December 11, 2017

Presidential spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders (full disclosure: my daughter) was asked to respond to Barack Obama’s attempt to take credit for the robust job creation numbers, suggesting it’s just part of the continuing streak that started on his watch.  He actually attributes the boom in jobs (and I assume also the record-setting stock market, sky-high consumer confidence and GDP growth of 3.3% and rising) to the carbon regulations he imposed on industry and his focus on clean energy.  Yes, nothing makes the economy boom like expensive, complicated government regulations and huge giveaways of tax money to crony companies like Solyndra.  All those years of growth below 3% (well, it was an unprecedented accomplishment for a President) were just the economy’s way of gathering steam so that it could burst forth as soon as business owners and investors (purely coincidentally) learned that Hillary Clinton wasn’t going to be able to continue and expand Obama’s policies.

While this article declares that Sarah had the perfect response (personally, I thought her laughter alone would’ve been the perfect response), I wrote here recently about this trend of liberal Presidents trying to take credit for things accomplished after they were gone.  There’s a revisionist movement that claims the boom under Reagan was really attributable to the decisions made by Jimmy Carter, and if he’d only gotten four more years, the economy would’ve boomed under him instead of Reagan.  Uh-huh.  (It was actually the tough choices made by Reagan, which were necessary to end stagflation but took a couple of years to take effect before the economy took off like a rocket.  As Reagan joked, “You’ll notice our Democratic friends don’t call it ‘Reaganomics’ anymore now that it’s working.”  For the record, nobody ever named anything that worked after Jimmy Carter.)

I wrote that you almost feel sorry for these poor liberal Presidents, always doing all the right things to make the economy boom (more government, taxes, regulations, etc.), only to have it stubbornly refuse to take off until after they leave.  If only those companies that were sitting on capital to keep it from being taxed away had just used it to expand when they were in office!  If only there had been more manufacturing jobs (as there are now) instead of just waiter and bartender jobs!  If only Jimmy Carter had had eight years, and Obama had had 12, or 16, then things might have finally boomed under them!  And maybe, just maybe, someday, the Great Pumpkin really will show up.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Jim Moore

12/12/2017 10:51 AM

Mr Huckabee, your comments are always right on target and I must also say that I love the way your daughter, Sarah deals with the leftist press. She has lots of spunk and knows how to deal with the press. I do not know where President Trump could have found anyone better than her to serve as Press Secretary. Your take on things in short almost always agrees with mine and I'm proud that we have both you and your daughter to stand up and speak for what is right and wrong with our country. God Bless You!

• Barbara Alvarez

12/12/2017 10:51 AM

I am so glad Donald Trump was elected President......he is doing a great job!!!......plus I love listening to your daughter

She is excellent at what she does.....and I love how she puts those liberal idiots in their place!!!! (Not very nice of me, but

I hate when the media goes after President Trump!!!

• Barbara Alvarez

12/12/2017 10:46 AM

I love your daughter........I love whenever she is on......she is very smart (just like her father!)
    I always read your posts and look forward to them!.......Thank you!!!

Barbara Alvarez

• Geraldine Tinnin

12/12/2017 10:29 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee,
    Thank you for being one of the voices for conservative views and Christianity. We appreciate all you are doing.
    Your daughter, Sarah, is a true role model for the young women of our country. Sarah is brilliant, so articulate and she handles the press better than anyone that has ever held her position.
    You have so much to be proud of, and we are so thankful for both of you.
    God bless you both.
    Geraldine Tinnin

• AnnMarie Hohmann

12/12/2017 10:20 AM

I am confused. This coming from a group that said Trump would destroy the market, world would end, etc. Now that they once again have been proven incorrect, it now is happening because of Obama??? Are they not capturing that Obama policies have been reversed? So they should correctly state that Yes it is because of Obama in that it was his policies that needed to be reversed in order for economic growth to be successful.

• Rick Stanley

12/12/2017 10:01 AM

We can only hope and pray that Americans can figure this out. Unfortunately, at least half the country is liberal and braindead. Low IQ's I suppose, unable to see the forest through the trees.

• Carol Mitchell

12/12/2017 09:49 AM

Love reading your comments and I think Sarah Sanders is doing a great job.

• Jan Burton

12/12/2017 09:47 AM

I had not known that Ms. Sanders was your daughter, but I have admired the way she has responded to the journalists' questions. Her replies are always unemotional, factual, and direct. She fends their sometimes pointed questions with such composure. Guess somebody raised her right, huh?

• tom jeffs

12/12/2017 09:38 AM

SPIN - - - - - - -

he conveniently overlooks that Nancy Pelosi knocked the DJIA down 35% from where it was when she got the gavel and durn near drove the entire world into bankruptcy - - - - - - -

when she lost the gavel, the rise began and Obama just happened to be in the White House - - - - - - -

you've gotta admit that Obama is good at SPIN, huh ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Dianne W Hooper

12/12/2017 09:29 AM

Thank you for your common sense rebuttals to all things liberal. And just for the record, although I have never personally met your daughter Sarah, I feel as though we are family. I thank God that we have a God-fearing, family loving spokesperson in Washington, D.C. Jesus knows we need her there.

• Diana Hutter

12/12/2017 09:29 AM

I have been so happy with Sarah's responses. She is obviously very intelligent, but also very capable of taking heat from many. She is diplomatic, but doesn't mince words. What an awesome lady she is! (Your parents must be very proud.) With young, well informed people like Sarah, I see hope for this country. As a senior citizen, seeing the young men and women on the Fox News programs also make me feel hopeful for draining the swamp of lifetime politicians / lobbyists who will get fantastic health care and retirement no matter what they do or do not do while "serving their constituents." I know that only a handful of bad apples can spoil the basket, so thank you for helping to expose those bad apples. It is a painful process, but a necessary one!

• Michael Egbert

12/12/2017 09:23 AM

Obama-lama-ding-dong is terrified he will be lost in history or put along side the likes of Jimmy Carter in comparison to their time in office. Trying to steal some of President Trump's earned "thunder" comes natural to people like him. 8 years of economic oppression was set free when President Trump was voted into office. In my opinion Mr Trump's legacy has the possibility of surpassing Reagan's by the time his time in office concludes...

• Sylvia Felts

12/12/2017 09:15 AM

Love it and love the way Sarah handles the press. She does a great job. I wish the republicans would get behind the president and support his policies. We could accomplish so much instead of wasting this opportunity!

• Barbara Jackson

12/12/2017 09:12 AM

Love Sarah! She sure knows how to handle the press with wit, grace and charm. She is so well informed and articulate. Besides all this she is beautiful and I love that she wears pearls everyday -- classy and elegant. She gets my vote for Woman of the year!!!

• Joseph Trokey

12/12/2017 09:06 AM

Nothing worse than an egotistical person. Think they know it all. Think they've done it all. It's too bad he doesn't have sense enough to retire into obscurity. Then, if he did, Soros wouldn't have his puppet to play with.

• DeniseCarrera

12/12/2017 08:56 AM

Your daughter is not only beautiful, but intelligent. I loved her answer RE Obama! You’re correct, maybe the Great Pumpkin will really show up! A liberal girlfriend of mine wrote on Facebook yesterday that Sarah looked like she was in a bad mood. That she had watched her that day and that’s how she seemed. Of course I defended her! I also asked if it were ok for our fellow women to bash her. She avoided that and said that she thinks Sarah might be having trouble defending her boss. Where do these people get these ideas from? I just don’t get it!

• William T. Bevington

12/12/2017 08:53 AM

I so agree. BTW I love Sarah...does a great job!

• Frank Stewart

12/12/2017 08:43 AM

Obama's trying to take credit for our long-awaited positive economic news (after eight years) makes all the sense in the world. Democrats and the main stream media tell us that President Trump is a horror show, an evil man, a Hitler in the making, a rich idiot, out to destroy all that was good under Obama's tutelage. How then should liberal minions respond to the wonderful layers of record breaking positive economic news? How then should they attempt to shape and guide the feeble, gullible minds of their liberal constituents? It's easy...just tell them that Trump did nothing good, that Obama and his policies are responsible for all good news moving forward. Bad news - Trump did it; good news - Obama is our savior. Very simple, very easy, very clever. A fantastical fantasy voyage of un-paralled proportions. I actually love the fact that "they" are acknowledging the good economic news and embracing it by of course trying to take credit for it all.

• Paul Wade

12/12/2017 08:03 AM

How do you respond to a man who has been lying all his life, whose life is a hidden secret, who has so many secrets that a book could be written about it, who had a lot of help to win both times(illegal, of course) , who used OUR bank account to fund many lavish trips(and still does!), who is Muslim and tries to hide it(but not well), who hates white people and Christians- did I leave anything out, I am sure I did ! By far the worst President in history because he was elected by much money from Soros and he was never qualified or should have ever been put in office ! Oh yes, he was not born here !!!!!!!!!

• Jerry Nelson

12/12/2017 08:01 AM

I read them.

• Belinda Schuler

12/12/2017 07:48 AM

You said it so well, I'll just whole heartedly agree.

• Bruce Deming

12/12/2017 07:42 AM

Sarah was really good on Tucker, but when she put Jim Acosta in his place it was a work of art. I think he's trying to get a permanent seat in the back row, and she's just the spokesperson to put him there. Those people in the WH press room are so rude to her, I really admire her composure when putting them in their places.

• Kevin Cook

12/12/2017 07:42 AM

They didn’t name anything after Carter and Obama will out do Carter’s destruction. Obama’s economy and presidency was an Obamanation

• Karen Peters

12/12/2017 07:20 AM

Your daughter is just so wonderful! I am enjoying so much listening to how she demands respect for herself while masterfully answering questions which demonstrate the truth and educates the uninformed!

• Rick Narlock

12/12/2017 07:07 AM

Right on the money Mike. I cannot begin to tell you how nice it is to read comments and news from somebody who tells it like it is. You do a great job and there are very few things that I even slightly disagree with you on. On a different note - you sure should be proud of your daughter - she does a FANTASTIC job. One more thing - just because I am a conservative Christian does not mean I am a racist.

• Linda Lee

12/12/2017 06:44 AM

You are right . I voted for the president and I am very glad I did. I am a Christian and I know that we would
    not have any rights left if the other side would have gotten in. It is also my feeling that all these women that are coming out against the President have been bought off by someone to tell lies. It hurts me to see how the President has been treated with no respect for him I am sure God has put him in office for this time. Thank you for all that you are doing to revile the truth

• Rhonda S Bennett

12/12/2017 06:40 AM

Obama doesn't have enough sense to be embarrassed. The more he talks the more Jimmy Carter loves him. After all, before Obama became president, Carter held the title of "Worst President" Carter has lost his title to the first black president. Looooooooser!

• Deborah Meyers

12/12/2017 06:30 AM

I feel such gratitude that Sarah is who she is and that, we the people, benefit from her integrity and talent. Merry Christmas to you, Sir.

• Melinda and Scott Lucas

12/12/2017 06:08 AM

Thanks again for a great newsletter ! The "mainstream" media is getting so predictable that my husband and I already know what they're going to say. Your daughter is doing a great job at the White House !

• Jean Dickerson

12/12/2017 06:04 AM

You are exactly right! By the way, Sarah’s doing an outstanding job! We couldn’t be prouder! We are praying for President Trump and his family. They need to stand strong and not listen to all the negative. He is dong a terrific job!

• Lois Champagne

12/12/2017 04:51 AM

Your daughter is a beautiful, kind, very capable person who does an amazing job of responding under pressure and in the face of sheer ugliness at times. Your response to her recent attacker is so accurate! Thank you for kindly presenting the sad truth of where so many who lash out at what is good are really coming from. As Jesus teaches, "love, bless and pray for," are the best ways to deal with those who live in that space. Christ alone can bring them the deliverance and peace they so need! Thanks for honoring Him!

• Michael Walters

12/12/2017 04:42 AM

Well Gov., You have done a great job raising your daughter! It's truly an inspiration watching her in action! Now, what are we going to do about all the Liberals lying and cheating their way through term after term in office? How can we bring all the crap being exposed by Sean Hannity and his crew to the forefront for all to see? It really worries me that the people that need to know about all this stuff, never have the opportunity to see it, because they only receive their news from liberal sources. There must be a way to put it out there in the faces of the uninformed and brainwashed libs, in such a way that it's unavoidable. Then hope it sinks in and makes a difference. I"m sure there's a means of capturing their attention long enough to educate them to the truth, without force, so it might actually break through that deeply embedded lack of logic and common sense they all seem to suffer from. I only know of one way to start the process and that's lots and lots of prayer. That may be the only action we need! What do you think? Keep up the great work Gov., God Bless!

• Denise Dixon

12/12/2017 04:30 AM

I totally agree with Sarah.... She was born for such a time as this! Thank you Lord!

• Paul

12/12/2017 04:19 AM

Did I miss something? Mike I see your response to Sarah's response, but I was expecting to see a link to her response.

• Brenda Oakley

12/12/2017 03:55 AM

I absolutely love Sarah as Press Secretary! Thank you for raising such a faithful and strong daughter. <3

• John Metcalf

12/12/2017 03:28 AM

I appreciate you and your family so very much. I became a fan of yours ever since I witnessed your response in a 2008 CNN Presidential Debate when you were asked to respond to your belief on "Creationism." I'm sure you remember that moment. I am a 72 year old retired public school teacher who once saw you in Marion, IL when you appeared in a campaign support rally for an Illinois Governor candidate I think in 2010. He didn't win but he did get my vote because of you. As you know Illinois it is Democrat dominated because of the liberals in Chicago. Downstate Illinois went heavy for Trump and Romney. I am beginning to wish I hadn't been born here. As you probably know more people are moving out of Illinois to find a job.

• Ms. Jonnie Allert

12/12/2017 02:45 AM

I love your daughter Gov. Huckabee. She is the most beautiful person in our United States. She is humble, smart, able to keep it together around all the idiots she has to deal with on the left. You and her mother have to be so proud and honored for raising such a wonderful daughter!!! I just can't think of enough great things to say about her. May God bless her and watch over her and protect her while she is in the spotlight!! She and all of your family, are in my prayers. I voted for you in the primary. I don't know why you didn't get the nomination!! I love your daily letters to my e-mail. I agree with everything you say. I feel like you should have been President. Don't get me wrong, I did vote for Trump once he got the nomination. I'm behind him now also. I just hate where the Democrats are trying to take us. I watch your program on C.B. N. also. Just keep on doing the amazing job you are doing. God Bless and keep you also!!!

• Cynthia K Brown

12/12/2017 01:15 AM

I READ THEM!

• patricia l clem, rentz

12/12/2017 12:56 AM

Gov. Huckabee, you should be a proud father! I think your daughter is doing a wonderful job. Us arkansas girls are tough and to the point. So if you don't want the truth and to hear the way it is, don't ask the question! Obama tries to take credit for anything he can, especially since all his so called accomplishments are being taken away by Trump, thank goodness. Obama has been behind most of the discord, especially right after the election thru his Organization for Action(which was opened 2013). Right after the election, i saw this web page and on their front page was talking about getting out and causing marches against Trump, and going to his events and cause trouble and other problems. Then about a month later, they changed there front page to a more normal page. At that time i couldn't understand why nobody seemed to know why all the troubles were happening. What i have yet to understand is, even if they got rid of Trump, they still will not gain anything. Cause Pence will be President till 2020. There will still be an Republican in office, so what is the purpose of all this? It just does't make sense, but then nobody said they had any common sense to start with.

• Cheryl Reinig

12/12/2017 12:46 AM

Governor Huckabee,

I love your political insight and your humor. I agree that it's just baffling how long it takes for liberal President's policies to take effect. Usually into the next Republican President's first year in office.
    It's so good to see our current president, Mr. Trump, keeping his campaign promises! Sarah Sanders does a great job and makes it look easy. We all know it's not easy to deal with the liberal-loving, Trump-hating media! Thanks again, for keeping it real, Mike. I truly appreciate you. Sincerely, Cheryl Reinig

• Pam Short

12/12/2017 12:13 AM

Sarah does a great job! Obama is jealous he never had anyone like her working in his office!

• Sandra Joss

12/12/2017 12:05 AM

Sarah's response was perfect! I really enjoy watching her responses to the liberals in the press briefings. She definitely can hold her own! She is a great asset in the White House!

• Susan holder

12/12/2017 12:03 AM

You must be soooo proud!

• Catherine Hurlock

12/11/2017 11:49 PM

I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders is doing an incredible job, albeit sometimes an enormously challenging one, in representing our great President, President Trump. Kudos to her parents for raising an amazing young woman.
    I am in awe of all of the events that are transpiring at this time. It is Biblical prophecy happening right before our eyes, exciting and yet very scary all at once.
    I take comfort in the fact that good always triumphs over evil. May God bless you all in your righteous endeavours.

• Margaret Kost

12/11/2017 11:44 PM

Governor, I love the way you and Sarah say it! I love your Dad approach that says Sarah could just have laughed and said nothing. As mature parents we know 'silence is golden' and silence can speak extremely loud. Amazing the media can't see it and doesn't get her! Obamatized! I see him as a person who appeared to ruin this country from the inside out. Ignoring our God inspired constitution and laws and definitely not building our economy, but draining it. I am Obama tired but Sarahfied!

• Sandra Ruml

12/11/2017 11:42 PM

MIKE, I admire you and wanted you to be President. I do not hardly listen to any news but our local news anymore. I cant trust anything I hear, or see on the internet. I love your column because I believe you tell the truth, you are a Godly worshisping man and will explain things to us truthfullfy. I trust your views and your daughter. You must be so proud of her. I voted for Pres. Trump and support most of what he does, I just wish he would stop his tweeting. I thought as Pres. he wouldnt be able to do anything he wanted but would have good men to counsel him, but lately he seems to be doing what he wants and not listening to anyone. I pray for the Holy Spirit to guide him to do the right thing as I pray for all of congress too. This country is in bad shape and we need good men like you to keep us updated on the truth. Thank you for all you do.

• Ashley W. Lewis

12/11/2017 11:31 PM

Thank you for your refreshing honest commentary & you do it with good-natured humor.

• Linda Radosevich

12/11/2017 11:25 PM

I agree 100% with the other comments, but have to say Lorri Rouse's was my exact thought! She really 'schooled' those reporters...and they acted like five-year-olds. I thank God for your insight and common sense, and thank you for instilling them in your gorgeous daughter. Go Sarah!

• Charlene hoyer

12/11/2017 11:25 PM

This is unrelated to this particular commentary, but related to your commentary about Jerusalem. 100 years ago last week. Trump is really fulfilling a God thing!

• Charlene hoyer

12/11/2017 11:24 PM

December 11, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Jim Moore

12/12/2017 10:51 AM

• Barbara Alvarez

12/12/2017 10:51 AM

I hate when the media goes after President Trump!!!

• Barbara Alvarez

12/12/2017 10:46 AM

I always read your posts and look forward to them!.......Thank you!!!

Barbara Alvarez

• Geraldine Tinnin

12/12/2017 10:29 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee,
    You have so much to be proud of, and we are so thankful for both of you.
    God bless you both.
    Geraldine Tinnin

• AnnMarie Hohmann

12/12/2017 10:20 AM

• Rick Stanley

12/12/2017 10:01 AM

• Carol Mitchell

12/12/2017 09:49 AM

Love reading your comments and I think Sarah Sanders is doing a great job.

• Jan Burton

12/12/2017 09:47 AM

• tom jeffs

12/12/2017 09:38 AM

SPIN - - - - - - -

you've gotta admit that Obama is good at SPIN, huh ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Dianne W Hooper

• Joseph Trokey

12/12/2017 09:06 AM

• DeniseCarrera

12/12/2017 08:56 AM

• William T. Bevington

12/12/2017 08:53 AM

I so agree. BTW I love Sarah...does a great job!

• Frank Stewart

12/12/2017 08:43 AM

• Paul Wade

12/12/2017 08:03 AM

• Jerry Nelson

12/12/2017 08:01 AM

I read them.

• Belinda Schuler

12/12/2017 07:48 AM

You said it so well, I'll just whole heartedly agree.

• Bruce Deming

12/11/2017 11:25 PM

• Charlene hoyer

12/11/2017 11:25 PM

• Charlene hoyer

12/11/2017 11:24 PM

December 11, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Jim Moore

12/12/2017 10:51 AM

• Barbara Alvarez

12/12/2017 10:51 AM

I hate when the media goes after President Trump!!!

• Barbara Alvarez

12/12/2017 10:46 AM

I always read your posts and look forward to them!.......Thank you!!!

Barbara Alvarez

• Geraldine Tinnin

12/12/2017 10:29 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee,
    You have so much to be proud of, and we are so thankful for both of you.
    God bless you both.
    Geraldine Tinnin

• AnnMarie Hohmann

12/12/2017 10:20 AM

• Rick Stanley

12/12/2017 10:01 AM

• Carol Mitchell

12/12/2017 09:49 AM

Love reading your comments and I think Sarah Sanders is doing a great job.

• Jan Burton

12/12/2017 09:47 AM

• tom jeffs

12/12/2017 09:38 AM

SPIN - - - - - - -

you've gotta admit that Obama is good at SPIN, huh ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Dianne W Hooper

• Joseph Trokey

12/12/2017 09:06 AM

• DeniseCarrera

12/12/2017 08:56 AM

• William T. Bevington

12/12/2017 08:53 AM

I so agree. BTW I love Sarah...does a great job!

• Frank Stewart

12/12/2017 08:43 AM

• Paul Wade

12/12/2017 08:03 AM

• Jerry Nelson

12/12/2017 08:01 AM

I read them.

• Belinda Schuler

12/12/2017 07:48 AM

You said it so well, I'll just whole heartedly agree.

• Bruce Deming