My commentary on the FBI’s shocking raid on Roger Stone’s house (“Is This Really America?”) prompted quite a few responses, and one in particular is a must-read –- at least this part of it, which especially touched and saddened me...

From Jean R:

My mother and father were in concentration camps in Germany, having been yanked from their homes in Poland. After the war, my dad wanted to go home, but it was a disaster, and the British and U.S. encouraged him to come to America since he had relatives here. He also had two children –- my brother and me (I was born after the war) –- and he wanted a better life for us. So he embarked on the legal journey with nothing much but papers and the promise of a new life...It took over four years to get everything in order.

I bring this up because during my entire life my father would talk about the tactics the Germans used. If my father were alive today, he would tell you that Mueller is just like the Gestapo of World War II. He is the Gestapo of America. This behavior from the Mueller group is despicable and beyond comprehension to a free society.

I can't even believe that I would write these words. I have loved America from the day I arrived here as a 4-year-old, and my heart is saddened by what is going on and deemed acceptable by at least half of the society. I also hope and pray that my great-grandchildren may be the generation that says ENOUGH and stops the downward spiral of our country.

...I want to know: when is the party that says they stand for the people and America going to stand behind the President, united against all enemies foreign and domestic?

From Laura:

Thank you, Jean, for writing. I can’t imagine how sharply it must hurt to see America turning in this direction, given your family history.

What we of like mind need to do, I suppose, is become more involved in the Republican party, instead of just complaining about the people who are in it. That’s hard for me; I’m the sort of person who tends to stay on the fringes of groups, especially when it comes to politics, but I need to fight that natural reluctance and get into the thick of it.

As you say, it defies common sense and reason that Republicans aren’t fighting this with every bone in their bodies. Really good candidates have GOT to run for office, people with conservative values who care vitally about civil liberties and are ready to do some heavy lifting. I don’t know where they’re going to come from, but without them, we’re through. And we need them soon --- if we wait for our great-grandchildren to decide to fight, wow, that’s a long time. There’s no telling how bad things might be by then, and it would be preferable if they didn’t have to fight a bloody revolution to free themselves.

Probably the best thing for me to do is continue using the power of the written and spoken word (as you have with your eloquent letter), in as many forums as possible so as not to just preach to the choir. In public discourse, we’re being run over by enraged idiots, but we simply must not be bullied out of standing up for the America we believe in. Some are sadly resigned to the idea that America is over, and it might be. But if enough people speak up and refuse to be cowed, it just might survive. Maybe this nightmarish far-left wave (which is hoping that we’ll just stand there impassively and let it crash into us) will turn out to be like “New Coke,” or “Hillary for President”; that is to say, a huge mistake that will be realized and rectified before it’s too late.

It used to be that I was “in the closet” about my political beliefs, writing anonymously, but now that the left has officially hopped the train for Crazy Town, I often step out and sign my own name to my commentary, and I proudly wear my #WalkAway t-shirt for all the Democrats to see. (As I live in a huge metropolitan area, that’s a lot of Democrats!) I also try to be a voice of reason for my friends who vote Democrat, and some of them actually listen.

And when people compliment my fragrance and ask what it is, I’m not afraid to say, “Ivanka Trump!” (It actually is. Hey, it turns out you really CAN smell the Trump support! And it smells good!)

These are small forms of self-expression, but important, I think. We’re being intimidated, and that’s the plan the left has for us. It doesn’t take a heavily-armed SWAT team swarming onto our lawns to do that to us –- in many cases, all it takes is the anxiety that someone might call us “racist” or “deplorable.” Let’s decide not to care, and keep fighting back in every way we can --- with reason, courage, humor, and truth.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

RELATED READING:  The Roger Stone raid --- is this really America?

Critics call declassification move "un-American"

Devin Nunes to Trump: Ask Theresa May about the spying

The "Gender Pay Gap"

• JUANITA V. OQUENDO

01/31/2019 12:44 PM

AMEN AND AMEN! Thank you for your letter! America needs a lot of prayers and prayer warriors. To me, what's happening is demonic! We are living in very dark times in America today. May God have mercy upon us!

• lee swann

01/31/2019 12:11 PM

Where are ALL the enraged Republicans? Over 60 MILLION of US voted for POTUS Trump; now he is being challenged, OPENLY by the Democratic House of Representatives., and the CRAZY Nancy Pelosi; with the full support of Chuck Schumer. POTUS MUST invoke "National Emergency" to finish the wall/fence/barrier on the UNPROTECED areas of the Southern Border. Even starting TODAY, it will be a very long time until we have the border secured; so we MUST have MORE boots on the ground to reinforce the US Custom Agents/US Border patrol. We can utilize the US Coast Guard, as they are the ONLY "Law Enforcement" US Military we have. The Army/Marines are battle troops, but not Law Enforcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I AM "venting" but you and Newt Gingrich seem to be the ONLY un-elected folks who really CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Robert Mascari

01/31/2019 11:50 AM

Jean R's most disturbing and most important comment:
    "Even worse, that our Republican politicians are not fighting the Democrats with every bone in their bodies defies common sense and reason."
    This is why the Dems are steamrolling the Prez and the Republican Party. No backbone, no courage, no energy, no moxie and no desire.

From Jean R:

From Laura:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

RELATED READING:  The Roger Stone raid --- is this really America?

Critics call declassification move "un-American"

Devin Nunes to Trump: Ask Theresa May about the spying

The "Gender Pay Gap"

• JUANITA V. OQUENDO

01/31/2019 12:44 PM

• lee swann

01/31/2019 12:11 PM

• Robert Mascari

01/31/2019 11:50 AM

Jean R's most disturbing and most important comment:

From Jean R:

From Laura:

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

RELATED READING:  The Roger Stone raid --- is this really America?

Critics call declassification move "un-American"

Devin Nunes to Trump: Ask Theresa May about the spying