May 3, 2018

Imagine an America in which the intimidation factor is so high that no one in his right mind would dare work for a Republican candidate.

Unless things change, that’s where we’re headed, and the first to say publicly that he will never do it again is former Trump campaign communications advisor Michael Caputo. In an appearance on Tucker Carlson’s FOX News show after his three-hour interrogation before investigators from the special counsel’s office, he made it clear that Mueller is still looking very seriously into Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. When asked if there was any such collusion, Caputo replied, “Of course not.”

Nevertheless, the Mueller team appears to be scrupulously prepared to conduct an anal exam on Trump. “I’ll tell you, they know more about the Trump campaign than anybody that worked there,” Caputo said, “and they know more about what I did in 2016 than I do myself.” He hesitated to elaborate, though, saying he’d been “warned” by them not to say anything that might interfere with their investigation. Tucker wondered aloud if Caputo was being intimidated against exercising his freedom of speech. “I’m not gonna be friending them on Facebook today, if that’s what you’re asking,” Caputo replied.

He went on to detail his $125,000 in legal bills, which is more than he makes in a year –- “for nothing,” just complying with investigators –- plus the death threats against him and his family (including a piece of a sniper rifle that was mailed to his wife last month), and also the way he and his family are being trashed. “I’m just a witness,” he said. “I can’t imagine if somebody is a subject or a target, what they’re going to go through.” He’s opened a GoFundMe page to help cover his legal expenses and has raised about $10,000 so far.

And here’s where it gets chilling: “I certainly didn’t sign up for this when I went to work for the Trump campaign,” he said, “and I will NEVER, EVER work for another Republican campaign for as long as I live.” He went on to describe this as a part of the Democratic strategy, punishing people who work for this President. “I think they want to destroy the President, they want to destroy his family, they want to destroy his businesses, they want to destroy his friends, so that no billionaire in, let’s say, 15 years, wakes up and tells his wife, ‘You know what, the country’s broken, and only I can fix it.’ His wife will say, ‘Are you crazy?? Did you see what happened to Donald Trump and everybody around him?’ That’s what this is about.”

He made it clear that he was speaking only of Republican races (obviously, those are the ones being targeted), and that somebody would have to legally indemnify him for him to participate. “Clearly, these lawsuits after the fact are the new Democratic strategy: when you lose, you still win. I don’t think ANYBODY should work on a Republican campaign again unless they are legally indemnified. I think if you do, you’re crazy.” Tucker didn't ask the obvious follow-up question: "Well, after what Democrats have done to you, how can you work on Democratic campaigns?

So this is the goal of the Democrats’ scorched-earth policy: to destroy the Republican Party by using such ruinous intimidation tactics that no one will be associated with a GOP candidate. We saw it happen in 2016 in subtler ways to Trump voters, many of whom decided it might be better not to put a sign in the yard or admit to friends and co-workers that they were supporting him.

Caputo seemed quite calm and chatty on Tucker’s show, considering he’d had a rough day that included not just his testimony but also a blow-up in front of Democratic congressional aides. He said he’s had to sell his house to pay his staggering legal bills and that there had been a “visceral impact” on his children. He says that to make enough money to pay attorneys, he anticipates having to move from the small town in upstate New York he’d settled in to give his family a nice life and go back to working in Washington DC or some other high-powered den of iniquity (my terminology),

According to the story in the Daily Mail, Caputo directed his ire mostly at ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee Mark Warner of Virginia, who gets briefings from Daniel Jones, the former staffer for California Sen. Dianne Feinstein who under the name “Democratic Integrity Project” (ha) rounded up $50 million from wealthy Democratic donors to continue paying Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele to keep the “Russia” narrative going after Trump’s election. (We took a look at that story a couple of days ago.) He really wants to know who those donors are, because by keeping that bogus story alive, they’re causing grief to a lot of innocent people.

For the full story and transcript of his amazing statement to the committee, click here. I have to caution you, he does use a bit of rough language, but keep in mind: he is just about at the end of his rope, as any of us would be.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT. I READ THEM!

OR IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO SEND ME A MESSAGE, GO HERE.

• Cordell Axelson

05/03/2018 09:56 AM

This whole thing needs to stop! The average person can not go into debt just to protect themselves from the wolfs. I heard that some have had to even sell there homes in order to pay down their newly acquired debt defending themselves from the gang seeking to destroy the President and if possible all those that worked so hard on his campaign.

• Jon C Potter

05/03/2018 09:49 AM

Mueller is the person who hand carried a stolen uranium sample from Uranium One to Russia as part of the Clinton deal. He is also one who let 4 men stay in prison convicted of a murder they did not commit. Mueller is an accomplished criminal playing lawyer/investigator. Trump needs to tweet the uranium sample.

• Mike Grayson

05/03/2018 09:49 AM

Thanks for this story. This is actually an age old tactic. Stalin said, "Show me the man, and I'll find you the crime". Hitler and other despots also used this tactic on their rise to power. It is despotic and Trump needs to bring it to an end. Innocent people should not be made to suffer like this.

• Judy Clemence

05/03/2018 09:43 AM

This is heart breaking. Good people are being destroyed financially and emotionally! Why should people who are summoned by RM have to pay for travel, attorneys, etc.? This is a witch hunt? If they called me, a Trump supporter, to come in to be interrogated, I would have to be thrown in jail, because I would not have the financial means to meet their demands! Why can't these good people be reimbursed for having to participate in this farce of an investigation?

• Dawn DeMarco-Book

05/03/2018 09:42 AM

I truly beleive as a Christian, that God sees all and knows all. I know that the only person who could of handled this type of attack is the President. The people who are doing this will not get away with this. You can't hide from Our Lord. I pray for all of them and know THY WILL BE DONE!

• Charles Kirkland

05/03/2018 09:42 AM

He is pretty much right. The whole idea is to keep ANYONE from working for a Republican, with the goal of destroying the GOP, and making America a one party nation. With that, one will be able to eviscerate the Constitution, and implement socialism, or even worse, communism. This is the way of the New World Order. It needs to be stopped, before it gets any worse.

• Stephen Russell

05/03/2018 09:28 AM

Karma is coming, time to apply same to Mueller Team & then C them cry .
    3 witnesses raided & terrorized, the last one scares me the worst.
    What Next, Glad he said what he said, But Hell Foul up the investigation, toss a wrench into it.
    Slow it down, OK Trump do some Exec O actions.

May 3, 2018

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT. I READ THEM!

OR IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO SEND ME A MESSAGE, GO HERE.

• Cordell Axelson

05/03/2018 09:56 AM

• Jon C Potter

05/03/2018 09:49 AM

• Mike Grayson

05/03/2018 09:49 AM

• Judy Clemence

05/03/2018 09:43 AM

• Dawn DeMarco-Book

05/03/2018 09:42 AM

• Charles Kirkland

05/03/2018 09:42 AM

• Stephen Russell

05/03/2018 09:28 AM

Karma is coming, time to apply same to Mueller Team & then C them cry .
    3 witnesses raided & terrorized, the last one scares me the worst.
    Slow it down, OK Trump do some Exec O actions.