past several decades, most hearts and minds have changed drastically about race, which is fantastic. And it was only going to get better. It’s as if for some reason they weren’t comfortable with that and wanted to do something, quite deliberately, to make it worse again. I wonder why that is?

These people don’t care about law and order. They don’t care about your personal freedom. They don’t care about learning from history; they want to rewrite it to fit their own agenda, which is to tear down the results of hundreds of years of hard work and incredible advancement.

“Now, simply because some Americans don’t like ME, America is in jeopardy of losing everything that makes it...America. I want you to be aware of this when you cast your vote. PLEASE don’t put our beloved country into the hands of people who are set on destroying its very foundation, and I am not exaggerating, not one bit. I love this country. I’ve showed you the kinds of things I can do for this country, to make it better for all. We’ll get through this virus, and you know I’m the one who needs to be in charge of the vibrant recovery we’ll need afterwards.

So I’m asking for your vote. Remember, it has to be a landslide vote that can be counted right away because so many people will be mailing in their ballots –- vote in person! –-and it has be decisive to save this country from even more chaos. More is at stake now than almost ever before in the history of our country, and I know you realize that. Thank you with all my heart, and God bless America.

• Patricia Howland

08/16/2020 02:23 AM

Amen!!! Well said! In fact , I
    have told Trump hater friends, acquaintances of mine that they hate Trump more than they love our great United States of America! They do suffer from TDS- Trump Derangement Syndrome. I do believe that the bought and paid for media is greatly responsible. How can do many people do such a thing to our great nation!
    Believe me, I know that there has to be an evil force behind all this Corruption. Suspect the 3rd World Order , Sorros, greedy corrupt politicians,
    However, the Lord Jesus Christ is greater than all this evil.
    We must Pray for his intervention.

• Sarah Elizabeth Bassett

08/15/2020 11:43 PM

Bravo!! Encore!!
    Well said! How I wish it will work. 'Cause I am very sure my President Trump truly feels that way!??????

• Loraine Kenney

08/15/2020 10:19 PM

Great stuff! Good script for our great Preff sad ident to use!! Yes!! Thanks.

• Ken

08/15/2020 10:10 PM

Please, please President Trump. Give this to the American people so the scales can fall from evil hearts! God Bless you sir. And GOD Bless America ??????????

• Josh Clements

08/15/2020 09:59 PM

Well said my friend!!!!Well said!

• michael j. hogan

08/15/2020 08:56 PM

So Trumpian but with the rough edges made smooth. Fantastic piece and perfect. Please forward to President Trump because I truly believe he should be able to see for himself how excellent this encompassing history and reality of what is at stake can't be held back. Bless your heart.

• Larry Ray Jones

08/15/2020 08:04 PM

This is excellent and needs to be presented directly to the President for his personal consideration. Hopefully he will have the opportunity to deliver it.

• Patricia de la Tejera

08/15/2020 07:38 PM

A great speech! I hope Trump reads it. Thank you, Laura.

• Elaine Liming

08/15/2020 07:21 PM

You have taken time to write a speech, President Trump needs to give. It was excellent, I am giving you an A+ I know that you thought about our country when you wrote this piece. You love this country and want the best qualified in this important office.
    Bless you and thank you.

• Doug Morgan

08/15/2020 06:50 PM

Ms Ainsworth, a very well constructed President Trump Speech. I would add that the opposition are socialist/Marxists and the party of death. Look at the cities they run: Burning, looting, murder (BLM) rioting, destruction of property and of course they are for infanticide of millions of babies. The president and all republicans need to stress that the democrats try to sugar coat their policies with politically correct descriptions but they are clearly, and absolutely the party of death, destruction, and violence.

• Patricia Calabrese

08/15/2020 06:43 PM

Laura, that is an awesome speech! I wish you would submit it to the President. He of course could/would (lol) tweak it to add whatever else he wanted to say, but I think this is a terrific base for him to build his speech on. Great job!!

• Linda Hebert

08/15/2020 05:48 PM

Stellar Debate Ms Ainsworth! ! PLeaseeeeee submit your "Presidential Debate" response to President Trump ASAP! Open up the flood gates to the polls, to vote "IN PERSON" and capture the landslide victory for President Trump, "before the polls close on the west coast!"

• Carl "T" Smith

08/15/2020 05:40 PM

Great summation! I would only add one comment; They are in it for Power, Control and the PERKS. and in some cases feeding off the Taxpayer is the only vocation they know.
    PS; How about adding a Printer-Friendly button. I have many friends that don't own or have access to a computer and handing them a Printed Copy is the only News they get except the Communist News Network.

• Joan Bates

08/15/2020 05:34 PM

Loved your article. I almost believed our President wrote it.

• Marti Pepiot

08/15/2020 05:31 PM

This is an excellent piece!!! Thank you so much for writing it for us to read. I’m praying that President Trump does indeed see this and use it, or something very similar to it so the American public can hear!
    So sad that people have been so brainwashed by liberals and msm that they don’t realize what will happen if President Trump isn’t re-elected !
    Thank you again for the inspired words!

• Rosalie Richardson

08/15/2020 05:24 PM

Excellent!

• Patty Helms

08/15/2020 05:24 PM

I think Pres Trump should do the debate with a cardboard cut-out of Biden. Ainsworth would be the moderator. After you ask the question, play a recorded statement, that Biden made, sometime in his career. Like, "Have you ever used quid pro quo"? His reply "yes". Then play the video of him bragging about what he did to that prosecutor in Ukraine. Etc etc. There should be a ton of stuff out there!!

• Paul Kern

08/15/2020 05:23 PM

I appreciate your article. While I may not always agree with him I see he is a man of his word. So many politicians and even business and church leaders are girly men and garner no respect.
    So keep it up!

• Andrea Helen Eckert Watters

08/15/2020 05:21 PM

AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!!

• Barbara Brace

08/15/2020 05:17 PM

Well said.

• Gregory Weinman

08/15/2020 05:07 PM

Interesting but too long in my opinion and too much ME.
    I would prefer he talked about three important issues that every poll respondent says. I'd add a fourth as well.
    Jobs: We need to lower taxes on businesses so that every company will want their headquarters here and hire Americans.
    Health Care: We need to rewrite a portion of Obama Care and let younger people sign up at lower cost. Essential benefits are different to different people. Let people choose the benefits they want. Only pay for what you need
    Immigration: US immigration policy is too convoluted and does not invite the right people. We need to protect Dreamers. We need to recruit skilled labor. We need help from Eastern Europe, India, and Mexico. After the the coronavirus stops shutting down our economy we will need those people desperately. Actually we need people from all countries. Come on in.
    Education: For too long every president has sold college as the way to a good job. I'm here before you saying college is not right for everybody. We need auto mechanics, carpenters, electricians, metal workers, plumbers, welders, and many others, skilled labor all. School choice is the only way. Switch in the last half of high school from an education for the college bound to and education for the industry bound, especially skilled labor. Do you remember when every high school offered shop classes? I do. Let's bring it back.

• Flo Laney

08/15/2020 05:05 PM

Yes, Trump needs to schedule a debate before any votes are cast. And if Joe doesn’t show up, have it anyway! He needs to be heard as much as possible.

• Fred Adkins

08/15/2020 04:34 PM

Ms. Ainsworth, I totally love your idea of a televised ‘debate’ should Biden weasel out of the three he previously agreed to! And - your suggested script is perfect! So well written and directly to the point. Let us hope that President Trump or someone on his staff sees your suggestion and makes use of it. I believe President Trump approaches challenges with non-traditional methods, supported by common sense - and using your suggestion would be just that. Thank you for writing it!

• Brenda Wagoner

08/15/2020 04:25 PM

Wow! The best debate speech I’ve ever heard/read! Great job!

• Michael

08/15/2020 04:13 PM

Laura:An excellent speech that I truly hope the President will state. Americans need to hear the President say exactly what you wrote. I personally know several people who are voting Democrat just because they don't like the President's personality, etc. My efforts to tell them all the good the President has done for our country fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. We are truly in an uphill battle to win by a landslide against the schemes and plotting of the Democrats and others who will attempt to steal the election in November!!

August 14, 2020

PRESIDENT TRUMP:

• Patricia Howland

08/16/2020 02:23 AM

Amen!!! Well said! In fact , I
    However, the Lord Jesus Christ is greater than all this evil.
    We must Pray for his intervention.

• Sarah Elizabeth Bassett

08/15/2020 11:43 PM

Bravo!! Encore!!

• Loraine Kenney

08/15/2020 10:19 PM

Great stuff! Good script for our great Preff sad ident to use!! Yes!! Thanks.

• Ken

08/15/2020 10:10 PM

• Josh Clements

08/15/2020 09:59 PM

Well said my friend!!!!Well said!

• michael j. hogan

08/15/2020 08:56 PM

• Larry Ray Jones

08/15/2020 08:04 PM

• Patricia de la Tejera

08/15/2020 07:38 PM

A great speech! I hope Trump reads it. Thank you, Laura.

• Elaine Liming

08/15/2020 07:21 PM

Bless you and thank you.

• Doug Morgan

08/15/2020 06:50 PM

• Patricia Calabrese

08/15/2020 06:43 PM

• Linda Hebert

08/15/2020 05:48 PM

• Carl "T" Smith

08/15/2020 05:40 PM

• Joan Bates

08/15/2020 05:34 PM

Loved your article. I almost believed our President wrote it.

• Marti Pepiot

08/15/2020 05:31 PM

Thank you again for the inspired words!

• Rosalie Richardson

08/15/2020 05:21 PM

• Barbara Brace

08/15/2020 05:17 PM

Well said.

• Gregory Weinman

08/15/2020 05:07 PM

Interesting but too long in my opinion and too much ME.

• Flo Laney

08/15/2020 05:05 PM

• Fred Adkins

08/15/2020 04:34 PM

• Brenda Wagoner

08/15/2020 04:25 PM

Wow! The best debate speech I’ve ever heard/read! Great job!

• Michael