Evening Edition - March 31

March 31, 2020 |

At his Monday press briefing, President Trump introduced another leading business person who is joining the government in the coronavirus response. Mike Lindell, founder of the phenomenally successful American company My Pillow, praised Trump’s actions and encouraged Americans to use their enforced home stays to spend time with their families, pray, read the Bible and reconnect with God.

Lindell has refocused 75% of his pillow factory output for the time being on making much-needed N95 surgical face masks for health care workers, with plans to produce 50,000 masks a day. You can see video and read more here:

I’m not at all surprised to see Mike Lindell putting public service over profit, and speaking out about his religious faith in a place where that’s often mocked and scorned. Indeed, some snarkers on the Internet tried it, but I sense that we have entered a more serious new era, and Americans are fresh out of patience for juvenile partisan sniping from people who would rather criticize and attack than pitch in and help.

Here’s a specific example of an attempt at adolescent eye-rolling at Trump and Lindell that brought a perfect response. It suggests that these leftists’ 15 minutes as the self-proclaimed “cool kids” of social media (that stretched into three annoying years) are at long last over:

Mike Lindell is one of the great American success stories, and so popular with Americans that when he appeared on my TBN show in 2018, the studio audience was more excited about seeing him live and getting his autograph than any other celebrity or politician on the show (certainly more than about seeing me!) And that success is well-deserved. If you don’t know the story of how his life was nearly destroyed by drugs and alcohol, and how his faith in God not only saved him but led him to undreamed-of success that he now uses to help countless others in similar peril, then you need to see my interview with him. Trust me, you will be inspired:

Let’s also throw a grateful thank-you to the suit maker Brooks Brothers, which is stepping up to start making 150,000 face masks a day. Brooks Brothers is one of the last remaining companies that still makes clothes in the USA instead of in foreign cheap labor markets. Wow, whoever imagined that there might someday be a reason America would want to encourage manufacturers to keep those jobs in America?

----------------------------------------

Just yesterday, I wrote about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accusing President Trump of “fiddling while Rome burns” and accusing him of being responsible for American deaths, particularly in her San Francisco district, for not taking the coronavirus pandemic seriously enough fast enough. It was a comment that Sen. Lindsay Graham rightly called “the most shameless, disgusting statement by any politician in modern history.”

Could we also add “and the most hypocritical”? Because not only was Pelosi distracting Trump with her stupid impeachment crusade while he was trying to keep the virus out of the US in January, but as recently as February 24, she was urging people in San Francisco to ignore the virus warnings and come out to big public gatherings. I quote:

“We want to be careful about how we deal with it, but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

Hope you don’t get any blood-stained fingerprints on your fiddle, Madam Secretary.

---------------------------

Isn’t it disgusting how some politicians are so beholden to wealthy donors that they would exploit the current health crisis to try to give a big tax break to the richest of the rich

I refer, of course, to Nancy Pelosi:

------------------------------

Controversy is raging near Tampa, Florida, where the sheriff issued an arrest warrant for the pastor of the River at Tampa Bay Church, after seeing a live-stream of Sunday’s packed service in defiance of guidelines to stay at home and avoid crowds to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

The church argues that, like a hospital, it is an essential service and must be available to offer help and comfort to people 24/7. But the sheriff said, “I believe there’s nothing more important than faith during a time like this. And as a sheriff’s office, we would never impede someone’s ability to lean on their religious beliefs as a means of comfort. But practicing those beliefs has to be done safely.”

Feel free to use the comments section to tell me where you come down on this argument. You’ll find more details at the link above, and here are a couple of other points to consider:

1. The services were being live-streamed online, since that’s how the sheriff saw them, and many churches are doing that in an attempt to balance regular worship with public safety.

2. We’re still not certain exactly how this disease spreads, only that it does, it can be devastating, and being in close quarters with many other people can have terrible consequences. For instance, Albany, Georgia, is a virus hotspot, and the spread there has been linked to people who attended two funerals.

And in Washington state, a choir rehearsal became a “super-spreading event” after 45 people who attended caught the virus, and two have died. This happened even though all were reportedly careful to follow guidelines.

God is everywhere that we gather in His name, and if that means gathering online for a short while to keep our families safe, I believe He will understand.

-----------------------

You can tell that Americans are fed up with the media’s obsessive Trump-bashing when they have serious problems to deal with by this remarkable interview on CNN. It’s TDS victim Chris Cuomo interviewing his more serious and accomplished brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and trying to bait him into saying nasty things about the President, whom he’s working with to save his state's people from the virus.

I love the way Chris keeps badgering Andrew to badmouth Trump and announce that he’s running against him, while Andrew is forced to repeatedly explain that he actually has an adult job to do, and that the low intentions Chris is attributing to Trump are his interpretations, not what Trump said. CNN could use that service full time. I think you’d have to go back to the Smothers Brothers to see a better example of the “smart brother-dumb brother” comedy act.

-----------------------------

It’s been observed before how miraculous it is that no matter what crisis may strike the republic, leftists always think the solution is to do whatever they’d long pushed to do anyway but the public would never put up with it if they were thinking clearly. H.L. Mencken famously summed it up by saying that the aim of politics is to frighten the public into clamoring to be led to safety from a series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

Unfortunately, our recent hobgoblins – terrorists, drug cartels, pandemics – are far from imaginary, but that hasn’t kept some people from trying to exploit justifiable fear of them for political advantage.

Latest example: whoever would have guessed that the solution to stopping the spread of the coronavirus was to let sex offenders out of prison?

In terms of rational responses, this ranks right down there with suing states to keep abortion clinics open instead of using their medical equipment to save lives because to the left, actually saving human lives would hamper the life-saving efforts of abortionists to end human lives.

• Phyllis Lambert

04/05/2020 05:55 PM

I look forward to reading every addition of the news you send. I feel much more informed after reading them. I believe the pastor in Florida made a huge mistake by ignoring the social distancing order. Yes, I believe that God can and will be with us in any and every situation but I don't think He expects us to run in front of a bus to prove that point. It was very foolish for this pastor to encourage disregard for those in charge. I pray no one suffers from this needlessly. Thank you!

• Deborah Lemons

04/01/2020 11:02 PM

I agree that "Church" connections are a vital service. However, since this is a "mega"church and had the resources and were already employing them for live streaming services, I do not understand why they felt the need to defy the request of social distancing. There are also many other ways they can be available and encouraging to the people and the worshipers. The unknowns and risk of this "virus" are just to great for than kind of attitude. Most churches, even some small ones have a way of handling this issue within the government "guidelines".

My other comment is in relation to the choir practice in Washington state. Why, with the already well known and very dire coronavirus issues in the state??? Why do people assume "we/I" am safe and go ahead with meetings when they do not know what contacts all the various people have had?? There are just too many stories about the "innocent" or personal meeting being the root of huge problems.

Come on America - all America - it is time to start applying some Common Sense, some caution and realism into your decisions and actions. When you think only of yourselves, your desires, you are inevitably going to impact someone else.

• Tim Smith

04/01/2020 04:10 PM

Hey Mike Thank you for all your work trying to keep sanity and truth in this country. I love to read your commentaries. I don’t know if you are aware of it, but some of the ads that are shown with the articles are promoting homosexuality. I hope you can do something about this. They show up under the “things you may like “ ads at the end of the articles. Thank you and God bless. Praying for you and all who are standing on God’s Word!

• Helen Sustachek

04/01/2020 03:55 PM

Thank you for the Mike Lindell story. It was my first thought when we needed masks that he could make them. They show people at sewing machines in his commercial.

• Floyd Hale

04/01/2020 03:45 PM

Well said !!!!!!!!

• Robert Dunkle

04/01/2020 01:00 PM

Interesting,only Christian places told to close?

• Tom Longeway

04/01/2020 12:22 PM

Mike, how many abortions have bee cancelled as we work to save lives from the virus. WE want to save lives on one hand but kill babies on the other, wtf are are we doing ?

• Donnie Hendrix

04/01/2020 12:16 PM

I think GOD, is giving us a little taste of what's to come, wake up church and turn back to GOD before its to late. Amen

• Ann Gunter

04/01/2020 11:39 AM

I enjoy reading all your articles!!I love how you break it all down with truth and reality!! The pastor should know the bible says, Obey the laws of the land! I think some pastors are more concerned about their tithes than the peoples health!! President Trump is doing a phenomenal job to keep America safe!! Thank you Mike for ALL you do to keep us up on the truth of what actually going on! God bless you with abundant favor???????

• TERRY DELIA

04/01/2020 11:06 AM

In regards to the pastor, I believe he needs to take one more step.Persons over the age of 60 who have other health care issues and/or a compromised immune system shuld not attend his services. The other persons are at a very low risk of requiring hospitalization or the use of a ventilator. They would be at a high probability of developing immunity and serving as a source for vaccine development. Plus they would be able to return to work when no longer infectious. Sounds like a win-win to me.

• stephen mitchell

04/01/2020 10:00 AM

As far as worshiping is concerned , you don't have to attend a " house of worship " , to worship . You can always do it anywhere you please . God knows the heart , not man .

• Nancy Martin

04/01/2020 09:54 AM

I don’t think the country should be closed down to begin with. This is no different than swine flu and could end up being much less; and we didn’t shut down for that. (I don’t believe the numbers either.) I feel the whole “shut down” is politically motivated against Trump. Our freedoms are being taken from us in the name of this virus; and most of the population are following along like sheep. SCARY. If you afraid of getting sick, hurt, dying etc., don’t walk out your door. Kudos to the Pastor for holding services.

• David Langdon

04/01/2020 09:21 AM

Gov really appreciate your insightful news commentary. On the subject of the Tampa pastor I really think he acted irresponsibly. Since he did live stream it there is no reason for the people to come to the church, so the congregation is equally at fault to. My opinion is that keeping the virus from spreading should take precedence. I think the pastor meant well but his judgment was not good.

• Thomas Douglas Roper

04/01/2020 08:43 AM

If that pastor could convince me that he prayerfully sought God's face before making his decision then he did right but I doubt he did.
    Our pastor is live streaming but last Sunday my opted to broadcast a live recording of another message he did because he did not want to have more than 10 people on the campus and they were preparing meals for church family to pick up.
    I KNOW he makes his decisions on bended knees.

• j

04/01/2020 08:24 AM

PASTORS VIOLATING THE VARIOUS GOV'T EDICTS RE NOT CONGREGATING ARE DOING A GREAT DISSERVICE TO CHRISTIANITY. TO DO IT CONTENDING THAT IT IS ESSENTIAL SERVICE FLIES IN THE FACE OF JESUS'S ENCOUNTER WITH THE SAMARIAN WOMAN AT THE WELL WHEN SHE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT WHERE THE MOST IMPORTANT PLACES WERE TO WORSHIP. JESUS SAID THE DAY WAS COMING (AND NOW IS) THAT WE WOULD WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH. AMONGST OTHER IMPORTANT PERSONAL SPIRITUAL ISSUES , HE WAS SAYING WE DIDNT NEED A PHYSICAL LOCATION FOR OUR WORSHIP. SCRIPTURE SAYS OBEY AUTHORITIES, THEY ARE THERE FOR YOUR PROTECTION. I DON'T SEE THE AUTHORITIES BEING ANTI RELIGION IN OUR CURRENT SITUATION, JUST TRYING TO PROTECT US.. J. SMITH

• Mark Evans

04/01/2020 07:48 AM

Minor correction-myopic called Nancy madam Secretary instead of madam speaker-

• TERRY RIGGIN

04/01/2020 06:51 AM

I believe our religious freedoms are being eroded. These laws defy our Constitutional rights. Rev. Browne had the sanctuary sanitized costing $100,000 . He also provided hand sanitizers for everyone, as well as had each family observe social distancing, sitting 6 feet from each other. Most hospitals do not have such a system in place. Also the choir members that contacted the virus, could have gotten it at the grocery store, pharmacy, gas pump or wherever, as it takes 14 days for this to materialize in your body. No one is saying that we must stay out of the grocery market, even though hundreds of people are just about in your pocket as you shop. Perhaps they should have to close like the churches and do on line sales and deliver like Amazon Prime.
    There are a lot of inequities in this quarantine. I believe this is the beginning of sorrows and the Socialist are endeavoring to rewrite our Constitution, perhaps inadvertently with these laws. What happened to separation of Church and State?

• Doug Pinckney

04/01/2020 05:41 AM

The church is the people not the building. All churches should be live-streaming or recording services, keeping the number of individuals helping with the stream recording to a minimum. It's the humble and respectful way to do thinks right in retrospect of the situation.

• Kaye Baird

04/01/2020 03:07 AM

Come quickly Lord Jesus.

• Paula Edwards

04/01/2020 01:15 AM

Some people think churches should continue to have services citing "We live by faith, not fear". True. But we're also supposed to act wisely. When Herod set out to kill all baby boys under 2 God did not instruct Joseph to be brave, He instructed him to take Mary and the baby and go to Egypt. He told him to act wisely. Matthew 10:16 "Be wise as snakes and as harmless as doves." I am a pastor's wife.

• Tom Parkhurst

04/01/2020 12:48 AM

Thank God that the United States of America has President Donald Trump as our leader. I do not know how he can go 7 days a week with all that is going on. The news media is pathetic except for FOX. "CNN, NBC,ABC, CNN, and the rest are a disgrace." Pelosi, Schumer, Hoyer, and most all of the Democrats need to be voted out this year. In closing I think that Mike Lindell gave a great talk along with all the other people and God Bless everyone who have stepped up to save lives. Mike Huckabee you terrific!!

• Frank Moritz

04/01/2020 12:03 AM

Looking for a silver lining in this virus filled dark cloud... we haven't received one spam phone call since this mess began. That is something we all can rejoice in. Take care of yourself Governor, we need your inspiration.

• LydiaSchou

03/31/2020 11:54 PM

I can finally make my comments known. I'm 81 former emigrant. I love this country. I want to be a part of the solution since I became a citizen. I am not able to do much these days because of medical reason, but I pray for the President and his family. My income is limited but I want to pray for my state and the country. I believe the bible and uses the Word and the Promises every day.

• Judy Radley

03/31/2020 11:43 PM

I heard the info. about the 400+ people gathered in Florida for church from my mom who heard it from a friend of her's who suffers from TDS. I don't go on Facebook, nor anything to do with social media platforms, other than reading singular emails from friends and family or newsletters like your's, as I truly feel that most social media platforms are huge gossip rag sheets and hard to know who, what, when, why, etc., is on the other end reading all about what a person says, i.e. can find out about a person just by their names, etc. so I don't participate. I have much other things, like quilting, babysitting with my grand kids, reading actual books, to spend my time on. Anyway, how do we know that the huge gathering was actually done now and not Before the social-distancing protocol? My church has less than 40 people on Sundays, and we postponed services, as most people are over 60 who actually revere God and want to go to church in my part of New York State, a state where religious freedom is almost prohibited now too. Cuomo may play nice now with President Trump, but he'll turn on him too, sooner than later. As Cuomo knows deep down in his mind, that he should NOT have let all those illegal aliens into New York City! They didn't have any of the known vaccines that Americans must get, and Cuomo dare not try to test all them as he is afraid he'll be called 'racist' too. It actually is not racist, but PUBLIC HEALTH RESPONSIBILITY but Liberals don't know the meaning a taking responsibility for anything, as they are the blame-gamers and takers of other people's money, not virtuous at all. Examples, Nancy Pelosi, Chuch Schumer, et al. I wonder if they knew about the virus outbreak back in February and knew President Trump WAS doing the right thing, but couldn't stand it, so they wanted to distract him because THEY KNEW THEY DROPPED THE BALL BY NOT LISTENING TO HIM!? And that Obamacare is one reason why hospitals ARE SO understaffed and closed down...their own foolish liberal socialism political agendas ONCE AGAIN causes a much bigger problem than they can handle, so they make it worse and do the blame-game!!! IF obamacare DID NOT PASS, THEN I BET PEOPLE WOULD BE IN BETTER CARE RIGHT NOW AS IT WAS WORKING SO MUCH BETTER BEFORE THEY SCREWED IT UP!!! Even when the SARS and other viruses hit, Americans were healthier BEFORE OBAMACARE AND THE DEMOCRATS DID THINGS THAT NOW MAKE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE more SICKLY. Remember the 'death chambers' that many against Obamacare said would cause? Well, look at all the death chambers in New York City now? Thanks again to Cuomo and Pelosi and all those Dems and the RINOs that voted for Obamacare! So YES, it IS OBAMA'S FAULT THAT THIS VIRUS IS WORSE BECAUSE OF HIS AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.....it closed down hospitals, got rid of quality healthcare, killed nurses' and doctors' jobs, etc. Not just New York State, but every state in America is now having to reap the gross neglect that the Democrats and their Obamacare has caused!!!! But we won't hear about that, because it is factual information and not just political blame... it is real life consequences from warnings Democrats were told about, but yet again, ignored! No they did not cause the virus, but their political agenda has made matters worse, they were and always are unprepared because they waste money on needless pork!!! Not on things that would make a positive difference to ALL PEOPLE OF ALL RACES, GENDERS, ECONOMICAL CLASSES, ETC.

• Linda Olds

03/31/2020 11:36 PM

I hate this social distancing, but it seems necessary for a while, and I hope practicing it will be effective.
    Therefore, religious leaders shouldn't be having people come to church at this time.

What I hate more than anything is the left (of course including the media) panicking the public more than necessary. Saying that the hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin medications do not work is untrue, and may keep people from using something that could help them. Criticizing President Trump for talking about this and other remedies is crazy and criminal.

Evening Edition - March 31

04/01/2020 03:55 PM

• Floyd Hale

04/01/2020 03:45 PM

Well said !!!!!!!!

• Robert Dunkle

04/01/2020 01:00 PM

Interesting,only Christian places told to close?

• Tom Longeway

• Nancy Martin

04/01/2020 09:54 AM

• David Langdon

04/01/2020 09:21 AM

• Thomas Douglas Roper

04/01/2020 08:43 AM

I KNOW he makes his decisions on bended knees.

• j

04/01/2020 03:55 PM

• Floyd Hale

04/01/2020 03:45 PM

Well said !!!!!!!!

• Robert Dunkle

04/01/2020 01:00 PM

Interesting,only Christian places told to close?

• Tom Longeway

• Nancy Martin

04/01/2020 09:54 AM

• David Langdon

04/01/2020 09:21 AM

• Thomas Douglas Roper

04/01/2020 08:43 AM

I KNOW he makes his decisions on bended knees.

• j