December 13, 2019

For people who have no sense of humor, Democrats seem to have no sense of “serious,” either.

First, let's examine the premise that Democrats have no sense of humor.  I can personally attest to that. On Thursday, I tweeted something so outrageously silly that no one in his right mind would take it seriously. I forgot there were clueless Democrats out there and that I needed to add “THIS IS A JOKE, YOU IDIOTS."

Here’s what I tweeted: “I’ll be on @seanhannity [email protected] FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media, et al, attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that’s why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.” It went on: “Greatly honored to be asked to chair @realDonaldTrump re-election campaign for @POTUS in 2024. Gives me lots of time to plan! By then the Dems will no longer be a political party in America, replaced by the New Whig Party.”

Democrats flipped their whigs.

Now, since comedy is (or should be) based on truth, I should say that certain elements of my tweet were true. I WAS going to be on with Sean Hannity at 9pm ET on Thursday. There certainly WAS (and still is) illegality involved in the attempt to bring down the President. But the rest of the tweet is so obviously in jest that I was not expecting to be “fact-checked.”

(Of course, fact-checking isn’t what it used to be, because “facts” aren’t what they used to be. Today, a “fact” is what I believe because it has been repeated enough times to me as a talking point even though there is no evidence for it. But I digress.)

Anyway, plenty of leftists assumed I was serious. One tweeted, “If they ACTUALLY try this, we need to revolt. We need to leave our jobs, march to D.C., put the orange f----- out of the White House, and lock him in chains. If anyone tries to protect him from facing justice, they should be prepared for violence. Normally, I think the civil war talk is irrational, but gunning for a third term because of “Democratic obstructionism” is fascism at is finest. It needs to be stopped by any means necessary.”

You know, if anything is “fascism at its finest,” it’s marching to D.C. and locking the duly-elected President in chains. Another insane person tweeted: “When he [Trump] said China had the right idea about getting rid of term limits and laughed and said ‘we’re working on that’ when supporters push for him to get three terms, those really should have been obvious signs that he absolutely planned to proclaim himself president for life.”

And this: “Why not just say Trump should be made King? Or maybe president for life, mister huckabee?”  Good grief.

"It was unclear if Mr. Huckabee was serious,” wrote Tom Embury-Dennis at the British news outlet INDEPENDENT, “but there is no indication there exists any official 2024 re-election campaign for Mr. Trump, who faces a battle just to win a second term in November 2020.” (We’ll see about that.) In case their readers aren't aware, Mr. Embury-Dennis helpfully noted that such a campaign “would be unconstitutional” because “the U.S. Constitution expressly forbids Presidents from serving more than two terms in the White House.” Gosh, really? (On the other hand, since this is a British publication, some of their readers probably DON’T know an American President can’t serve three terms. So at least the Brits have an excuse for not knowing. Maybe they find our system as baffling as we find their Parliamentary system. But I digress, again.)

Recall that when Obama was President, there were theories going around that he would find a reason to declare marshal law and remain in office indefinitely. I think a lot of that anxiety was fueled by the fact that he had the media in the palm of his hand, was worshiped as a god by leftists and was already exercising power “with a pen and a phone” that went beyond his constitutional duties.

Even THE HILL reported on my tweet as if it were serious. Were they just playing along with the joke? I don’t think so; they say they “reached out to the White House and Trump’s 2020 campaign for comment.” Really??

Huckabee teases Hannity appearance, says he'll explain why Trump is eligible for third term

So when you see Democrats on the floor of Congress repeatedly calling Trump a “dictator,” as they did during Thursday’s big, embarrassing impeachment confab, don’t think their words have no effect. They do with their lame-brained base --- the ones who take the dumbest ideas ("Medicare For All"?) at face value and think AOC says deeply profound things --- because that crowd has completely lost its collective mind. They’ve known nothing but freedom and don’t understand that If Trump really were a dictator, he would have silenced them all long ago, either by throwing them into prison, throwing their families into prison, or standing them up against a wall and shooting them. Plus, he would have taken everyone’s guns and money, which, when you think about it, is what THEY want to do.

Gee, if Presidents want to continue having their hands in the pot when their term of office is up, the best way would probably be to have loyal swamp-weasels embedded deep within the government bureaucracy, doing every possible thing they thought they could get away with to sabotage the interloper and get him thrown out of office. Even spy on him. Just a thought.

Anyway, I did go on HANNITY Thursday night. (See?  That part is true.)  Sean put up the response to my tweet from Susan Rice:  “WTF??!!,” which I understand means “Well, that’s fine.” It was fun for me to see Democrats’ heads explode over this, especially when Susan Rice took the bait. To never-Trumpers, having Trump in office another four years is something you can’t even joke about. Not even on April 1.

So, we’ve established that Democrats can’t take a joke, or even recognize one. But it seems they don’t have a sense of “serious,” either. Look at the hurt their self-indulgent impeachment sham is causing the country right now, setting precedents that undercut our system of checks and balances and due process. Nancy & friends put on long faces and pretend to be heartbroken, when we know they can barely contain their shivers of delight as they sit before the cameras all day and call President Trump a dictator a few thousand times.

This is their fantasy come true.  For a few hours, they get to stomp all over Trump and forget how this travesty is going to make many of them very, very sorry in November. (Contrast their phony Constitution-waving with the gravitas of someone like Bill Barr, who genuinely cares about the law.) These Democrats have no idea how ridiculous they look to the rest of us. And that truly is sad.

• Ellen Klapperich

12/13/2019 03:47 PM

Oh to be the driver of the Karma Bus.....

• Cynthia Pacheco

12/13/2019 03:44 PM

But still LOL LOL LOL to be caught out like that!

• Doug Johnson

12/13/2019 03:38 PM

Trump the dictator, if that is so why are the worthless dems still getting a pay check for doing nothing? Congress has done nothing for 3 years now because of the democrat controlled house. They not only look bad but they make the republicans look bad because they haven’t been able to do anything to help the country. In 2020 we need to clean house. My prayer is that God sends good Christian business people to Washington to run this country and kicks out anyone that does not put God, family, and country first and puts president Trump back in. Thanks for the opportunity to voice my feelings

• Donna K Lewis

12/13/2019 03:36 PM

Mike, I love the way you think! You have an awesome sense of humor and are a true Patriot. Keep doing what you're doing. I would love to see the Dems heads explode! I believe they will pay at the ballot box in 2020. Looking forward to the RED TSUNAMI in 2020??????

• Ed Thompson

12/13/2019 03:35 PM

Seriously I don’t have anything to say about this one, but as long as I have this space to use, I might as well advertise our property we are trying to sell in Arizona—- it’s a fabulous opportunity to own beachfront property on one of the most prestigious and private beaches in America! Just saying, give our realtor— Dowe Doem and How a call and ask about it!

• Jerry Korba

12/13/2019 03:30 PM

Good going Mike You should have a good joke for these half witted dummies every day I get a little charge watching them go off the deep end. Just remember the creator didn't give all the people enough brain power to know what's serious and what isn't the same as knowing right from wrong as we been following the half witted have been wrong a lot. The Creator gave us the half wits as a form of entertainment for regular people. Tell me this Hank Johnson from Ga. is playing with a full deck or many Congress people and Senators on the Left side of the isle are playing with a full deck everything they say or do is scripted almost impossible to act with intellect to make sensible decisions on their own they are like the monkey tied to the organ grinder trained to do as they are suppose to do by their master. I do laugh at them they are funny with all their repetitive thoughts, they read what their master has printed. Just can't take them seriously. Please Mike tell them another joke I like it when the monkeys dance and holler.

• Pam Paulsen

12/13/2019 02:55 PM

I love this. Your sense of humor is priceless. If they read any of your tweets at all, they'd know you're messing with the minds -- which apparently isn't too hard to do. Keep up the good work. I enjoy it!

• BeeGee Johnston

12/13/2019 02:53 PM

I think you are extremely funny and genuine and dumocrats have beaten the same old drum so long, they can’t recognize satire anywhere. Keep on keeping on, Sir!

• Angela Schmidt

12/13/2019 02:38 PM

I LOVE Huck's sense of humor! It's obvious that Dems haven't got any! Reading all of their comments on Twitter totally gave me my laugh for the morning!

• Heidi Petrick

12/13/2019 02:32 PM

Bravo Governor! I’m sorry I don’t have TV right now that would have been a hoot to see! You mentioned that Obama and his comrades were really talking about the same thing- ending term limits. I think we should consider that if they are able to oust Mr Trump from a second term or get in in 2024. But in the meantime let’s enjoy the season and the show, in that order. God bless you and yours Governor. Heidi

• Jenny Casanega

12/13/2019 02:27 PM

Love your sense if humor! We watch your show every week and love it!! We saw Tilsi Gabbard interviewed by you on your show and are concerned she appeared as a moderate.She not only accepts The New Green Deal but Healthcare for all.

• Kenneth Hadler

12/13/2019 02:18 PM

I continue to see the big photo of Barack Obama and the question "If Obama would run for a third term, would you vote for him?" How many times should I say NO? ONCE, but the illegal question keeps appearing on some email ads even though I have protested against it appearing on my screen.
    However, Obama still acts like he thinks he is president as he travels around the world pretending to represent the USA>

• Michael Donohoe

12/13/2019 02:13 PM

Donald Trump Jr., 2024 would be the cherry on top.

• Ron Bangert

12/13/2019 02:07 PM

2024 Republican Ticket:

Mike Pence - President
    Donald Trump - Vice President

That will get you a lot of traction Mike. These two need a lot of prayer coverage before then.

• RICKEY TYNER

12/13/2019 01:50 PM

The constitution states that a person cannot be elected twice into the office of president. It doesn't say they can't serve more than two terms. In 2024, Pence (or maybe Don Jr.) runs for president with Trump as running mate. After winning the election and is sworn in, he immediately steps down, then Trump is promoted to President. Trump then nominates Pence (or Don Jr.) for the vacated vice president position. Problem solved. Good luck with the campaign. I'm in.

• Margo Bombard

12/13/2019 01:48 PM

I enjoyed you little poke of fun. Wasn't too surprised at the fright it generated on the left though. You're so right, no sense of humor on that shore. But then, "it takes one to know one" They would be terrified of that scenario, because that's what they would do, if given the chance. Twisting the facts to see what a dictator might do to them comes right from their own worst nightmares.

• Brad Barnes

12/13/2019 01:44 PM

Mike,

I thought it was hilarious!

Think of it: the poor Whig party would have to face the fact of no Donald Trump in office in 2024. They might want to rethink it because they would no longer be able to continue trying to do their favorite endeavor, "Impeach, impeach, impeach!" They could be held accountable to do what they were elected to do, serve their constituents.

You do a fantastic job of leading, sharing, and encouraging true Americans, who I consider to be folks who recognize what a great country we live in.

Brad

• Richmond L. Nunn

12/13/2019 01:40 PM

Great that their uninformed and non-constitutional readers had their whigs flipped. On the other hand, to prevent more of this TV extortion racket to continue, the opposing party SHOULD have some skin in the game. A 3rd term for President? Perhaps not, but a lawsuit against all the parties to this unsuccessful attempt should go down against them. A raid on their personal fortunes would perhaps make them pay attention to facts a bit better. No taxpayer money should be allowed to pay for the lawsuits, nor should it be allowed that their campaign money should/could be used either. These funds should come right out of their personal "HIP NATIONAL" bank. I'm sure that cessation of their gov't perks would get their attention too. A thorough investigational scrubbing of their taxes and personal accounts by the IRS might open a few eyes as well..

• Beth Hay

12/13/2019 01:36 PM

Are you listening in my conversations with my husband? We said a few months ago that Trump should get a third term since he was hamstrung throughout the whole first one.

So that's what those 3 letters stand for--hmm. I thought it was Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Who knew?

• wilma faulkner

12/13/2019 01:33 PM

I am not a very smart person but even I knew that was a joke. :) Believe me when I tell you that these people are not idiots. They knew you were joking. They just wanted to have a reason to protest. These people get up every morning wondering what they can protest about. They love to hate and it is their means for living. I can't help but wonder why they are on a Trump supporter's website except to cause trouble. Look at it this way, you just made their day complete. Should spread happiness where ever we go. :) You done your good deed for the day. God Bless you :)

• Dan Osteen

12/13/2019 01:15 PM

Thanks for that, Mike. Brilliant! You have confirmed my belief that pissing of leftists is about the most fun a person can have with all their clothes on!??

• Cathy Cornforth

12/13/2019 01:14 PM

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    Idiots.
    Merry Christmas to you and your Family!

• Michele Heard

12/13/2019 01:09 PM

Now you KNOW when people take themselves too seriously, they definitely do not understand humor from others! I say Mike Huckabee in 2024??

• Kathleen Kemmer

12/13/2019 01:08 PM

Brilliant!

Kat

• Harlan Stensaas

12/13/2019 01:06 PM

So it was a joke. HOWEVER, since the Congress is okay with term limits for the executive branch, why have we not initiated the same limits for Congress. All the arguments are the same. NOW, since the Congress does not introduce measures to start term limits for Congress, THEN the term limits imposed on the executive should be rescinded to permit another FDR to take four terms or lifetime, whichever comes first!

December 13, 2019

Democrats flipped their whigs.

• Ellen Klapperich

12/13/2019 03:47 PM

Oh to be the driver of the Karma Bus.....

• Cynthia Pacheco

12/13/2019 03:44 PM

But still LOL LOL LOL to be caught out like that!

• Doug Johnson

• Jenny Casanega

12/13/2019 02:27 PM

• Kenneth Hadler

12/13/2019 02:18 PM

• Michael Donohoe

12/13/2019 02:13 PM

Donald Trump Jr., 2024 would be the cherry on top.

• Ron Bangert

12/13/2019 02:07 PM

2024 Republican Ticket:

Mike Pence - President
    Donald Trump - Vice President

• RICKEY TYNER

12/13/2019 01:50 PM

• Margo Bombard

12/13/2019 01:48 PM

• Brad Barnes

12/13/2019 01:44 PM

Mike,

I thought it was hilarious!

Brad

• Richmond L. Nunn

12/13/2019 01:40 PM

• Beth Hay

12/13/2019 01:36 PM

• wilma faulkner

12/13/2019 01:33 PM

• Dan Osteen

12/13/2019 01:15 PM

• Cathy Cornforth

12/13/2019 01:14 PM

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    Idiots.
    Merry Christmas to you and your Family!

• Michele Heard