July 24, 2020

CHICAGO MAYOR GIVES IN

The violence in Chicago has gotten so out of control that Mayor Lori Lightfoot finally did what no other Democratic Mayor of a riot-plagued blue city has done: she gave in, stopped badmouthing and blaming her problems on President Trump, and actually talked to him about sending federal officers to help local police restore order. In retribution for her yielding to the two biggest enemies of the left – Trump and rationality – the protesters targeted her house. They demanded the defunding of the Chicago Police Department to the tune of 75% of its budget going “back into communities.” That’s just what Chicago needs: a 75% cut in police funding.

Someone should warn those protesters that, as we saw in Seattle, the surest way to get a leftist Democrat Mayor to finally do his or her job and let the police end the riots is for the mob to get too close to the Mayor’s own neighborhood.

Meanwhile, Mayor Lightfoot tried to mollify the mob by having a statue of Christopher Columbus removed from Grant Park under cover of darkness. I thought that the removal of statues was a matter of public interest that all citizens had a say in and that had to be decided by following prescribed channels, but I guess the mob has spoken, so they get their way. My friend, retired Lt. Col. Allen West (and congratulations to him for being elected chairman of the Texas Republican Party), made the observation that he didn’t know Columbus was responsible for all the recent killings in Chicago.

Me, neither. Although if Columbus could speak to us now, I wonder if he’d even protest his statue being removed from Chicago, or if he’d say, “If all America were like this, I’d be sorry I ever found it.”

PORTLANDIA II

Portlandia II – Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and other defenders of “peaceful protesters’” right to riot, assault federal agents and destroy federal property, declared that the mob did nothing to provoke the use of tear gas by federal officers, even as they threw flares and Molotov cocktails at the federal courthouse and set part of it on fire.

Wheeler, who was allegedly gassed twice because he was out supporting the protesters, declared, “I can tell you with 100 percent honesty, I saw nothing that provoked this response. This is an egregious overreaction on the part of the federal officers. There was nothing that I saw that warranted this overreaction.” The only way that’s 100% true is if he had tear gas in his eyes. In fact, shortly after he left, his own police department officially declared the scene to be a riot.

That linked article contains a little detail about Portland’s government that most people probably don’t know, but it will send a chill up your spine: “As mayor, Wheeler also serves as the police commissioner.” That explains why federal agents had to come in to defend the federal courthouse. The police were ordered to just stand by and do nothing. From the police report: “Portland Police were not present during any of the activity described. Portland Police did not engage with any crowds and did not deploy any CS gas. No arrests were made by Portland Police.”

You might also want to take any claims of Wheeler that he’s being “100% honest” with a pillar of salt. A reporter who was standing 15 yards away from Wheeler says his claim that he was viciously tear-gassed without provocation is a lie. CBN News contributor Chuck Holton said these alleged “peaceful protesters” were “actively attacking the federal courthouse in downtown Portland with rocks, bottles, water bottles, fireworks, paint-filled water balloons, dangerous green lasers, very powerful lasers, and, by the way, were starting fires, pretty large fires, on the portico of the federal courthouse.” Holton says Wheeler intentionally stationed himself in the middle of this mayhem where he had to know the tear gas would be fired and didn’t move, even though federal agents issued at least five loud warnings that it had been declared a riot, and they should disperse before crowd-control measures began. Holton says he has video footage to prove this.

I would like to add that if Wheeler truly didn’t see anything, it must be because he willfully closed his eyes to the violence that’s spread and worsened because of his dereliction of duty. At least he could open his eyes and see what's really happening, unlike the federal agents who may be permanently blinded because the “peaceful protesters” he’s protecting deliberately shone lasers into their eyes, which is classified by the UN as a war crime.

NO JACKSONVILLE CONVENTION

After moving the GOP Convention from Charlotte to Jacksonville, President Trump announced last night that he has decided to cancel the live convention due to the rise in coronavirus cases in Florida. Trump said the timing isn’t right, and he wants to set a good example by encouraging Americans to continue practicing social distancing and not crowding too close together.

Trump said there will be convention activities, just not a typical convention. Delegates will still meet in North Carolina to vote, and he will give an address when he accepts the nomination. It will likely just be televised and live-streamed. More on the story here:

On the subject of the coronavirus, this is a very interesting and provocative article by Clay Travis, author, attorney, radio host and founder of Outkick.com. He wrote the piece I linked to recently that took a close look at the rising infection rate compared to the plummeting death rate of the disease.

In this piece, Travis examines the nagging question of whether all the economy- and job-destroying lockdowns really made any difference at all in reducing coronavirus deaths. He compares Sweden, which did virtually nothing in hopes that a rapid spread of the disease would lead to herd immunity, to nations that imposed draconian lockdowns. Sweden’s death rate quickly accelerated, causing its leaders to be hammered for making a foolish, deadly policy mistake. But Sweden’s death rate quickly rose then dropped, while nations that imposed lockdowns dragged it out longer but still had just as many deaths.

As Travis notes, currently, with the pandemic having apparently wound down in Europe, Sweden’s death rate of 561 deaths per million people puts it right in the center of all the nations that imposed strict lockdowns: Below England (670), Spain (608) and Italy (580), but ahead of France (462) and the US (439 so far.) The US is so big and the states handled it differently, so cases are still rising in some states long after they’ve peaked in others. Still, even in states where cases are sharply rising, the death rate is down, so that the fatality rate in Florida so far is 249 per million, and in Texas, 148.

Travis also notes that despite the media praising New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for his brilliant handling of the crisis, an argument could be made that every decision New York made was wrong, resulting in a staggering fatality rate of 1,676 deaths per million residents. Despite all the draconian lockdowns that are still going on, New York had a death rate three times that of Sweden, which did virtually nothing but let the disease spread and burn itself out on its own.

Travis examines some uniquely bad decisions that might explain why New York’s death rate was so high, but overall, the data suggests that once the virus gets into a nation, it’s already too late to do anything to stop it. You just have to wait for it to peak and reach herd immunity. Government policies might slow the spread, or in New York’s case, make the death rate worse. But it’s possible that in the end, shutting down the entire economy or just going on with life will both yield almost the exact same results.

That’s something to think about and debate, but not too long or you might get pretty depressed.

CHINESE CONSULATE IN HOUSTON ORDERED TO SHUTDOWN

Tuesday, the US State Department ordered the Chinese consulate in Houston shut down, due to repeated acts of espionage, including “massive illegal spying and influence operations.” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, “We are setting out clear expectations as to how the Chinese Communist Party is going to behave. And when they don’t, we are going to take actions that protect the American people, protect our security, our national security, and also protect our economy and jobs.”

As if to create a visual illustration of the kind of skullduggery the consulate has been hiding, passersby soon noticed smoke billowing from the building and called the Fire Department. But firefighters weren’t allowed inside because it turned out consulate staffers were shoveling documents into open burn barrels in the courtyard, apparently to incinerate evidence before moving out.

Good for the State Department for taking a stand against China’s stealth war on the US. And who knows? Maybe the fact that the Chinese communist spies unleashed air pollution and CO2 will finally force the Democrats to say something negative about them.

INFANTICIDE=THE NEW ABORTION

The Democrats keep insisting that Black Lives Matter, but that doesn’t seem to apply to the lives of the disproportionate number of black babies snuffed out in abortion clinics. Now, as this article notes, you can add born-alive babies of all colors to the list of lives that don’t matter to them.

In finalizing the new budget bill, a number of amendments were offered that would have required doctors or clinics to provide life-saving care to babies born alive during abortion procedures. These measures didn’t punish anyone or impose undue burdens, they just required the doctors to give the same emergency care to those babies that they would give to any other living person in urgent medical need. This shouldn't be controversial, or even questionable: a living baby needs medical help, give it medical help! Yet in every case, the Democrats repeatedly shot the amendments down. As noted, the Democratic Party has effectively made infanticide the new abortion.

So please pardon me if I’m not impressed when they tell me how much they think black lives matter. I know that claim comes with an asterisk attached and a list of the lives to which it doesn’t apply.

DAILY VERSE

• Doug Bishop

07/25/2020 12:24 AM

There is a part of me that gets sick every time I read a new report about what is happening in this country. It starts in my tires and works it's way up to my head. I wonder if there is hope for America. I know I serve a big God who is able to bring about change but that change has got to be wanted and it seems like we have a big majority of government that wants nothing to do with that kind of change.

Christians may end up being a persecuted people in a country that began to allow religious freedom. So be it. I will never deny my God or the one he sent to save me.

I am thankful to you Mike for your reports and insights. They don't always give me hope but they do make me aware.

• Paul Kern

07/24/2020 11:39 PM

At this point these Democrats are acting more like the temple prostitutes of old. Serving in the temple of George Soros another AntiChrist wannabe. He keeps them well funded to their hearts desire. All they have to do is indulge in the new orgies of rioting and slaughter. Got to keep the death ovens full of human sacrifices

• Lawrence Foster

07/24/2020 11:02 PM

It's time for AG Barr to invoke the RICO act (Racketeering influenced Corrupt Organizations), and send in US marshals to arrest the Mayors of Portland and Seattle. A five am SWAT visit, with Fox News and OAN on hand should do the trick. Mayor Looselip (SP?) in Chicago got the message, the Portland and Seattle Mayors need some further training. Then they can start helping the police do their job. (May need to send some National Guard medics in to give the police leadership of both cities a shot of testosterone).

• J Patrick McDuff

07/24/2020 10:57 PM

Love the emails!

• Vickie Fiorentino

07/24/2020 10:57 PM

Was Wheeler off taking a leak in an alley somewhere so that he could "not witness" anything? Blacks don't care about anybody's lives now...those who do need to get their people under control.

• Beverly Ostrowski

07/24/2020 10:50 PM

As a senator Obama voted AGAINST getting medical help for babies surviving abortion.

• Cheryl Breon

07/24/2020 10:41 PM

At least my ex-cop friend knows that BLM has NOTHING to do with BL. Their platform says "take over the government" and that's all they are about. I wish their funding could be stopped and the absolutely ridiculous and insulting kneeling could be stopped at these sports events, or virtual sports events. It's like extortion is going on now where companies pay BLM to not burn their building and assault their employees. When I found out L.L.Bean was even cowtowing to them, I was so sad as I had just ordered a shirt for my husband's 65th birthday from them. No more.

• Tod C Butterfield

07/24/2020 10:27 PM

Excellent as always. So glad you all get your audience back in the studio! Best variety show on television anywhere.

• N Jones

07/24/2020 09:53 PM

While following your chinese consulate in houston story at the western journal site For july 21 there was a story about steve stockman who was also exposing clinton and obama dirt. He is older with Diabetes and other ailments and in a prison with rampant covid. He is qualified for home detention but someone is preventing it from happening. Could you and your team check into this? Thank you for all you do. It is so much appreciated! God bless!

• Charlotte Brees

07/24/2020 09:47 PM

The rioting in the US bothers me. The latest Chinese spying & all the stuff they've done to try to kill us off bothers me. But what really steams me is Black lives matter. The abortions, infanticide of babies born alive during an abortion procedure, aborted baby parts sold to research companies, etc., really make me ill. All the lives that God created matter. People be they white, black, red, yellow, or purple with orange polka dots. Animals, all of them, even the ones I don't like. The plants that God gave us to eat, look at, smell, etc. Everything God made has value. It matters. It's horrible that groups who say they support black lives are responsible for the terrible loss of life, injury, & property damage (especially to our historical monuments). I hope President Trump wins the coming election & that he sees to it that all of those people responsible for the rioting & destruction are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law & incarcerated forever in a country that does not have the wonderful freedoms we have in the US.

• J

07/24/2020 09:39 PM

Well, there's one area of this current news report that's uplifting: Hint: It's the one at the end, in full color!! Thank you!!

• Sharing n Smith

07/24/2020 09:28 PM

How can Pelosi call herself a Lioness to protect children when she kills babies. There is something wrong with her!

• Glenda Rice

07/24/2020 09:23 PM

Not related to this article but on my mind...if Joe Biden wins the election in November it won't be a Biden presidency but whomever he chooses as a running mate. There is no way he will make it 4 months let alone 4 years. He is totally mentally incompetent and a leftist puppet! God help us!

• Gregory George Keller

07/24/2020 09:20 PM

We should do what the Texas rangers would do send in a ranger too these city's that are rioting . One Texas ranger one riot .!

• Mary Kefalonitis

07/24/2020 09:14 PM

Is it possible for the Federal govt. to send a bill to Seattle or Portland city government for the clean up and repair work of the destruction of the federal buildings?

• Sandra Blake

07/24/2020 09:03 PM

Once again, Thank you for giving us the news that is not left-leaning, in other words "the rest of the story!"

• Doug Bourquin

07/24/2020 09:01 PM

A god ole country manure spreader might be the new weapon agin rioters!!

• Thomas Qualman

07/24/2020 09:01 PM

Correct: BLM is a farce as is anyone who supports them.

• Shirley cox

07/24/2020 08:35 PM

I just cannot understand why someone doesn`t do something about all theses riots, that ARE NOT violent !! It is ridiculous to let someone who is so disrespectful to laws and other people to continue with such VIOLENT and harmful behavior and not do anything about it!! It has gone on to long!! Through the in jail or something,stop them from destroying our country!! All people should have a say in what happens to statues that are a part of our history, it is our history and we don`t live like that anymore things have improved but that is what history is about to remind us we don`t want to go there anymore. Suck it up and move on. All lives matter I don`t care what anyone says. God made us all and we are suppose to love one another!!!.
    The corona virus is an awful pandemic attacking our world and people need to wake up and get down on their knees and ask God for His forgiveness and follow Him. I get tired of people saying they are not going to wear a mask, it is taking away their rights, that is a bunch of bull!! I have chronic bronchitis and I don`t like wearing a mask but I respect my fellow man and will do it . I would fill so guilty if I got the virus and someone caught it from me and they died, I don`t think I could live with the guilt!! So many say if you have underlying health conditions, stay home because I am not wearing a mask to protect you, I Don`t Care About You. All I can say is God have mercy on your soul! Sorry this was kinda long, but I will stop ranting for now!! God Bless!!

• Linda Wolfe

07/24/2020 08:34 PM

Coumo should be charged with manslaughter for Every Person who died of the COVID in nursing homes. He sent the virus patients there knowing the elderly people would catch the virus !

July 24, 2020

• Mary Kefalonitis

07/24/2020 09:14 PM

• Sandra Blake

07/24/2020 09:03 PM

• Doug Bourquin

07/24/2020 09:01 PM

A god ole country manure spreader might be the new weapon agin rioters!!

• Thomas Qualman

07/24/2020 09:01 PM

Correct: BLM is a farce as is anyone who supports them.

• Shirley cox