Those of us who watched Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony last Thursday (um, that would be all of us) were frustrated to no end by the dispassionate, methodical and seemingly confined manner of questioning used by Rachel Mitchell, who heads the Special Victims Division of the Maricopa County attorney’s office.  But while her questioning set off no fireworks in the room, she did come up with some conclusions that validate many of our conclusions.

In a memo to Senate Republicans on Sunday, she wrote, “A ‘he said, she said’ case is incredibly difficult to prove.  But this case is even weaker than that.”

She offered nine points to support her conclusion.  We’ve already discussed most of them here.  But I’d like to call attention to the last two on her list.

8.  Dr. Ford’s description of the psychological impact of the event raises questions.

9.  The activities of congressional Democrats and Dr. Ford’s attorney’s likely affected Dr. Ford’s account.

These two factors are the ones that seem most affected by the political context of Dr. Ford’s accusation.  That would especially apply to #9, which is why Sen. Lindsay Graham has called for an investigation of those suspicious activities.  Dr. Ford was obviously used by the Democrats and forced by their deception into a three-ring circus when it was thought her last-minute testimony would bring down Judge Kavanaugh.  Let’s hope enough people can see through this tactic, as Ms. Mitchell apparently has, to discredit the whole shameful episode.

Ms. Mitchell was speaking from a legal standpoint about what it would take to bring a case, finding Ms. Ford’s case lacking.  Democrats will say (once again) that this wasn’t a trial, it was a job interview.  But let me ask the men:  How many job interviews have you sat for in which you were put under oath and asked if, as a teenager, you’d ever tried to rape someone?

OR

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• maurice calvert

10/02/2018 03:03 PM

chuck shumer is behind all of this. it is beyond my imagination how he and others of his party can lay their head on a pillow and go to sleep. talk about a seared conscience. IT IS TIME FOR THE REPUBLICANS TO STAND UP TO THESE CROOKS AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND GET ON WITH THE VOTE.i'm afraid many of them are going to reap a whirlwind of problems because of what they have done. GOD HELP

• sally mulkey

10/02/2018 02:43 PM

WHY CAN'T SOMEONE STOP HER SHE HAS LIED ABOUT EVERY THING AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A LAWYER TO SEE THAT.

• Rebecca L Baisch

10/02/2018 02:37 PM

Are you aware of the article in The Federalist re: Dr. Ford's co-authored paper on hypnosis ansd self-hypnosis for the treatment of depession? Link here: http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/01/kavanaugh-accuser-co-authored-study-citing-use-hypnosis-retrieve-memories/.

I couldn't figure out how she cold be so positive about the supposed "attack" and so vague on everything else. Perhaps that article offers some insight.

• Jamie S. Mapes

10/02/2018 02:30 PM

This was indeed an attempt by the wicked left to put Judge Kavanaugh on trial!! Thank U for your tireless fight against the injustice, lies, fabrications , & delusional thinking that this left continually pervades our gov’t . With!!????????????

• Trudie Jo Benham

10/02/2018 02:06 PM

I think the real truth will come out and some very high profile people will be under investigation. And some attorneys will be disbarred.

• ann woleslagle

10/02/2018 01:47 PM

Governor, please inform the American public about who to contact to learn the names of the congressmen who had sexual harassment or sexual assault charges lodged against them and whose accusers were paid by our taxpayers. We want to know who made the allegations and who the allegation was aimed at. We want to know how much taxpayer dollars were spent. We want to know if the congressmen can be forced to repay the taxpayers. We want to know if that practice is till current.

• Anita Thompson

10/02/2018 01:39 PM

I think Dr. Ford needs an FBI investigation after the Judge's confirmation. What kind of a 15-year-old girl attends a party with boys, drinks beer with no adult supervision? Does anyone question that?
    If this happened her parents should have seen a change in her behavior. Where were they? Too many inconsistencies. She can't remember what day she took the lie detector but remembers 36 years ago.???? God will let the truth be known. The story about the two doors that are used for Google interns.

God bless you for what you do. I wish I could send money but I have been unemployed for 10 months. I am a professional and waiting for God to open the door.

• Theresa Wasson

10/02/2018 01:26 PM

Mr Huckabee.....the polygraph test in Ms Mitchell's memo caught my attention. The administrator of the test found Ford truthful when asked if the summarized statement of her allegations against Brett Kavanaugh were accurate. Dr. Ford was not asked if her allegations were truthful....but if the 'SUMMARIZED STATEMENT" of her allegations were accurate...which to me means... Ford was not asked if her allegations against Brett Kavanaugh were true and actually happened, but if she believed that her allegations were accurately summarized. Can you please look into this?

• Geraldine Tinnib

10/02/2018 01:26 PM

This is why I absolutely DO NOT believe Ford.
    She goes to a "gathering" with her dear friend, Leland, says she is assaulted, and feared she would be raped, and barely escaped, however she leaves her dear friend, Leland, at this same "gathering".
    If she was so traumatized and afraid, why would she leave her dear friend there? Wasn't she concerned for her friend's safety? She didn't even contact Leland after the "gathering" to make sure she was okay.
    Her testimony does not ring true.

• Wanda Barrett

10/02/2018 01:09 PM

I’m still curious about the envelope passed to Ford’s attorney. Am I the only one who thinks that was a little “fishey”?

• Anne turner

10/02/2018 01:02 PM

Never in my 78 years have I heard such hate as that coming from the party of “compassion”. They have no shame. They use anyone for their ends. NOTHING is too over the top if they think it will thwart the President. I believe Diane Feinstein is fighting for her reelection and thought this publicity would get her votes in liberal CA. Frankly, it has made her look like a conniving witch of the lowest order. As to Booker, I don’t care whether he is a minority or not, it is not racism to call him the worst example of a politician. Good for Lindsay Graham for getting some intestinal fortitude. For someone who most always exhibits a calm attitude, his speech was powerful. Whether they like Mr. Trump or not, surely the voters can see how much worse off we would be if the left prevails. Do we really want to spend the next two year, and millions of taxpayer dollars, in impeachment proceedings? That is all that will get done. We are very close to rioting in the streets and hostility that could result in death and injury. I lay that mostly at the feet of the Democrats, although the GOP bears some responsibility. What they did redarding Garland was unconscionable. A win of Congress by the left will be a nightmare and I despair of my gender as they will be coming out in droves to defend their right to abort their children. This all makes women look mean and none to bright. This is what it has come down to. God is still in his heaven, but all is not right with America. May He save us from this fate.

• Michele L. Wall

10/02/2018 12:53 PM

I am ashamed to be a female in today's society. Someone may have harmed Dr. Ford but I do not believe it was the Judge. She should be thrilled with the attention and money she has gotten while she has ruined a man's reputation. The senator's on that committee that were firing things off need to lose their jobs as well. Let's open up their closets and see how many skeleton's come tumbling out. The rules never apply to the Democrats. They had made up their minds that he was guilty even before she spoke her rehearsed show. That is backwards. We give more respect to murderers than they gave him during that circus of a hearing. Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus, because this country is in a BIG MESS!

• Debra Mackney

10/02/2018 12:45 PM

I watched the entire hearing and than watched Ms, Ford's statement. I am horrified that our elected officials are even considering this as credible. When do Republicans say enough is enough and do the right thing and confirm Judge Kavanaugh? I have to say that I am unimpressed with the actions of the Senate and House on immigration and health care reform. Now this! Where is the line? It is a tough job but the "goal post" will always be pushed back if you don't stand firm and stop the madness!

• Loretta Barnett

10/02/2018 12:42 PM

I glad a unbias third party lawyer/judge was brought into examine. Now we wait for the FBI.
    I'm not a political person, but the way the have treated this guy is unhuman. I wasn't able to see Ms. Ford's testimony, but if she was treated that way .... I'm ASHAMBED to be an AMERICAN!!! This is all a stupid circus!!

• Betty Mealus

10/02/2018 12:40 PM

A friend sent me a picture of Christine Ford with George Sorus.

• Jeff Scott

10/02/2018 12:40 PM

Quite the "dog & pony" show by all parties involved.
    The dems are still butt-hurt that the Hilarious One actually lost.

• Carole Rebich

10/02/2018 12:24 PM

I totally agree with you, Bro Huckabee. I predict this whole mess will backfire on the Democrats. I read many comments on Facebook after postings, and there are many Dems who are aware of the smear tactics the Dems are using, and are switching to Republican. Myself , I cannot understand how anyone with any “common” sense can be a Democrat. Thank you for being an encouragement to so many. We need to flood heaven with prayers on Judge Kavanaugh’s behalf, and remember that revenge belongs to the Lord!
    CR

• Pamela Welsh

10/02/2018 12:24 PM

Thank you for being true to your convictions. My husband and I pray for you and your family, especially Sarah and for your protection. God bless!

• Lynette Snodgrass

10/02/2018 12:22 PM

It's interesting that the Democrats want this investigation--now it occurred to me that if nothing becomes of the investigation and Kavanaugh is vindicated are we to believe they will vote him in? Sorry to say, I think not.

• Virginia Sherk

10/02/2018 12:20 PM

And the Democrats continue their efforts to disrupt the procedure to place Kavanaugh onto the Supreme court. Now they, who wanted the FBI to investigate for the 7th time, are complaining that this is not enough. Their enough would be for Kavanaugh to decline the nomination and the next person to be nominated by Pres. Trump would go through the same kind of harassment endured by the present nominee.
    The Democrats are no longer Democrats but are heavily leaning toward Communism. God help us.

• SharonL

10/02/2018 12:12 PM

All I could think of, during all that questioning, was my son and how this might affect him if it ever happened. I cannot imagine how his parents felt sitting in that chamber watching this. My heart broke for them. I would want to stand up and scream at people for even considering that my son was capable of doing something like these uncorroborated allegations . How they kept their composure, I will never know, but God love them for doing so.

• Yun Embly

10/02/2018 12:10 PM

What would happen to the dems that we’re involved in the suspicious activities once it was confirmed that they are true?

• Richard Kurkowski

10/02/2018 12:10 PM

Something similar happened about 2,000 years ago. Crucify, crucify Him. The Pharisees are still with us.

• Betty Thompson

10/02/2018 12:08 PM

There are too many things that don’t add up in Mrs. Ford’s testimony. Why is her background not checked as thoroughly as Judge Kavanaugh’s? I feel terribly sorry for the Kavanaugh family. A good man and well respected who has so many women come to his defense and yet has to answer such lowlife questions such as has he ever rubbed himself up against a woman”. Such a disgrace! I pray Judge Kavanaugh and his family get through this. I also pray for the souls of all the kooks like Dianne Feinstein, Cory Booker, and the rest of the swine who are suppose to represent our country. The dems have gone mad! May God have mercy on them. God Bless America.

• bob

10/02/2018 11:51 AM

In was terribly upset watching her go from tears to a smirk and back again. Once the "New" FBI investigation is finished, they should hold the vote...not a day or week later, right then. We all know the Dems are not going to vote for him, so get on with it.

OR

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• maurice calvert

• Anita Thompson

10/02/2018 01:39 PM

• Theresa Wasson

10/02/2018 01:26 PM

• Geraldine Tinnib

10/02/2018 01:26 PM

This is why I absolutely DO NOT believe Ford.
    Her testimony does not ring true.

• Wanda Barrett

10/02/2018 01:09 PM

• Anne turner

10/02/2018 01:02 PM

• Michele L. Wall

10/02/2018 12:53 PM

• Debra Mackney

10/02/2018 12:45 PM

• Loretta Barnett

10/02/2018 12:42 PM

• Betty Mealus

10/02/2018 12:40 PM

A friend sent me a picture of Christine Ford with George Sorus.

• Jeff Scott

10/02/2018 12:40 PM

Quite the "dog & pony" show by all parties involved.
    The dems are still butt-hurt that the Hilarious One actually lost.

• Carole Rebich

10/02/2018 12:10 PM

• Betty Thompson

10/02/2018 12:08 PM

• bob

10/02/2018 11:51 AM

OR

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE.  I READ THEM!

• maurice calvert

• Anita Thompson

10/02/2018 01:39 PM

• Theresa Wasson

10/02/2018 01:26 PM

• Geraldine Tinnib

10/02/2018 01:26 PM

This is why I absolutely DO NOT believe Ford.
    Her testimony does not ring true.

• Wanda Barrett

10/02/2018 01:09 PM

• Anne turner

10/02/2018 01:02 PM

• Michele L. Wall

10/02/2018 12:53 PM

• Debra Mackney

10/02/2018 12:45 PM

• Loretta Barnett

10/02/2018 12:42 PM

• Betty Mealus

10/02/2018 12:40 PM

A friend sent me a picture of Christine Ford with George Sorus.

• Jeff Scott

10/02/2018 12:40 PM

Quite the "dog & pony" show by all parties involved.
    The dems are still butt-hurt that the Hilarious One actually lost.

• Carole Rebich