Evening Edition - March 31

March 31, 2020 |

At his Monday press briefing, President Trump introduced another leading business person who is joining the government in the coronavirus response. Mike Lindell, founder of the phenomenally successful American company My Pillow, praised Trump’s actions and encouraged Americans to use their enforced home stays to spend time with their families, pray, read the Bible and reconnect with God.

Lindell has refocused 75% of his pillow factory output for the time being on making much-needed N95 surgical face masks for health care workers, with plans to produce 50,000 masks a day. You can see video and read more here:

I’m not at all surprised to see Mike Lindell putting public service over profit, and speaking out about his religious faith in a place where that’s often mocked and scorned. Indeed, some snarkers on the Internet tried it, but I sense that we have entered a more serious new era, and Americans are fresh out of patience for juvenile partisan sniping from people who would rather criticize and attack than pitch in and help.

Here’s a specific example of an attempt at adolescent eye-rolling at Trump and Lindell that brought a perfect response. It suggests that these leftists’ 15 minutes as the self-proclaimed “cool kids” of social media (that stretched into three annoying years) are at long last over:

Mike Lindell is one of the great American success stories, and so popular with Americans that when he appeared on my TBN show in 2018, the studio audience was more excited about seeing him live and getting his autograph than any other celebrity or politician on the show (certainly more than about seeing me!) And that success is well-deserved. If you don’t know the story of how his life was nearly destroyed by drugs and alcohol, and how his faith in God not only saved him but led him to undreamed-of success that he now uses to help countless others in similar peril, then you need to see my interview with him. Trust me, you will be inspired:

Let’s also throw a grateful thank-you to the suit maker Brooks Brothers, which is stepping up to start making 150,000 face masks a day. Brooks Brothers is one of the last remaining companies that still makes clothes in the USA instead of in foreign cheap labor markets. Wow, whoever imagined that there might someday be a reason America would want to encourage manufacturers to keep those jobs in America?

----------------------------------------

Just yesterday, I wrote about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accusing President Trump of “fiddling while Rome burns” and accusing him of being responsible for American deaths, particularly in her San Francisco district, for not taking the coronavirus pandemic seriously enough fast enough. It was a comment that Sen. Lindsay Graham rightly called “the most shameless, disgusting statement by any politician in modern history.”

Could we also add “and the most hypocritical”? Because not only was Pelosi distracting Trump with her stupid impeachment crusade while he was trying to keep the virus out of the US in January, but as recently as February 24, she was urging people in San Francisco to ignore the virus warnings and come out to big public gatherings. I quote:

“We want to be careful about how we deal with it, but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

Hope you don’t get any blood-stained fingerprints on your fiddle, Madam Secretary.

---------------------------

Isn’t it disgusting how some politicians are so beholden to wealthy donors that they would exploit the current health crisis to try to give a big tax break to the richest of the rich

I refer, of course, to Nancy Pelosi:

------------------------------

Controversy is raging near Tampa, Florida, where the sheriff issued an arrest warrant for the pastor of the River at Tampa Bay Church, after seeing a live-stream of Sunday’s packed service in defiance of guidelines to stay at home and avoid crowds to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

The church argues that, like a hospital, it is an essential service and must be available to offer help and comfort to people 24/7. But the sheriff said, “I believe there’s nothing more important than faith during a time like this. And as a sheriff’s office, we would never impede someone’s ability to lean on their religious beliefs as a means of comfort. But practicing those beliefs has to be done safely.”

Feel free to use the comments section to tell me where you come down on this argument. You’ll find more details at the link above, and here are a couple of other points to consider:

1. The services were being live-streamed online, since that’s how the sheriff saw them, and many churches are doing that in an attempt to balance regular worship with public safety.

2. We’re still not certain exactly how this disease spreads, only that it does, it can be devastating, and being in close quarters with many other people can have terrible consequences. For instance, Albany, Georgia, is a virus hotspot, and the spread there has been linked to people who attended two funerals.

And in Washington state, a choir rehearsal became a “super-spreading event” after 45 people who attended caught the virus, and two have died. This happened even though all were reportedly careful to follow guidelines.

God is everywhere that we gather in His name, and if that means gathering online for a short while to keep our families safe, I believe He will understand.

-----------------------

You can tell that Americans are fed up with the media’s obsessive Trump-bashing when they have serious problems to deal with by this remarkable interview on CNN. It’s TDS victim Chris Cuomo interviewing his more serious and accomplished brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and trying to bait him into saying nasty things about the President, whom he’s working with to save his state's people from the virus.

I love the way Chris keeps badgering Andrew to badmouth Trump and announce that he’s running against him, while Andrew is forced to repeatedly explain that he actually has an adult job to do, and that the low intentions Chris is attributing to Trump are his interpretations, not what Trump said. CNN could use that service full time. I think you’d have to go back to the Smothers Brothers to see a better example of the “smart brother-dumb brother” comedy act.

-----------------------------

It’s been observed before how miraculous it is that no matter what crisis may strike the republic, leftists always think the solution is to do whatever they’d long pushed to do anyway but the public would never put up with it if they were thinking clearly. H.L. Mencken famously summed it up by saying that the aim of politics is to frighten the public into clamoring to be led to safety from a series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

Unfortunately, our recent hobgoblins – terrorists, drug cartels, pandemics – are far from imaginary, but that hasn’t kept some people from trying to exploit justifiable fear of them for political advantage.

Latest example: whoever would have guessed that the solution to stopping the spread of the coronavirus was to let sex offenders out of prison?

In terms of rational responses, this ranks right down there with suing states to keep abortion clinics open instead of using their medical equipment to save lives because to the left, actually saving human lives would hamper the life-saving efforts of abortionists to end human lives.

• Vickie Fiorentino

03/31/2020 11:18 PM

As long as the election is on schedule...The left will not win regardless; the left is fuming due to no campaigning.

• Steve Schupbach

03/31/2020 11:17 PM

The River at Tampa Bay Church was being a very bad citizen in attracting a mass of people during this pandemic. What's the difference between what they were doing and the amazing wacko practices of Muslims going to religious sites and licking sacred things. God may be looking out for you but somehow I think he expects you to have modicum of good sense. This event says more about the egos of the church elders than it does about Christian devotion.

• Philip Marshall

03/31/2020 11:08 PM

I personally have had enough with all too much. Our rights are being trampled underfoot. The next is the guns and that is probably followed by and armed uprising in America. I have no quarrel with liberals we just do not see the same picture. I have a war like attitude with the Left. Trump has beeen on the rite path since 20 years before he was elected. America first and formost. You cannot waste the country for a few lives you push on and persevere. I listen a lot to Dennis Prager he has a level head.

• Gary Stilwell

03/31/2020 10:53 PM

Mr. lindell is one of the heros in this time of panic-period--nuff said.

Pelosi/schumer are prime candidates for impeachment(as are nadler and schiff).
    That impeachment process is NOT restricted to Presidents. The treasonous activities of these folks is contaminating and eroding our freedoms, promoting the further spread of the current pandemic, and undermining the financial base of the US.-These are NOT charges that are spurious--they are well documented in live videos/statements from all these people.(amazing pelosi represents a district she dosen't even live in-how crooked is that?)

NY gov claiming no help from FEMA because they are "bidding" on the ventilators and driving the price up, yet the guy admits NY is bidding as well and will pay anything to get them--who is the culprit here?????--some folks think you might be stupid in this---then you open your mouth and confirm it------you talk a good game, but your actions indicate otherwise--ie Dr. Birx's graph--Wa instituted 'mitigation' early on--you didn't; now you bitch because the "gov't" isn't helping you like you think they should.--"poor planing on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"--I hope the NY citizens understand where they are and why.---The "Government" is not in existence to take care of you---they are not your 'mamma'

• Viola Hazelwood

03/31/2020 10:42 PM

Rodney should have honored President Trump and the other civil authorities in his county, and only live streamed church. He should not have put any of his congregation in danger by wanting them to attend the service. God honors those who honor His Word, and obeying the law is honor.

• Ron Galloway

03/31/2020 10:38 PM

I wonder how many mothers (and fathers) have cried their eyes out knowing they may never know the joy of being a grand parent because their liberal daughter or son would rather have an abortion than to take responsibility of raising a child. No they would never let their daughter or son know that and would tell them they support them in the their decision while fighting back the tears.

• Floyd A Unger

03/31/2020 10:37 PM

Thank you. As a conservative Baptist I was unhappy with the guy that gathered folks together for a church service in violation of good sense and community desire. After all we do have our bibles to read and prayer ?? to make.

• max kranz

03/31/2020 09:47 PM

Mike, people could go back to work if they wore a respirator. Let me explain, US industrial workers use these everyday. they protect our workers who work in a particulate hazardous atmosphere. There are two kinds of face masks; full face , s,m,&L. Also a oral-nasal is offered, s,m,& L. usually they are made from soft silicone. The masks contain two filter cartridges. P100 is a good biological filter.I am a retired Engineer I worked for a company that manufactured these protective devices. We sold our company to Honeywell, who now carries on the product line. A good industrial Hygienist could advise companies on the use of this equipment allowing people to go back to work.

• Stephen H. Thomas

03/31/2020 09:37 PM

Regarding the publicity seeking "pastor" in Tampa...
    Jesus the Christ told us, "That where there are two gathered in my name, there I shall be also."
    Does that mean that they have to be shoulder to shoulder sitting in a pew?
    Or,
    Could they be on opposite sides of the planet connected by Skype?
    Its the connection and the REASON for the connection that is important.
    I am lock step behind President Trump and am keeping my butt in the house. I don't want to be infected and I don't want to directly or indirectly cause infection.
    Support of our Constitution is second only to growing closer to our Lord and Savior. That being said, we must cooperate and distance ourselves.
    I read about the greeter who died in that little congregation in Arkansas. The people there thought their physical gathering, hugging, and rubbing shoulders would somehow immunize themselves through faith. If only they had the faith of a mustard seed, it might have worked.
    God gave us a wonderful gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit and good sense along with it. Not to mention that, in Timothy, we are to obey civil authorities.
    These folks need to use that good sense to duck when Satan throws a dart.

• Bonnie Parvino

03/31/2020 09:32 PM

What do you mean when you say that you are reporting the news from a conservative point of view???>>>>I was always taught that if one went too far to the left they went towards communism. But I also was taught if one goes too far to the right they go towards Nazism.>>> I took for granted that my world history teacher knew what she was teaching as she taught my AUNT who died in December at l06 ----MY GREAT GRANDFATHER CAME FROM THE CAROLINA'S TO HERE IN 1888 To Preach the word of God the way God gave him the WORD and he preached in both Baptist & Methodist churches. His SON (my GRANDFATHER) was what we would today be called a Bible Scholar. Being raised as a southern Baptist I was not taught that we had the Gift of Prophecy Today. But Grandpa had the Gift of Prophecy. An example was he told me about Watergate. And not only was I confused about Watergate but Grandpa kept saying---LORD I don't understand as he was thinking of the Watergate in Jerusalem, (I guess) and my 106 year old Aunt taught Sunday School every Sunday of her Adult life. LEFT OR RIGHT WE NEED TO PUT OUR HANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TABLE AND COME UP WITH SOME SOLUTIONS. WE CAN. I LOVE THIS COUNTRY LOVE Ya, BONNIE PARVINO

• frank OWEN

03/31/2020 09:30 PM

IN THE KINGDOM, OBEDIENCE OF CHRISTIANS IS REQUIRED, UNLESS..1...ILLEGAL...2...IMMORAL...3..AGAINST GOD'S WILL...THAT MEETING WAS ILLEGAL..

• Donna Palermo Guido

03/31/2020 09:26 PM

How did this virus start in China spread quickly and just as quickly slow down? China is huge. Did it not go from city to city to city? Did China have to build more hospitals, have companies stop making their products and start making more ventilators and masks? I have been to China. Not a clean country and I was there when cleaning up got the olympics! Was this virus brought to key countries to bring them down? U.S, Italy, Spain,Brazil,England. Is this their way of taking control?!? Did they make the virus and actually have a cure? Are they laughing at all of us? I never thought in my lifetime I would be going through anything like this in the USA.

• JC Holland

03/31/2020 09:20 PM

Apparently in NC golf and tennis are essential.

• Perry Baugher

03/31/2020 09:13 PM

Why is it that media corporations like ABC, NBC and CBS are not covering the great work and sacrifice that many God - fearing entrepreneurs such as Mr. Mike Lindell and so many others are stepping up to defeating this enemy, instead of brow beating and whining and complaining about what hasn’t been done.

• Robbie Mize

03/31/2020 09:00 PM

You asked what we think about the pastor being arrested. I will put it like this. No one loves their church family more than me and the rest of the people who are a part of that family. Our pastor is a wonderful man of God, faithful in preaching the word and he is law abiding. For the time being, we are doing what all other churches that I have heard about in my area are doing....if they have the capabilities. We are live streaming. They have our choral director, our pianist and a sound guy and the flock watches on line if they have the means to do so. We worship. We sing along. We pray. We want this pandemic to go away and the best way is to do what we are asked to do . We are in this together, like it or not. And surely no one wants to be "that one person" that causes a precious life to cease. We serve an awesome God and He's gotten our attention....but He wants us to listen to Him and it is my opinion we do not have to be in a big group right now. That pastor needs to be an example of a law abiding citizen.

• Gail Cleveland

03/31/2020 08:53 PM

Thank you Gov. Huckabee for your interpretation of the current political fiasco thanks to the clowns on the left. My husband and I thank you for your stand for morality and love of our Lord Jesus Christ. I imagine He dealt with a lot worse. We are praying for you!

• Lisa Ford

03/31/2020 08:52 PM

We can see the evil. We need to pray that the blinders get removed from others.

• Michael Wolfe

03/31/2020 08:49 PM

If you can close the church doors for a threat, what will shut the doors next??? 1st Amendment, throw it out!! We don’t need it!!

• Steve

03/31/2020 08:48 PM

Someone needs to let pelosi know she is being racist when she invites people to come to "chinatown".

• Linda Davis

03/31/2020 08:29 PM

I can certainly understand about the feelings of insecurity when officials are requesting us to not assemble for our church services but it is only temporary. What a blessing that we have social media where we can worship from home. Worship is so much more than meeting at our churches.

• James Evart

03/31/2020 08:29 PM

I, for one, am glad that major news media are not carrying our President's daily news briefings due to their radical agenda because more people will migrate to Fox News and start hearing the truth for a change.

Secondly, why not use the cruise ship Zandam as an isolated test study for the hydroxychlorquine/azithromycin/zinc therapy without any outside influences that may skew the outcome?

• Anne Turner

03/31/2020 08:26 PM

No doubt you are tired of hearing from me but you give me a chance to vent. Having a church service with that many people was irresponsible. My church, Presbyterian, was opened the last two Sundays for services but everyone was told by the pastor to keep distance between families and too stay home if that was in their best interest. Very few attended. This last Sunday ZOOM was set up by one of our members and we could attend by screen. It worked beautifully. I just brought home a hymnal so I can sing along this week. I still count offering on Monday’s but only with one person, the secretary and we make sure not to get to close to each other. If people would actually read the Bible, they would know that God gave us a brain to be able to reason and He expects us to use good judgement and take care of our bodies. On another subject: What a hideous characterization of Evangelicals. These people do not know what the word means. It means to make disciples of Christ. It does not mean racism, etc. just like the media picks on the slightest misstatement by POTUS they also characterize all Christians by a few outliers don’t understand. Every group has wackos. They are so threatened because most religions believe in moral and ethical standards that they do not find appealing. It is too self limiting for them

• Barbara Connell

03/31/2020 08:16 PM

Amen and Thank you ??????

• joseph orsini PhD

03/31/2020 08:06 PM

My church went to streaming Sunday services. I would rather be in the church, but I would more rather be around in 6 months to attend services.

• RONNIE JONES

03/31/2020 08:04 PM

I JUST LOVE IT WHEN A PERSON IS SOOOOO RADICALLY “SAVED” THAT THEY CANNOT KEEP THEIR SALVATION TO THEMSELVES BUT HAS TO SHARE THE BEST THING THAT’S EVER HAPPEN TO THEM WITH EVERYBODY THEY COME IN CONTACT WITH. I WISH I COULD WATCH THESE SCOFFERS AFTER WE’RE GONE AND THEY’LL HAVE TO SAY, THOSE CHRISTIANS WERE ANNOYING BUT APPARENTLY THEY KNEW SOMETHING WE DIDN’T AND THIS A LONG SEVEN YEAR PATCH.

Evening Edition - March 31

• Steve Schupbach

03/31/2020 11:17 PM

• Philip Marshall

03/31/2020 11:08 PM

• Gary Stilwell

03/31/2020 10:53 PM

Mr. lindell is one of the heros in this time of panic-period--nuff said.

Pelosi/schumer are prime candidates for impeachment(as are nadler and schiff).

• Viola Hazelwood

03/31/2020 10:42 PM

• Ron Galloway

03/31/2020 10:38 PM

• Floyd A Unger

03/31/2020 10:37 PM

• max kranz

03/31/2020 09:47 PM

• Stephen H. Thomas

03/31/2020 09:37 PM

Regarding the publicity seeking "pastor" in Tampa...
    Does that mean that they have to be shoulder to shoulder sitting in a pew?
    Or,
    Could they be on opposite sides of the planet connected by Skype?
    Its the connection and the REASON for the connection that is important.
    These folks need to use that good sense to duck when Satan throws a dart.

• Bonnie Parvino

03/31/2020 09:32 PM

• frank OWEN

03/31/2020 09:30 PM

• Donna Palermo Guido

03/31/2020 09:26 PM

• JC Holland

03/31/2020 09:20 PM

Apparently in NC golf and tennis are essential.

• Perry Baugher

03/31/2020 09:13 PM

• Robbie Mize

03/31/2020 09:00 PM

• Gail Cleveland

03/31/2020 08:53 PM

• Lisa Ford

03/31/2020 08:52 PM

We can see the evil. We need to pray that the blinders get removed from others.

• Michael Wolfe

03/31/2020 08:49 PM

• Steve

03/31/2020 08:48 PM

• Linda Davis

03/31/2020 08:29 PM

• James Evart

03/31/2020 08:29 PM

• Anne Turner

03/31/2020 08:26 PM

• Barbara Connell

03/31/2020 08:16 PM

Amen and Thank you ??????

• joseph orsini PhD

• Steve Schupbach

03/31/2020 11:17 PM

• Philip Marshall

03/31/2020 11:08 PM

• Gary Stilwell

03/31/2020 10:53 PM

Mr. lindell is one of the heros in this time of panic-period--nuff said.

Pelosi/schumer are prime candidates for impeachment(as are nadler and schiff).

• Viola Hazelwood

03/31/2020 10:42 PM

• Ron Galloway

03/31/2020 10:38 PM

• Floyd A Unger

03/31/2020 10:37 PM

• max kranz

03/31/2020 09:47 PM

• Stephen H. Thomas

03/31/2020 09:37 PM

Regarding the publicity seeking "pastor" in Tampa...
    Does that mean that they have to be shoulder to shoulder sitting in a pew?
    Or,
    Could they be on opposite sides of the planet connected by Skype?
    Its the connection and the REASON for the connection that is important.
    These folks need to use that good sense to duck when Satan throws a dart.

• Bonnie Parvino

03/31/2020 09:32 PM

• frank OWEN

03/31/2020 09:30 PM

• Donna Palermo Guido

03/31/2020 09:26 PM

• JC Holland

03/31/2020 09:20 PM

Apparently in NC golf and tennis are essential.

• Perry Baugher

03/31/2020 09:13 PM

• Robbie Mize

03/31/2020 09:00 PM

• Gail Cleveland

03/31/2020 08:53 PM

• Lisa Ford

03/31/2020 08:52 PM

We can see the evil. We need to pray that the blinders get removed from others.

• Michael Wolfe

03/31/2020 08:49 PM

• Steve

03/31/2020 08:48 PM

• Linda Davis

03/31/2020 08:29 PM

• James Evart

03/31/2020 08:29 PM

• Anne Turner

03/31/2020 08:26 PM

• Barbara Connell

03/31/2020 08:16 PM

Amen and Thank you ??????

• joseph orsini PhD