December 13, 2019

For people who have no sense of humor, Democrats seem to have no sense of “serious,” either.

First, let's examine the premise that Democrats have no sense of humor.  I can personally attest to that. On Thursday, I tweeted something so outrageously silly that no one in his right mind would take it seriously. I forgot there were clueless Democrats out there and that I needed to add “THIS IS A JOKE, YOU IDIOTS."

Here’s what I tweeted: “I’ll be on @seanhannity [email protected] FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media, et al, attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that’s why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.” It went on: “Greatly honored to be asked to chair @realDonaldTrump re-election campaign for @POTUS in 2024. Gives me lots of time to plan! By then the Dems will no longer be a political party in America, replaced by the New Whig Party.”

Democrats flipped their whigs.

Now, since comedy is (or should be) based on truth, I should say that certain elements of my tweet were true. I WAS going to be on with Sean Hannity at 9pm ET on Thursday. There certainly WAS (and still is) illegality involved in the attempt to bring down the President. But the rest of the tweet is so obviously in jest that I was not expecting to be “fact-checked.”

(Of course, fact-checking isn’t what it used to be, because “facts” aren’t what they used to be. Today, a “fact” is what I believe because it has been repeated enough times to me as a talking point even though there is no evidence for it. But I digress.)

Anyway, plenty of leftists assumed I was serious. One tweeted, “If they ACTUALLY try this, we need to revolt. We need to leave our jobs, march to D.C., put the orange f----- out of the White House, and lock him in chains. If anyone tries to protect him from facing justice, they should be prepared for violence. Normally, I think the civil war talk is irrational, but gunning for a third term because of “Democratic obstructionism” is fascism at is finest. It needs to be stopped by any means necessary.”

You know, if anything is “fascism at its finest,” it’s marching to D.C. and locking the duly-elected President in chains. Another insane person tweeted: “When he [Trump] said China had the right idea about getting rid of term limits and laughed and said ‘we’re working on that’ when supporters push for him to get three terms, those really should have been obvious signs that he absolutely planned to proclaim himself president for life.”

And this: “Why not just say Trump should be made King? Or maybe president for life, mister huckabee?”  Good grief.

"It was unclear if Mr. Huckabee was serious,” wrote Tom Embury-Dennis at the British news outlet INDEPENDENT, “but there is no indication there exists any official 2024 re-election campaign for Mr. Trump, who faces a battle just to win a second term in November 2020.” (We’ll see about that.) In case their readers aren't aware, Mr. Embury-Dennis helpfully noted that such a campaign “would be unconstitutional” because “the U.S. Constitution expressly forbids Presidents from serving more than two terms in the White House.” Gosh, really? (On the other hand, since this is a British publication, some of their readers probably DON’T know an American President can’t serve three terms. So at least the Brits have an excuse for not knowing. Maybe they find our system as baffling as we find their Parliamentary system. But I digress, again.)

Recall that when Obama was President, there were theories going around that he would find a reason to declare marshal law and remain in office indefinitely. I think a lot of that anxiety was fueled by the fact that he had the media in the palm of his hand, was worshiped as a god by leftists and was already exercising power “with a pen and a phone” that went beyond his constitutional duties.

Even THE HILL reported on my tweet as if it were serious. Were they just playing along with the joke? I don’t think so; they say they “reached out to the White House and Trump’s 2020 campaign for comment.” Really??

Huckabee teases Hannity appearance, says he'll explain why Trump is eligible for third term

So when you see Democrats on the floor of Congress repeatedly calling Trump a “dictator,” as they did during Thursday’s big, embarrassing impeachment confab, don’t think their words have no effect. They do with their lame-brained base --- the ones who take the dumbest ideas ("Medicare For All"?) at face value and think AOC says deeply profound things --- because that crowd has completely lost its collective mind. They’ve known nothing but freedom and don’t understand that If Trump really were a dictator, he would have silenced them all long ago, either by throwing them into prison, throwing their families into prison, or standing them up against a wall and shooting them. Plus, he would have taken everyone’s guns and money, which, when you think about it, is what THEY want to do.

Gee, if Presidents want to continue having their hands in the pot when their term of office is up, the best way would probably be to have loyal swamp-weasels embedded deep within the government bureaucracy, doing every possible thing they thought they could get away with to sabotage the interloper and get him thrown out of office. Even spy on him. Just a thought.

Anyway, I did go on HANNITY Thursday night. (See?  That part is true.)  Sean put up the response to my tweet from Susan Rice:  “WTF??!!,” which I understand means “Well, that’s fine.” It was fun for me to see Democrats’ heads explode over this, especially when Susan Rice took the bait. To never-Trumpers, having Trump in office another four years is something you can’t even joke about. Not even on April 1.

So, we’ve established that Democrats can’t take a joke, or even recognize one. But it seems they don’t have a sense of “serious,” either. Look at the hurt their self-indulgent impeachment sham is causing the country right now, setting precedents that undercut our system of checks and balances and due process. Nancy & friends put on long faces and pretend to be heartbroken, when we know they can barely contain their shivers of delight as they sit before the cameras all day and call President Trump a dictator a few thousand times.

This is their fantasy come true.  For a few hours, they get to stomp all over Trump and forget how this travesty is going to make many of them very, very sorry in November. (Contrast their phony Constitution-waving with the gravitas of someone like Bill Barr, who genuinely cares about the law.) These Democrats have no idea how ridiculous they look to the rest of us. And that truly is sad.

• Mike Horst

12/13/2019 01:03 PM

Well Mike...I actually think we need to elevate President Trump to His Majesty King Donald 1 and just Eliminate this election nonsense. Long live the King!

• Mary Ann Hartzler

12/13/2019 01:01 PM

Loved it! The democrats ought to just establish a colony on the moon where their socialist utopia won't damage any of us. We could then call them lunatics. Ha ha ha!

• Janice Short

12/13/2019 01:00 PM

These dumb & dumber Democrats who are in office have NO idea how really dumb they look to the rest of our country. PLEASE!! I hope they continue this travesty through next November. I guess they will place the blame for their loss on those of us who really do have a brain.

• PEGGY WORSHAM

12/13/2019 01:00 PM

Mr. Huckabee, I'm just a simple woman from Texas but I caught your joke and have been laughing silly. It was ALMOST as funny as these past weeks have been! God has blessed America as only He could... and the dems fell for it! I believe President Trump is under the protective arm of God Almighty and will succeed as long as he remains focused on the good of the people. Bless you!

• Mary Taylor

12/13/2019 12:55 PM

This whole fantasy drama by the Democrats of impeaching our Elected President is a farce and will backfire on them I’m 2020. What a shame and disgrace that the lame-stream media has lost all sense of true journalism and has become a propaganda arm for the Democratic/Socialist party.
    The have completely lost the confidence of most Americans, and any integrity and credibility they may have had.

Dems

• Anita Smith

12/13/2019 12:54 PM

Amazing. So much for fact checking.

• Ruth Delfino Spiering

12/13/2019 12:49 PM

Thank you, dear brother, for your usual beautifully clever comments about the sesspool critters. There may be some IQ in them, but no sense and absolutely no wisdom (wisdom comes from God Himself). The Lord bless you and your work.

• Anne Amato

12/13/2019 12:45 PM

Dear Governor,
    When I initially read your comment about the 2024 Election Campaign, I knew you were joking....but I am used to your humor.

In thinking about this today, however....Since this President has basicalky been cheated out of effectively working for the good of the American people during his first three years of his first term, would it not be fundementally fair to make a temporary and legal exception to the term limit rule? (Obviously this is a "pipe dream"....(although that term may not longer be relevant in our society.)

What we have seen the last three years should NOT be the "norm". What other way could such irresponsible behavior by an opposition party be shut down?
    Because I do not see any other way except the total restructuring and defining of the rules of the impeachment process--and that will not happen with the current members in Congress....any more than the call by the American people to have term limits for THEM!

Additionally....my personal feeling about how and why President Trump has been treated is that "the resistance" KNEW....from the minute he declared his candidacy....that if he became "President Trump", he was NOT going to be a cooperating member of the "power cabal" and their long established rules.

If one is old enough to remember....the "UnderDog" cartoon series....that's who he is....as the theme song indicates: "god of lightening, lord of thunder...fighting all who rob and plunder....UnderDog!"

And....they were also afraid he would be the one who had the COURAGE to fight and to actually open "Pandora's Box" of the "elite cabal"....allowing all the evils in the system to fly out and be seen by a high number of justice-loving patriots of this country.....shedding the light....way down into that box filled with corrupt intent. It was a shock to many....but the widespread corruption does exist in many who have positions of power in this country.

And...yes...this President WAS and IS that unconventional and brave person!

• Brenda Easterling

12/13/2019 12:39 PM

You are so right, The dumb dems think they know it all. I realize there are some of them that are honest, what I don’t understand is why they follow the dummies who are leading this impeachment charade. It’s a joke. They have shown they don’’t give a rip about our country or our citizens. Polosy is the leader of the pack. All I know is God has a plan and one of these days they are going to get their’s. Judgement day is coming.

• Susan G Kater

12/13/2019 12:37 PM

While I know you meant your Tweet in jest, Governor, there are many of us who believe President Trump should have, at least, 3 years added to his first term because of Democrat's obstructionism. They have squawked of nothing BUT impeachment from the moment the man took office and have done NOTHING to help the American people during that entire time.

• Cathy Norman

12/13/2019 12:36 PM

????

• DUWAYNE WEBER

12/13/2019 12:33 PM

Thanks Mr Huckabee, a little levity is refreshing! Too bad the Dems are caught up in their “Trump Bashing” they cannot see how hilariously obsessed they are...
    Keep up the great work, as we approach 2024!!!

• Wanda

12/13/2019 12:29 PM

The leftest Dems are so rabid with hate that even to think about a 3rd term makes them go Mad with their slime and slobber.....

• rodney burke

12/13/2019 12:26 PM

well, unfortunately libs have the maturity of an infant. And to top it off, they have documented mental illness. TSD coupled with projection. Now, I do agree, the libs OWE DT at LEAST 2 years for this criminal act (Mueller ) they perpetrated on him and US.

I don't think nancy knows what a real dictator is. I don't think she knows what one does. But then she knows nothing about history...even in the 20th century. Most of the libs likely have no clue what happened in Russia as the USSR, nor China under Mao and Germany under Hitler. The intellectual VOID in the libs is amazing. If DT became a dictator for just a month... he could clean up the ovomit mess and get us on the right path. You a re probably at this point, asking "what planet do they live on?" I've heard this from other sources. Nancy wants to run the country and all she has for us is economic insanity? Really?

DT has I believe, a MA from the Wharton Business school? The top notch in the country and they are calling him ignorant? And who has been throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old? That is laughable in itself!

• Mary Abraham

12/13/2019 12:20 PM

i think if it were possible, Mr. Trump does deserve an extra term, hassle-free for 4 extra years as punitive damages. Don't these blind Democrats see that socialism will make people poor, and the godless regine will undermine the country?

• Henry Schafer

12/13/2019 12:18 PM

The ?LIBERALS? are a bunch of "frauds," that should be convicted of "Misusing American's Tax Dollars" for the rediculious *Impeachment Process* that the twisted thinking Dems are doing to unseat a dually elected PRESIDENT (Trump)?!!! ..... ????????????????????????????????????

• Klaus J Christoph

12/13/2019 12:17 PM

I find it totally amazing that there are actually people on the left so stupid as to take your joke seriously. I actually feel sorry for them. Just goes to show how bad our public educational system is.

• jerry clemens

12/13/2019 12:15 PM

Governor, Keep the jokes coming. It is, I must admit, getting harder to hold on to even a little bit of my customary humor. Reading you newsletter & listening to your interviews on FOX have helped. I enjoy your straight forward, thoughtful remarks. Can only hope there are enough real Americans out there in the fly-over country paying attention. November 2020 looms large.

• Michael E. Smith

12/13/2019 12:15 PM

Thanks Mike for the great since of humor and the truth that you bring to the air waves . I think the dems know what WTF really means and that is When They Fail in their attempt to bring down such a great President. Thanks again and we hope someday to go to your show.

• Patricia R Hepner

12/13/2019 12:15 PM

Suddenly and surprisingly this nightmare will soon come to an end !

• Suzanne M Caillat

12/13/2019 12:12 PM

Gov, this is your best commentary EVER! But I might add that most everyday Americans are not missing your humor and logic regarding the pathetic impeachment scam. As the demo utopia crumbles, the poor demoncrats are scrambling to invent new charges based on lies and rewriting the Constitution. They would be well advised to remember that God sees all the evil they do; there is no place to hide!
    God bless you for uplifting your fellow countrymen and standing with our great President!

• Toni DeFronzo

12/13/2019 12:10 PM

Well, today’s column is a great read, from every angle. A true report on the stupidity of the “impeachment” drama, mixed with a healthy dose of humor. You do have a way with reporting facts in a palatable way, i.e., spoonful of sugar. The tweeted retorts to your column would be comical, if the imbeciles were joking. Because they are serious, who can respect ANY of those nut jobs?

Thank you for watching their clown show and letting us know IF anything of substance is worth watching.

• Bonnie Sappington

12/13/2019 12:08 PM

I am praying for the LORD to, continue to, protect President, you, Governor Huckabee, and the United States of America. A lot of American people who watched 23 unamerican dictators vote to impeach the President of the United States of America and cannot recognize the evil hearts that those people have, are definitely thinking idiotically. All democrats are liberals and all liberals are communists. That is what has taken over the democratic party. But I understand that there were 31 democrats who refused to vote for impeachment?? Then why doesn't our government become an American Party. Where everyone elected brings their ideas to a round-table discussion and take all of the best ideas for this country of the free and the home of the brave?? You're right, I do not understand politics, but I absolutely do know what a liar and a dictator is. BTW, Sir, I'm glad you still have your sense of humor. I live in the Ozarks of Arkansas, Baxter Country. But I was raise in California. I also know what crazy is.

• james randolph

12/13/2019 12:06 PM

REPEAL the 22nd AMENDMENT ... and TRUMP 4EVA!!
    Since the DEM-SOC want to dump the ELECTORAL COLLEGE from the CONSTITUTION ...
    RECIPROCITY ... call the CONVENTION OF STATES ... and let's get started ...
    ...
    The amendment was passed by Congress in 1947, and was ratified by the states on February 27, 1951. The Twenty-Second Amendment says a person can only be elected to be president two times for a total of eight years. It does make it possible for a person to serve up to ten years as president.
    [jim]

• Ken Johnson

12/13/2019 12:02 PM

That is so funny. Maybe you should have saved that joke for the democrats national holiday, April Fools

December 13, 2019

Democrats flipped their whigs.

• Mike Horst

12/13/2019 01:03 PM

• Mary Ann Hartzler

12/13/2019 01:01 PM

• Janice Short

12/13/2019 01:00 PM

• PEGGY WORSHAM

12/13/2019 01:00 PM

• Mary Taylor

12/13/2019 12:55 PM

Dems

• Anita Smith

12/13/2019 12:54 PM

Amazing. So much for fact checking.

• Ruth Delfino Spiering

12/13/2019 12:49 PM

• Anne Amato

12/13/2019 12:45 PM

Dear Governor,

And...yes...this President WAS and IS that unconventional and brave person!

• Brenda Easterling

12/13/2019 12:39 PM

• Susan G Kater

12/13/2019 12:37 PM

• Cathy Norman

12/13/2019 12:36 PM

????

• DUWAYNE WEBER

12/13/2019 12:33 PM

Keep up the great work, as we approach 2024!!!

• Wanda

• jerry clemens

12/13/2019 12:15 PM

• Michael E. Smith

12/13/2019 12:15 PM

• Patricia R Hepner

12/13/2019 12:15 PM

Suddenly and surprisingly this nightmare will soon come to an end !

• Suzanne M Caillat

12/13/2019 12:12 PM

• Toni DeFronzo

12/13/2019 12:10 PM

• Bonnie Sappington

12/13/2019 12:08 PM

• james randolph

12/13/2019 12:06 PM

REPEAL the 22nd AMENDMENT ... and TRUMP 4EVA!!
    Since the DEM-SOC want to dump the ELECTORAL COLLEGE from the CONSTITUTION ...
    RECIPROCITY ... call the CONVENTION OF STATES ... and let's get started ...
    ...