Bill Clinton says rural folks more gullible

November 8, 2017

Former President Bill Clinton took to the podium at Georgetown University, his alma mater (Class of ‘68), to badmouth political adversary President Trump for badmouthing political adversaries.

Clinton also had come up with an explanation for why Trump did so well in rural America against Democratic nominee (perhaps in light of recent revelations I should say “nominee”) Hillary. Gosh, what else could it be but that rural voters are “trapped” in the sort of out-of-the-way place that makes them more vulnerable to false claims? The implication is that if those folks just had more mobility, they could live in a place that was more progressive and capable of helping them see the light. Ideally, that would be someplace on one of the coasts, where, you know, Hillary did well. They'd love it there!

He criticized the divisiveness of the Trump administration while failing to ask the logical question: What could be more divisive than a former President going around giving speeches that trash the current one?

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

Idiotic Policy

• Jerry Waechter

11/13/2017 10:09 AM

I realize that I just have a college degree from a college in Nebraska--but my Grandmother from Arkansas taught me that if you go around putting down people they are very unlikely to vote for you--Senator Clinton lost my vote when she decided that Christians should follow her instead of the Bible and change their religious values. Calling people names and lying to them probably didn't help either.

• Frank Varner

11/13/2017 10:03 AM

It is not the rural people that are dumb and gullible, it is the multi-millions in large cities that are looking for free healthcare, welfare, and all kinds of free handouts, along with those liberal politicians, lobbyists, and the people that are educated by the liberal educators of colleges and universities. It shows how a perverted minded adulterer such as Bill Clinton wants to twist things for his advantage.

• Tracie Gipson

11/13/2017 09:57 AM

Really?? I think this just proves that "rural" individuals are wise and not swayed by popular rhetoric. We ARE individuals that think and discern for ourselves! We don't need someone or others to do that for us. So, we have morals and we think...I'll accept that?? Thank you for standing on the truth. God bless America

• Celeste Anderson

11/13/2017 09:37 AM

Bill Clinton's remarks are offensive not only to me, but to every "locked-in" rural, small-town American who is the BACKBONE of our civilized society. The difference is not as he described it - it is because these "unfortunate" folks still hold to God, morality, family, and Constitutional principles! So it's not good to "bad-mouth" someone else - why then does he proceed immediately to bad-mouth Pres. Trump? I tell you true! We "deplorables" are sick and tired of losing our flawed-but-once-wonderful country to a liberal, politically correct, socialistic mentality that will be the death of America. I feel a revolution coming! And Clinton's ignorant, uncaring words - along with those of others of his ilk - are just adding fuel to the fire!

• Terry Martin

11/13/2017 08:43 AM

Bill Clinton won't be able to spin (lie) at the judgment.

• LaMoyne Priddy

11/13/2017 08:40 AM

I guess since deplorable didn't work before, they are trying gullible this time around!

• LaMoyne Priddy

11/13/2017 08:33 AM

Sounds like the gullible ones are the Clintons and the rest of the "political establishment". That includes the Republicans! (Those who SAY they will do what the people elect them for THEN get elected and decide to save us from ourselves!) We are tired of being used!!

• Crystal Engels

11/13/2017 08:30 AM

I am so tired of the bashing n' trashing going on in the political world. I thought mudslinging wasn't allowed. However, one other thought occurred just now! At least with Donald Trump in the Whitehouse, things are able to be said without fear of the FBI, CIA, IRS, etc. banging on your door, and having your entire world and business turned upside down because you asked an honest, hard hitting question. (At least I haven't heard of any occurrences.) Remember Joe the plumber?

• Jim Corrin

11/13/2017 08:22 AM

And the exodus of urbanites to the rural areas is hurting the rural lifestyle. They move to the country to escape the horrors of the cities.
    They arrive and all at once they want the same amenities they had in the city. Examples are: We need public parks (Response, I live in my own park that I bought), I smell cattle (Response, You bought agricultural property), I don't think people should be shooting and hunting here (Response, You are in the woods or didn't you notice when you bought the property), etc.
    The cave dwellers want subdivisions, public transportation, strain the infrastructure (Sherriff, schools, FD, etc.). Worse than that they bring the liberal mindset that government handouts are better than self-reliance...Something "Slick Willy and his bride, Killary (the "Butcher of Benghazi") fail to comprehend! Look no farther than a map of Virginia. The state is entirely red except for some blue dots that are part of the swamp.

• Jeff Lynn

11/13/2017 07:58 AM

Perhaps Mr. Clinton was trying to explain how he got elected.

• william kesler

11/13/2017 07:12 AM

The Clinton's are easy to read... simply invert any statement they make.
    Bill's a well known liar. Apparently most have forgotten with what ease he lied to the people during his terms... Monica Lewinsky... why China should be allowed into the WTO... NAFTA will be great for the economy...

• Margaret Hamm

11/13/2017 05:59 AM

I think most rural people have common sense. They are not swayed by fast talking city slickers. Lets not leave out liars and a&&es.

• Rustin Lowery

11/13/2017 04:20 AM

Perhaps the Clinton machine should consider the fact that more recently, a large portion of rural folks moved there from the city. Many businesses are allowing people to work from home. These same people have embraced the rural lifestyle and are rebelling against the big city and big government attitude.

• Robert Easley

11/13/2017 03:05 AM

Want to talk about rural. That would be Bill Clinton. He was born in Hope, Arkansas - the watermelon capital of America. What could possibly be more rural than that? Oh? Okay there's always Goober Town, Arkansas - Population - not many. I lived there for 5 years
    on my grandfather's farm. Later on I joined the U.S. Air Force for nearly 12 years and saw the world. Then I went to work at Texas Instruments Inc. and performed basic Research in the field of Particle Beam Physics. Poor ignorant rural me.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I was a campaign worker for some guy named Ronald Reagan and became a charter member of his Republican Presidential Task Force and helped him win twice. Sorry for being so backwards about what goes on in America.

• Evangelina Martinez

11/13/2017 02:53 AM

Interesting now I'm gullible because I live in a Rural area. He also insulted me because I am Poor and voted for Trump. And he wonders why he got Impeached and Hillary didn't win the Presidential race. Guess what Bill I'm voting for President Trump again in 2020. By that time hopefully you and your crime boss wife will be in Prison along with Obama watching Him WIN again from your Prison cells.

• Frances Mays

11/13/2017 01:42 AM

By the way, I live in a rural area, although I used to live in one of the largest cities in the US. I find there is no difference in the level of access to information with the internet and local libraries, etc. Why would Clinton assume that just because we live in a rural area, we are uninformed and gullible (Clinton interpretation = stupid). I can only shake my head and think that perhaps he was hoping his audience at Georgetown U. was gullible.

• Frances Mays

11/13/2017 01:27 AM

Hi, Mike. Thanks for allowing me to respond to Bill Clinton's speech at Georgetown University regarding the gullibility of the rural population.
    Could Bill Clinton be any more arrogant or ignorant? I think not. I'm seething with anger over his speech and anyone who agrees with him is equally arrogant. I think he may be continuing his wife's book tour, "What Happened?" Considering the years of criminality, debauchery, lies, theft, drug running, money laundering, sexual assaults and deviancy, back-door deals only to benefit their own pockets, why would any American with half a brain and moral standing even consider voting for a Clinton?
    I would posit that a person's location, whether rural or urban, does not make them gullible. It is ignorance that makes a person gullible. On the other hand, if a person is well-informed and they vote for Clinton anyway? I can only imagine they not only approve of Clinton's wretched behavior, but if given the opportunity, would behave in like manner. Thank God, we still have more people than not who stand for what's right and good in American.

• Kathy Owen

11/12/2017 11:42 PM

The past presidents have no right to bash Trump. He misjudges the rural folks. That is why Trump is President. And as for Bill and Hillary Clinton and many of the other Democrats, they seem to have forgotten the terrible morals of Clinton - while in the White House and out of it_ or they would quit making comments about other politicians that have done much less than he did.

• Betty Jeanne Tackett

11/12/2017 11:38 PM

I’m originally from a rural area. I left to go to a university in a big city and got my Bachelor of Science degree! I worked for several years, met and married my husband and had a slew of kids!! I am well read, I keep up with current events and watch the news! What’s my excuse for voting for Pres. Trump?? I voted for him because I liked his agenda and I didn’t like Hillary’s! She didn’t tell me anything I wanted to be done! He wanted to curb Illegal immigration, reduce taxes and pass a health care bill that made sense!! What I am having trouble dealing with right now is the republicans in Congress who seem to have no understanding what this country needs! They, some individuals especially, have no idea why so many people voted for Donald Trump! They act like they have no idea how to lead!! I think some of them reprehensible in their opposition to Their President!!
    I have more I could say but not the time!!
    Thanks for listening!!
    BJT

• Jan Smyder

11/12/2017 11:31 PM

Would much rather be a rural American than a politician with you and your wife's sordid history. The Democratic party has destroyed our great country's history, look how the educators have messed up the youth--now they want our country to be like Europe, my ancestors came here to have the freedom of their religious beliefs, etc. My ancestors fought in the Revolutionary Wars and all the other wars to have freedom. You and the others like you are only interested in money, power and destruction of the greatest country ever. Maybe you should try living in Iran.

• Kathryn M Johnson

11/12/2017 11:30 PM

People who call others names are actually thinking that of themselves. With that said Bill is gullible and Hillary is deplorable. LOL

• Phillip Wallace

11/12/2017 11:03 PM

I think it was Hillary that described us as "Deplorable's" We're not as rural as you think we are Bill...The coasts don't run the country and that's the reason we don't elect by popular vote. Remember Bill, it's only been one year, she lost to all the "Deplorable's".

• Richard

11/12/2017 10:58 PM

I love your newsletters! We need you in the white house along with President Trump. I wish President Trump would appoint you in some major position that could help him make America great again. When my wife and I are playing cards with friends and someone makes a mistake, our favorite comment is, AT THIS POINT, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE! ha ha! That was such a stupid comment from a politician when it involved American lives and Americans are killed, when they could have been helped or even saved. Keep up the good work that you are doing to bring us the truth. Obama and all who are trying to destroy America should be sent to prison for life! Thank you

• john stiefer

11/12/2017 10:54 PM

60 Hard Truths About "Liberals" - Family Guardian

60 Hard Truths about "Liberals" For those of you who do not know, especially young people, I am compelled to inform you of the generally un-known truth that the ...

• Sylvester Montgomery

11/12/2017 10:12 PM

I am embarrassed that any past presidents have "bashed" President Trump!! In my opinion it brings disrespect on them for doing this. I believe in the saying..."IF you can't say something good, then say nothing at all." This, I believe, especially pertains to sitting presidents. I know both ex-presidents Bush...1 & 2, have bashed President Trump. They lost my respect for doing so. As far as ex-president Obama, he never had my respect!!

• Clara Todd

11/12/2017 10:10 PM

Hello,
    Not everyone can live on the East and West coast and not everyone wants to live on the coast line. It is too expensive, too crowded, has extreme weather, is too political, and is not safe to live in peace. Nothing like living away from the coast lines...less extreme weather, less fake news, religious freedom, more tolerance among people...real people with real values and real views live here...fresh air, space, beautiful outdoor scenery, family people. We do have problems but we as neighbors try to understand and solve the problems with the help of service agencies and police, if needed. We, for the most part, want to make America Great, again. We do know the difference between real politicians and fake politicians.

• Mark Jones

11/12/2017 10:10 PM

I live up in the mountains of Colorado with a population of around 7500 and it is a conservative county. I could live anywhere in this country and it wouldn't change my views of what I believe. I am really tired of the Clinton's telling us of why Hilliary lost the election. It's really easy to understand...we didn't want her as our President!

• AMY GARRETT

11/12/2017 10:01 PM

SO SOON WE FORGET. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/13/flight-logs-show-bill-clinton-flew-on-sex-offenders-jet-much-more-than-previously-known.html

• Barbara Kulwicki

11/12/2017 09:50 PM

That's going to go over well in the Midwest! Why can't these people just be honest??

• Janice Butler

11/12/2017 09:40 PM

Would those be the same "gullible rural (Democrat) folks" that voted not once but twice for Bubba Clinton? Just wonderin'.

• Jerry Rampton

11/12/2017 09:02 PM

I do not live in a rural area, but I'd say country/rural people are the exact opposite of what Clinton said! Not easily swayed by every wind and waver, and even keeled!

I love rural people. Gullible? NO WAY !!!

• Claudia Nelson

11/12/2017 09:00 PM

Interesting...Mr. Clinton seems to think that we all live in the backwoods somewhere and are without phones, computers and daily news. Perhaps the reason we're not "going along with the program" is because we can recognize crooks when we see them?

• Sandra Mendoza

11/12/2017 08:50 PM

What Bill Clinton really mean is that the rural folks have not been brainwashed by the commie propaganda thrown at the rest of us day and night. On now on...I am calling the Left by their REAL ideology, COMMUNISTS!

• Kathleen Bowings

11/12/2017 08:48 PM

I read this and felt I had to make a comment about how I am seeing so many young people bashing our President and the office of the presidency. The older folks that support America with our taxes and jobs are in agreement with MAGA! We are the contributing factor, not those that take off of work to demonstrate, do not have jobs, live off the entitlement afforded those in need. I think all past Presidents should not make negative comments about the current administrations. And....why does the current Senate and House not get behind our President and help him to make things happen for the good of all??

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:17 PM

This is from the same camp that was outraged that all those emails that were released to the public that raised the hem of Hilarys skirt and exposed her nakedness (Biblical description). They were not concerned with the fact that she was guilty, but rather that the truth was made known to the voters. God shewed us the truth so we could make an intelligent choice. Thank you God!

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:15 PM

This is from the same camp that was outraged that all those emails that were released to the public that raised the hem of Hilarys skirt and exposed her nakedness (Biblical descrition). They were not concerned with the fact that she was guilty, but rather that the truth was made known to the voters. God shewed us the truth so we could make an intelligent choice. Thank you God!

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:14 PM

It will be a long time before Bill or Hillary will ever admit that Trump is doing an excellent job as President!

• Geraldine Slaght

11/12/2017 08:14 PM

The Clintons are so Evil. And self serving people. They should be put in jail.

• Jerry Rampton

11/12/2017 07:36 PM

I love rural people. Gullible? NO WAY !!!

• Patsy Cobb

11/12/2017 07:23 PM

It is so refreshing to read your commentary. I am thankful someone with great intelligence and integrity has taken the time to keep us informed with the truth. God bless you.

• Patricia L. Thomas

11/12/2017 07:10 PM

I have no respect, whatsoever, for anything that Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, any of the Bushes. and Obama have to say about anything. They all made themselves rich off the American People's backs, and have committed so many crimes it is unbelievable that they are still walking around free. I still morn for Bengazi, 9/11, Las Vegas, NY, Florida, and Texas. (and all the others) This country has been literally torn apart by the democrats and rinos in DC for their globalist agenda. Anything those people say about our President or our country is a load of horse apples. I am of the mind that the majority of politicians are professional liars. Tired of being lied to and ripped off. And believe me I know. I am a Veteran that has been fighting the VA for my disability for over 22 years.

• Robert Habada

11/12/2017 06:56 PM

I think slick Willie needs to shut up and him and his wife Crooked Hillary need to be held accountable for all their corrupt dealings!

• Ron Stephens

11/12/2017 06:19 PM

What proportion of the population in Arkansas is rural? I'd guess more than half. So is he confessing he snookered them? Isn't there an old folk saying about looking in the mirror before you criticise others.

O yes, we are deplorable to. It took me a lot of years to learn that I don't want to be spoken well of by those who would tarnish my own reputation by doing so.

• Sonya Grace Lobell

11/12/2017 06:18 PM

How dare he say rural folks are gullible! The nerve! As my sweet Mom used to say under her breath when a foolish person would say something annoying, "Hmph! A good slap!"

• Gerry Davis

11/12/2017 05:37 PM

Always enjoy your message and some times share. Bill Clinton is a "wannabe" in that it just kills him that his evil wife didn't get the nomination for President. These people are washed up, over, done with and they need to go find them a place to live where they can look at each other every single day. I cannot believe they still have true friends. But, the old saying goes, "Birds of a feather, flock together." Also, if you lay down with dogs, you get fleas." Their mouths have overloaded their behinds. Don't you just love it? The two of them are laughable.

• Ruth Heinz

11/12/2017 05:33 PM

I read a lot of American history. I have never read of a time that past presidents were so vocal about the sitting president. Thomas Jefferson did a lot of "behind the back" chat to discourage support of John Adams, but even he did not stoop to the personal attacks that Clinton, Obama, and the Bushes have. I think it is disgraceful and entirely disrespectful. It tells me volumes more about the attacker than the attacked. To me, the gullible ones are those who continue to believe that Clinton and his pals really give a hoot about their well being. I think Obama's actions show that power and wealth are what they are after, not the betterment of this country and its citizens. People need to listen with their eyes and watch what people do. That's how you learn the truth.

• Rita Sammons

11/12/2017 05:31 PM

Oh please. More excuses why Hillary lost. Well, Mr. Clinton, we rural folk are smarter than you think. We knew who the liar and crook was. 8 years of Obama and Clinton was enough for us!!

• Mary Roy

11/12/2017 05:27 PM

Only the Clintons really know how to insult the average hard working Americans. Keep them coming, they are eye openers, for us "the little people ". Thank you Governor, you are a blessing. May God bless you and yours.
    Sincerely
    Mary Roy
    Author "Coming To America an Immigrant's Voyage ".

• Marian Jacoby

11/12/2017 05:27 PM

Rural folks more gullible? I was a physical therapist in Baton Rouge in the 90s. My most responsible young patients were of rural upbringing. They knew how to work hard and were punctual and disciplined in their rehab. Bill and Hill have poor character; rural folk in general focus on improving character and will do anything for a neighbor. Also, friendships tell a lot about someone. Who are Bill/Hill's intimate friends? Weinstein...other Hollywood creeps... Democrats. And who was impeached? It wasn't a farmer! :)

• Dave Alexander

11/12/2017 05:16 PM

Why are we not talking about a POTUS who used his power for sexual favors namely Bill Clinton! Why else would a 19 year old volunteer intern fool around with old Bill ?

Bill Clinton says rural folks more gullible

November 8, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

Idiotic Policy

• Jerry Waechter

11/13/2017 10:09 AM

• Frank Varner

11/13/2017 10:03 AM

• Tracie Gipson

11/13/2017 09:57 AM

• Celeste Anderson

11/13/2017 09:37 AM

• Terry Martin

11/13/2017 08:43 AM

Bill Clinton won't be able to spin (lie) at the judgment.

• LaMoyne Priddy

11/13/2017 08:40 AM

• LaMoyne Priddy

11/13/2017 08:33 AM

• Crystal Engels

11/13/2017 08:30 AM

• Jim Corrin

11/13/2017 08:22 AM

• Jeff Lynn

11/13/2017 07:58 AM

Perhaps Mr. Clinton was trying to explain how he got elected.

• william kesler

11/13/2017 07:12 AM

The Clinton's are easy to read... simply invert any statement they make.

• Margaret Hamm

• Frances Mays

11/13/2017 01:27 AM

• Kathy Owen

11/12/2017 11:42 PM

• Betty Jeanne Tackett

11/12/2017 11:38 PM

I have more I could say but not the time!!
    Thanks for listening!!

• Barbara Kulwicki

11/12/2017 09:50 PM

• Janice Butler

11/12/2017 09:40 PM

• Jerry Rampton

11/12/2017 09:02 PM

I love rural people. Gullible? NO WAY !!!

• Claudia Nelson

11/12/2017 09:00 PM

• Sandra Mendoza

11/12/2017 08:50 PM

• Kathleen Bowings

11/12/2017 08:48 PM

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:17 PM

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:15 PM

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:14 PM

• Geraldine Slaght

11/12/2017 08:14 PM

The Clintons are so Evil. And self serving people. They should be put in jail.

• Jerry Rampton

11/12/2017 07:36 PM

I love rural people. Gullible? NO WAY !!!

• Patsy Cobb

• Rita Sammons

11/12/2017 05:31 PM

• Mary Roy

11/12/2017 05:27 PM

Sincerely
    Mary Roy
    Author "Coming To America an Immigrant's Voyage ".

• Marian Jacoby

11/12/2017 05:27 PM

• Dave Alexander

11/12/2017 05:16 PM

Bill Clinton says rural folks more gullible

November 8, 2017

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

Idiotic Policy

• Jerry Waechter

11/13/2017 10:09 AM

• Frank Varner

11/13/2017 10:03 AM

• Tracie Gipson

11/13/2017 09:57 AM

• Celeste Anderson

11/13/2017 09:37 AM

• Terry Martin

11/13/2017 08:43 AM

Bill Clinton won't be able to spin (lie) at the judgment.

• LaMoyne Priddy

11/13/2017 08:40 AM

• LaMoyne Priddy

11/13/2017 08:33 AM

• Crystal Engels

11/13/2017 08:30 AM

• Jim Corrin

11/13/2017 08:22 AM

• Jeff Lynn

11/13/2017 07:58 AM

Perhaps Mr. Clinton was trying to explain how he got elected.

• william kesler

11/13/2017 07:12 AM

The Clinton's are easy to read... simply invert any statement they make.

• Margaret Hamm

• Frances Mays

11/13/2017 01:27 AM

• Kathy Owen

11/12/2017 11:42 PM

• Betty Jeanne Tackett

11/12/2017 11:38 PM

I have more I could say but not the time!!
    Thanks for listening!!

• Barbara Kulwicki

11/12/2017 09:50 PM

• Janice Butler

11/12/2017 09:40 PM

• Jerry Rampton

11/12/2017 09:02 PM

I love rural people. Gullible? NO WAY !!!

• Claudia Nelson

11/12/2017 09:00 PM

• Sandra Mendoza

11/12/2017 08:50 PM

• Kathleen Bowings

11/12/2017 08:48 PM

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:17 PM

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:15 PM

• Charles Ziegler

11/12/2017 08:14 PM

• Geraldine Slaght

11/12/2017 08:14 PM

The Clintons are so Evil. And self serving people. They should be put in jail.

• Jerry Rampton

11/12/2017 07:36 PM

I love rural people. Gullible? NO WAY !!!

• Patsy Cobb

• Rita Sammons

11/12/2017 05:31 PM

• Mary Roy

11/12/2017 05:27 PM

Sincerely
    Mary Roy
    Author "Coming To America an Immigrant's Voyage ".

• Marian Jacoby