President Trump's Speech Tonight

February 5, 2019

Tonight, President Trump will go to the House of Representatives (his invitation got delayed in the mail by a week) to give his State of the Union Address.  Advance word is that he will attempt to reach out to work with Democrats, which is no surprise since one of the major reasons he was elected was his reputation as a deal-maker.  But voters didn’t reckon on just how around-the-bend nutzo his opponents would be.

They were so furious at losing an election they thought they had in the bag – and to that vulgarian Donald Trump, no less! – that they determined that they would “resist” everything he tried to do, even if it was necessary or beneficial to America, or something they had previously supported.

Those DACA recipients they claimed to care so much about?  If helping them means giving Trump something he wants in return, then let ‘em be deported.  Another couple of hundred miles of wall on the border when they’d already voted to build nearly 700 miles?  Absolutely not! They’d even shut down the government (which liberals love more than their own mothers and kale salads) to prevent Trump from the cruel, racist, xenophobic act of increasing the already-existing border fencing by 35%.

In fact, they now call walls “immoral!”  If that’s true, shouldn’t they be demanding we take down the walls we’ve already built?  And not just on the border, but around government buildings and their own mansions and gated communities?  Let me know when they tear down the walls around Fort Knox.

So tonight, President Trump will walk into the lion's den and likely talk like a conciliatory deal-maker and appeal for unity and bipartisanship.  But he will also make a strong case for why the measures he’s promoting are necessary and why mindless partisan opposition is harming America.  And I predict that the Democrats will respond with mindless partisan opposition, making Trump look like the adult in the room.

The White House has already revealed some of the people on Trump’s guest list…

As expected, they will include surviving relatives of Americans killed by criminal illegal aliens who should have been jailed or deported and blocked from returning, but were running loose due to lax border security and immigration enforcement and wrongheaded leftist “sanctuary” policies.  I expect to see a lot of camera cuts from those families to reaction shots of Nancy Pelosi trying not to look like she’s been sucking lemons – and if we don’t see those cutaways, that will be a very deliberate choice by the TV networks.

Democrats have a choice of acting like adults or continuing their two-year-plus tantrum. The latter seems a sure thing, as some of the most radical leftists in history recently were elected to the House, and they’re bringing rabid Trump haters as their guests (I imagine they’re taking bets in Vegas on how many minutes it will take before the first one starts screaming and trying to drown out the President like a snowflake undergrad at Berkeley being exposed to a speaker with a differing opinion.)

Then again, there are still a few Democrats who don’t want to follow the Socialist firebrands over the cliff.  Will they have the guts to applaud anything Trump says, or to be willing to buck their bullheaded leader and work with him to get some needed goals accomplished?

It promises to be one of those historic, can’t-miss moments in TV history, so pop some popcorn and settle in.

Final thought before the big show:  It will be ironic if President Trump goes down in history as the first President who was actually able to make a deal with murderous North Korean communist dictator Kim Jong-Un that ended his nuclear threats, but Nancy Pelosi was too stubborn and leftwing to talk to him.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

The "Gender Pay Gap"

Stand up for what you think is right

Pelosi takes it back

• Deanna Drab

02/05/2019 11:51 AM

Following is an editorial I wrote in 2012. Please use it or any part of it in any way you wish.
    TO MY LATINO COMPADRES
    I do not speak your language with my lips, but I speak the language of your hearts.

Growing up in the small south Texas town of El Campo, lots of my schoolmates were Garza, Garcia, Escobar, Barrera, etc. Their fathers and grandfathers helped to form the great state of Texas. They either were here or came here seeking a better life for themselves and their children and their children's children.

That is exactly the same reason my forefathers came to this country. Our Founding Fathers set up our government to be ruled by laws, declared unalienable rights, promised no oppression, promised freedom of religion and many other freedoms.

My father was a laborer. My grandparents picked cotton and were sharecroppers, worked as domestics, oilfield hands, etc. My mother took in sewing. They taught us that working for a living was honorable and rewarding.

Do not fall for the politicians who tell you they want to change this country. If your fathers had wanted this country changed into what they had in their homelands, they would have stayed there. No. Your fathers left their families, homes and friends to come to the USA, the last great hope for freedom on this planet. You do not want this country changed. You want it to be the country envisioned by your fathers and our Founding Fathers.

Vote for the person who promises to uphold our Constitution and our laws. That is who your fathers would vote for. Do not give your lives to the politicians who promise to take care of you from cradle to grave. REMEMBER. The government who can give you everything you want can also take away everything you have.

Deanna Drab , Kemp, TX 75143

• Mark Farrar

02/05/2019 11:49 AM

Let us hope he is successful but I am also a realist. The hyperbole, hypocritical, PC double standards the democrats routinely operate with will not make the task easy.

• Skip Thomas

02/05/2019 11:49 AM

The pressure point of panic in DC is nearing the "redline", with our president shining Light on their true values, agendas and solution-less voices. "The Trump resistance movement" is willing to go so far to the left, and he knew they would, that they are happy to admit they embrace full blown socialism - communism and "abortion after birth". At the same time, the undercurrent of corruption, sex and drug trafficking, (that has provided huge funding), gave them all the rope they need to hang themselves. I have been impatient for justice... however, I think I understand the magnitude of this global mission. We are witnessing an epic period in humanity, divine intervention and creating a destiny rather than accepting a gloomy fate.

• Angela L Lawson

02/05/2019 11:47 AM

Dear Mr. Huckabee, I absolutely love to receive your Newsletters. Your Newsletters are always "spot on". I am so grateful to God that we have intelligent and Godly people like you and your beautiful daughter, Sarah, to defend Our President. I will most certainly be tuning in to support President Trump as he gives The State of The Union Address, this evening. I must admit; however, I am not at all sure I will be able to "stomach" the criticism coming from Stacey Abrams with The Democrat Party answer. Why in the world would The Democrat Party choose a known "loser", who holds absolutely no political office, to do the critique? I know, who can really explain the reasoning of The Democrat Party "at all". Keep the Newsletter coming I thoroughly enjoy and agree with your opinions and your quick wit. ~Angela L. Lawson

• Lynn Barr

02/05/2019 11:41 AM

Someone put Oxycontin laced with fentanyl in my granddaughter's boyfriend's Dr. Pepper. He was Morman so he did not drink or take drugs. He graduated from University of Arkansas two and one/half years ago. They met the first week of school and graduated on the same day. His father is very old and ill (second family) and he moved back home to help his mom with his dad - he was the youngest son. My granddaughter is DEVASTATED. She has cried for a two weeks. It is because that BITCH Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer do NOT want a wall that drugs are streaming across the border. I'll HATE them forever. Tell TRUMP to use whatever means he can to accomplish this. My husband, daughter and I should be attending a wedding NOT a funeral.

• Grace Barbera-Bryson

02/05/2019 11:41 AM

most important person w/ actual facts that spends almost all the time on the border w/ his co-reporters (yes honest truth) isn't going to be there. BIG MISTAKE. BRANDON DARBY has fact and figures. he is so right.Immmediate real danger to americans and illegals are the cartels that mexico works with for $ (and my guess is so do members of our govt) that are streaming in people thru (i believe Los Gatos area) of open no arrests w/2 border agents - cartel is lead by convicted terrorist that loves killing - let's get a wall up immed and huge military there now. let's piece meal it starting there.

• John Samples

02/05/2019 11:25 AM

High tax rates on the 1 percent would have little effect as much of their income is subject to capital gains instead of income. The a middle class would take the hit, again.

• GAYLE EDWARDS

02/05/2019 11:11 AM

WHEN I WAS A CHILD I WAS TAUGHT TO RESPECT THE OFFICE EVEN IF YOU DON;T LIKE THE PERSON.
    WHERE HAVE MANNERS GONE, THEY ARE NEVER OUT OF STYLE.
    IF YOU DONT LIKE TRUMP OR THE SPEECH, SIT IN SILENCE. IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT, LEAVE THE COUNTRY.
    I WOULD BET WE COULD TAKE UP DONATIONS.

• ken moore

02/05/2019 10:58 AM

build the wall do what you need to do save USA from central America terrorist

• Stephen Russell

02/05/2019 10:52 AM

SOTU:
    Dems can wear pinkie caps to show , Unity
    Pro Pres Trump fans etc wear MAGA hats, audience, staffers,
    Or see Dems leave SOTU, standup & walk out.
    Either way a Good show.

• Jack Branson

02/05/2019 10:43 AM

You're a real blessing to my wife and me, Governor, as well as so many other Christian conservatives! We also enjoy your weekly program on TBN!

• Jack Branson

02/05/2019 10:42 AM

President Trump's Speech Tonight

February 5, 2019

The White House has already revealed some of the people on Trump’s guest list…

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

The "Gender Pay Gap"

• Grace Barbera-Bryson

02/05/2019 11:41 AM

• John Samples

02/05/2019 11:25 AM

• GAYLE EDWARDS

02/05/2019 11:11 AM

WHERE HAVE MANNERS GONE, THEY ARE NEVER OUT OF STYLE.
    I WOULD BET WE COULD TAKE UP DONATIONS.

• ken moore

02/05/2019 10:58 AM

build the wall do what you need to do save USA from central America terrorist

• Stephen Russell

02/05/2019 10:52 AM

SOTU:
    Dems can wear pinkie caps to show , Unity
    Pro Pres Trump fans etc wear MAGA hats, audience, staffers,
    Or see Dems leave SOTU, standup & walk out.
    Either way a Good show.

• Jack Branson

02/05/2019 10:43 AM

• Jack Branson

02/05/2019 10:42 AM

President Trump's Speech Tonight

February 5, 2019

The White House has already revealed some of the people on Trump’s guest list…

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BY CLICKING HERE. I READ THEM!

The "Gender Pay Gap"

• Grace Barbera-Bryson

02/05/2019 11:41 AM

• John Samples

02/05/2019 11:25 AM

• GAYLE EDWARDS

02/05/2019 11:11 AM

WHERE HAVE MANNERS GONE, THEY ARE NEVER OUT OF STYLE.
    I WOULD BET WE COULD TAKE UP DONATIONS.

• ken moore

02/05/2019 10:58 AM

build the wall do what you need to do save USA from central America terrorist

• Stephen Russell

02/05/2019 10:52 AM

SOTU:
    Dems can wear pinkie caps to show , Unity
    Pro Pres Trump fans etc wear MAGA hats, audience, staffers,
    Or see Dems leave SOTU, standup & walk out.
    Either way a Good show.