The failings of Biden and Warren

Less than 3 minute read

August 21, 2019 |

On Monday, Joe Biden’s wife, Dr. Jill Biden, offered a somewhat less than compelling reason to vote for her husband for President. It’s just about the most lackluster endorsement I’ve ever heard. To paraphrase: You may think some other candidate has a better position on, say, health care, but you’ve got to look hard at who can win this election, and maybe you “swallow a little” this time and vote for my husband, even if you like someone else better, because the bottom line is, we have to beat Trump.

As I joked with Sean Hannity Tuesday night, I would hope my wife would be more enthusiastic than that. I can’t even imagine Janet, back when I was running for President, offering this kind of ringing endorsement: “Come on, you've got to vote for my husband. Hold your nose, swallow hard --- he’s not worth a darn, but, heck, we’ve just gotta win, so we really need for him to get your vote.” Janet was a tad more enthusiastic than that when I was campaigning. But Jill Biden said essentially that while speaking on behalf of her husband. With that level of enthusiasm on her part, you have to wonder if she might be holding her own nose a little bit when she votes for him.

Alana Goodman at the WASHINGTON EXAMINER has just reported on six different major events that Joe Biden has described from his life that, as far as anyone knows, never actually happened, such as working as a coal miner, being shot at in Iraq, having his helicopter being forced down in Afghanistan and discovering the location of Osama bin Laden’s safe house, being a leader in civil rights sit-ins, little things like that. Is Biden mistakenly inserting himself into a variety of historical situations, a la Forrest Gump, because that’s the way he actually remembers his life? (Of course, we know Hillary must have been outright lying when she said SHE was fired upon in a foreign country, in her case Bosnia, but I digress.) Or does he just think you get to say anything and everything during a Presidential campaign because it all just mushes up together and doesn’t much matter? Maybe it’s a little of both.

As fellow HANNITY guest Judge Jeanine Pirro said, you’ve got to admit that it’s entertaining. “I’m no brain surgeon,” she quipped, “but this guy, he’s got something missing...[His connections] don’t function; they’re not connecting those circuits.” But surely Judge Jeanine was reassured, as we all should be, by the story about Biden’s own literal, real-life brain surgeon from 30 years ago vouching for the viability of his brain. I am not kidding.

Joe Biden's brain surgeon is defending Joe Biden's brain

As I told Sean, any of the current candidates would be "a delight for President Trump.” If it’s Joe Biden standing on stage with him, I’ll pay good money to watch that show. Put it on Pay Per View; it would be well worth the price. Speaking as someone who has stood onstage with Donald Trump myself during the so-called “debates,” trust me, the President would eat Joe Biden’s lunch. And Joe wouldn’t remember what his lunch was (although that might be a typical state of affairs for him).

Judge Jeanine expressed as little confidence in Biden as I did. She thinks that among this group, Elizabeth Warren is the one with the smarts to prevail on the Democrat debate stage. Certainly, she appeals to leftists, but it still seems to me that she’ll be seen as too far left for the general electorate. Will she be perceived as someone who can be counted on to beat Trump? I don’t think so. And she’s still trying to undo the justly deserved bad karma resulting from her years of phony claims; as the NEW YORK POST reported, she has scrubbed her website of any reference to Cherokee ancestry. She had announced that her DNA test results (revealing as little as 1/1,024 Native American DNA) were on her site, but, at least at this writing, they aren't.

Standing onstage in Sioux City (ha), Iowa on Monday, she admitted to mistakes and said she was sorry for any hardship she had caused. “I have listened, and I have learned a lot,” she said. Really, that tepid an apology is not going to cut it with a lot of people. Ironically, she took advantage of the exact same leftist views on intersectionality that she advances today, using false claims of being a Native American woman to advance in scholarship and further her successful and highly profitable career. She should never have used vague “family lore” as an excuse to claim Native American ancestry on official application forms unless she had verified the claim. (What is it about these Democrats thinking they don’t have to verify information?) Maybe she really did cause hardship to someone more deserving whose place she took in school or on a professional staff. She likely would never know, but I’ll bet it happened.

So, both Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren have misrepresented themselves. In Joe’s case, it may have been unintentional because his brain was all glitchy. In Elizabeth’s case, we know it must have been intentional because her brain was working just fine. It’s hard to know which type of fakery is worse in a candidate for President.  Personally, I'd say someone would have to "swallow a little" to vote for either one of them.

• stephen mitchell

08/21/2019 11:36 AM

You can mock them . You can show that they're hypocritical , and liars . You can show how they flaunt the laws . But in the end , they'll get the votes of the majority of Democrats . Why ? Because the majority of the voters are just plain stupid . I talk with the elder voters in my area . They are not up on current events , and don't care to be . All they know is , that Trump is a liar and a womanizer , and should not be President .

• Harold Levi

08/21/2019 11:24 AM

My wife makes the kind of comments Biden makes, but she has dementia.

• Rosalie Gilliland

08/21/2019 11:05 AM

Frankly, I'd have to do alot more than just swallow a little before I could vote for any liberal vying for the presidency in 2020. Not even holding a gun to my head would force a vote out of me for any one of those lying losers. I have never seen such rabble running for the highest office in the land. It's disturbing.

• MaryAnn Brown

08/21/2019 11:02 AM

No matter who the Democratic Nominee is they will have a hell of a time beating Donald Trump. I say all the Nominees are very weak and have nothing to offer for this Country. Donald Trump is the only President , in my life time who has filled all his Campaign promises. It will be very interesting to see who the nominee will be, who ever it is he or she has a fight on their hands.

• Bruce Gordon

08/21/2019 11:01 AM

Our tax dollars with our state department built the Chinese economy. Why not reverse the process and build our own manufacturing economy to make textiles, steel, electronics and a host of other products that we transferred to foreign countries. Give the aid that we gave to China to our own entrepreneurs. We don't need China. Let them go their own way and we will go ours. They don't have anything that we don't have including rare earths.

• John Vaiea

08/21/2019 11:00 AM

It is a shame to watch Joe Biden humiliate himself. Democrats will eat him up and throw him out with the wash water.

• Daniel A. DiDonato

08/21/2019 10:50 AM

Good points by the Governor. Sad state of affairs that these candidates are the best the democrats have to offer. It would seem that Pres. Trump would surely beat any of them easily as all are way too far left. The only issue with Pres. Trump is that he needs to listen to those on his staff that manage WH communications so that all messages and messengers are in sync. He does not need to be so critical in his tweets as the Democrats are defeating themselves.

• PATRICIA WHEATON

08/21/2019 10:43 AM

Absolutely agree with you Mike. Wish you had been elected president. There is NOT one Dem who can lead this country forward. Most of them want to change America to look like Venezuela - although they all deny that

The failings of Biden and Warren

Less than 3 minute read

August 21, 2019 |

Joe Biden's brain surgeon is defending Joe Biden's brain

• stephen mitchell

08/21/2019 11:36 AM

• Harold Levi

08/21/2019 11:24 AM

My wife makes the kind of comments Biden makes, but she has dementia.

• Rosalie Gilliland

August 21, 2019 |

Joe Biden's brain surgeon is defending Joe Biden's brain

• stephen mitchell

08/21/2019 11:36 AM

• Harold Levi

08/21/2019 11:24 AM

My wife makes the kind of comments Biden makes, but she has dementia.

• Rosalie Gilliland