I’ve said for a long time --- and today I’m in very good company --- that if you want to know what Democrats are doing, look at what they’re accusing Republicans of doing. It just keeps happening, over and over, and it happened again yesterday, with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s oddly timed statement that because of her deep commitment to the Constitution and the law (sure, Nancy), she was initiating a congressional impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

Never mind that her announcement means essentially nothing, as the House Judiciary Committee was already doing an “inquiry” and the full House hasn’t even voted on conducting one, as they are supposed to do. The idea here is mostly to take attention OFF what THEY are doing or have done. In this case, what the Democrats, specifically the Hillary campaign/DNC and the Biden family, have done relative to Ukraine and other foreign entities is so serious that, in their minds, they really have no choice but to try some misdirection: go after Trump on the mere hint that he might have done something similar. So now, after all the other accusations and investigations have fizzled, they’re off and running again.

Their need for this is so urgent that Pelosi couldn’t even wait for the full, unredacted transcript of Trump’s phone call with the Ukrainian president to be released. In fact, by the time my commentary appears, it likely will have been released, just as Trump has said it will be, and Trump is actually meeting face-to-face with Ukrainian President Zelensky on Wednesday; Zelensky has said he was not pressured by Trump. There’s also the upcoming Inspector General report on FISA abuse coming out very soon now, reportedly next week, which will add to the Democrats’ woes.

By admission, most Democrat activists don’t care WHAT Trump said to the Ukrainian president. As the theory goes, Trump could benefit from more scrutiny of the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine –- assuming Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee, which was looking increasingly unlikely –- and he also was balking at sending aid to a country mired in corruption, so these two things must have a cause-and-effect relationship. The Democrats don’t need evidence that they are linked when the preferred narrative is that they are.

Aside: There are a few commendable exceptions. Even staunch Democrat Leslie Marshall said Tuesday that the Democrats are acting inadvisedly, getting ahead of themselves. Yes, all the stars aligned this week and Leslie Marshall and I are in full agreement, at least on this! Presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has also come out against it.

One has to wonder about Pelosi’s personal view on thisl; I had thought she believed more as Marshall does. During her statement, her talk of Ben Franklin and the Constitution seemed heartfelt and she even got even a little “ferklempt,” but when she came to the Big Moment to announce her impeachment inquiry, I thought her expression changed to reveal something else: a flicker of fear.

“There is no requirement there be a quid pro quo in the conversation,” she has said. “If the President brings up [that] he wants them to investigate something [concerning] his political opponent, that is self-evident that it is not right. We don’t ask foreign governments to help us in our election...”

Sorry, Nancy, but that’s not the way it works. If it did, then anyone running against Donald Trump would be vaccinated against having his or her actions looked into, no matter how suspect or outright criminal they were. Oh, wait, I forgot –- in Hillary’s case, when SHE was running against Donald Trump, the FBI did treat her that way. So I guess in Nancy World, Joe Biden or anyone else running against Trump is vaccinated, too.

It boils down to this huge irony: The Democrats are accusing Trump of using the threat of withdrawing aid to Ukraine to pressure that government into investigating Joe and Hunter Biden. Republicans are accusing Joe Biden of using the threat of withdrawing aid to Ukraine to pressure that government into NOT investigating Burisma Holdings, where his son Hunter sits on the board. (How his son got on the board of this natural gas company with no qualifications whatsoever is another question.)

So, who actually is guilty of inappropriately pressuring Ukraine? We KNOW Joe Biden is, because he bragged about it in front of cameras and an audience full of people (who laughed in approval). But if I were a wagering man, I’d bet we find out today and later this week that there is no evidence Trump abused power in this way. As we’ve noted, the so-called “whistleblower” has no firsthand knowledge of Trump’s mid-July phone call with the president of Ukraine. The transcript is set to be released in full, with no redactions, on Wednesday. And the administration is fine with this person coming forward and testifying publicly. At this writing, they’re reportedly also having discussions over the release to Congress of the complaint in full.

As for this person, senior administration officials are saying that he or she, though still not publicly identified by name, has been found by the Intel Committee IG to be politically biased “in favor of a rival candidate of President Trump in 2020.” This person’s attorney, Andrew P. Bakaj, worked for Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton in 2001 and later spent years at the CIA and Defense Department.

As Rudy Giuliani told Laura Ingraham Tuesday night, “I think the Democrats have stepped into something way beyond what they realize. It reminds me of a fighter who is swinging wildly against a really skilled fighter who has a great right hand and puts him right down. They have walked into something that I was hoping they’d walk into for six months, and what they’ve exposed is probably, what it’s going to turn out to be, one of the major scandals of the early part of the 21st century, which is Joe Biden."

“...I think they [Democrats] are covering up for what will turn out to be massive corruption in the Obama administration.”

You know they are, Rudy. And that’s no doubt why I saw that little flicker of fear on Nancy Pelosi’s face.

Rudy’s rant at “Giuliani: Democrats are covering up mass corruption during Obama administration”...

Ingraham Angle

John Solomon would agree with Rudy. Here’s his latest report, which Giuliani references in the above rant, on the Democrats’ election history with Ukraine. Dems have been pressuring Ukraine to do their bidding since before Trump was in office. This is very serious and involves the Obama White House. (Link below.) Solomon also reports that Connecticut Democrat Sen. Chris Murphy is STILL using veiled threats of withdrawing U.S. aid to pressure Ukraine to ignore requests for an investigation into allegations of past corruption involving Americans, including the Bidens. He’s doing the same sort of thing Trump’s being accused of, and boasts of it proudly!

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

Finally, here’s a great column that echoes much of what I’ve been saying, albeit a little more bluntly.

Why the Democrats Have Gone Insane

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

• Patricia Ann Pacini

09/25/2019 03:40 PM

As the Bible states. . ."You're sin will find you out." The Democrats will be found out for what they have done for the entirety of Donald Trump's presidency. They should NOT be pointing any fingers at Trump, when they have four finger's pointing back at them! I will say, that Satan is having a hey day working through the Democrats in trying to bring our strong and God fearing President down, and he will NOT succeed. Satan. . .YOU ARE A DEFEATED FOE!!! I am getting ready for all the great things that President Trump will do during his next four years, because he will be our next president, if Jesus tarries.

• Brenda Willis

09/25/2019 03:27 PM

If the Democrats were investigated as much as they have drilled our POTUS, there would not be one of them left in office. For starters how did they all become wealthy on the income they make? Surely no money was exchanged under the table, or paybacks. How come nothing was done about Benghazi? Hillary's emails, Obama telling Putin (on a hot mic) he would be more flexible after the election? Apparently, he knew he was getting elected for another looooong 4 years. Oh my, the list goes on and on. There are absolutely no grounds for impeachment. I am just going to keep on praying that "no weapon formed against him will prosper." So far, every weapon the Dems have formed has come back to bite them.

Thank you Mike for keeping us informed, I know we can trust you!!

Sure miss seeing Sarah. ?? She wasn't intimidated by the press, she was a straight shooter.

• Linda Kirk

09/25/2019 03:15 PM

I’m sorry but I did not hear any pressure in the phone call that the Dems are up in arms about. I definitely feel this may backfire on them later . Most people I talk to feel that the past 3 years have been wasted trying to find a reason to impeach Trump. What a waste of the taxpayers money. So disgusted with them!!!!!

• Catherine Fortin

09/25/2019 02:41 PM

The 2020 election cannot come too soon. This latest episode of "Trump versus
    Democrats" is getting to be "old school". Thank you Mr. Huckabee for your
    sensible comments on all that has gone on since 2016. I look forward to reading
    them each day.

• Kay DeWitt

09/25/2019 02:28 PM

MY RIGHTEOUS RAGE (that is the LORD'S righteous rage) AT THIS LAST EFFORT, ON THE PART OF THE DEMOCRATS, TO DESTROY PRESIDENT TRUMP IS GOING TO PLAY A PART IN GETTING MY VOICE HEARD BECAUSE THEIR HATRED TOWARD PRESIDENT TRUMP IS THE SAME HATRED THAT IS DESTROYING OUR (HIS). KIDS!!!...

The downright abominable hypocrisy OF this is that, while wanting to impeach President Trump for violating the "law" of the "land" ...our Constitution written by MAN...they think nothing of violating the law of LOVE...written by almighty God, in HIS "law book", known as the Bible....where He tells us to love OUR enemies!!!!!!

Tell me..do you suppose our kids would be killing one another if they SAW this law of love being witnessed to in the lives of others...like the Democrats?....Trust me...One cannot have the kind of passion ABOUT this...like I have....and God NOT arrange for me TO get my voice heard.......AND it THIS fact that makes me one of my President's greatest supporters!!!!

• Anita Ward

09/25/2019 02:25 PM

The dishonesty in the Democratic Party is an embarrassment to our United States! There are some democratic controlled media informed people, both in the United States and in other countries who have been brainwashed by the lying democrats and media that may actually believe the all of the lies and corruption that spews from theM. Those are people who have lost the ability to use their God given thought processes. I truly feel sorry for our young people who have been and are still being brainwashed by the school teachers and college professors ( and parents and students ‘loans’ are paying to be brainwashed by them)! It’s disgraceful. Shame on those who make dishonesty their way of life. It is destroying our country and are they are too stupid to realize what they doing?

• Jan

09/25/2019 01:56 PM

My mom said way back “the guilty dog barks first”. That has been proven in families, businesses and if you look closely between democrats and republicans. For the last 3 years whatever the Dems accused the Republicans of doing, the Dems have done it and trying to distract investigators from catching them.

• David Colonna

09/25/2019 01:35 PM

In the back of my mind I knew this was coming and I have to admit I was truly mad(pissed off) and I called John Lewis's office and told them this. Emphasizing how the Democrats can sleep at night how can they Mike. Once I listened to sane people at Fox news and your great articles, I am now laughing at this all or basically getting back my sanity. WOW how more corrupt can the Democrats get

• Mike Horst

09/25/2019 01:15 PM

Mike...God Bless You Brother!...You obviously are very clear eyed as to our criminal corrupt Democrats evil empire activities. These yahoos surely can't think that the American People are that stupid. My hope is that they suffer an astounding, huge, Crushing defeat on all fronts in the 2020 Presidential and local elections. I'm talking that Trump carries 45 states and that the Republicans have 68 Senators and 295 house representatives. NO RINO's Allowed! Then we will
    make miserable to the fullest extent for the next 4 years. Conrad AOC and her merry band of Jihadies will just have to Die, Get Over It or maybe their "constituents" will "smell the coffee" and divine light fall upon them and they will be put out of office. That is what they so richly deserve.

• sharon bandy

09/25/2019 01:11 PM

The democrats in the house are animals. How can we stop them, they seem to have so many Americans supporting them. It breaks my heart that regular people support abortion through the ninth month, support getting everything for free when nothing is free, doing away with our religious freedom, and support giving our freedom over to the democrats. In the name of Jesus how do we stop the lying, cheating and ruining others lives. God help us.
    Sharon Bandy

• Harriet Arrasmith

09/25/2019 01:03 PM

Thank you for calming the waters with your insight. What a struggle we are in... I encourage people to pray for mercy for our country and for our president. May we all try harder to stay in His will. Thank you, Mike

• Stuart Bailey

09/25/2019 12:10 PM

Stupidity and ignorance know no boundaries..
    My dog understands the concept of the Democratic Party and refuses to have anything to do with it...Republican Party ..good dog 1 biscuit..bad dog no biscuit..Democratic Party..lie, cheat, steal, murder, false wittiness, undermine the school system, permit poor parenting, blame the victims. etc, etc..

• stephen mitchell

09/25/2019 12:06 PM

As usual , nothing will come of this . Our judicial system is corrupt , as well as most of our " elected officials " ! It's all a bunch of noise and smoke blowing . I've tired of it along time ago ! It's come to the point , that I don't care to hear anymore of it , and I never know who , or what to believe . Sad , very sad !

• Jasn Traxler

09/25/2019 11:53 AM

Being a President Trump supporter is analygous at times to being a passenger in a racing car on a narrow, single lane, mountain road with no guardrails. I trust President Trump as the driver but it is breath taking when he hits the berm on those outside curves, particularly when the the rabid left radicals put obstacles on the blind curves. It would be great if we could leave the obstructing liberal left behind and find that divided highway on level ground.

• Charlotte Brees

09/25/2019 11:53 AM

I am so tired of Democrats wasting my tax payer money on trying to take down our perfectly good president. I wish somebody would take Hillary Clinton down. At least that wouldn't be a waste of my money.

• Kenneth Wilson

09/25/2019 11:47 AM

Is there anyway of getting Speaker Pelosie removed from office? One voter I know has said the answer is no.
    Why don't we hear from the members of the House that agree that Pelosie should be "impeached", "removed", or whatever?

• Patricia Allums

09/25/2019 11:46 AM

I don’t care if they are Democrat or Republican, but this House has not accomplished not ONE thing in two years! They have spent the whole time “investigating” someone! They are the body that I thought was supposed to create laws that would benefit our country! I am sickened by them! Each of them collected a salary that came from the pockets of the American people! They should be ashamed!

• Jeffrey Youree

09/25/2019 11:37 AM

I had been waiting for your comment. I knew it was coming. What tickled me last night was CBS News cut off her Press Conf. without a finish and she had a s!%t eating grin on her face....about what I expected. She was oh so professional and would not speak of impeachment and then the other shoe dropped. In comedy it is all about what...... timing! Shewas shy and just was waiting for the constitutionally appropriate time. :)

• Janice Hunton

09/25/2019 11:32 AM

The Ukrainians elected an actor as president because they couldn't trust their corrupt politicians. (I guess they took notice of why we elected Trump.) But as it turns out, it looks like Americans who are involved with businesses and politicians there are causing a lot of the corruption.

• Robert Fullerton

09/25/2019 11:19 AM

Put this old bag out to pasture. She has destroyed the Party. Good.

• Angela L Lawson

09/25/2019 11:09 AM

Loved reading your "letter" today, Governor Huckabee. I just posted this to Facebook minutes before reading your newsletter. I felt good knowing that I was on the "same page" as you are in my thinking! Here's what I posted: It's The Democrat Party Way......accuse President Trump for exactly what Your Party is guilty of! Honestly, this "Ukraine" issue is going to bite them in the a$$, too.....just a matter of time. Just give The Democrat Party enough rope and they will eventually "hang themselves"......it has happened time and time again.

• Robert Mascari

09/25/2019 11:02 AM

Dems are SO worried about losing 2020, that they will promise anything, fabricate anything, deflect any claim of misdeeds on their part and feed the Trump deranged syndrome to the Nth degree all in fear of being defeated next year. It is beyond high time that they be held accountable for their illegal activities (i.e. Hillary, Comey, Biden etc) and pay that price by losing yet another presidential election, by a landslide, in 2020............and some going to jail.

• Stephen Russell

09/25/2019 10:52 AM

Pelosi: No One Above The law:
    Applies to Dems 2, NO exceptions, why should they be off the hook.
    No deals, make=.
    Enforce & shake up Dems elite etc.

• Marilynn Hoyt

09/25/2019 10:49 AM

Gov Huckabee, I am old enough to remember how Clinton used to deflect his latest problem by changing the subject and trying to creating something bigger. And it usually worked to a point. It's an old way and one the dems seem to have clung to. Out here in flyover land, we are getting very tired of it all. We love our President and we think that any congress person who isn't doing a thing to help the country in any way, should leave!

Ingraham Angle

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

Why the Democrats Have Gone Insane

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

• Patricia Ann Pacini

09/25/2019 03:40 PM

• Brenda Willis

09/25/2019 03:27 PM

Thank you Mike for keeping us informed, I know we can trust you!!

• Linda Kirk

09/25/2019 01:11 PM

Sharon Bandy

• Harriet Arrasmith

09/25/2019 01:03 PM

• Stuart Bailey

09/25/2019 12:10 PM

Stupidity and ignorance know no boundaries..

• stephen mitchell

• Jeffrey Youree

09/25/2019 11:37 AM

• Janice Hunton

09/25/2019 11:32 AM

• Robert Fullerton

09/25/2019 11:19 AM

Put this old bag out to pasture. She has destroyed the Party. Good.

• Angela L Lawson

09/25/2019 11:09 AM

• Robert Mascari

09/25/2019 11:02 AM

• Stephen Russell

09/25/2019 10:52 AM

Pelosi: No One Above The law:
    Applies to Dems 2, NO exceptions, why should they be off the hook.
    No deals, make=.
    Enforce & shake up Dems elite etc.

• Marilynn Hoyt

09/25/2019 10:49 AM

Ingraham Angle

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

Why the Democrats Have Gone Insane

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

The fight over "crying baby Trump"

Schiff can't keep hiding Ciaramella and the coup

• Patricia Ann Pacini

09/25/2019 03:40 PM

• Brenda Willis

09/25/2019 03:27 PM

Thank you Mike for keeping us informed, I know we can trust you!!

• Linda Kirk

09/25/2019 01:11 PM

Sharon Bandy

• Harriet Arrasmith

09/25/2019 01:03 PM

• Stuart Bailey

09/25/2019 12:10 PM

Stupidity and ignorance know no boundaries..

• stephen mitchell

• Jeffrey Youree

09/25/2019 11:37 AM

• Janice Hunton

09/25/2019 11:32 AM

• Robert Fullerton

09/25/2019 11:19 AM

Put this old bag out to pasture. She has destroyed the Party. Good.

• Angela L Lawson

09/25/2019 11:09 AM

• Robert Mascari

09/25/2019 11:02 AM

• Stephen Russell

09/25/2019 10:52 AM

Pelosi: No One Above The law:
    Applies to Dems 2, NO exceptions, why should they be off the hook.
    No deals, make=.
    Enforce & shake up Dems elite etc.

• Marilynn Hoyt