May 31, 2017

Former comedian Kathy Griffin had to issue an abject apology after she sparked a media firestorm by putting out a photo of herself holding a fake bloody, severed head of President Trump (apparently, "D-list" now stands for "Decapitation.") After even fellow liberals such as Deborah Messing and Chelsea Clinton condemned the sickening, violent political imagery, suggestive of ISIS beheadings and presidential assassinations, Griffin issued a video saying she was sorry and that it was just a joke that “went too far.” Kind of hard to believe she was sincerely surprised by the negative reaction, since an earlier video from the photo session showed her joking with the photographer about how much outrage this would spark and that she would be arrested or have to move to Mexico.

Frankly, I don’t believe this was a “joke” any more than I believe in the sincerity of her apology. It was just a pathetic stab at getting attention, which sadly worked. It was also the latest low in political discourse, which has been ratcheting steadily downward as “progressives” continue to refuse to accept that they lost the election and keep lashing out like angry, immature teenagers. From launching Twitter outrage mobs over every little thing Trump says and does to physically assaulting peaceful Trump supporters to a press that floats endless would-be scandal stories based on shady, unnamed sources to Democratic party leaders cursing in front of children and leading crowds in profane chants to passing off incitements of assassination as a “joke,” the incivility spirals downward daily. And of course, it’s always Trump’s fault. He makes them act this way. His very existence as President creates a “culture of violence” that forces them to behave like aggressive, foul-mouthed savages. He’s like the old radio character, Lamont Cranston (“The Shadow”), who had the power to cloud men’s minds, except he clouds only liberal minds, which were already pretty foggy to begin with.

Well, I refuse to give Kathy Griffin any more of the attention she craves like heroin. I won’t encourage more of these tantrums. I’ll just point out that her actions yesterday caused a toilet accessories company called Squatty Potty for which she had done a commercial to issue a statement distancing itself from her. Consider what “Squatty Potty” is normally associated with. Then reflect that it thinks it’s much worse to be associated with this kind of behavior. That should tell you just how badly the current leftist attitude stinks: they've sunk below the societal acceptance level of excrement.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT. I READ THEM!

• Annette

05/31/2017 07:16 PM

Hi Mike, I love reading your thoughts everyday. I so agree with you on That had been comedian, I refuse to acknowledge her existence on social media by sharing or speaking of the Incidence other than to show my disgust and tell people to delete the photo instead of sharing it. I am with you on her apology it was not directed to POTUS Trump or his family where it should have been. The liberals will never cease to amaze us. God Bless you Mike your wife, the newest member of your family & of course your family

• Karen Kreuter

05/31/2017 07:10 PM

I am a big fan of yours. I want to know why she and Madonna aren't being arrested by Secret Service? Plus that idiot snoop dog guy. What is it going to take? I thought threatening bombing the WhiteHouse and glorifying Isis by threatening murder is illegal?

• Elaine Baker

05/31/2017 06:59 PM

Actually Governor, she did not say she was "sorry". She apologized to her few fans who were shocked, but she didn't say she was sorry! To me, there is a difference in just apologizing and saying you're sorry! Actually, I don't think she is truly apologetic and I'm sure she's not sorry in the sense that she feels bad that she did something hurtful to someone. She knew exactly what she was doing!! So wrong!

• Victoria Westfall

05/31/2017 06:49 PM

I agree with what you are saying .My grandsons love our country so much it hurts them when they see what's happening here and overseas. My daughter homeschooles her 4 kids and they love your history tapes. They were raised to love our country . It makes me sad to see things like this. I feel sorry for anyone that thinks like she does. She should be called in and questioned by the secret service.

• joyce pardue

05/31/2017 06:48 PM

I agree with you 100% Mr. Huckabee. Your comments on FB are some of the few that I read every day. No matter what anyone thinks about Trump, he is still the President of the United States, and that position requires, demands, respect.

• Beverly ODell

05/31/2017 06:36 PM

This is the same woman who shouted
    "F--- Jesus Christ" at a nationally televised awards program. I thought for sure God would zap her on the spot!

• Pamela

05/31/2017 06:27 PM

Thank you Mr. Huckabee ~ It is hard to find news articles and commentaries that are factual. It is so difficult to see our country going the way it is heading.

• mary a harder

05/31/2017 06:12 PM

what else can I say.........you are spot on..............sponsors should respond but they won't........there will be a payday, someday............

• rob hojsik

05/31/2017 06:11 PM

Amen!

• Peggy Hancock

05/31/2017 06:11 PM

Thank you for your comments. The lowest common denominator of acceptable behavior towards anything or anyone even remotely conservative has continued to creep lower and lower since the Clintons failed to take the White House. I am positively surprised that their daughter and other libs have publicly recognized the despicable nature of this so-called former entertainer. One can hope that having gone so low that we are due for more noble, cooperative behavior between members of the main parties. Alas, after so much widely supported and intentionally created rancor, I won't be holding my breath.

• Vivian Foster

05/31/2017 06:08 PM

I agree with you. I think this is the lowest of the low. Not only did she show raging disrespect for the office of the Presidency, she was completely callous to the effect it might have on President Trump's young son and grandchildren. This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. I was just as outraged when an image of Obama was lynched and burned. There used to be a level of civility in this country. I, for one, am praying for a return.

• Dawn Sinclair

05/31/2017 05:57 PM

I'm appalled at the sick, depraved behavior of the liberal left. Griffin should be treated like the serious threat to President Trump that she is. These liberal loonies have gotten away with way too much for far too long! My prayers continue for my country and my president.

• Jeana Bormann

05/31/2017 05:52 PM

I totally agree. Kathy Griffin knew she was going to ruffle some feathers, but she did not count on ruffling feathers of liberals. This is a new low in behavior of those on the far left. I pray that society will use this as a turning point to shame these evil people and to put pressure on anyone who does business them. I for one am sick and tired of all the bull that has happened since Trump became the Republican nominee. As tired of it as I am, I remind myself that there could be something worse going on in America. Hillary could be president, and that is far worse than listen to a bunch of losers having a tantrum.

• Larry Wilson

05/31/2017 05:46 PM

Thank you for the "voice of reason" that you bring to us. I am becoming numb to the vitriol and hatred that is being foisted on us by the MSM and Celebrity crowd and the Elite Libs on a daily basis. It is sad and repulsive to hear/see/experience this exposure from people who live with us, our (ex-)friends and neighbors. The challenge is.....where do we go from here? Who is leading this anger and organized underpinning of the current administration? Is it the DNC, Schumer, Pelosi (although she can't get through a phrase without mistakes today), Perez, Soros or a combination of all of them?

THanks Mike

Larry Wilson

• Lynda

05/31/2017 05:45 PM

Well said.....Totally agree

May 31, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT. I READ THEM!

• Annette