Message from Mike Huckabee

Help me fight back against Big Tech censorship. If you would like to subscribe to the daily, advertisement-free version of my newsletter for $5 monthly or $36 annually, on Substack, go here.

In Depth News Stories

January 14, 2021

Wednesday, to nobody’s surprise, the House voted to impeach President Trump a second time, on grounds that he incited the violent protesters who stormed the Capitol. They were in such a rush to impeach him before he leaves office that they didn’t take time for the standard legal procedure of presenting evidence and letting him defend himself.

The vote was 232-197, with 10 Republicans joining the Democrats against Trump.

One Republican, Rep. Liz Cheney, was particularly outspoken, declaring, "The president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing."

However, the FBI later announced that they had picked up evidence of plans for violence at the Capitol as early as January 5, the day before the attack, and they suspect some of the participants left the Trump rally early to pick up supplies and meet at the Capitol.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY FREE, POLITICAL NEWSLETTER HERE---->

If so, that would mean that Trump’s speech, while it might have been irresponsible, did not incite the Capitol rioters, who planned their attack in advance and left before his speech to launch it.

This could mark the second time the Democrats rushed to judgement to impeach Trump, only to have their efforts collapse once they left the hyper-partisan House because they substituted partisan anger for solid legal evidence. This article explains how a Senate trial might not even happen.

Joe Biden seems to have cold feet about continuing this impeachment trial in the Senate, at least judging by his statement yesterday reminding Senators of “other urgent business” and his suggestion that they split their time between that and other things.

The fact is that by pulling this final rebuke of Trump, the House may have undercut Biden by handing the Senate a divisive, time-wasting responsibility (a trial to remove a President who’s already left office) just as Biden will be coming into office and wanting to fast-track his agenda. Mostly because they hope to ban Trump from running again, which it's doubtful the Senate has the power to do. It also tells us that for all their vilification of Trump, they still fear he might beat them in 2024.

Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats seem to think that they have put a real super-duper stain on Trump by impeaching him twice, but more so, they’ve stained themselves as rabid partisans and permanently devalued impeachment. Being “double-impeached” without proper procedure of evidence as he’s leaving office anyway is as hollow as Dean Wormer warning the frat boys in “Animal House” that they’re on “Double Secret Probation.”

Impeachment of a President is the most drastic of all remedies for the most serious of offenses. It’s a grave Constitutional crisis that should be undertaken with the utmost seriousness. By talking about impeaching Trump from the moment he was elected, then impeaching him over a phone call and having the Senate throw it out -- and then impeaching him again when he’s leaving office over a riot incitement charge that not only wouldn’t pass legal muster, but if it did, the people accusing him of it would be as guilty as he is -- they’ve reduced that most solemn of last-resort responsibilities to a nakedly partisan political ploy.

Want proof? A Georgia Republican Representative announced that she plans to introduce impeachment articles against Joe Biden the day after he takes office, over corruption related to China and Ukraine.

Of course, it won’t go anywhere in a Democrat House. But as satisfying as it might be for Republicans who’ve had to put up with Trump being attacked from day one – and now accused of attempting a coup by the same people who enabled the Russian Collusion attempted coup, and of inciting violent rioters by people who’ve spent the past year defending violent rioters – do we really want a banana republic-style nation where impeachment is just a meaningless political weapon that every President can expect to get hurled at him by the other party, like a mudball?

TO LEAVE ME A COMMENT, PLEASE CLICK HERE --->

SUBSCRIBE TO MY FREE, POLITICAL NEWSLETTER HERE---->

• Joy Chappell

01/14/2021 11:11 PM

Think we all are so anxious for some good news about President Trump. It seems he has been flanked by all sides

• Jeff Bell

01/14/2021 10:08 PM

What is taking the FBI so long to release who was really responsible for the riots in DC? Of course, if the Dems had allowed the National guard to come in when they were requested the problem would not have happened. But the Dems did not want that to happen. The Dems planned this whole riot and keep saying Trump causes the problem. Really the Dems have been causing problems for 5 years. Remember Harris said the riots will go on before the election and after the election. But that is fine. Not sure what her problem is now?

• Tammy Webb

01/14/2021 10:02 PM

I am very concerned and even fearful for the first time in my life for the future of America. Where are the leaders with integrity and honor? Where are the leaders who define right from wrong and stands for what is right...I afraid? What has happened to the leaders who recognize what the rest of us call common sense? The Republicans let the Democrats and some even now are joining them with their lies , and their wicked hypocrisy that is slowly killing the American Spirit one freedom at a time! President Trump sacrificed so much for the American people willing to stand and defend America. He does not deserve the treatment he is getting! What the Republicans have allowed they have condoned! We the people and our children and their children have to pay the price for their arrogance,corruption,and weakness! I am angry, I am saddened, I am afraid America will never be great again! We had our chance and the Republicans blew it!

• Cindy Thomas

01/14/2021 09:35 PM

Hello Gov Huckabee! Thanks so much for your tv show every week and I just started getting your newsletter this week. Both are a big help to me during all of this madness. I'm from Georgia, born and raised, and have been discouraged about things going on with BOTH sides here in my state. The Democrats scare me to death. I heard what Marjorie Green said she is going to do but hope that she will not go through with that. I'm no expert but it seems that's going to encourage the feud. I hope she will pray about this and put her energy toward working with her party to strengthen and repair the divide. Don't be like the Democrats!

I'm praying for Trump. I have prayed for 4 years that he would seek God's counsel to choose his words and comments wisely but I don't believe he's done that. I've been disappointed in the way he has handled some things since Nov 3rd but I know without doubt that his heart is for America and that he loves this country. And all that he has accomplished, with God's help, reminds me why I voted for him twice. It's all such a mess and I'm scared but the one thing that gets me thru is knowing God is in control.
      Blessings to you, Govenor, and your family.

• Bonnie Rutherford

01/14/2021 09:28 PM

I believe you are an exceptional and honest man. Please explain to me how this current impeachment dilemma happened? The only answer I can come up with is because of hatred. What has happened to our leaders? Do they even know how much we all have come to distrust them? That most Americans have no respect for them? Are they so sheltered they really don't know how the majority of their constituents feel? I am normally an even tempered old lady (71) but I am quickly losing my even temper,
      Please tell Sarah I loved her book. She is an unbelievably strong woman. My idol!! Sarah Sanders for governor of Arkansas!!
      Keep up the good work. You are a beacon of light for many people. God bless you.

• Alice J. Mansell

01/14/2021 09:26 PM

Thank you so much for a needed belly laugh today with "Double Secret Probation." Great writing!

• Don St. John

01/14/2021 09:26 PM

I saw the house vote (Dems) on impeachment. There were NO "nay" votes on the Democrat side. That tells me that Joe Manchin was lying through his teeth when he said on Fox a day or two before that President Trump shouldn't be impeached and he would not vote for impeachment. So much for the bipartisanship that he said he was going to practice.

• Elizabeth Bennett

01/14/2021 08:58 PM

I find it most incredible that Congress neither heard President Trump's speech nor heard any of the evidence of voter fraud before beginning impeachment proceedings. People have seen evidence of people organizing prior to the President's rally appearance. I find it difficult to believe that our politicians have reached this low level. Thank you for all you do to get the truth to our people.

• Christine Portrey

01/14/2021 08:44 PM

I sincerely believe this was a planned riot by the left. I just watched a video that confirms there WAS foreign interference with the dominion machines. A full confession stating who and why he did it, where he did it and how. He also implicated CIA officials, one of whom just "happened" to retire now so he can still get his pension. Day after this PROOF OF FRAUD was handed over, BAM! A riot incited by Donald Trump! I don't think so! God is stepping in now!! You should check this out Mike!! God bless you! GEE, somehow the post was removed and my parlor app is gone. Humm. Go figure!

• Mary Marcia Hayes

01/14/2021 07:58 PM

I believe the Biden, Nancy, Hillary Clinton, Hunter should be treason.

• Darrell McKinnon

01/14/2021 07:49 PM

With all the preplanning proof of the assault on the capital it is obvious that Trump is completely innocent but looks more like the left was involved in planning it since there weren’t enough officers on duty to defend the capital and the left jumped on condemnation so fast. They had their responses rehearsed and accomplished what they wanted as Republicans backed off defending the constitution in this bizarre biggest scandal of the history of our nation election. I have to wonder, did Nancy Pelosi ever think about those poor business owners that had their businesses stormed, ransacked, and burned by her minions? The left truly hates America and anyone that loves America. BLM should be held responsible to rebuild all the businesses and lives that they destroyed before they go after Trump for being a patriot that lives America. And every business that supports this destruction of our nation and freedoms need to be boycotted and put out of business.

• CAROL J DENARDO

01/14/2021 07:40 PM

Funny, nothing President Trump has said over his years in office has caused me to riot. In fact, besides President Kennedy, he is the only one I have followed closely and prayed for. The dems are running scared. They know their days are numbered, both in the House and Senate. They are worried that President Trump will be back in the White House in 2024, Lord willing! On a more personal note, I hold no credence to anything a homosexual says or thinks. I believe Ms. Cheney fits that bill.

• Cheryl Zabroski

01/14/2021 07:07 PM

I can't believe congress and the senate are letting these people treat our president so badly.
      President Trump is one of the good guys and deserves more respect.
      Hopefully the trouble makers in DC will get their act together.

• Jeffrey F McDowell

01/14/2021 07:06 PM

I just had a very frightful thought. Governor Huckabee,
      All of those people determined that President-elect "Joey Boy Biden" should be impeached over the Ukraine matter and the Chinese Purchase of influence, should sit down and take a very close look at that idea.
      1. If he is impeached and then, through some miracle, found not guilty we are still stuck with him.
      2. If he is found guilty, then he's removed from office, LOOK WHO TAKES HIS PLACE! Kamala "Socialism" Harris! Now at that just a little unsettling?
      3. Another scary thought, Kamala then can appoint who she chooses to be Vice-President! What if she chooses, a.) Nancy "The Mouth" Pelosi, or A.O. Cortez or one of the other squad members.
      WHAT A COMPLETELY GASTLEY THOUGHT!
      As Chester A. Riley of the old TV series would say: "WHAT A REVOLTING SITUATION THIS IS!"

• Kathleen Molloy

01/14/2021 06:59 PM

Dear Gov.,
      I have been thinking....what if the farmers, gardeners, truckers, food processors, grocery stores.....all the hard working class that produce and deliver food, so that Big Tech plutocrats can eat, disagree with their ideology and methods of censorship.... could stop feeding them somehow? Do you think Big Tech might rethink who they are censoring?????

• Debbie L Roya

01/14/2021 06:56 PM

I hope the few Republicans left that have any courage and integrity make a move to impeach Biden, Kamala and Pelosi for Treason, tampering with the Votes and agreements with China that will destroy America. I hope any republican that voted to impeach Trump loses their seat to a loyal Patriot next election! They are cowards and traitors. We need to take America back!

• Jeffrey F McDowell

01/14/2021 06:55 PM

Governor Huckabee,
      It has been obvious for over 10 years that Nancy "The Mouth" Pelosi cares little for the well-being of the nation as a whole. Until Calfornia voters finally decide to change it she will remain in Congress.
      The following is just the humble opinion of a voter on the electoral system.

Every election results in the same Congressional action.
      Members advocating the dismantling of the Electoral College.
      My humble opinion follows;
      When the Electoral College is attacked it usually is due to one party or the other is frightened that they will be unable to get enough electoral votes to win again. If it is eliminated a great injustice will be done to many states.
      A number of states have a lower population level than others.
      So they lose their equality status with larger states or those with high populations. Connecticut, New Hampshire, for example, Wyoming, and others. While it is true that regardless of how the general vote goes, it is the college that actually elects the President. In some cases in previous times, an electorate was not required to follow the vote of the population of their state.
      The public voting system is in a great deal of disarray. There should be a standard set of rules for all fifty states to follow on how to tabulate, secure, transport, and store the ballots. It would require all fifty states to agree to the system but it would definitely stabilize the system and increase the trust of the public. It would also guarantee the accuracy of the count.????

• Diane Granger

01/14/2021 06:51 PM

Gov. Huckabee sir, I would really like to know if you think the Republicans can stop the outrageous actions of the Democrats? Like AOC wanting to liberate the Southern states, translation of that would be more voter fraud to me, or doing away with the electoral college, taking away our 2nd amendment rights and I could go on and on. It really seems hopeless for our country since they were so successful stealing the election.
      Sincerely,
      Diane

• Joyce Chamberlain

01/14/2021 06:48 PM

Thank you for all you do. Please explain to me about Impeachment. I thought that congress sends over "Articles of Impeachment" to the Senate. Then, after a review and examine the truth, the Senate passes the impeachment if the person is found legally guilty. Then the person is impeached. From what I understand, President Trump has had articles of impeachment sent twice, however, he has not been impeached even once. Please explain.

• Randy L Griffin

01/14/2021 06:29 PM

Dear Mike, Please list the Republicans that voted with the Dems. I would like to see someone run against them in the primary election. Love your newsletters. Keep up the good work.

• hi

01/14/2021 05:56 PM

Impeach Biden NOW.

• John Pilsner

01/14/2021 05:53 PM

The Democrats have just proven to us that they can impeach a sitting president of the opposition party for any reason (or for no reason) and at any time. Therefore the very act of impeachment has just become a meaningless gesture of aimless, irrational hostility. The consequences of such spiteful infamy will be felt longer than any of the President's worst offenses. Praying for God's assistance.

• Mark Thomas

01/14/2021 05:52 PM

Impeaching Joe Biden is not as Good as convicting him for Corruption

• Lee Hardt

01/14/2021 05:46 PM

How is it that they didn't present evidence, just their opinions, or allow his defense? Aren't there rules to follow? Is it really an impeachment? Very sad. Still waiting for justice from the Durham Report, we we ever hear?

• Ellen DiGennaro

01/14/2021 05:38 PM

I totally disagree with you about the President’s speech being irresponsible! He never incited or said anything about violence! He only talked about peaceful protests!!

News Feed

McConnell will step down as Senate Republican Leader in November

Mitch McConnell announced Wednesday that he will step down as Senate Republican Leader in November. He is the longest-serving party leader in US history. He did not say if this has anything to do with the criticism he’s received from conservatives or with his recent health issues that caused him to freeze up in mid-sentence a time or two. But while he will no longer be the GOP leader, he intends to continue serving in the Senate at least through the end of his current term in January 2027.

And here’s a surprise: Robert Kennedy Jr. suggested that McConnell be replaced by Sen. Rand Paul. RFK Jr. tweeted, “It’s time to promote leaders in Washington, DC, who won’t kowtow to the military contractors or push us deeper into foreign conflicts. We need representation who will prioritize American wellness over all else. I believe Rand Paul would be an incredible successor. He’s shown great judgment and has the grit to put hardworking Americans first.”

-12:49 PM, 2/29/2024

Justice?

- 8:38 AM, 2/29/2024

Get Out

Law Professor William A. Jacobson of the Legal Insurrection blog has been watching the politicized lawfare against Trump and conservative businesses and organizations in New York, and the unprofessional threats and ugly gloating by Attorney General Letitia James about how she’s going to destroy Trump. He analyzed the situation in light of assurances by Gov. Hochul that if your business isn’t doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear. And he arrived at this conclusion:

“Get out of New York, if you can.” And if you can’t leave now, “Develop an exit plan before you need it.

6:02 AM, 2/29/24

Pray for the Panhandle

Please join me in prayers today for those in the path of the huge wildfires in the Texas Panhandle and neighboring Oklahoma. There are five wildfires that are causing school closures and evacuations, including the evacuation of a nuclear power plant. The largest of them, the Smokehouse Creek Fire, covers 800 square miles and is now the second-largest wildfire in state history.

This is a link to live updates on the fires from the Weather Channel.

- 12:48 PM, 2/28/2024

No test?!?

The White House announced Wednesday that President Biden is making an unannounced trip to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for his yearly physical exam…which will NOT include a cognitive test. Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre dismissed questions about a cognitive test, saying Biden proves his cognitive abilities "every day [in] how he operates and how he thinks."  I’m confused, is that an argument for or against a cognitive test?

-10:16 AM, 2/28/2024

Talk about a delicious irony

One of the strongest arguments for overturning the ruinously large fine on Trump in his New York real estate fraud case is the Eighth Amendment protection against excessive fines. The Supreme Court ruled 9-0 in 2019 that that protection does apply to state courts. And one of the strongest arguments for Trump to cite came from liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who said:

“The prohibition embodied in the Excessive Fines Clause carries forward protections found in sources from Magna Carta to the English Bill of Rights to state constitutions from the colonial era to the present day. Protection against excessive fines has been a constant shield throughout Anglo-American history for good reason: Such fines undermine other liberties. They can be used, e.g., to retaliate against or chill the speech of political enemies.”

I might not have agreed with many of her rulings, but judging from this, there’s no doubt she was psychic.

- 9:51 AM, 2/28/2024

Public Service Announcement

Public service announcement to anyone thinking of donating to Harvard or sending their kids there: The co-chair of Harvard’s anti-Semitism task force resigned Monday because she has no confidence that Harvard will implement any of the task force’s recommendations to stop Jew hatred on campus.

Related: Stephen Kruiser at PJ Media has a news round-up illustrating how bedbug crazy these pro-Palestine dingbats are and how they “have more vocal cords than brains,” from calling Jerry Seinfeld a “genocide supporter” to literally setting themselves on fire.

Private School For Me, But Not For Thee

Two Democrat Governors, Roy Cooper (North Carolina) and Andy Beshear (Kentucky), co-wrote an op-ed for USA Today condemning Republican attempts to give low-income parents vouchers to send their kids to the schools of their choice. They painted this as a racist conspiracy to loot the budgets of our precious public school system and set our schools back for a generation (as if the COVID lockdowns and the focus on woke politics and LGBTQ activism hadn't already set public school students back a generation.)

One problem: Both Democrat Governors send their own kids to elite private schools. But that’s okay because, hey, they can afford it.

The Best People

President Trump was roundly condemned as a racist and a xenophobe for saying of illegal immigration that other countries were not sending us their best people. So just to clarify, here’s an example of one of those best people that Joe Biden let in.